Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Relocated - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocated (11802 Views)

Canada Looks Like Isolation Camp - Nigerian Man Who Relocated To Canada Laments / Married Guys That Relocated To The UK, Whats Your Experience / Nigerian Man Shows Impressive Transformation Years After He Relocated Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocated by pretty16(f): 5:11am On Sep 28, 2017
stacyadams:
is it advisable for somebody who was filled for ,to still go ahead and apply for visit visa??the arguement dey cause fight here

It's Not advisable. Its usually difficult to get it, but not impossible according to the former V. O.
Re: Relocated by Godson201333(m): 8:32am On Sep 28, 2017
stacyadams:
is it advisable for somebody who was filled for ,to still go ahead and apply for visit visa??the arguement dey cause fight here

Such visas hardly get approval simply because your filling shows that you have interest in USa and also a potential immigrant.They will just tell you to wait till your filling mature.

2 Likes

Re: Relocated by pretty16(f): 6:14pm On Sep 28, 2017
Godson201333:

Such visas hardly get approval simply because your filling shows that you have interest in USa and also a potential immigrant.They will just tell you to wait till your filling mature.

Exactly.
Re: Relocated by pretty16(f): 4:18pm On Sep 29, 2017
chokey419:
I am actually leaving on Wednesday by His grace. Been busy that's why I haven't really been online.

Hi bro, hope u had a smooth trip and resting from the long trip. We Hope to hear from u soon. Meanwhile my mom received a letter from NVC today. I think its the CC letter because its states that they have received all docs concerning the case and that the applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas. Everything is in Gods hands.
Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 5:12pm On Sep 29, 2017
pretty16:

Hi bro, hope u had a smooth trip and resting from the long trip. We Hope to hear from u soon. Meanwhile my mom received a letter from NVC today. I think its the CC letter because its states that they have received all docs concerning the case and that the applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas. Everything is in Gods hands.
Thats great news, congrats.

1 Like

Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 5:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
londoner:
And you have 419 in your username? Why?
My moniker my choice.

5 Likes

Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 5:29pm On Sep 29, 2017
So I finally landed in the US yesterday and the journey was a bit hectic but we thank God for His mercies, left Nigeria on Wednesday with British Airways was a smooth journey but had to drop some things back home cus my baggage was over weight, got to london by after 5 but had a five hour layover before my next flight.

Heathrow is a very large airport escalators everywhere trains to take you from one part of the airport to another and all. By 10 to 11 my final trip to my poe started was 8 and 1/2hrs mild turbulence but all in all was good. The food on the plane was something i have never seen b4, imagine eating purple salad?

Got to O'hare international airport chicago didñt waste time at the cbp just handed in my envelope and was directed to another officer who collected them and told me to sit down. Tried calling my mom but was told i cant make calls in the airport. Within 5mins i was processed and told to queue so I could have my bags checked. Was lucky cus the officer told me to go.

Last part of my journey was taking the bus to milwaukee journey lasted like 2hrs had a white lady besides me the woman can talk for 5 people, she know know as e dey do me.

Finally got home and all is well, going to get my social security no today. Gats to hit the ground running.

15 Likes

Re: Relocated by pretty16(f): 6:09pm On Sep 29, 2017
chokey419:
Thats great news, congrats.

Thanks bro.
Re: Relocated by pretty16(f): 6:22pm On Sep 29, 2017
chokey419:
So I finally landed in the US yesterday and the journey was a bit hectic but we thank God for His mercies, left Nigeria on Wednesday with British Airways was a smooth journey but had to drop some things back home cus my baggage was over weight, got to london by after 5 but had a five hour layover before my next flight.

Heathrow is a very large airport escalators everywhere trains to take you from one part of the airport to another and all. By 10 to 11 my final trip to my poe started was 8 and 1/2hrs mild turbulence but all in all was good. The food on the plane was something i have never seen b4, imagine eating purple salad?

Got to O'hare international airport chicago didñt waste time at the cbp just handed in my envelope and was directed to another officer who collected them and told me to sit down. Tried calling my mom but was told i cant make calls in the airport. Within 5mins i was processed and told to queue so I could have my bags checked. Was lucky cus the officer told me to go.

