Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,993 members, 7,806,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians (13011 Views)

Nigerians Can Now Buy And Sell Electricity (2 MW Minimum) - Fashola / See What Was Actually Distributed To Farmers During Buhari’s Visit To Bauchi / NDDC, China Plan 7,000 Mega Watts Regional Power Project In Niger Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by calddon(m): 11:43am On Sep 19, 2017
D existing lines nko, wias d boost in output
Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by awoo47: 11:44am On Sep 19, 2017
idupaul:

I have contacted Eko Disco this morning and they have promised to look into it
i don't even knw who to contact
The nepa office beside my house dey put on gen

2 Likes

Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by bkool7(m): 11:44am On Sep 19, 2017
Flets:
Fashola has taken this his local lagos APC propaganda to Abuja. We know APC is desperate to gain at least one 2019 campaign point but this one right here is dead on arrival.

He should focus on addressing the imminent PHCN workers strike than this loose / see through lies.

How has this your comment addressed the issue here?

Everything is not politics

Some people may actually want to leave a long lasting legacy

You ppl should start thinking constructively

How long are we gonna fight this useless Apc/Pdp rivalry when we're actually the loser?

Those Discos better find funds to build more distribution stations and they better not increase tarrif

Its been two years and I'm taking stocks b4 i lose hope. I cant even lose hope

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by ceejay80s(m): 11:50am On Sep 19, 2017
NA OUR NEPA BILL PAYMENT UNA WAN TAKE BOOST AM? WETIN HAPPEN TO ALL OUR OIL MONEY, UNA NO FIT USE THAT MONEY BUY THE EQUIPMENTS,
IF UNA GIVE US PREPAID METERS , NOBODY WILL OWE COS ONCE U USE AM FINISH UR LIGHT WILL BE DISCONNECTED AUTOMATICALLY.....SO GIVE US PREPAID METERS AND STOP COMPLAINING

1 Like

Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by maleekberry: 11:52am On Sep 19, 2017
its possible the government is saying the truth my reason for this is simple in kaduna road, aluminum village to be precise there's 24hours electricity there but you wont believe the people enjoying it are not up to 20 simply because the nepa people told them to go and buy their own transformer so that they can connect to that power but the community due to one reason or the other didn't do that only some filling stations, cold rooms, some betting house and one hotel bought the transformer and they enjoy 24hours uninterrupted power supply

2 Likes

Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by tonte(m): 11:56am On Sep 19, 2017
just say what you know abeg

Islie:
cc lalasticlala

the GENCO self want to increase tariffs but cant meet up with the supplied generation.
they are the real problem of electricity distribution and generation self
Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by Pritycrystal(f): 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2017
This is kinda true. Most distribution companies have refused to take supply even though it's available for fear of payment. The fear that customers will not pay bills is a big factor. How will they pay the generating companies for electricity used when customers refuse to pay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by ceejay80s(m): 12:03pm On Sep 19, 2017
Keneking:
APC sef and useless lies...

So who keeps the 2,000 MW...

Buhari abi Lai abi Ambode?

THAE 2000 MW DEY INSIDE AMBODE SUCKAWELL
Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by Pritycrystal(f): 12:03pm On Sep 19, 2017
calddon:
D existing lines nko, wias d boost in output
most of the existing lines are weak n needs to b changed. That's y u have issues like lines dropping and killing people.
Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by ceejay80s(m): 12:05pm On Sep 19, 2017
Pritycrystal:
This is kinda true. Most distribution companies have refused to take supply even though it's available for fear of payment. The fear that customers will not pay bills is a big factor. How will they pay the generating companies for electricity used when customers refuse to pay.

NEPA OFFICIAL SPOTTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GIVE US PREPAID METER AND SEE IF CONSUMERS WILL NOT RECHARGE WHEN IT EXPIRES
Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by 9jatatafo(m): 12:05pm On Sep 19, 2017
And the gencos continue dishing out estimated bill. they refused to install prepaid meters. i wish i know the right place to lay my complain of estimated billing. they keep giving me reading that are higher than what the analogue meter reads. Bunch of rip off
Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by HMZi: 12:06pm On Sep 19, 2017
CriticMaestro:
E good like that, make our transformer no come blow
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by abasiokike100: 12:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
See them talking as if they did something extraordinary. Don't worry rainy season will soon be over and your extra megawatt will disappear, then lets see which lie you will us again.
Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by sulaimania2003(m): 12:20pm On Sep 19, 2017
CriticMaestro:
E good like that, make our transformer no come blow
grin
Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by datjohn(m): 12:23pm On Sep 19, 2017
dre11:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/electricity-2000-mega-watts-generated-not-distributed-nigerians/

