Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,754 members, 7,806,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Which Game Made Your Childhood? - Gaming (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Which Game Made Your Childhood? (19071 Views)

What Game Made You A Gamer? / Is The New Desk Task Game The Best 3D Game Made By A Nigerian? / Chroma: A New Android Game Made By Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by Thehustler: 8:33am On Sep 20, 2017
MK4 all the way
Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by akreest(m): 8:58am On Sep 20, 2017
All these Indomie Children Sef!!

No one has mentioned 'Koso' (both original and the one we made with Biro Cover and Battery Cap); playing football with bare feet in the rain, rolling each other inside a disused Car Tyre, rolling your bicycle wheel with stick (Janjara), etc.

Those used to be real outdoor fun not the boring indoor games I am reading from the lot of you.We invented our own Toys/games back then and we really enjoyed it.

Your generation has really missed out on all these goodies!!!!
Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 20, 2017
grin
akreest:

No one has mentioned 'Koso' (both original and the one we made with Biro Cover and Battery Cap); playing football with bare feet in the rain, rolling each other inside a disused Car Tyre, rolling your bicycle wheel with stick (Janjara), etc.

Those used to be real outdoor fun not the boring indoor games I am reading from the lot of you.We invented our own Toys/games back then and we really enjoyed it.

Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 20, 2017
Moorish:
Prince of persia was the first game i played (PC), i was pretty young then.. On my dad's laptop, a toshiba (black and white display lol)

I played mostly MS DOS games until i went to a family friend's house and I beheld a SNES- The game was Ghouls n ghosts.. I was in love

My father got me a Super nintendo, I had Fifa 94, then I got some other games like zelda.. ETC

I still gamed on the PC..

Then I got an N64

Now I have a ps4 and xbox one I hardly touch (Im 31)

Games gave me some great memories

This is a refreshing topic, thanks OP
dash me the xbox one bro, sow a seed into a brother's life cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by benswagtt(m): 9:20am On Sep 20, 2017
temmytopsy1:
Tank1990, car race and shooting birds with the follow come gun(but i dont know the name of the game )
Lolz! family con is the name...
Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by bigiyaro(m): 9:42am On Sep 20, 2017
i was baptized into gamin wit mk3. i still games till dis day. ps3 n 4.

1 Like

Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by Chinny5(f): 10:46am On Sep 20, 2017
Suwe
Papa and Mama
\playing rubber
sankolo
Bojuboju
Playing Whot
Touch and do
grin grin grin ;

I played too much sha, Chai! cheesy
Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by LadiIshola(m): 10:50am On Sep 20, 2017
sheddo619:
Sega
Games I enjoyed on Sega were,
Sunset riders
Sonic
International superstar Soccer
mortal combat
Contra
Person buy plenty cartridge sha

That sunset riders was the real deal then bro..... Very crazy game
Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by ajimega: 11:00am On Sep 20, 2017
who sabi swim water, i sabi swim water, show me how to swim water, vom vom vom vom is my number 1, pito pito is number 2, i call on number 3 is third place, mote motete is 4 & then name name name name last
Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by noob03saibot(m): 11:45am On Sep 20, 2017
ExInferis:

Never did.

3D was all new back then and navigating was a chore as much as i loved blasting ravenants.

I got better in Quake.

My best resident evil remains RE2, followed by REmake. Cant wait for the RE2 remake.

Best game console ever remains the SNES, then PS1, then PS2. Those were the days.

Remember the first time u saw donkey Kong country? Metal gear solid?

Prince of persia?

Remember syphon filter? Gran Turismo?

Man!!!

Noob Saibot

Boon Tobias backwards.

