Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,241 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group (24997 Views)

South West Governors Rejects 10,800 Bags Of Rotten Rice Donated By FG As Covid-1 / Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. / Atiku, Osita Chidoka, Oyedepo, Kukah, Sheik Gumi Inside Atiku's Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by kikake: 2:13pm On Sep 19, 2017
The present set of SE governors are serving themselves and their families.

SE governors on eye service to Sokoto Caliophate were even the first to proscribe IPOB, an organisation of Igbos struggling for Biafra since Arewa has been using its undue political over-representation in Nigeria's political process to thwart every effort of Nigerians at political restructuring of Nigeria.
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by Plusstreet(m): 2:18pm On Sep 19, 2017
MrRationalBlog:
Frontline contender and candidate of the United Progressive Party (UPP) in the November 18, 2017 Anambra governorship election, Chief Osita Chidoka has slammed the governors of the south East states for what he termed failure of leadership in their handling of issues relating to the agitation by the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, in the region.
Chidoka, who spoke while fielding questions during a national radio interview monitored on Monday also rejected the military’s declaration of IPOB as a terrorist group, saying the military was not in the position to do so without passing through laid down legal and constitutional provisions.

The UPP governorship candidate carpeted the governors for going beyond their constitutional and legal limits to announce a proscription of IPOB, which, according to him, remains a futility under the law.
He said the governors failed in their mandate to adequately aggregate the views and interests of the people of the region to other parts of the country, a situation which created a vacuum leading to the escalation of agitations, and should have used the opportunity of the face-off to revert to the people and provide the much needed political leadership in the region.

According to Chidoka, “From a leadership perspective, it would be good on the part of the governors to do something to stem what was going on with the military, but in terms of the proscription of IPOB, the governors went beyond their mandate; they went beyond their legal capacity.

“All they needed to have done, if they were listening to the wishes and aspiration of the people of the southeast, was that, instead of calling for a meeting with Nnamdi Kanu, they should have conducted an opinion poll to find out what the issues were.
He said the question should have been, ‘What do you want us to tell the government that you feel Nnamdi Kanu is saying that we are not saying?’ “Then they should be able to seek audience with the President or the vice President and say ‘these are the issues’.”
“I believe that the failure of leadership on the part of the governors of the southeast became glaring to the whole country and their effort at announcing a proscription was beyond their legal limits. They should have used it as a basis to aggregate the views and channeling them appropriately”, he said.

Chidoka lamented that the military action occurred at the time the people of the southeast were already reviewing the modus of the agitation to ensure that it was not in negation of other ethnic groups in the country.

Faulting the military, Chidoka said it was not in a position to declare IPOB a terrorist organization, without following certain established legal actions.
“To declare an organization a terrorist organization requires certain legal action to be taken. Those legal actions were not taken. The military is not in the position to declare an organization a terrorist organization. So I think, fundamentally, the declaration was an act in futility.

“First and foremost, I think that government should follow the due process of the law to criminalize the activity of any group including IPOB if it violates the law of the country of Nigeria.

“Once they do that, then they will go to the next stage of getting the police to enforce that law. If in enforcing the law, the organization turns into an insurrection, then you can go back to the military. Anything short of that is unconstitutional and an action in futility”, he said.

Chidoka further called for auditing of the activities of the military saying such would help de-escalate the tension in the region.

“Now that this military action has happened, it is critical that we audit what happened. It is important that the claims of death and killings and no death and no killings need to be audited.

“That auditing mechanism that we have in the National Assembly, that ability to go back and look at what has transpired is important for us to deescalate the tension in the land.”

Chidoka, insisted that rule of law and dialogue, rather than force and subjugation of voices hold the answers to the agitations not only in the south east but among other groups in the country.

Source: http://RationalTV..in/2017/09/rationaltv-ipob-chidoka-slams-south.html
doing what their fulani masters told them against their people is not the issue but i will give up on igbos and know they deserve what they are getting once i see any sane igbo participating in anything like election henceforth.
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by tobiasbeecher: 2:27pm On Sep 19, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
After the declaration of proscription of IPOB by the court we shall see whether Osita will openly identify with them.

