Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Evolution - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evolution (1314 Views)

I Don't Believe In Evolution. I Believe Humans Were Genetically Engineered. / Part Of Evolution Theory That Got Me Really Confused....can There Be An Answer? / Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evolution by Cooop: 11:23am On Sep 19, 2017
Re: Evolution by Cooop: 11:27am On Sep 19, 2017
Re: Evolution by Cooop: 11:29am On Sep 19, 2017
Re: Evolution by Cooop: 11:31am On Sep 19, 2017
Re: Evolution by Cooop: 11:34am On Sep 19, 2017
Re: Evolution by Cooop: 11:37am On Sep 19, 2017
So if humans didn't descend from homo erectus, how did we emerge on this planet? Conventional western science certainly doesn't have an honest answer to this question and anyone who believes their answer is acting out of ignorance.
It's sad to say that the answer monotheistic religions give to this question, although not credible, is a lot more closer to the truth than that which science proposes.
Re: Evolution by CoolUsername: 11:53am On Sep 19, 2017
Are these the 'identical skeletons' that you speak of?

1 Like

Re: Evolution by Cooop: 12:17pm On Sep 19, 2017
CoolUsername:
Are these the 'identical skeletons' that you speak of?

As you can see from the image you posted, the skull of the Cromagnon homo sapiens is distinctively different from the homo neandathals and others before it. You can clearly see the foreheads of the other skulls are pushed backwards, unlike the cromagnon and the one after it. You can see the big brow ridges of the other skulls with no foreheads whatsoever. You can see their flat nasal cavities.

Thanks for buttressing my point.
Re: Evolution by budaatum: 12:28pm On Sep 19, 2017
Cooop:
So if humans didn't descend from homo erectus, how did we emerge on this planet? Conventional western science certainly doesn't have an honest answer to this question and anyone who believes their answer is acting out of ignorance.
It's sad to say that the answer monotheistic religions give to this question, although not credible, is a lot more closer to the truth than that which science proposes.
Yep, God done it!
Re: Evolution by Cooop: 2:39pm On Sep 19, 2017
budaatum:
Yep, God done it!
Are you trying to be sarcastic?
Re: Evolution by CoolUsername: 2:46pm On Sep 19, 2017
Cooop:

As you can see from the image you posted, the skull of the Cromagnon homo sapiens is distinctively different from the homo neandathals and others before it. You can clearly see the foreheads of the other skulls are pushed backwards, unlike the cromagnon and the one after it. You can see the big brow ridges of the other skulls with no foreheads whatsoever. You can see their flat nasal cavities.

Thanks for buttressing my point.

What I see is that the Cro-magnon looks like a missing link between the Neanderthal and the modern homo sapien. The skulls look progressively more 'human' as time moves on.

There is also no need to bring intelligent design into this, even if your theory is right--which it isn't-- it doesn't prove that humans didn't evolve from--and still are--apes. DNA evidence clearly shows us this.
Re: Evolution by Cooop: 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
CoolUsername:

What I see is that the Cro-magnon looks like a missing link between the Neanderthal and the modern homo sapien. The skulls look progressively more 'human' as time moves on.

There is also no need to bring intelligent design into this, even if your theory is right--which it isn't-- it doesn't prove that humans didn't evolve from--and still are--apes. DNA evidence clearly shows us this.

There is no missing link. The cromagnon isn't even a species. Cromagnons are homosapiens just as we are. The term is just used to identify a cultural group of early modern humans that lived in the European upper paleolithic

I'm not bringing intelligent design into anything. I'm just trying to prove to you that western science is deliberately lying to us about our origin. Whether we were designed or not, remains a question, but what's patently obvious is that we didn't evolve from Homo Erectus.

Have you examined the human DNA though? We have 23 pairs unlike the other primates who have 24, because our second and third strands where miraculously fused. The homo erectus had 24 pairs. Going by the amazing set of characteristics we suddenly evolved, shouldn't we need more pairs for this to occur or at least same sets, instead of less?
Re: Evolution by CoolUsername: 3:29pm On Sep 19, 2017
Cooop:

There is no missing link. The cromagnon isn't even a species. Cromagnons are homosapiens just as we are. The term is just used to identify a cultural group of early modern humans that lived in the European upper paleolithic

I'm not bringing intelligent design into anything. I'm just trying to prove to you that western science is deliberately lying to us about our origin. Whether we were designed or not, remains a question, but what's patently obvious is that we didn't evolve from Homo Erectus.

