Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,338 members, 7,780,888 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:53 AM

10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi (19509 Views)

This Fisherman Uses Fish To Catch Bigger Fish (pictures/video) / Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo / Kalahari Red Goats Farming In Nigeria - All You Should Know Before Starting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 9:53am On Sep 19, 2017
The Toothpick Problem.
Sometimes last year the Federal government banned the importation of toothpick using our foreign exchange. However, some people still source USD from the black market to go and buy toothpick.

On the other hand, Bamboo is seen by many as nuisance in Nigeria because you cannot get rid of it on your land. Therefore, every year in Edo State for instance people set fire on it to burn it down. Meanwhile in China they use their bamboo to make toothpick and export it to Nigeria. No government have interfere in this and the public are also not aware of the billions of dollars they are burning every year.

Our government is trying to create jobs and meanwhile you can use bamboo for the following unknown to Most Nigerians.

But they also use Bamboo for many other things you may not be aware of. Black bamboo shoot help treat kidney diseases. Roots and leaves have also been used to treat venereal diseases and cancer. According to reports in a small village in Indonesia, water from the culm (the side branches) is used to treat diseases of the bone effectively.

Bamboo is used to feed people and animals.
Bamboo shoots are used mainly in Asian food preparations. In Japan, the antioxidant properties of the bamboo skin prevent bacterial growth, and are used as natural food preservatives. Bamboo leaves and shoots are also the staple diet of pandas and elephants.

Bamboo is used to make rugs.
Exotic woods like the mango are often used in Oriental rugs. Buying a bamboo rug will ensure that you save a tree.
Bamboo is used to make diapers. For those of you who think that going green should start from infancy, wearing diapers made from bamboo cloth is an option. According to Japanese scientists, bamboo cloth can retain its antibacterial quality even after 50 washings.

Bamboo is used to make beer!
If you haven’t tried it yet, I can vouch for the fact that bamboo beer tastes absolutely fabulous.

Bamboo is used to make musical instruments.
Flutes, drums, digeridoos, even saxophones– bamboo is versatile when it comes to making instruments.

Bamboo is used to make clothes.
Bamboo– it’s the new hemp. T-shirts, socks, robes, boxers… your wardrobe can become entirely organic and sustainable.
Bamboo is used to feed people and animals.

Bamboo shoots are used mainly in Asian food preparations. In Japan, the antioxidant properties of the bamboo skin prevent bacterial growth, and are used as natural food preservatives. Bamboo leaves and shoots are also the staple diet of pandas and elephants.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=270617896777659&id=158338594672257

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by youngreva(m): 10:01am On Sep 19, 2017
wow thats informative Lalasticlala this is fp worthy joor

2 Likes

Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by veekid(m): 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2017
We dey use am for goal post

31 Likes

Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by shurley22(f): 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2017
Clothes?
Beer?
Really? undecided
Wow!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by Narldon: 12:02pm On Sep 19, 2017

Even Common Bamboo is more USEFUL than BUHARI in this Country cry

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 12:03pm On Sep 19, 2017
The thing with our online warriors and chest beaters is to criticize all policies of the government...

We know its 2017, and producing toothpick is shamefull.
But is it not more shamefull that this is 2017 and the giant of africa cannot boast of producing anything.

If we have to start, we have to start from somewhere.
Its good to criticize but its stupid to be attacking every policy of the govt..

We are behind, but we still need to start from sumwhr

7 Likes

Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by officialteemi(m): 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2017
wow wow wow wow crew landing
Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by Naijashortcode(m): 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2017
Wow, nice information.
Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by Florblu(f): 12:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
I read it in my Primary School English textbook that it was used to save a boy from drowning. grin

3 Likes

Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by mrbillz(m): 12:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
One of the strongest wood in the forest cool

1 Like

Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by Raphaelmary(m): 12:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
Discipline nkor? i remember those seniors dat year.. dem dey use bamboo draw tattoo for our butt in the name of discipline..... i hate bamboo jhoor!

1 Like

Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by Babysho(m): 12:09pm On Sep 19, 2017
For Goal Post

2 Likes

Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by Lorechino(m): 12:09pm On Sep 19, 2017
Commenting from Alvan Ikoku Ow. Over and out we use it for scaffolding abi Na wetin while building house especially upstair

2 Likes

Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by hemsquare(m): 12:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
Aparun.
Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 19, 2017
Bamboo bamboo ah bam bamboo Bamboo is used to pack a smelly punnani...
Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by tyson98: 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2017
This one too then grin

9 Likes

Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 19, 2017
And Nairaland slay mamas use it for self service. What happens when you've slept with too many men, and the tool has passed it's YIELD POINT.

1 Like

Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by beaversticks(m): 12:19pm On Sep 19, 2017
For flogging the living hell outta people

1 Like

Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by heendrix(m): 12:21pm On Sep 19, 2017
Narldon:

Even Common Bamboo is more UESFUL than me in this Country cry

thank god you know

1 Like

Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by Stevengerd(m): 12:23pm On Sep 19, 2017
hemsquare:
Aparun.
Aparun kor, oparun ni
Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by mightyhazel: 12:26pm On Sep 19, 2017
chai and i don go burn the one wen dey my fence for village because of small snake wen i see dere...

1 Like

Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by davss02(m): 12:26pm On Sep 19, 2017
Ahdontbilivit
Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by brightnonso: 12:26pm On Sep 19, 2017
Adieza:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=270617896777659&id=158338594672257

your information in not complete;
you gave us the uses or bamboo trees without informing us how it can be used to get the required results.

Cos I get many bamboo trees for my village o

2 Likes

Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by nedu2000(m): 12:27pm On Sep 19, 2017
I remember one old bamboo documentary back then on nta in the 80s, very boring
Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by asawanathegreat(m): 12:28pm On Sep 19, 2017
I don tire for una jor wetin be dis again?
Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by muller101(m): 12:29pm On Sep 19, 2017
We use am do TV antenna grin
Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by Ganjafama(m): 12:30pm On Sep 19, 2017
Oga OP thanks for this educative piece. But I must educatate you on the fact that African bamboo and Asian bamboo are very different in structure and strength. The African bamboo is tough and is only good for support during building construction. While the Asian bamboo is soft and can be easily chewed by animals.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by 989900: 12:31pm On Sep 19, 2017
Typhoid fever's nemesis when boiled with Lime/lemon.
Re: 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi by Narldon: 12:52pm On Sep 19, 2017
officialteemi:
wow wow wow wow crew landing

This One that is doing wow wow wow wow

OGA, Are you an Ambulance?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maize Grains, Soyabeans, Sorghum and all grains available In Tonnes For Sale / How To Start Intensive Cat Fish Farming / Corpers Cultivate Groundnuts, Rear Livestock In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.