The names of the creators of mortal kombat.
Yeah! R.E 2 hands down. Mine was two cds. After completing the first disc you would be instructed to insert the 2nd one to know the true story. Loved leon's part more than Claire Redfields. Man that game kicks ass. 4 wasn't bad either, but it was too action oriented. Then metal gear solid, that was my bad boy, even till now. Solid and liquid snake, Gary fox"the robotic ninja" did you get to fight psycho mantis? Didn't play gran tourismo, don't feel car games like that. Syphon filter!!! Gabe logan. But best console being Snes, well, it's your opinion sha.
Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by vectoh(m): 12:16pm On Sep 20, 2017
Contra and battle city... Always there for the boys
Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by Milo30(m): 12:41pm On Sep 20, 2017
akreest:

I stopped riding car tire with sticks in JSS 3 grin. I played out door games too, but videogames top the chart.
Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by ExInferis(m): 1:53pm On Sep 20, 2017
noob03saibot:
Yeah! R.E 2 hands down. Mine was two cds. After completing the first disc you would be instructed to insert the 2nd one to know the true story. Loved leon's part more than Claire Redfields. Man that game kicks ass. 4 wasn't bad either, but it was too action oriented. Then metal gear solid, that was my bad boy, even till now. Solid and liquid snake, Gary fox"the robotic ninja" did you get to fight psycho mantis? Didn't play gran tourismo, don't feel car games like that. Syphon filter!!! Gabe logan. But best console being Snes, well, it's your opinion sha.

RE2 comes 2 CDs by default on PS. Funny wasn't really a fan of MGS but i liked the way u had to replug ur controller to fight psycho mantis. Remember sniper wolf? Then the shaman with the gatling gun (can't remember his name).

RE4. Beautiful but shattered all my zombie dreams. Wish there was a mod to replace ganados with zombies.

Also remember how Nemesis put the fear of god in u in RE3?

Remember when you had a snes and your pals have a SEGA and u all sneered at each other? But then u get together and play each other's consoles? My gawd the music and colors and speed...and the dedication with which we were absorbed..skipping food ans having to be forcefully yanked away from our TVs...trading game magazines (internet wasnt much a thing those days)...Sega Power, Sega XS, Nintendo Magazine, official PlayStation magazine....

Sigh....

I now play the uncharteds and Tomb Raiders not for fun, but to pretend im playing a movie.
Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by noob03saibot(m): 2:06pm On Sep 20, 2017
ExInferis:

RE2 comes 2 CDs by default on PS. Funny wasn't really a fan of MGS but i liked the way u had to replug ur controller to fight psycho mantis. Remember sniper wolf? Then the shaman with the gatling gun (can't remember his name).

RE4. Beautiful but shattered all my zombie dreams. Wish there was a mod to replace ganados with zombies.

Also remember how Nemesis put the fear of god in u in RE3?

Remember when you had a snes and your pals have a SEGA and u all sneered at each other? But then u get together and play each other's consoles? My gawd the music and colors and speed...and the dedication with which we were absorbed..skipping food ans having to be forcefully yanked away from our TVs...trading game magazines (internet wasnt much a thing those days)...Sega Power, Sega XS, Nintendo Magazine, official PlayStation magazine....

Sigh....

I now play the uncharteds and Tomb Raiders not for fun, but to pretend im playing a movie.

Abeg! Your head dey there. You are the very definition of a Gaming Legend. Saluted you for that psycho mantis controller part. And Nemesis, that guy was something else. Can't remember the feeling he gave me when I first encountered him in front of the police station when he killed Brad. Dude was terrifying. Wasn't really into the magazine things, didn't have access to them like that. And boy! The rivalry and fan boyism, "Snes is better than sega" "sega is better than snes" kids of then sha. How we settled that debate was easy, playing mortal kombat 3 on both consoles at the same time, but we could not actually get a clear winner in both.

1 Like

Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by enochogaga(m): 3:26pm On Sep 20, 2017
if I use noob to give down up, that all cos b4 u go reach ground, forward y,i dey ur under with upper cut, before u land, fireball dey ur body, before u stand up, up slide z, to kick u, before u stand up, down up to finish u
Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by officialfestus(m): 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2017
sheddo619:
Sega
Games I enjoyed on Sega were,
Sunset riders
Sonic
International superstar Soccer
mortal combat
Contra
Person buy plenty cartridge sha
mehn you really play game.....international super star soccer is more matured than that of ps1
Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by officialfestus(m): 5:04pm On Sep 20, 2017
qreem231:
No game like konami winning eleven!!! GOAL GOAL GOAL GOAL GOAL SHOOTOOOO!!!!
ps1.....fan spotted