Last part of my journey was taking the bus to milwaukee journey lasted like 2hrs had a white lady besides me the woman can talk for 5 people, she know know as e dey do me.

Finally got home and all is well, going to get my social security no today. Gats to hit the ground running.

Hahaha cheesy. Laughing at the purple salad part. But @Chokey there's purple cabbage in naija na, those malams sell them in mile 12 market sef. Its just that the price is usually higher than the regular cabbage. Thank God for a safe trip. We dey wait pics ooo grin

3 Likes

Re: Relocated by pretty16(f): 8:30pm On Oct 03, 2017
chokey419:

@ chokey419, what's good bro? How's the weather? Been a while we have heard from you ooo. Abi u dey compile pictures wey u wan post for us.? We still dey wait pics, about the new life in Yankee. Make this your thread still dey alive ooo, like Originalsy , seyewest and co grin wink
Re: Relocated by nattybanta(m): 12:15pm On Oct 05, 2017
NONNYG:
mind u, I also live & work in UAE. My accommodation is free, food is free, transportation to work is free, internet is free, medical is free. With good salary
Are you serious?
Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 1:16am On Oct 09, 2017
Sorry guys for not updating earlier things have been hectic for the last one week.

Well I have been in this country for 10days now and things have been moving really quickly. My SSN came in on Friday. Already scheduled my driving tests already, had to read a manual cuz I have one online thingy b4 having the road test.

Everything here is bigger the roads are smoother not really congested but one thing I noticed is that kids don't really respect their elders, you know back home everyone is so respectful and all but here if u dey wait for greeting u are on along thing o. No issues concerning that for me.

Already have some job opportunities based on the Nigerian community here but I am still taking my time sha, the weather is still okay but it gets a bit cold at nights I have been told to enjoy while it still lasts.

One thing I observed again is the price of fuel, men we dey flex for naija we no know a litre here is close to 3 dollars maybe that's why vehicles ain't much on the roads.

All in all its been a nice experience and I know it majorly becuz I had a soft landing cuz without ur papers men things will be tight.

Still trying to figure out this picture thingy here on nairaland once I do I will begin to upload some I have taken so far.

Cheers.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocated by damoceile: 7:51pm On Nov 07, 2017
Oga what's up now, it's been a long while.. Hope all is going down well with you bro..
Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 5:57am On Aug 20, 2018
Totally forgot about this thread, it’s almost been a year since I moved to the states and it’s been a hell of a journey I will try to update soonest and let y’all know how it’s been so far.

9 Likes

Re: Relocated by hammed71(m): 2:00pm On Aug 20, 2018
OK nice
Re: Relocated by TFLASHOGEE(m): 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2018
plz update bro and picture to thanks
Re: Relocated by JackieP: 10:35pm On Aug 20, 2018
chokey419:
Sorry guys for not updating earlier things have been hectic for the last one week.

Well I have been in this country for 10days now and things have been moving really quickly. My SSN came in on Friday. Already scheduled my driving tests already, had to read a manual cuz I have one online thingy b4 having the road test.

Everything here is bigger the roads are smoother not really congested but one thing I noticed is that kids don't really respect their elders, you know back home everyone is so respectful and all but here if u dey wait for greeting u are on along thing o. No issues concerning that for me.

Already have some job opportunities based on the Nigerian community here but I am still taking my time sha, the weather is still okay but it gets a bit cold at nights I have been told to enjoy while it still lasts.

One thing I observed again is the price of fuel, men we dey flex for naija we no know a litre here is close to 3 dollars maybe that's why vehicles ain't much on the roads.

All in all its been a nice experience and I know it majorly becuz I had a soft landing cuz without ur papers men things will be tight.

Still trying to figure out this picture thingy here on nairaland once I do I will begin to upload some I have taken so far.

Cheers.

