Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,448 members, 7,770,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 02:59 AM

Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone (21725 Views)

Please How Do I Trace My Lost Android Phone? / How To Track Your Lost Android Phone / Best Third Party Application For Finding Your Lost Android Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 19, 2017
https://myaccount.google.com gives you quick access to settings and tools that let you safeguard your data, protect your privacy and decide how your information can make Google services work better for you. You will have to sign in the Google account in the phone or tablet you are looking for if you have not already done so.

Go to Find Your Phone
Whether you forgot where you left it or it was stolen, a few steps here may help you secure your phone or tablet.

Select a Phone or Tablet
Here you will find the name of the device and then try some simple steps, like showing the location or locking the screen, to help you secure it. For your security, you may need to sign in after selecting a device.

Ring
Make your phone ring at full volume, even if it’s muted. (I hope you have a phone with long lasting battery, like Gionee M6, Tecno L9plus etc.

Locate
You can also use Android Device Manager to find your phone’s location on a map.

Lock your phone
In the event the phone is lost, you can lock the phone with the option of displaying a number you can be reached with on the locked screen in a message as this: “This phone is lost. Please help give it back.”

Other options you have is to sign out your Google account from the phone remotely and also erase the phone entirely.

You can actually do all these by downloading the Find my device app from Google PlayStore on a friend’s phone.

Culled from bizwatchnigeria dot ng

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 19, 2017
Cc
Lalasticlala

Dragnet

Ishilove

Honsule

Seun
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by veekid(m): 4:42pm On Sep 19, 2017
No be this naija na hn this go work; once you careless with your phone troway am, just forget it

6 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by Alariwo2: 4:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
Nice tips but not valid in Nigeria..

I don't think you know the current population of Nigeria and the number of hoodlums willing to trade anything.

8 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by Segadem(m): 4:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
Ok
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by clems88(m): 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2017
Phone wey don lost don lost

8 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2017
I doubt if you can get it back
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by elog(m): 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2017
Lol

All these doesn't work when the android phone has been flashed. I tried all these when I lost my phone a year ago.

Best thing to do is start saving for a new one.

9 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2017
grin My Phone wer lost on Saturday na, this procedure no fit help. the best option is to take the missing Phone IMEI to Police for tracking.

2 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by money121(m): 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2017
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by Segadem(m): 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2017
Alariwo2:
Nice tips but not valid in Nigeria..

I don't think you know the current population of Nigeria and the number of hoodlums willing to trade anything.
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by Dayzzy(m): 4:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
shio!! be deceiving yursf...

4 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by Setpredict10: 4:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
okay
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by NaijaEfcc: 4:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
Lol
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by Alariwo2: 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2017
Segadem:

Prevention is better than cure.. prevent them from stealing your phone in the first place so you'll save yourself all the stress of retrieving it.

Shey you be butti? street lawa wa o

2 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by chukzyfcbb: 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2017
I have it activated on my phone.

with these command at my mercy. I will frustrate your life.

even if you format the phone. if you put a new sim card, I will be sent the phone number of the sim that just came into it.

This feature I have been using even from the days of symbian, netqin or so (Nokia e63)

3 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by Abbeysunday(m): 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2017
Very useful....God bless u OP
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by binsanni(m): 4:48pm On Sep 19, 2017
how i wish this steps go work
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by PRINCEHPXP(m): 4:48pm On Sep 19, 2017
nice info
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by akanji1: 4:49pm On Sep 19, 2017
That's great and I hope it will help for android and BlackBerry too.
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by abbaapple: 4:50pm On Sep 19, 2017
No use angry
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by Dhavido(m): 4:50pm On Sep 19, 2017
And they say iPhone is a waste of money.
That's a default app on all iPhone, you better go for iPhone if you have the resources to.

SHALOM!

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by Pavore9: 4:51pm On Sep 19, 2017
Nice one.
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by marooh: 4:51pm On Sep 19, 2017
Don't worry soon phone will be like wrapper
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by RapportNaija(m): 4:56pm On Sep 19, 2017
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by lalaboi(m): 4:58pm On Sep 19, 2017
All that wont work if your location services are not turned on and if the phone is switched off.

Also, in a country where everyone wants to preserve battery life, who go won turn on location that drains battery?

These days, they steal your phone, they switch it off and take it to computer village and its wiped off. Not much you can do

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by paolokonqueror(m): 5:00pm On Sep 19, 2017
Interesting!
Re: Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone by 9jajoseph: 5:04pm On Sep 19, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
I have it activated on my phone.

with these command at my mercy. I will frustrate your life.

even if you format the phone. if you put a new sim card, I will be sent the phone number of the sim that just came into it.

This feature I have been using even from the days of symbian, netqin or so (Nokia e63)
netqin anti-virus/mobile guard. It works bt once the phone is format, the netqin goes along with it

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Last Did You Switch Off Your Phone ? / TECNO Phantom 5 Review,features,specs And Price [PHOTO] / MTN Network Is Poor!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.