Have you examined the human DNA though? We have 23 pairs unlike the other primates who have 24, because our second and third strands where miraculously fused. The homo erectus had 24 pairs. Going by the amazing set of characteristics we suddenly evolved, shouldn't we need more pairs for this to occur or at least same sets, instead of less?

From that last question it is obvious that your understanding of genetics is flawed. The salamander genome is larger than the human genome, every modern specie is just evolved as another.

Now you're bringing up conspiracy theories and telling me that Western science is lying to us as if science is monolithic in nature and isn't made up of different people from different countries in different fields. chemistry, geology, and biology all agree on the veracity of the evolutionary theory. But let's forget all that and claim that they are lying to us.

Genius.
Re: Evolution by Cooop: 3:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
CoolUsername:

From that last question it is obvious that your understanding of genetics is flawed. The salamander genome is larger than the human genome, every modern specie is just evolved as another.

Now you're bringing up conspiracy theories and telling me that Western science is lying to us as if science is monolithic in nature and isn't made up of different people from different countries in different fields. chemistry, geology, and biology all agree on the veracity of the evolutionary theory. But let's forget all that and claim that they are lying to us.

Genius.

It's funny how you have refused to tackle any of my initial arguments about the disconnect in anatomical characteristics between prehuman and modern humans. The little you did was pathetic, counterproductive(as you only just shot yourself in the foot) and indicative of your ignorance on the subject.

Every primate species has 48 chromosomes. All through their evolution they've had 48. Chimpanzees, our so-called closest relatives also have 48 chromosomes. Suddenly humans emerged with 46, which was as a result of the miraculous fusing of our 2nd and 3rd strands. Primates aren't Salamanders. The DNA of primates possess genetic information of primates - information that encode the characteristics primates exhibit. The point I made was that if every other primate had 48 chromosomes, and given the fact that humans evolved instant new set of phenotypic characteristics that would require an evolution of completely new DNA information, how is it that we evolved these set of new characteristics despite losing so much genetic information?

My argument isn't a conspiracy theory. It's just an obvious fact for anyone to see. If it's all just nonsense pseudoscience why haven't you been able to present any strong argument in refutation to my claim?
Re: Evolution by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 19, 2017
Here to learn
Re: Evolution by CoolUsername: 4:07pm On Sep 19, 2017
Cooop:

It's funny how you have refused to tackle any of my initial about the disconnect in anatomical characteristics between prehuman and modern humans. The little you did was pathetic, counterproductive(as you only just shot yourself in the foot) and indicative of your ignorance on the subject.

Every primate species has 48 chromosomes. All through their evolution they've had 48. Chimpanzees, our so-called closest relatives also have 48 chromosomes. Suddenly humans emerged with 46, which was as a result of the miraculous fusing of our 2nd and 3rd strands. Primates aren't Salamanders. The DNA of primates possess genetic information of primates - information that encode the characteristics primates exhibit. The point I made was that if every other primate had 48 chromosomes, and given the fact that humans evolved instant new set of phenotypic characteristics that would require an evolution of completely new DNA information, how is it that we evolved these set of new characteristics despite losing so much genetic information?

My argument isn't a conspiracy theory. It's just an obvious fact for anyone to see. If it's all just nonsense pseudoscience why haven't you been able to present any strong argument in refutation to my claim?

Fused are a random genetic anomaly. There are humans who live normal lives with fused chromosomes. To think that the number of chromosomes equates to the number of genetic characteristics is completely asinine. Rather than educate yourself you're accusing mainstream science of lying.

Re: Evolution by Cooop: 4:25pm On Sep 19, 2017
CoolUsername:

Fused are a random genetic anomaly. There are humans who live normal lives with fused chromosomes. To think that the number of chromosomes equates to the number of genetic characteristics is completely asinine. Rather than educate yourself you're accusing mainstream science of lying.

Could you please address the content of my main argument and stop trying so effortlessly to fail at straw manning. I could go down this rabbit hole of genetics and offer you some needed education, but I don't want, because I don't want to stray from the subject. If you don't have any cogent argument that erases the credibility of my main argument, then find someone else to quote.
Re: Evolution by CoolUsername: 4:34pm On Sep 19, 2017
Cooop:

Could you please address the content of my main argument and stop trying so effortlessly to fail at straw manning. I could go down this rabbit hole of genetics and offer you some needed education, but I don't want, because I don't want to stray from the subject. If you don't have any cogent argument that erases the credibility of my main argument, then find someone else to quote.