1 Like

Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by officialfestus(m): 5:19pm On Sep 20, 2017
Sega games
4 in 1 cartridge
Rambo,Michael Jackson moon walker(play this one till my adaptor nearly catch fire),desert strike,battle tank

4 in 1
golden axe 2,street of rage,moon walker,hard driving

international super star soccer
Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by ExInferis(m): 7:21pm On Sep 20, 2017
noob03saibot:
Abeg! Your head dey there. You are the very definition of a Gaming Legend. Saluted you for that psycho mantis controller part. And Nemesis, that guy was something else. Can't remember the feeling he gave me when I first encountered him in front of the police station when he killed Brad. Dude was terrifying. Wasn't really into the magazine things, didn't have access to them like that. And boy! The rivalry and fan boyism, "Snes is better than sega" "sega is better than snes" kids of then sha. How we settled that debate was easy, playing mortal kombat 3 on both consoles at the same time, but we could not actually get a clear winner in both.

Snes IS better than MegaDrive/Genesis.

Fact of life.

Just like xbox 360 was better than ps3 (except for the whole uncharted and last of us things)

grin
Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by Wuminity(f): 8:22pm On Sep 20, 2017
Flashh:
Mortal combat and CTR. (PS1)

Then, when PS1 just came, before PS2.

CTR was my choice then, despite being a girl.... and PS1

I love Crash team race die, though I go to game house to play.... all my food money would be spent on the game, and betting to win on PS 1. lol... gone are those days. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by Flashh: 8:30pm On Sep 20, 2017
Wuminity:

CTR was my choice then, despite being a girl.... and PS1

I love Crash team race die, though I go to game house to play.... all my food money would be spent on the game, and betting to win on PS 1. lol... gone are those days. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Wow! Really? cheesygrin

I can see you were fervent over it then. cool
Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by Wuminity(f): 8:38pm On Sep 20, 2017
Flashh:
Wow! Really? cheesygrin
I can see you were fervent over it then. cool
yes o... that hutigar excites me alot then.
Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by Flashh: 8:41pm On Sep 20, 2017
Wuminity:

yes o... that hutigar excites me alot then.
Hope you know CTR was also created for PS2? But it doesn't trend like the PS1 version.
Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by Wuminity(f): 8:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
Flashh:
Hope you know CTR was also created for PS2? But it doesn't trend like the PS1 version.

Oh, I didn't.
Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by noob03saibot(m): 8:44am On Sep 21, 2017
ExInferis:

Snes IS better than MegaDrive/Genesis.

Fact of life.

Just like xbox 360 was better than ps3 (except for the whole uncharted and last of us things)
Dude I beg to differ, x360 better than ps3. Me I am a core playstation fanboy. I ll never support that. See the exclusives now: guns of the patriot, heavy rain, god of war 3 and of course the uncharted series. But snes sh!ts on mega drive all day every day. Especially the graphics, the mk3 graphics on snes is something else. I remember the first time I saw it, I was stunned.
grin
Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by ExInferis(m): 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2017
[quote author=noob03saibot post=60676512][/quote]

Xbox 360 has far more exclusives than ps3. All ps3 really has that's worthy of name are the uncharteds and TLoU, which by themselves are worth the price of admission.

GoW3 is a rehash of all GoWs. X360 has Halo (3, ODST, Reach), Gears of War (the other GoW lols), Dead Rising, Bulletstorm, lost odyssey, forza horizon, etc.

X360 was easier to develop for, has the better controller....but fuctup bad on kinect and external hdd.

Ps3 was more powerful, but a bitch to develop for if you don't know anyone in SCE (no thanks, Cell processor!). And more expensive.

Don't get me wrong they're both good consoles and i owned both. But believe me i had a bigger library and more fun with the x360.

And i had one Red Ring of Death in 3 consoles i eventually owned, and one dead power brick.

Ps3, nope. Never had a technical issue.