Where was he when IPOB was committing atrocities?
Mr man Can you just shut up for once in your life? Why are you always talking like a woman? God forbid!
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by Ugosample(m): 2:28pm On Sep 19, 2017
The IPOB touts brought this on themselves
After what they have done in recent times, I saw this coming
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by prettyboi1(m): 2:44pm On Sep 19, 2017
id911:
South east governors are timid, useless and are in fact imbeciles. Someone killed your brothers in cold blood and you couldn't say a word but turned around to blame your brothers

Anyway l'm not Igbo so d matter no concern me, I only pity d way they are badly treated.

May God bless Ayo Fayose

Cold blood? No innocent person was killed. The only people who probably died are the people who every well-meaning Nigerian pleaded with not to follow or associate with the terrorist leader,Nnamdi Kanu but they refused. I say this with all sense of fairness & without any form of bias, you can't terrorize an entire nation by issuing threats of disturbing the peace & of you planning to kill Nigerians & then turn around & cry that you're innocent. Was it innocent people that were attacking ordinary soldiers that were on patrol too? Come on, you guys should remove the log of bias from your eyes.
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by Yyeske(m): 3:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
This Chidoka guy has already killed any political ambition he has finally
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by robotix: 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2017
PentiumPro:
Osita Chidoka One of the political sponsors of Nnamdi Kanu
and what is your forking business with that? Didn't Tinubu sponsor the demon called president?

2 Likes

Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by PentiumPro(f): 3:20pm On Sep 19, 2017
robotix:
and what is your forking business with that? Didn't Tinubu sponsore the demon called president?

Replying your type is always beneath me.
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by visionex: 3:20pm On Sep 19, 2017
id911:
South east governors are timid, useless and are in fact imbeciles. Someone killed your brothers in cold blood and you couldn't say a word but turned around to blame your brothers

Anyway l'm not Igbo so d matter no concern me, I only pity d way they are badly treated.

May God bless Ayo Fayose
I be igbo my brother, u talk well jare
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by Organs(m): 3:22pm On Sep 19, 2017
Ninethmare:
Our eastern leaders know that this govt is to bias but they have sold their conscience for money at the expense of their people
After the killings in aba no single eastern governor condemned it
Its a shame
We have bad eastern leaders

How come all of them are all "bad"?? Its like a bad driver blaming everyone on the road. Buhari was called a devil, APC was called anti-christ just because corrupt GEJ promised your politicians money. Now Buhari is president and we cannot hear word, Kanu is being sponsored to cause chaos, he is calling for election cancellation, moving around disregarding set bail conditions, boasting and touting the police and military now you are crying that people were murdered in Aba? Go and join them naaa, seriously i blame Buhari and democrazy, if it were someone like Abacha that has no qualms or even OBJ, una for done smell una yansh wella and all you will do, is the same thing you did during the civil war, baost, sing songs and tell everyone how you are better than an average awusa man, declare war and lie, lie lie about how they are killing you because of your christianity, then call on chukwu okike abiama for help, loose out because God is God of truth, surrender and forever keep wailing about how they did not give you food and how you starved and how you were killed and massacred. Now you are continuing in the same footsteps, Buhari won an election, you are filled with hate, vile and making the country ungovernable just because he is Hausa muslim, you keep telling lies and lies and lies. Now Soldiers are coming and you are now blaming a govt that has been quiet all the while. Continue, God almighty that saw Buhari through the election despite your lies and propaganda will see him through your lies and hate because God is a God of truth and justice.
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 19, 2017
remember this man can say anything to gain popularity and support..
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by Halo22: 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
Well said Ike obosi ....This is the kind of men we need as Governors, not the likes of these bunch of effeminate men in the south east......Blood betrayers.
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 19, 2017
PentiumPro:
anybody that condemn Nigerian govt for their action is now sponsoring Ipod, go and die away

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by PentiumPro(f): 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2017
Zceesneh:
anybody that condemn Nigerian govt for their action is now sponsoring Ipod, go and die away

Tell that to your vegetative father. grin
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by robotix: 3:52pm On Sep 19, 2017
PentiumPro:

Replying your type is always beneath me.
Oponu, Ode, Oni ra nu oshi!
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by PentiumPro(f): 4:09pm On Sep 19, 2017
robotix:
Oponu, Ode, Oni ra nu oshi!