You're talking about how homo sapiens being 'different' from apes means that the prevailing theory of the evolution is wrong. I'm telling you that those differences also occur within our own species. You should address that.
Re: Evolution by Cooop: 5:57pm On Sep 19, 2017
Re: Evolution by hopefulLandlord: 6:15pm On Sep 19, 2017
how is evolution an "atheist" thing?
Re: Evolution by butterflylion: 6:18pm On Sep 19, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Debate! And find out grin
Re: Evolution by dalaman: 6:35pm On Sep 19, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I tire o.
Re: Evolution by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 19, 2017
All these crap n garble tales of evolution . There is one that keeps displaying his malaria symptoms here. wether na billynaire or billionaire grin he said the "anunakis" that were believed to have walked 400,000 years ago on earth created the human race. grin

I know yo lying but continue cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evolution by Niflheim(m): 8:22pm On Sep 19, 2017
@op,

1.There are Atheists who understand Evolution and Atheists who do not understand Evolution, but there are no atheists who "believe" in Evolution!!!

2.Creationists do not have arguments..........................they have stories from a book where a man used a catfish as a submarine for 72 hours!!!

3.So because someone has bones more robust than yours, then it means that they could not possibly share a common ancestor with you? So people who suffer from "osteoporosis"(extremely weak bones) and osteopetrosis(extremely strong bones) are aliens who fell from the sky? undecided undecided undecided

4.Primates can eat, drink and swallow without choking and you say that is evidence? The ostrich pees,poos and mates from the same orifice, many other birds do not, so this also means that an ostrich could not have shared a common ancestor with other modern day birds?

5.Spider monkeys have 4 fingers, other monkeys do not, so I guess this is evidence that the spider monkey is from the legendary PLANET OF THE APES? undecided undecided undecided

6.The Colobine monkeys have a 4 chambered stomach, other monkeys do not!!! Are you trying to say that the Colobine Monkey is a lost and secret member of the Fantastic Four?

1 Like

Re: Evolution by Niflheim(m): 8:29pm On Sep 19, 2017
@op,

7.This is where you killed yourself:.................................................. "the transition from prehumans to humans could only have taken place if the time gap was about a billion years or more"

Please, what is the meaning of this shit that you just wrote here!!! Citation is needed please!!!

Have you ever heard of a Fallacy known as the "FALLACY FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY"?!!! undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Evolution by Niflheim(m): 8:39pm On Sep 19, 2017
8.These are your words:.............................................."How did we evolve from a species from which we do not share a single bone with"

The final nail in your coffin!!!...................Not even a single bone? As in seriously? They had no feet bones? No skulls?

@op,

Do you know that there is evidence that spiders(8 legs) and flies(6 legs), share a common ancestor? The genes responsible for vein patterns in the wings of flies, can be found in spiders!!! How did they get there? Or did Spider man have gay sex with Supa Fly Jimmy Snuka?!!! undecided undecided undecided

Why do you creationists like doing this to yourselves nah?

1 Like

Re: Evolution by Ericsunday619: 11:36pm On Sep 19, 2017
Niflheim:
8.These are your words:.............................................."How did we evolve from a species from which we do not share a single bone with"

The final nail in your coffin!!!...................Not even a single bone? As in seriously? They had no feet bones? No skulls?

@op,

Do you know that there is evidence that spiders(8 legs) and flies(6 legs), share a common ancestor? The genes responsible for vein patterns in the wings of flies, can be found in spiders!!! How did they get there? Or did Spider man have gay sex with Supa Fly Jimmy Snuka?!!! undecided undecided undecided

Re: Evolution by Cooop: 7:01am On Sep 20, 2017
Niflheim:

@op,

Their bones aren't our bones. Theirs are denser, thicker and more robust. We don't even share one single bone that's the same nature as theirs. Stop being so confident about something you are ignorant of.

1 Like

Re: Evolution by Cooop: 7:06am On Sep 20, 2017
Niflheim:
@op,

1.There are Atheists who understand Evolution and Atheists who do not understand Evolution, but there are no atheists who "believe" in Evolution!!!

