Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,958 members, 7,803,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Relocated - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocated (11792 Views)

Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments / Married Guys That Relocated To The UK, Whats Your Experience / Nigerian Man Shows Impressive Transformation Years After He Relocated Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocated by CockpitSense: 8:26am On Sep 23, 2017
Una weldone ooh undecided
Dem don derail the thread finish... SMH

1 Like

Re: Relocated by pretty16(f): 10:17am On Sep 23, 2017
CockpitSense:
Una weldone ooh undecided
Dem don derail the thread finish... SMH

God will not let them derail the thread. I think Chokey419 should be leaving this weekend, that's if he hasn't already left. So he would be updating his thread pretty soon after he settles in. Guess that's why he has been silent. Keeping our fingers crossed and waiting for updates from him.
Re: Relocated by NONNYG: 10:23am On Sep 23, 2017
Patiently waiting for update from OP
Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 10:29am On Sep 23, 2017
pretty16:

God will not let them derail the thread. I think Chokey419 should be leaving this weekend, that's if he hasn't already left. So he would be updating his thread pretty soon after he settles in. Guess that's why he has been silent. Keeping our fingers crossed and waiting for updates from him.
I am actually leaving on Wednesday by His grace. Been busy that's why I haven't really been online.

3 Likes

Re: Relocated by Eseblanco(m): 10:35am On Sep 23, 2017
mrjojo:
Family based F1? or you meant F2?
There is nothing like this. Moreover F1 visa is a study based visa not meant for "permanent" relocation.

Sorry if am derailing dis thread.
Please someone shud clarify me o
*modified*
please what kind of visa do i need to school and work at the same time in US? Am a fresh graduate seeking to do my masters
Re: Relocated by pretty16(f): 10:41am On Sep 23, 2017
chokey419:
I am actually leaving on Wednesday by His grace. Been busy that's why I haven't really been online.

OK cool.
Re: Relocated by mrjojo: 2:00pm On Sep 23, 2017
Eseblanco:

Sorry if am derailing dis thread.
Please someone shud clarify me o
*modified*
please what kind of visa do i need to school and work at the same time in US? Am a fresh graduate seeking to do my masters
the F1 visa, and you can only work for 20hrs/week on campus.
Re: Relocated by Eseblanco(m): 3:32pm On Sep 23, 2017
mrjojo:
the F1 visa, and you can only work for 20hrs/week on campus.

Thank u
Re: Relocated by CockpitSense: 4:30pm On Sep 23, 2017
pretty16:

Let's hope so
Re: Relocated by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2017
No hating bro, absolutely no hating but things like this bleeps me up. I also started with the immigrant visa, my dad was a citizen. Well my three siblings got their immigrant visa which was cool. Can u imagine I couldn't get mine, had to move out with an F1 student visa. That student visa is just not so good. Nothing pass immigrant visa ooo, use it wisely.
Anyways I live in Minnesota, which city u moving to?
Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 8:22pm On Sep 23, 2017
Arondizuogu:
No hating bro, absolutely no hating but things like this bleeps me up. I also started with the immigrant visa, my dad was a citizen. Well my three siblings got their immigrant visa which was cool. Can u imagine I couldn't get mine, had to move out with an F1 student visa. That student visa is just not so good. Nothing pass immigrant visa ooo, use it wisely.
Anyways I live in Minnesota, which city u moving to?
Why couldn't you get yours? Well I am going to Wisconsin, Milwaukee to be precise. Made a mistake about Minnesota.
Re: Relocated by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2017
chokey419:
Why couldn't you get yours? Well I am going to Wisconsin, Milwaukee to be precise. Made a mistake about Minnesota.
One stupid DNA mishap. Thinking of getting married.
Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 8:53pm On Sep 23, 2017
Arondizuogu:

One stupid DNA mishap. Thinking of getting married.
Wow, so your dad aint your dad or what? Anyways since you are there already you can make things work in your favor. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Relocated by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 23, 2017
chokey419:
Wow, so your dad aint your dad or what? Anyways since you are there already you can make things work in your favor. All the best.
He was but the embassy misplaced his DNA and didn't call me to come for my own DNA.
My plans now is to get married but if it doesn't work, I pray my bros or sis files for me
Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 9:08pm On Sep 23, 2017
Arondizuogu:

He was but the embassy misplaced his DNA and didn't call me to come for my own DNA.
My plans now is to get married but if it doesn't work, I pray my bros or sis files for me
Its best to get married cus your sibling filing for you is on a long thing, like 12years or more wait time and that's if they are citizens.
Re: Relocated by Oladeep: 10:09pm On Sep 23, 2017
Arondizuogu:

u will have to wait for 18years for u to get an immigrant visa...5years for ur siblings to become citizen and 13years for ur PD to be current...that's a suicidal wait bro...lol

1 Like

Re: Relocated by stacyadams: 11:26pm On Sep 23, 2017
grin grin i don even forget say i do dna test sef..the wait can be frustrating walai...so if perso wait finish,dem go still deny niggas visa..otu ocha grin
Re: Relocated by Godson201333(m): 7:20am On Sep 24, 2017
Arondizuogu:

Hey don't let your brother or sister file for you...It takes more than 12 years..Im sure you don't wanna grow old waiting for an immigrant visa.Check USCIS...and immediately your brother or sister petitioned for you,It might be difficult to use any other means to get your permanent stay.

