Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,555 members, 7,801,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded (13814 Views)

70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months / Dakwambo: I Never Lived In Government House As Governor Of Gombe For 8 Years / Ibrahim Tumsah Musa: The Most Corrupt Civil Servant, Richer Than 4 Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by nwakibie3(m): 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2017
A 35-year-old man, Abubakar Adamu, has been remanded in prison by the Chief Magistrate’s Court in Gombe for allegedly insulting the state governor, Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo and his mother.

The Civil servant with the State Ministry of Higher Education was sued by one Inuwa Dattijo, aka DJ Maitaya of the State Agency for Social Services, who alleged that the accused sent him an audio clip containing insults on the governor and his mother.

The police prosecutor, Inspector Habibu Danjuma, informed the court that when the accused was asked to name the purported sender of the message, he failed to give a satisfactory account of the said information.

Danjuma said ‘’The accused was charged with one-count charge of fabricating false evidence, an offense that contravened Section 156 of the Penal Code Law.’’

However, the court did not take the plea of the man.

After listening to Adamu, the presiding judge, Chief Magistrate Japhet Maida, ordered that the accused be remanded in prison custody.

The case has been adjourned to September 26th.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/09/19/civil-servant-remanded-insulting-gombe-governor-dankwambo/

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by christejames(m): 3:54pm On Sep 19, 2017
I love Dankwanbo for his giant strides and achievements here in Gombe, turning a lonely land in the savanna into a jewel...
But arresting someone just for vilification? is no from me. I know he is not aware of this though!

#OurnextPresident

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2017
"A 35-year-old man, Abubakar Adamu, has been remanded in prison by the Chief Magistrate’s Court in Gombe for allegedly insulting the state governor, Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo and his mother'

- Buhari's hardship sef embarassed lipsrsealed cry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by simplyhonest(m): 4:12pm On Sep 19, 2017
how will a "servant" insult his "oga"
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by Narldon: 5:07pm On Sep 19, 2017

NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION

Fundamental Human Rights

33. Right to life.

34 Right to dignity of human persons.

35 Right to personal liberty.

36. Right to fair hearing.

37 Right to private and family life.

38 Right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion

39. Right to freedom of expression and the press.

40 Right to peaceful assembly and association.

41 Right to freedom of movement.

42 Right to freedom from discrimination.

43 Right to acquire and own immovable property.

44 Compulsory acquisition of property.

45 Restriction on and derogation from fundamental human rights.

46 Special jurisdiction of High Court and Legal aid.

5 Likes

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by Nltaliban(m): 5:07pm On Sep 19, 2017
That governor is a pathological fool

Oh, I forgot this is a zoo and anything goes grin grin grin

christejames:

#OurnextPresident
undecided I am sure you've created your own country you want him to rule

Because, I don't even know who that man is embarassed embarassed

17 Likes

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by scottB(m): 5:07pm On Sep 19, 2017
Issssokey! No more fundamental human speech abi rights again abi?

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by Godjone(m): 5:07pm On Sep 19, 2017
Dankwanbo the best governor in Nigeria.

Some goats will start shouting "where is the freedom of information".

they forgot quickly that Dankwanbo is a fast learner. This is the tyranny the apc govt brought to the country.

Meanwhile, I just returned from a one year ban. The mod that did that, thunder miss road fire you ooooo

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by Integrityfarms(m): 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
Trump should have arrested many Americans.
Africans and poor leadership skills

8 Likes

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by emmpire: 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
Why should he insult constituted authority?
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by ifyboy60(m): 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
probably fake news

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by sotall(m): 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2017
OK
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by YelloweWest: 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2017
Na wa o. Freedom of speech is really a thing of the past in Nigeria. Since when did it becomes a crime to insult someone?

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by anyebedgreat: 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2017
It is unlawful to insult elders
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by Amosjaj(m): 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2017
I thought we have freedom of speech and insults. Check out how American are insulting Donald Trump anyhow, Nigeria make me speechless

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by bamite(m): 5:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
Igbos have taught this one how to insult his elders abi?

They should give him at least 20 lashes of correct koboko join sef angry
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by AnanseK(m): 5:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
scottB:
Issssokey! No more fundamental human speech abi rights again abi?

Do I have the right to insult you and your mum?
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by Olukeji: 5:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
Serves him right
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by Exponental(m): 5:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
I think "civil servant" needs to be changed. Maybe Politicians will respect them a little. I no pity dat guy, all they want is a scape goat. Freedomless of speech
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
Why his mother? That shows the civil servant don't have home training.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by tobtap: 5:12pm On Sep 19, 2017
tinpot dictators lipsrsealed
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 19, 2017
The governor should immediately order for the beheading of this miscreants.
We need serious bloodshed in that region.
Pls kill them my able governor
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by ubest1(m): 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2017
The worst hurricane in the history of man including hurricane Irma, Matthew, Don, Emila, Kate etc is Buhari first & 2nd coming always feeding us with lies without proves.
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by YelloweWest: 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2017
AnanseK:

Do I have the right to insult you?
Yes! U have the right to say what ever u like about anyone one!
If the person does not like it he will bring a CIVIL action for defamation!

Their is no criminal law against insult!

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by TheKingIsHere: 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2017
emmpire:
Why should he insult constituted authority?

Trump gets insulted every day, how many people have he arrested because of it? This is why black man sense is always backwards

4 Likes

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by scottB(m): 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2017
AnanseK:

Do I have the right to insult you?
You don't on a normal basis, but even if u decide to, what then is new about it? Must the media broadcast it? Must the whole world hear of a rather minor incident?
But the answer to your question remains an affirmative NO!

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by firstolalekan(m): 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2017
grin
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by emmpire: 5:14pm On Sep 19, 2017
Like your own.

TheKingIsHere:

Trump gets insulted every day, how many people have he arrested because of it? This is why black man sense is always backwards

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Students Demand Arrest Of Kemi Adeosun Over NYSC Certificate Forgery / Lawan Got Party Endorsement In 2015 And Still Lost Senate Presidency – Ndume / Sani Bello Calls For APC NEC Meeting, Moves To Reduce Convention Sub-Panels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.