2.Creationists do not have arguments..........................they have stories from a book where a man used a catfish as a submarine for 72 hours!!!

3.So because someone has bones more robust than yours, then it means that they could not possibly share a common ancestor with you? So people who suffer from "osteoporosis"(extremely weak bones) and osteopetrosis(extremely strong bones) are aliens who fell from the sky? undecided undecided undecided

4.Primates can eat, drink and swallow without choking and you say that is evidence? The ostrich pees,poos and mates from the same orifice, many other birds do not, so this also means that an ostrich could not have shared a common ancestor with other modern day birds?

5.Spider monkeys have 4 fingers, other monkeys do not, so I guess this is evidence that the spider monkey is from the legendary PLANET OF THE APES? undecided undecided undecided

6.The Colobine monkeys have a 4 chambered stomach, other monkeys do not!!! Are you trying to say that the Colobine Monkey is a lost and secret member of the Fantastic Four?

Primates can eat, drink and swallow at the same time because their throats were designed for it. Homo sapiens "evolved" a completely different design of throat structure - one that enabled modulation within a very short space of time. For this kind of evolution to have occurred it would require a very long series of reconstruction and we would see a gradual change occur through the fossils of other prehumans. But we don't see this. What we see are overnight dramatic changes.

1 Like

Re: Evolution by HCpaul(m): 7:47am On Sep 20, 2017
Stop pushing things...... I stopped taking life serious when I read a book. The book affirm that the universe is made up of stories not atoms, created by ideas and not by any myths or deities.

These stories are of two major types:

1. Stories that touches

2. Stories that works.

Religions are stories that touches and that is why it targets human emotions and not their mind knowing that when humans are emotionally captured they cannot be mentally vibrant.

Science on the other hand are stories that works and that is why we are having all manner of scientific lyrics and philosophical tales yet these stories works. That is what Stephen Hawkins was referring to when he said that science will win because it works.

These stories has digressed from being one of those lenses and dimensions of reality but has become reality themselves.

Some months back, I thought that it was only God that is homocentric but I have gotten to realize now that humans are.

Religious people portrayed God in the image of mankind...... Scientists are also victims because they also portrayed intelligent aliens with this same image of mankind.

I am beginning to love religion but I hate and detest the bigots behind it. I dislike people that take religion to head. It's obvious that true religion are born out of ancient traditions and ideology but some ignorant minds of the twenty-first century still take religion to head. people with no significant impact want to live forever.

By the way

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evolution by CoolUsername: 9:13am On Sep 20, 2017
Cooop:

Primates can eat, drink and swallow at the same time because their throats were designed for it. Homo sapiens "evolved" a completely different design of throat structure - one that enabled modulation within a very short space of time. For this kind of evolution to have occurred it would require a very long series of reconstruction and we would see a gradual change occur through the fossils of other prehumans. But we don't see this. What we see are overnight dramatic changes.

How far na? Why did you run away?
Re: Evolution by Cooop: 4:16pm On Sep 20, 2017
HCpaul:
Stop pushing things...... I stopped taking life serious when I read a book. The book affirm that the universe is made up of stories not atoms, created by ideas and not by any myths or deities.

These stories are of two major types:

1. Stories that touches

2. Stories that works.

Religions are stories that touches and that is why it targets human emotions and not their mind knowing that when humans are emotionally captured they cannot be mentally vibrant.

Science on the other hand are stories that works and that is why we are having all manner of scientific lyrics and philosophical tales yet these stories works. That is what Stephen Hawkins was referring to when he said that science will win because it works.

These stories has digressed from being one of those lenses and dimensions of reality but has become reality themselves.

Some months back, I thought that it was only God that is homocentric but I have gotten to realize now that humans are.

Religious people portrayed God in the image of mankind...... Scientists are also victims because they also portrayed intelligent aliens with this same image of mankind.

I am beginning to love religion but I hate and detest the bigots behind it. I dislike people that take religion to head. It's obvious that true religion are born out of ancient traditions and ideology but some ignorant minds of the twenty-first century still take religion to head. people with no significant impact want to live forever.

By the way

I wonder what this comment has to do with this thread. I never said I was championing the creationist narrative.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Body Of Christ Is In Heaven, Not On Earth. *Update: Paul's Also Said This. / Raw Unrefined Honey / Twelve Complex Processes In Sexual Reproduction Debunk The Theory Of Evolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.