Well gas here is not sold in litres but in gallons. I gallon = 3.785411784 liters.
Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 5:27pm On Aug 21, 2018
So basically I got here late September last year and I wanted to hit the ground running I tried searching and applying for jobs online but nothing was forthcoming I started getting a bit frustrated but I knew that everything will still workout fine. I’m currently in Wisconsin and here the public transportation ain’t really nice so that was another issue that was affecting me since most jobs I got called in for an interview were kind of far away, luckily for me a family friend sent me a link to a fedex job as a package handler. I applied and got the job I kid you not I only did that job for one day. It was back breaking work and I think that because I did have an African name they assumed I will be fit and all that. But honestly I couldn’t deal with it. So basically my first 3 months here I was jobless. A lot of people where advising me to work in a gas station or some bull like that but most people who work there are those that don’t have papers and I didn’t want to be drawn into that category.

So late last year I went to a staffing agency and they got me into a very nice job at an international food processing agency within a couple of months I was able to buy my first car. Life was smooth but I knew I wanted more and I didn’t want to be complacent in my current job because some people just get comfortable and be content with making $15 an hr. As you know IT is a very lucrative industry right now an I knew that I had to try to get into that somehow.

Was introduced to some who said he could train me to become EPIC certified but it would cost $1500 for a 3 week class brush up my resume and get me my first gig. I was kind of leaning towards doing that but I later changed my mind. I met this young lady and we started talking which lead to something a bit deeper. I will advise anyone who is single and has a boo back home don’t promise anyone anything because it will just lead to stories that touch. Well back to what I was talking about. I met the chic and apparently she works for an NGO who help to train people into certain IT positions and after you are done with the program you will get guaranteed employment well as a naija boy I knew that I had to get enrolled into the program. I eventually did and classes start by October it’s going to last for 4months so I should be done by January next year. So that basically been what I have been up to so far.

Yankee sweet as long as you keep focused always try to go to school or get certification in what ever field you will want to get into and sky ia your limit. Don’t try to rack up to much debt and you are good to go.

Thanks.

11 Likes

Re: Relocated by Afam4eva(m): 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
chokey419:
So basically I got here late September last year and I wanted to hit the ground running I tried searching and applying for jobs online but nothing was forthcoming I started getting a bit frustrated but I knew that everything will still workout fine. I’m currently in Wisconsin and here the public transportation ain’t really nice so that was another issue that was affecting me since most jobs I got called in for an interview were kind of far away, luckily for me a family friend sent me a link to a fedex job as a package handler. I applied and got the job I kid you not I only did that job for one day. It was back breaking work and I think that because I did have an African name they assumed I will be fit and all that. But honestly I couldn’t deal with it. So basically my first 3 months here I was jobless. A lot of people where advising me to work in a gas station or some bull like that but most people who work there are those that don’t have papers and I didn’t want to be drawn into that category.

So late last year I went to a staffing agency and they got me into a very nice job at an international food processing agency within a couple of months I was able to buy my first car. Life was smooth but I knew I wanted more and I didn’t want to be complacent in my current job because some people just get comfortable and be content with making $15 an hr. As you know IT is a very lucrative industry right now an I knew that I had to try to get into that somehow.

Was introduced to some who said he could train me to become EPIC certified but it would cost $1500 for a 3 week class brush up my resume and get me my first gig. I was kind of leaning towards doing that but I later changed my mind. I met this young lady and we started talking which lead to something a bit deeper. I will advise anyone who is single and has a boo back home don’t promise anyone anything because it will just lead to stories that touch. Well back to what I was talking about. I met the chic and apparently she works for an NGO who help to train people into certain IT positions and after you are done with the program you will get guaranteed employment well as a naija boy I knew that I had to get enrolled into the program. I eventually did and classes start by October it’s going to last for 4months so I should be done by January next year. So that basically been what I have been up to so far.

Yankee sweet as long as you keep focused always try to go to school or get certification in what ever field you will want to get into and sky ia your limit. Don’t try to rack up to much debt and you are good to go.

Thanks.
Good to hear your story.

1 Like

Re: Relocated by hammed71(m): 6:46pm On Aug 21, 2018
nice one chokey
Re: Relocated by pretty16(f): 8:58pm On Aug 23, 2018
chokey419:

Thanks.

@ chokey419. Who would have thought bro. Exactly a year after u got your interview, I got mine. Same month. My interview was 15th of August. I was approved. I have also, COllected my Visa and packet for my kids and I. I had to Opt out of F1 back to F2B, cos F1 had retrogressed 2wice in a role. Very little movement under F1 since last year till date. Leaving Nigeria next month by God's grace. Trying to get things done, and buy stuffs for my mum too. Good to see your update.

