Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City (27924 Views)

Lagos City: Oregun, Alausa And Agidingbi In Pictures (video) / Lagos City: Allen Avenue And Opebi In Pictures (Video) / Lagos City: What Adeniyi Jones Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by Emytea(m): 9:22pm On Sep 19, 2017
tayo60:
Pls, who is Lagos?
Lagos is grand father surname
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by skylane: 9:22pm On Sep 19, 2017
beautiful232:
I love Lagos too because there are lots of opportunities here.

tho kinda stressful.but I love it
I love lagos too,
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by skylane: 9:23pm On Sep 19, 2017
beautiful232:

I love lagos too,what part of lagos you love the most
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by beautiful232(f): 9:27pm On Sep 19, 2017
skylane:
I love lagos too,what part of lagos you love the most

all part of Lagos,cause whatever you do,you will always make it.

but I'm on the island
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by crunchyg: 9:29pm On Sep 19, 2017
Narldon:

That was how One Guy sitting beside me in BRT at Oshodi

said his phone was missing

Begged me to help flash his number..

Phone rang right inside his Pocket shocked

It took me three days to realize he just collected my number without Stress angry

Abeg stop this lie na
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 19, 2017
I love Lagos and the fact that to see the real lagos one has to go on foot and mingle with the people of lagos

Truly one of the best cities to live in that has good governance
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by Holuwahyomzzy: 9:34pm On Sep 19, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 19, 2017
hahn:

I totally agree.

I was born and raised in Lagos too but after I got married we moved to Ogun state. Here is so quiet and things are cheap plus everyone is less frustrated.

Whenever we go to Lagos we always laugh at how everyone there seems depressed and ready to lash out for no reason.

Also, it is easier to live modestly here and save more.

I do intend on moving back to Lagos soon but when we do it will have to be to a quiet neighborhood like an estate and we will have to buy the house or apartment. Since I work from home it will be easier to cope
exactly, I save more here cos food is cheap here compared to Lagos. I love Lagos tho, I just wanna own properties there but won't wanna live there anymore, I'm enjoying the stress free life here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by Fembleez1(m): 9:39pm On Sep 19, 2017
No too advertise us abeg.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by Queenserah26(f): 9:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
I concur.
A lot of opportunities but the stress nko... No be here
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by Coldfeets: 9:49pm On Sep 19, 2017
Lagos?

Tufiakwa!!!

Abeg count me out!!! sad

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by hahn(m): 9:50pm On Sep 19, 2017
desquad:
exactly, I save more here cos food is cheap here compared to Lagos. I love Lagos tho, I just wanna own properties there but won't wanna live there anymore, I'm enjoying the stress free life here

Same thing my wife says

But I miss pizza tongue
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by hartson(m): 9:51pm On Sep 19, 2017
Queenserah26:
I concur.
A lot of opportunities but the stress nko... No be here
lucky you.you are robust with the stress.the stress is caused by over population,over stretched amenities.lagos where people work 24 hrs with out rest cos they are chasing excellence. Na them sabi shocked

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by Tayosteve(m): 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2017
beautiful232:

wink
beautiful232:

hey sweet
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by PunditAfrica(m): 10:33pm On Sep 19, 2017
Narldon:

It took me three days to realize he just collected my number without Stress angry

Sharp guy, smart city
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by PunditAfrica(m): 10:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
Just anything u doing,, Lagos has a market for you.. The potential in Lagos is so enormous. Her spirit and culture wl make u forget ur state of origin... Everything is headquartered here!

I love Lagos lyk OMG!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by michony505(m): 12:01am On Sep 20, 2017
tayo60:
Pls, who is Lagos?
can I help u
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by michony505(m): 12:03am On Sep 20, 2017
dumie:
To live in lagos, you gat to have Lagos sense!
My sis na true o u no fit come here con dey dull!
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by Danladi7: 12:16am On Sep 20, 2017
I hate lagos because its a yoruba land.
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by Nobody: 1:21am On Sep 20, 2017
desquad:
Well I left Lagos for Kano and has never for once regretted it, I was born and brought up in Lagos and has the eko Spirit, but starting a new life as a graduate in Lagos is very difficult combined with the stress. While here in Kano I make more money wink, good roads no traffic( with traffic lights in all major roads, Serene and quiet environment (nomansland). No dirt's and littering the streets like Lagos.

