Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Short Story: I Must Really Be Stupid By Osarumen Edosa - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short Story: I Must Really Be Stupid By Osarumen Edosa (758 Views)

A Story I Wrote Based On My True Life Events / The Untold Story (I Almost Died) / Short Story: I Am A Monster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Short Story: I Must Really Be Stupid By Osarumen Edosa by Osasnidas(m): 12:38am On Sep 19, 2017
I went on a journey from Benin to Lagos. Like every other bini boy who have had enough from seeing the muddy houses and old rusty roofs of benin I was clueless about where I was going to. this was my first time I had hopes and thoughts of blending in perfectly, experiencing the much talked about lagos life, business, area boys, transportation and hustle and also get to hear them call me “omobendel leleyi o” it was a dream or the dream, I needed a cheap transportation so I boarded a bus at iyaro park, my first destination was mowe in ogun state about 30-45minutes drive to lagos where I hoped to settle in. and start working in a company that I will earn 350 grand in a month for a start with an official car and apartment and also with free travel expenses in business trips anywhere in the world, with a wooping 50grand monthly allowance with added 30grand for health, they wouldn’t want their priced asset to fall sick. the CEO had promised me a raise within one month if I pull enough earnings for the company based on my reputation, I was determined to do better for that raise. not that I couldn’t afford a flight ticket or a luxury transport I wanted to enjoy cheap transport and get to see buildings along the way. so in the bus I sat with this chocolate lady named Adesuwa, she was a bit busty and very beautiful, judging from her height she was about 5foot 7. she braided an all back hair and her a nice set of dentals that was whiter than those white native chalk, she could pass for those toothpaste commercials so I thought, she wore a nice brown top and white skirt which merged perfectly with her hour glass body , we got talking and she seemed to reciprocate my interest in her throughout the journey I got to know that unlike me she is a regular in lagos, her parents’ stays in lekki but she stays in Victoria island, wow I exclaimed, I have already met a guide in lagos and she also stays in V.I where I will also be staying. Of course she is pretty we will bond perfectly, we exchanged contacts and I alighted at mowe, spent a day in my uncles house and the next day I was in lagos. I saw her three days later we got to know each other’s place she was leaving with her roommate. wow all this was happening too fast a not so handsome guy like me hooking up with a princess and having a nice job, my job went well within a month I was the P.A of the CEO I got the raise with lots of bonus. my relationship with Adesuwa was at first platonic but we started taking things serious went on a date, took her shopping bought her gifts, then she planned a surprise for me, to my surprise it was amazing. First it was fore play in her couch, she told me to go take a bath and join her in the bed room like a vehicle with failed brakes I was in and out in 3 minutes jumped on the bed, I watched her removed her towel in front of me, in my mind I was finally going to get it. before she removed her towel, I got a big slapped on the back of my head by my mom “go wash plate wey you tey eat abi na me wan wash an for you” she said
I then realize that all this while I have been dreaming. I woke up from a dream of money and my dream girl to a reality of washing dishes. like they say dreams come true the next day I went to iyaro park to enter the bus to lagos JUST TO MAKE THE DREAM COME TRUE, I must really be stupid. THE END
Re: Short Story: I Must Really Be Stupid By Osarumen Edosa by MummyIMadeIt: 7:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
Interesting
Re: Short Story: I Must Really Be Stupid By Osarumen Edosa by MummyIMadeIt: 7:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
grin
Re: Short Story: I Must Really Be Stupid By Osarumen Edosa by tommegie52(m): 5:35am On Sep 20, 2017
Bravo!!!

(1) (Reply)

Why Don't We Have A Nairaland Based Writing Competition / The Bloody Sex / My Fate, My Destiny - Episode 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.