Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,100 members, 7,807,303 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded (13822 Views)

70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months / Dakwambo: I Never Lived In Government House As Governor Of Gombe For 8 Years / Ibrahim Tumsah Musa: The Most Corrupt Civil Servant, Richer Than 4 Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by 1nigeriamyfoot: 5:14pm On Sep 19, 2017
my belle o grin grin grin
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by BornnAgainChild(f): 5:15pm On Sep 19, 2017
Nonsense!!!
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by Izonpikin: 5:15pm On Sep 19, 2017
all african leaders are dictators by nature.. angry angry angry
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by YelloweWest: 5:15pm On Sep 19, 2017
emmpire:
You dey mad. You smoke dry 5hit abi? Fool like you

Yes! That's your right!

You can insult anyone if u wish!

There is no law against it.

I can only sue for damages in I feel defamed.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by emmpire: 5:17pm On Sep 19, 2017
Hmm, good. I was only experimenting to see how you will react. I must say you kept. I applaud you for that. I didn't mean any of those insult.
Good one

YelloweWest:

Yes! That's your right!

You can insult anyone if u wish!

There is no law against it.

I can only sue for damages in I feel defamed.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by blaquemyc: 5:17pm On Sep 19, 2017
freedom after speech is not guaranteed
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by iboman(m): 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2017
It's wrong for the magistrate not to have taken a plea. It's human rights abuse. Besides, such a simple offence is bailable and the accused should have been granted bail...

Long time being away���
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by AnanseK(m): 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2017
scottB:

You don't on a normal basis, but even if u decide to, what then is new about it? Must the media broadcast it? Must the whole world hear of a rather minor incident?
But the answer to your question remains an affirmative NO!

You call it a minor incident but you clearly wouldn't like it to happen to you. I believe by prosecuting such offenders and broadcasting it other people will understand that insulting someone or someone's mother is not a good thing Sir.
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by asawanathegreat(m): 5:24pm On Sep 19, 2017
Judge not and u shall not judged. Make una fear God oo
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by fk001(m): 5:25pm On Sep 19, 2017
Godjone:
Dankwanbo the best governor in Nigeria.

Some goats will start shouting "where is the freedom of information".

they forgot quickly that Dankwanbo is a fast learner. This is the tyranny the apc govt brought to the country.

Meanwhile, I just returned from a one year ban. The mod that did that, thunder miss road fire you ooooo

1 whole year?

Is it by force.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by scottB(m): 5:33pm On Sep 19, 2017
AnanseK:

You call it a minor incident but you clearly wouldn't like it to happen to you. I believe by prosecuting such offenders and broadcasting it other people will understand that insulting someone or someone's mother is not a good thing Sir.
So what you are implying now is that, anyone that insults someone should be arrested and prosecuted because is now a federal offence to insult someone Bros, wake up, this is planet earth and Nigeria to be precise, so think again. Insults are more like a lifestyle here in Nigeria and just because one has the money and influence doesn't mean he/she has to exercise them always!
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by KAYD007(m): 5:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
YelloweWest:
Na wa o. Freedom of speech is really a thing of the past in Nigeria. Since when did it becomes a crime to insult someone?

So i have the right to exercise my freedom of expression by insulting you and your mother?

Can you state where in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria where it is stated that the governor or anyone else must/should accept insults....where in the Constitution the rights to insults is granted?

Freedom of expression does not mean the right to insult or defame someone else!

Do that and the relevant section of the LAW will be activated and use against you just as it has been done to the accused. end of story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by HMZi: 6:06pm On Sep 19, 2017
I feel dissapointed because the accused probably didnt have good representation......
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by Charles4075(m): 6:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
ubest1:
The worst hurricane in the history of man including hurricane Irma, Matthew, Don, Emila, Kate etc is Buhari first & 2nd coming always feeding us with lies without proves.
Be careful with your words bro. Not a warning, just a friendly advice.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by MistaBabz: 6:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
Idi Amin of Uganda once said "There is freedom of speech, but he won't guarantee been free after the speech"
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by Donpenny(m): 6:13pm On Sep 19, 2017
you can't exercise your your fundamental human right in the caliphate. never!!! you shall be incarcerated.
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by Kwunume: 6:13pm On Sep 19, 2017
when Jonathan was being insulted as president how many people where reminded in prison. power corrupt and absolute power corrupt absolutely.
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by zikter(m): 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
all these freedom of speech ambassadors here, does the freedom include insulting people? why don't people understand the very simple and basic things? we just muddle everything together and start writing senselessly. I am sure many of you will spill blood if someone insults you.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by ceejay80s(m): 7:18pm On Sep 19, 2017
YelloweWest:
Na wa o. Freedom of speech is really a thing of the past in Nigeria. Since when did it becomes a crime to insult someone?
I wonder o
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by AnanseK(m): 7:21pm On Sep 19, 2017
scottB:

So what you are implying now is that, anyone that insults someone should be arrested and prosecuted because is now a federal offence to insult someone Bros, wake up, this is planet earth and Nigeria to be precise, so think again. Insults are more like a lifestyle here in Nigeria and just because one has the money and influence doesn't mean he/she has to exercise them always!