So is this fellow claimin that Transmission Company is no longer the problem now?
Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by persius555(m): 12:26pm On Sep 19, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
There are three people you can't deceive in this life, they are:-

1. God

2. Devil. And,

3. Yourself..

Brother I don't wanna be economical with the truth, you are blatantly and shamelessly lying to yourself without any atom or molecule of shame on your face angry

NB: The Worst Form Of Deceit Is Self Deceit And That What You Are Just Doing

You are a very bitter person. No country will read your comment and allow you into their domain.

Hate and Chronic Pessimism will drown you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by israelmao(m): 12:27pm On Sep 19, 2017
Traders of lies continue 2019 is just a tick away.
Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by jibs4lv(m): 12:35pm On Sep 19, 2017
Since about one and half year in my aŕea we v been on power rotation of one day on ,one day of but since early last montht that the newly transformer supplied and installed started working ,I can't believe this can happen in Nigeria,almost 20hrs light everyday though I dnt know maybe it's to activate the new machine to work proper or that is how it will continue but am sure Nigeria will surely get there soonest.
Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 19, 2017
Islie:
cc lalasticlala

the GENCO self want to increase tariffs but cant meet up with the supplied generation.
they are the real problem of electricity distribution and generation self

The news is false Sir.
Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 1:47pm On Sep 19, 2017
The hand writing is on the wall discos accept power from Gencos they ja e to pay no profit refuse power they don't pay but charge customers for power they never distributed in the 1st place .
SOLUTION Prepaid Meter . That way they will operate like the Telecoms coy
Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by Avizizo(m): 2:02pm On Sep 19, 2017
It may not be distributed in your areas or you just make up your mind to be a lier but I see a very good change here in Osun
Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by Pritycrystal(f): 2:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
[prepaid metres will come but how about the millions who will bypass the metres?quote author=ceejay80s post=60614887]

GIVE US PREPAID METER AND SEE IF CONSUMERS WILL NOT RECHARGE WHEN IT EXPIRES[/quote]
Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by ceejay80s(m): 2:15pm On Sep 19, 2017
Pritycrystal:
[prepaid metres will come but how about the millions who will bypass the metres?quote author=ceejay80s post=60614887]

GIVE US PREPAID METER AND SEE IF CONSUMERS WILL NOT RECHARGE WHEN IT EXPIRES

then,they should come up with heavy fines on that particular issue
Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by Juliearth(f): 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2017
Bitter truth: its a business and if distributing to other countries would yield more Returns On Investment,why not?
Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 19, 2017
dre11:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/electricity-2000-mega-watts-generated-not-distributed-nigerians/

Disco that has turned to a mega corrupt umpire, how do you expect people to pay for seen light and not for using light?

Change is not easy,this idiots will distribute bills three days after that you will see them disconnecting people's wire's.

imagine this fools have already collect September bill,I wonder how they do come about all this bills.

I enter a fast food joint without ordering for food,the attendant bill me five thousand,how did he know that I will eat to that amount?
Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by Standing5(m): 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2017
Flets:
Fashola has taken this his local lagos APC propaganda to Abuja. We know APC is desperate to gain at least one 2019 campaign point but this one right here is dead on arrival.

He should focus on addressing the imminent PHCN workers strike than this loose / see through lies.
Prepaid meter.
Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 19, 2017
Juliearth:
Bitter truth: its a business and if distributing to other countries would yield more Returns On Investment,why not?
And you subscribed to that?
Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 19, 2017
Pritycrystal:
So you expect them to pay for darkness abi?

Light or no light bills must come,why?
Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by Juliearth(f): 3:27pm On Sep 19, 2017
AntiIPOB:
And you subscribed to that?

Its a fact that I dont subscribe to.
Re: Electricity: 2,000 Mega-watts Generated Not Distributed To Nigerians by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 19, 2017
Juliearth:

Its a fact that I dont subscribe to.
And do you believed that right now we pay before using light?

Let them give light and see if the public will have any excuse to own them, for now they have no reason to complain,from obj to gej and now how many times this fools increase tariff without reasonable output?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governors, Ex-Governors, Others Meet In Lagos Over Insecurity, 2023 Polls / FG Officially Presents 4Ds As New Foreign Policy Documents / Iara Oshiomhole Visits An Orphanage In Edo State - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.