Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,181 members, 7,780,254 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:22 AM

Can These Be Words From God In Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can These Be Words From God In Bible (416 Views)

South African Church Seen Worshipping God In Style. Video / Why Was Peter, Paul And The Apostles Not Rich In Bible Days? / If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can These Be Words From God In Bible by NASTYNASOSO: 8:06am On Sep 19, 2017
*Can this be word of God?*

*Uncover their Cover*

Let me point out some verses in the Holy Bible
*Incest between father and daughter*

Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave.
One day the older daughter said to the younger, "Our father is old, and there is no man around here to lie with us, as is the custom all over the earth.
Let's get our father to drink wine and then lie with him and preserve our family line through our father."
That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and lay with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.
The next day the older daughter said to the younger, "Last night I lay with my father. Let's get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and lie with him so we can preserve our family line through our father."
So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went and lay with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.
So both of Lot's daughters became pregnant by their father. Genes 19:30-36

*incest between mother and son*

While Israel was living in that region, Reuben went in and slept with his father's concubine Bilhah, and Israel heard of it. Jacob had twelve sons Genes 35:22

*Incest between father in law and daughter in law*

When Judah saw her, he thought she was a prostitute, for she had covered her face.
Not realizing that she was his daughter-in-law, he went over to her by the roadside and said, "Come now, let me sleep with you." "And what will you give me to sleep with you?" she asked.
"I'll send you a young goat from my flock," he said. "Will you give me something as a pledge until you send it?" she asked.
He said, "What pledge should I give you?" "Your seal and its cord, and the staff in your hand," she answered. So he gave them to her and slept with her, and she became pregnant by him. Genes 38:15-18

*Incest and Rape between brother and sister*

13:11 But when she took it to him to eat, he grabbed her and said, "Come to bed with me, my sister."
13:12 "Don't, my brother!" she said to him. "Don't force me. Such a thing should not be done in Israel! Don't do this wicked thing.
13:13 What about me? Where could I get rid of my disgrace? And what about you? You would be like one of the wicked fools in Israel. Please speak to the king; he will not keep me from being married to you."
13:14 But he refused to listen to her, and since he was stronger than she, he raped her. Genes 13:11-14

*Wholesale Rape and incest between mother and son*

So they pitched a tent for Absalom on the roof, and he lay with his father's concubines in the sight of all Israel. Genesis 16:22

*Note*
The word concubines is synonymous to the word wife in the bible

Can this be word from God
Re: Can These Be Words From God In Bible by ekrizz(m): 8:31am On Sep 19, 2017
According to my opinion, these are actions of people as recorded in the Bible. They were not written for you to emulate.

1 Like

Re: Can These Be Words From God In Bible by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 19, 2017
have you taken your time to study lev. 18 and lev. 22?
do so and your inner eyes will open to what you don't understand
Re: Can These Be Words From God In Bible by iamgenius(m): 9:33am On Sep 19, 2017
dayo2me:
have you taken your time to study lev. 18 and lev. 22?

do so and your inner eyes will open to what you don't understand
Yes we have studied it, it is a contradiction with what the OP posted. What do you have to say about it?
Re: Can These Be Words From God In Bible by iamgenius(m): 9:44am On Sep 19, 2017
ekrizz:
According to my opinion, these are actions of people as recorded in the Bible. They were not written for you to emulate.
Actions of people in God's words/book? I'm tired � if you people.

1 Like

Re: Can These Be Words From God In Bible by revelatiorcm(m): 10:26am On Sep 19, 2017
Yes it is the word of God
Re: Can These Be Words From God In Bible by Samsimple(m): 11:06am On Sep 19, 2017
When u hear the bible is the word of God, do u think they mean every sentence... See the bible is just like a history book that show record of men who had great encounter with God and so on... In other word the bible did not fall frm heaven... It is compilation of different books .. Written by men who intend to pass down great knowledge of their encounter with God to future generations

(1) (Reply)

Muslims Ordered To Hand Over All Copies Of The Quran Or Face Punishment / Laodicea, Part 4 : "Buy" Your Salvation ( Rev 3:18 ) - Paul Ellis / Who Is A Priest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.