Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,877 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded (13820 Views)

70-Year-Old Man Who Insulted President Buhari Jailed For 18 Months / Dakwambo: I Never Lived In Government House As Governor Of Gombe For 8 Years / Ibrahim Tumsah Musa: The Most Corrupt Civil Servant, Richer Than 4 Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by omoelerin1: 8:03pm On Sep 19, 2017
georginho10:

like you are a saint... be the first to cast a stone on him if you never insulted GEJ
I pray make you no die for GEJ
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by omoelerin1: 8:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
YelloweWest:

I'm not your lawyer! Do ur own research or pay me to do it for u!
But you were talking as if you have it on good authority. It means you don't know what you re saying. You had better keep quiet.
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by YelloweWest: 8:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
omoelerin1:
But you were talking as if you have it on good authority. It means you don't know what you re saying. You had better keep quiet.
Since I don't know what I'm saying and u do, show me the law that says insulting a person.is a crime.

I'm waiting!
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by menstrualpad: 8:21pm On Sep 19, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

Trump gets insulted every day, how many people have he arrested because of it? This is why black man sense is always backwards
Trump doesn't get insulted at all. His ideas are criticized. Separate the man from his ideas!
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by omoelerin1: 8:29pm On Sep 19, 2017
YelloweWest:

Freedom of expression! It is even wider than freedom of speech. It means I can express my thoughts in anyway I wish!

If only one say something about me that is false and offensive, the option available to me are CIVIL SUITS! Not criminal!
Therefore it is not a crime! One can only sue for damages!
It is a crime, my friend. Every freedom has a limit and condition. You cannot use your freedom to deny others their own freedom. You have a right to move freely without being molested, but there are movements you can make that may get you arrested by the security agents. Freedom of expression according to the constitution is your right to express yourself politically and religiously and to self determination and to express your opinion. This is where you can criticise and not to insult others. There is no where the constitution mention freedom of speech.
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by YelloweWest: 8:35pm On Sep 19, 2017
omoelerin1:
It is a crime, my friend. Every freedom has a limit and condition. You cannot use your freedom to deny others their own freedom. You have a right to move freely without being molested, but there are movements you can make that may get you arrested by the security agents. Freedom of expression according to the constitution is your right to express yourself politically and religiously and to self determination and to express your opinion. This is where you can criticise and not to insult others. There is no where the constitution mention freedom of speech.
It is also law that a person cannot the tried for a crime not known to law.
Pls tell me the law that states insulting someone is a crime.
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by Bigsteveg(m): 8:53pm On Sep 19, 2017
christejames:
I love Dankwanbo for his giant strides and achievements here in Gombe, turning a lonely land in the savanna into a jewel...
But arresting someone just for vilification? is no from me. I know he is not aware of this though!

#OurnextPresident
Even if the governor is aware, that's the right thing to do. You can't insult a sitting governor who signs your paycheck and his mother and go free. Its like insulting the MD of your company.
We abuse things a lot in this country.
In US, such citizen would take a stroll to state security services to cool off.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by Reference(m): 10:23pm On Sep 19, 2017
The guv taking a cue from the centre.
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by TheKingIsHere: 4:03pm On Sep 20, 2017
menstrualpad:

Trump doesn't get insulted at all. His ideas are criticized. Separate the man from his ideas!

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Trump is insulted almost every day. This image is Katlin Griffin holding a fake severed head of Trump.

Am sure if one Nigerian holds a fake head of Buhari or any of the politicians, we all know he won't be alive today.

Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by menstrualpad: 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Trump is insulted almost every day. This image is Katlin Griffin holding a fake severed head of Trump.

Am sure if one Nigerian holds a fake head of Buhari or any of the politicians, we all know he won't be alive today.
Ok
Re: Civil Servant Who Insulted Dankwambo, Governor Of Gombe & His Mother, Remanded by Officer101(m): 10:25pm On Sep 23, 2017
That is why I do pity those that will just start forwarding any message on Social Media without knowing the source, most especially WhatsApp.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Traditional Rulers Are Victimized By State Governors – Shehu Sani / How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? / Fayemi To Get Certificate Of Return On Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.