1 Like

Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 2:11am On Aug 24, 2018
pretty16:

@ chokey419. Who would have thought bro. Exactly a year after u got your interview, I got mine. Same month. My interview was 15th of August. I was approved. I have also, COllected my Visa and packet for my kids and I. I had to Opt out of F1 back to F2B, cos F1 had retrogressed 2wice in a role. Very little movement under F1 since last year till date. Leaving Nigeria next month by God's grace. Trying to get things done, and buy stuffs for my mum too. Good to see your update.
Wow congratulations I’m so happy for you.
Re: Relocated by lillaowow(m): 3:13am On Aug 24, 2018
chokey419:

I met this young lady and we started talking which lead to something a bit deeper. I will advise anyone who is single and has a boo back home don’t promise anyone anything because it will just lead to stories that touch. Well back to what I was talking about. I met the chic and apparently she works for an NGO who help to train people into certain IT positions and after you are done with the program you will get guaranteed employment

Tell us about the lady. Na that story I like to dey hear.

What about the "Stories that touch part".. abeg explain for people wey still dey Naija
Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 6:51am On Aug 24, 2018
lillaowow:

Tell us about the lady. Na that story I like to dey hear.

What about the "Stories that touch part".. abeg explain for people wey still dey Naija
lol
Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 6:57am On Aug 24, 2018
Well basically if you are not married and you have a girlfriend in Nigeria unless you have the fear of God in you it probably won’t workout. Distance is the first barrier and women here are so easy going that you will be spoilt for options. Also if you want to date your fellow Nigerian here it’s all available. So the girl back home starts nagging complaining about wanting to come over when you haven’t even settled yourself. She may be expecting you to send small change home because you claimed not to forget her. Bros na long thing. Yankee is like a clean slate. You can be who you want to be as long as you work hard and don’t mix with the wrong crowd.

It’s a totally different story if you are married and have kids, that’s your responsibility and you no fit gawk am. But honestly if heard of stories whereby people forget their families back home and it’s messed up.

3 Likes

Re: Relocated by pretty16(f): 9:50am On Aug 24, 2018
chokey419:
Wow congratulations I’m so happy for you.

Thanks Bro
Leaving with B.A as well. Just confirmed my ticket. Heathrow, Chicago then Columbus. How was your immigration experience at the Chicago airport?

2 Likes

Re: Relocated by pretty16(f): 9:54am On Aug 24, 2018
chokey419:
Well basically if you are not married and you have a girlfriend in Nigeria unless you have the fear of God in you it probably won’t workout. Distance is the first barrier and women here are so easy going that you will be spoilt for options. Also if you want to date your fellow Nigerian here it’s all available. So the girl back home starts nagging complaining about wanting to come over when you haven’t even settled yourself. She may be expecting you to send small change home because you claimed not to forget her. Bros na long thing. Yankee is like a clean slate. You can be who you want to be as long as you work hard and don’t mix with the wrong crowd.

It’s a totally different story if you are married and have kids, that’s your responsibility and you no fit gawk am. But honestly if heard of stories whereby people forget their families back home and it’s messed up.

Wow.!
Re: Relocated by chokey419(m): 1:26am On Aug 25, 2018
pretty16:

Thanks Bro
Leaving with B.A as well. Just confirmed my ticket. Heathrow, Chicago then Columbus. How was your immigration experience at the Chicago airport?
was smooth never had any issues just make sure you got your packet.

1 Like

Re: Relocated by pretty16(f): 5:19am On Aug 25, 2018
chokey419:
was smooth never had any issues just make sure you got your packet.

Cool. I will. Thanks Bro
Re: Relocated by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 25, 2018
Update ��
Re: Relocated by Hadampson(m): 7:42am On Aug 26, 2018
Bro chokey419 come and update abeg
Re: Relocated by damoceile: 8:14pm On Sep 13, 2018
Bro try dey attach pics to your update... Hope to read from you soon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! / Two Brothers Aged 12 And 14 Drown In Kwara River (Photo) / Turn Off The Light: The Daily Life Struggle Of Nigerians In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.