If you're not stinky rich and wanna live a long , quiet, happy and comfortable life then Lagos is not for you sad

true, I served in Kano and I can never forget that state. Having lived all my life in Lagos, Schooled also in Lag, Kano was an eye opener to how life ought to be. the Serenity and Tranquility I enjoyed. the state is very much developed to an extent. they have various hangout spots and also a large variety of people.

honestly if you have never gone out of Lagos, you will think Lagos is the best place to be. I used to think so. when I got back from Kano, I realized the the average Lagosian is frustrated, depresed and suffering. the roads are nothing to write home about compared to where I was coming from, noise everywhere even if you stay in an estate, church and mosque will stil distrub. In kano, I don't hear prayer noise.
is it electricity? cost of living?
I have worked on mainland and Island, been to Ajah, Ikd and I can say Lagos is over hyped esp when the govt has decided to just develop one section of the whole city (Island)

Nah. ..Lagos is one big Slum

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by Nobody: 4:40am On Sep 20, 2017
desquad:
Well I left Lagos for Kano and has never for once regretted it, I was born and brought up in Lagos and has the eko Spirit, but starting a new life as a graduate in Lagos is very difficult combined with the stress. While here in Kano I make more money wink, good roads no traffic( with traffic lights in all major roads, Serene and quiet environment (nomansland). No dirt's and littering the streets like Lagos.

If you're not stinky rich and wanna live a long , quiet, happy and comfortable life then Lagos is not for you sad

Open a thread about Kano, it seems like a nice place to live. Although Lagos these days is good but I'm thinking that Kano is a hidden treasure
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by Nobody: 4:45am On Sep 20, 2017
thebee001:

true, I served in Kano and I can never forget that state. Having lived all my life in Lagos, Schooled also in Lag, Kano was an eye opener to how life ought to be. the Serenity and Tranquility I enjoyed. the state is very much developed to an extent. they have various hangout spots and also a large variety of people.

honestly if you have never gone out of Lagos, you will think Lagos is the best place to be. I used to think so. when I got back from Kano, I realized the the average Lagosian is frustrated, depresed and suffering. the roads are nothing to write home about compared to where I was coming from, noise everywhere even if you stay in an estate, church and mosque will stil distrub. In kano, I don't hear prayer noise.
is it electricity? cost of living?
I have worked on mainland and Island, been to Ajah, Ikd and I can say Lagos is over hyped esp when the govt has decided to just develop one section of the whole city (Island)

Nah. ..Lagos is one big Slum

Development is going on in the mainland areas too. From your write-up it is obvious that you haven't been here in a while, Lagos is not a big slum, that's a BIG lie.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by lonelydora: 5:07am On Sep 20, 2017
Chidexter:
Abeg who get spare canoe? undecided

Lekki, Benue, or PH? Your location?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by Nobody: 6:31am On Sep 20, 2017
Narldon:

Where do you reside in lag
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by claremont(m): 6:51am On Sep 20, 2017
If you are a middle-income worker, Lagos is one of those places that will shorten your life expectancy. I lived there for 3 years, and the stress took its toll on my sanity. I lived in the mainland and worked on the Island, I normally leave my flat to drive down to the Island before 6am, but it still takes me till 9.30am before I start work. At the close of the day, the traffic on third mainland bridge is horrendous. On the average, I was wasting 6 hours daily on traffic alone. The government needs to do something about the transport infrastructure in Lagos, most people will be happy to use public transport if it was efficient, clean, reliable and of a decent standard.
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by jayAjoku(m): 6:57am On Sep 20, 2017
I've never been to Lagos before somebody please invite me na
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by skylane: 8:21am On Sep 20, 2017
beautiful232:

all part of Lagos,cause whatever you do,you will always make it.

but I'm on the island
wow really,while was in lagos,was growing up and schooling,so hustling wasn't in me-agenda,was on the island too,aswell as me school,so what do you really think moves on the Island?
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by olaboy1: 8:41am On Sep 20, 2017
claremont:
If you are a middle-income worker, Lagos is one of those places that will shorten your life expectancy. I lived there for 3 years, and the stress took its toll on my sanity. I lived in the mainland and worked on the Island, I normally leave my flat to drive down to the Island before 6am, but it still takes me till 9.30am before I start work. At the close of the day, the traffic on third mainland bridge is horrendous. On the average, I was wasting 6 hours daily on traffic alone. The government needs to do something about the transport infrastructure in Lagos, most people will be happy to use public transport if it was efficient, clean, reliable and of a decent standard.

I would recommend Stockholm's transport infrastructure for Lagos. I lived in festac and worked on the island also and it was tough with traffic congestion taking about 5-6hrs of your day.

With my analysis of Stockholm's transport network, it takes an average of 30 mins with the train from any part outside the city to the central Stockholm business district. So we are looking at around 25-35mins by train from festac to Ikoyi and other locations like ikorodu, egebda, igando, ojodu etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjzTLfyVuDk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBw9b9dV2Bo
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by beautiful232(f): 10:14am On Sep 20, 2017
skylane:
wow really,while was in lagos,was growing up and schooling,so hustling wasn't in me-agenda,was on the island too,aswell as me school,so what do you really think moves on the Island?

for me I work..

but any business you want to go into

like cloths,shoes, fast_food..make-up gele,beads,wig..just name them....alot
Re: 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City by beautiful232(f): 10:15am On Sep 20, 2017
Tayosteve:
wink hey sweet

hey there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Alagbole-Yokoyo Flyover Is Near Completion (PHOTOS) / Allen Onyema And Air Peace Should Learn Excellence From The Bull - Reno Omokri / Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.