You are encroaching on a citizens right. He has the right to seek legal action on the assault on his character and that of his mother, same right as you. You may choose not to exercise it. Whether he exercises the right always , I wouldn't know but you can tell us more since you seem to know.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by georginho10(m): 7:28pm On Sep 19, 2017
bamite:
Igbos have taught this one how to insult his elders abi?

They should give him at least 20 lashes of correct koboko join sef angry

like you are a saint... be the first to cast a stone on him if you never insulted GEJ
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by YelloweWest: 7:28pm On Sep 19, 2017
KAYD007:

So i have the right to exercise my freedom of expression by insulting you and your mother?

Can you state where in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria where it is stated that the governor or anyone else must/should accept insults....where in the Constitution the rights to insults is granted?

Freedom of expression does not mean the right to insult or defame someone else!

Do that and the relevant section of the LAW will be activated and use against you just as it has been done to the accused. end of story

Lol. Pls what is the relevant section of the law?

Don't centre here an assume what u know nothing about.
General anyone is allowed to say anything.
If the person affected does not like it, he has the right to bring up a CIVILsuit of defamation.

civil suit is not criminal! It only awards damages!
No one goes to jail!
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by bamite(m): 7:38pm On Sep 19, 2017
georginho10:

like you are a saint... be the first to cast a stone on him if you never insulted GEJ

Gej is an effectual buffoon says the economist not me
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by omoelerin1: 7:41pm On Sep 19, 2017
Narldon:

NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION

Fundamental Human Rights

33. Right to life.

34 Right to dignity of human persons.

35 Right to personal liberty.

36. Right to fair hearing.

37 Right to private and family life.

38 Right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion

39. Right to freedom of expression and the press.

40 Right to peaceful assembly and association.

41 Right to freedom of movement.

42 Right to freedom from discrimination.

43 Right to acquire and own immovable property.

44 Compulsory acquisition of property.

45 Restriction on and derogation from fundamental human rights.

46 Special jurisdiction of High Court and Legal aid.

Some people go just dey shouting fundamental human rights without even know the meaning. If you have a right, does it mean you infringe on other people's right? Lawyer.
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by omoelerin1: 7:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
scottB:
Issssokey! No more fundamental human speech abi rights again abi?
I want to believe you are an Igbo. It is them that are fun of shouting fundamental human rights.
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by omoelerin1: 7:51pm On Sep 19, 2017
YelloweWest:
It is a crime, if you don't know. Moreover, where can you find freedom of speech in the constitution?
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by omoelerin1: 7:54pm On Sep 19, 2017
Amosjaj:
I thought we have freedom of speech and insults. Check out how American are insulting Donald Trump anyhow, Nigeria make me speechless
If you have freedom, you can now use that freedom to enslave other?
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by omoelerin1: 7:57pm On Sep 19, 2017
YelloweWest:

Yes! U have the right to say what ever u like about anyone one!
If the person does not like it he will bring a CIVIL action for defamation!

Their is no criminal law against insult!
Please, draw my attention to the section of the constitution that says so.
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by YelloweWest: 7:59pm On Sep 19, 2017
omoelerin1:
It is a crime, if you don't know. Moreover, where can you find freedom of speech in the constitution?
Freedom of expression! It is even wider than freedom of speech. It means I can express my thoughts in anyway I wish!

If only one say something about me that is false and offensive, the option available to me are CIVIL SUITS! Not criminal!
Therefore it is not a crime! One can only sue for damages!
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by YelloweWest: 8:00pm On Sep 19, 2017
omoelerin1:
Please, draw my attention to the section of the constitution that says so.
I'm not your lawyer! Do ur own research or pay me to do it for u!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayemi To Get Certificate Of Return On Wednesday / Why Traditional Rulers Are Victimized By State Governors – Shehu Sani / Army Denies Closing Maiduguri-monguno Road (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.