Go and deliver the same message to your father and mother. grin
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by Mozegee: 4:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
Brothers what ever u called all the south eastern governors,that is what they are.To me they are all cowards and useless.Killling an unarmed pple by the military led by govt of mohammed buhari none of the south east governors condemn it and the turn around to blame their pple.They are the most useless governors i hv ever seen.
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by Crossguy: 4:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
id911:

May God bless Ayo Fayose
ALL I HAVE FOR YOU IS

Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by robotix: 4:18pm On Sep 19, 2017
PentiumPro:

Go and deliver the same message to your father and mother. grin
no, I will deliver it to your hairy and slimy cvnt... old WITCH!

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:24pm On Sep 19, 2017
Organs:

How come all of them are all "bad"?? Its like a bad driver blaming everyone on the road. Buhari was called a devil, APC was called anti-christ just because corrupt GEJ promised your politicians money. Now Buhari is president and we cannot hear word, Kanu is being sponsored to cause chaos, he is calling for election cancellation, moving around disregarding set bail conditions, boasting and touting the police and military now you are crying that people were murdered in Aba? Go and join them naaa, seriously i blame Buhari and democrazy, if it were someone like Abacha that has no qualms or even OBJ, una for done smell una yansh wella and all you will do, is the same thing you did during the civil war, baost, sing songs and tell everyone how you are better than an average awusa man, declare war and lie, lie lie about how they are killing you because of your christianity, then call on chukwu okike abiama for help, loose out because God is God of truth, surrender and forever keep wailing about how they did not give you food and how you starved and how you were killed and massacred. Now you are continuing in the same footsteps, Buhari won an election, you are filled with hate, vile and making the country ungovernable just because he is Hausa muslim, you keep telling lies and lies and lies. Now Soldiers are coming and you are now blaming a govt that has been quiet all the while. Continue, God almighty that saw Buhari through the election despite your lies and propaganda will see him through your lies and hate because God is a God of truth and justice.
And sure here lying to save ur job of BMC?
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by eventsms(m): 4:26pm On Sep 19, 2017
FREE BULK SMS WEBSITE http://eventsms.com.ng
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by EazyMoh(m): 4:34pm On Sep 19, 2017
Flets:
When it comes to disintegration or restructuring of Nigeria, the position of Nigerian politicians are the same. They are totally averse to a change to the status quo because their earnings and livelihood will be threatened by any change to the status quo.

It does not matter if its APC or PDP or Igbo or Yoruba or Niger Delta, all politicians are averse to any change to the current sharing formula......Chidoka inclusive (he is only playing politics)

Any possible emancipation from the shackles of the looting stronghold lies solely in the hands of the masses
If you knew that why then dis you direct all your invectives towards Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba? Ignoring your political leaders.

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by PentiumPro(f): 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2017
robotix:
[s]no, I will deliver it to your hairy and slimy cvnt... old WITCH[/s]!

Your mother need your advice more than someone you don't know grin
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2017
PentiumPro:

Tell that to your vegetative father. grin
thats why i hate fat girls, all they do is eat out their senses, fat bitch
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by robotix: 4:46pm On Sep 19, 2017
PentiumPro:

Your mother need your advice more than someone you don't know grin
ah aunty, you are probably sucking on one of the APC rep's d!ck... B!TCH, GET A LIFE.

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by proudlyYoruba(m): 4:50pm On Sep 19, 2017
PentiumPro:
Kanu and an aspiring Anambra Governor and Kanu will boycott the election. I am confused
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by bakila: 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2017
The moment Chidoka will share the IPOD votes and their benefactor the PDP for the benefit of APGA has come. Up UPP.
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by pasol4real(m): 5:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
[quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=60616796]After the declaration of proscription of IPOB by the court we shall see whether Osita will openly identify with them.

Where was he when IPOB was committing atrocities? [/
quote]
Pls name the atrocities they committed.
This guy must be suffering from..........
Make i comment my reserve
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by pasol4real(m): 5:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
After the declaration of proscription of IPOB by the court we shall see whether Osita will openly identify with them.

Where was he when IPOB was committing atrocities?
Pls name the atrocities they committed ,
This guy must be suffering from...........
Let me comment my reserve
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 19, 2017
Chidoks your plan don fail, u are losing at the polls
Ven Yul Edochie will garner more votes than you at the end of the day
Genghis Khan said this
I wonder who will vote for some1 who is a friend to a terrorist and coward? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dino Melaye‘s Recall Constituents Claim Their Signatures Were Falsified - video / Prince Dayo Adeyeye Dumps PDP, Says He’s Being Wooed By Five Parties / Ganduje Abolishes Almajiri System In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.