1 Like

Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by noob03saibot(m): 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2017
ExInferis:

Xbox 360 has far more exclusives than ps3. All ps3 really has that's worthy of name are the uncharteds and TLoU, which by themselves are worth the price of admission.

GoW3 is a rehash of all GoWs. X360 has Halo (3, ODST, Reach), Gears of War (the other GoW lols), Dead Rising, Bulletstorm, lost odyssey, forza horizon, etc.

X360 was easier to develop for, has the better controller....but fuctup bad on kinect and external hdd.

Ps3 was more powerful, but a bitch to develop for if you don't know anyone in SCE (no thanks, Cell processor!). And more expensive.

Don't get me wrong they're both good consoles and i owned both. But believe me i had a bigger library and more fun with the x360.

And i had one Red Ring of Death in 3 consoles i eventually owned, and one dead power brick.

Ps3, nope. Never had a technical issue.
x360 has more exclusives than ps3? Hmmmm! I am not really into xbox, but am wondering the exclusives they own other than halo gears of war and forza. And bullet storm was also released on ps3 I think, though I never played it. But I remember a friend of mine bringing it over with his console. Yeah ps3 was too expensive and wasn't friendly to developers. But man! I ll still go with ps3. Graphics and power, that sh!t is a beast. Common have u seen re5 on both consoles? 7up. And I noticed that x360 didn't use blue ray discs, instead it pitched it's tent with dvd, hence limited space. Like I said, I am a fan boy of playstation, so I would be kinda biased. Every site I read about this ps3 and x360 rivalry, they always say the ps3 flopped compared to x360. Well, I have never owned an xbox, and played 360 sometimes, but from what I have played and seen, guy! Am going with Sony o. And if I want to sink my teeth into 360, can you list 5 games I should try that would wow me. I would definitely give me a try cause I breathe for games
Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by ExInferis(m): 10:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
noob03saibot:
x360 has more exclusives than ps3? Hmmmm! I am not really into xbox, but am wondering the exclusives they own other than halo gears of war and forza. And bullet storm was also released on ps3 I think, though I never played it. But I remember a friend of mine bringing it over with his console. Yeah ps3 was too expensive and wasn't friendly to developers. But man! I ll still go with ps3. Graphics and power, that sh!t is a beast. Common have u seen re5 on both consoles? 7up. And I noticed that x360 didn't use blue ray discs, instead it pitched it's tent with dvd, hence limited space. Like I said, I am a fan boy of playstation, so I would be kinda biased. Every site I read about this ps3 and x360 rivalry, they always say the ps3 flopped compared to x360. Well, I have never owned an xbox, and played 360 sometimes, but from what I have played and seen, guy! Am going with Sony o. And if I want to sink my teeth into 360, can you list 5 games I should try that would wow me. I would definitely give me a try cause I breathe for games

You're absolutely right BS was released on ps3, my bad. I think it was a timed exclusive or something...can't really remember.

1. Gears of War 2
2. Halo Reach
3. Dead Rising
4. Fable
5. Crackdown

1 Like

Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by noob03saibot(m): 4:14am On Sep 22, 2017
ExInferis:

You're absolutely right BS was released on ps3, my bad. I think it was a timed exclusive or something...can't really remember.

1. Gears of War 2
2. Halo Reach
3. Dead Rising
4. Fable
5. Crackdown
No probs man. It's all good in the hood. Ll definitely look up this titles when I have access to an x360

1 Like

Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by IAmSkinny: 8:51pm On Sep 22, 2017
LorDBolton:
Yet to see anyone here mention "drivers" or tekken? Or siphon filter
I still play syphon filter up till date on my android phone. That game is bae.
Re: Which Game Made Your Childhood? by Nobody: 12:55am On Oct 25, 2017
MherihGold:
Chai Super Mario and Contra ooooo Played both games with my sisters The games were up to 300,came with our old VCD I've forgotten d names of the other games
Lovely. Pretty. Beautiful you are! keep it up!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kratos Vs The Hulk,,,let See If Almighty Kratos...even Stand A Chance / 7 Video Games Where You Play As The Bad Guy / GTA V Is The Highest Selling Piece Of Entertainment In History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.