1 Like

Re: Relocated by pretty16(f): 10:59am On Sep 24, 2017
stacyadams:
grin grin i don even forget say i do dna test sef..the wait can be frustrating walai...so if perso wait finish,dem go still deny niggas visa..[b]otu ocha grin[/

grin cheesy Are u from Mba ano
Re: Relocated by pretty16(f): 11:08am On Sep 24, 2017
Arondizuogu:

Why didn't u people go ahead to inform the embassy of their mistake on the DNA test. In fact it's not too late to write USCIS and inform them. U can get a lawyer they will investigate it, and if they confirm its actually an error, they would ask u guys to retake another DNA test. There are ways to go about this things not just abandoning the petition and giving up.
Re: Relocated by stacyadams: 11:42am On Sep 24, 2017
pretty16:

grin cheesy Are u from Mba ano
grin grin grin nooooooooooooo..i just love the word otu ocha
Re: Relocated by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 24, 2017
pretty16:

Why didn't u people go ahead to inform the embassy of their mistake on the DNA test. In fact it's not too late to right USCIS and inform them. U can get a lawyer they will investigate it, and if they confirm its actually an error, they would ask u guys to retake another DNA test. There are ways to go about this things not just abandoning the petition and giving up.

My dad is late. Died the year they messed it up.
Re: Relocated by pretty16(f): 2:53pm On Sep 24, 2017
Arondizuogu:

My dad is late. Died the year they messed it up.

Oh wow! Am really sorry about that. That's the bad thing about it, once a petitioner passes on, the case is closed even the waiting period becomes a waste. But thank God u are there schooling. God will surely make a way.
Re: Relocated by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2017
pretty16:

Oh wow! Am really sorry about that. That's the bad thing about it, once a petitioner passes on, the case is closed even the waiting period becomes a waste. But thank God u are there schooling. God will surely make a way.

Yeah, case is closed sis. I'm just exploring ways of reopening it. I have to write to the congresswoman, but I can't do that. A legal citizen has to do that for me, I'm now scared because people here says it takes time. Like 12 years? True? Cos since it's their fault and not mine?
Re: Relocated by hammed71(m): 8:27pm On Sep 24, 2017
Arondizuogu:

Yeah, case is closed sis. I'm just exploring ways of reopening it. I have to write to the congresswoman, but I can't do that. A legal citizen has to do that for me, I'm now scared because people here says it takes time. Like 12 years? True? Cos since it's their fault and not mine?
dont worry u still have a chance you are there already other options will surely come in

1 Like

Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 6:09pm On Sep 25, 2017
So the past couple of days has been hectic, getting my thing's together buying the usual Nigeria foods which was requested from my mom and last but not least seeing friends who I know it might be awhile before we see again.

All in all its been a good experience. Countdown till the D-day.

7 Likes

Re: Relocated by Afam4eva(m): 6:20pm On Sep 25, 2017
chokey419:
So the past couple of days has been hectic, getting my thing's together buying the usual Nigeria foods which was requested from my mom and last but not least seeing friends who I know it might be awhile before we see again.

The Best Bro..

Pls, do us a favour and post pictures of the journey.
Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 9:18pm On Sep 25, 2017
Afam4eva:

The Best Bro..

Pls, do us a favour and post pictures of the journey.
Sure

1 Like

Re: Relocated by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 25, 2017
Arondizuogu:

Were you in Nigeria when your dad passed?
I've read a clause that covers a beneficiary if said beneficiary is the US when petitioner dies.
If not just finish school get work permit and build your life.
Re: Relocated by pretty16(f): 10:44am On Sep 27, 2017
chokey419:

Wishing you a safe trip bro. Can't wait to hear all the juicy details and pics too cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Relocated by londoner: 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2017
And you have 419 in your username? Why?

2 Likes

Re: Relocated by stacyadams: 1:01am On Sep 28, 2017
is it advisable for somebody who was filled for ,to still go ahead and apply for visit visa??the arguement dey cause fight here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: Commuters Groan, As Transport Fares Increase In Ogun / Turn Off The Light: The Daily Life Struggle Of Nigerians In London / Who has been to Belgium, Denmark, Norway?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.