Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Don't Misrepresent Ogun State On Tax Returns, Amosun Admonishes Fg's Tax Bodies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Misrepresent Ogun State On Tax Returns, Amosun Admonishes Fg's Tax Bodies (566 Views)

Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus / “Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths / CCT Chairman Threatens Journalists Who Misrepresent Onnoghen’s Trial With 28yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Misrepresent Ogun State On Tax Returns, Amosun Admonishes Fg's Tax Bodies by myideas1: 10:14pm On Sep 19, 2017
Posted By Wole Elegbede

BUSINESSECONOMY

Amosun Disagrees With Federal Ministry Of Finance, NBS, FIRS On VAT Contributions 

The Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, has described data presented by the Federal Ministry of Finance, National Bureau of Statistics and the Federal Inland Revenue Service as regards the contributions of the state to the Value Added Tax as a misrepresentation.

Amosun said the claim that Lagos State contributes more than Ogun State cannot be true as Ogun State has the highest number of industries in the country.

The governor, who was speaking during a facility tour of an indigenous armoured vehicles manufacturing company, situated in Ode-Remo area of the state, faulted the presentation by the agencies that out of 916 high net worth individuals paying tax to the federal purse, only two are from Ogun State.

“Not less than 27 high net worth individuals in the state pay at least N20 million monthly as tax to the federal purse,” he said, urging the agencies to cross check their data.

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/amosun-disagrees-with-federal-ministry-of-finance-nbs-firs-on-vat-contributions/

Re: Don't Misrepresent Ogun State On Tax Returns, Amosun Admonishes Fg's Tax Bodies by GboyegaD(m): 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2017
Amosun said the claim that Lagos State contributes more than Ogun State cannot be true as Ogun State has the highest number of industries in the country.
This basis of his argument is very very weak. He should present facts and not some lafun and gbegiri talk.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Misrepresent Ogun State On Tax Returns, Amosun Admonishes Fg's Tax Bodies by myideas1: 10:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
GboyegaD, what statistics have you got to contradict Amosun's claim. If you say his thesis is weak, what statistics have you shown to contradict him. You can not make a blanket statement. The onus is no you to prove him wrong, whereas the governor revealed an undisputable fact that Ogun state is the industrial hub of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Misrepresent Ogun State On Tax Returns, Amosun Admonishes Fg's Tax Bodies by GboyegaD(m): 10:55pm On Sep 19, 2017
myideas1:
GboyegaD, what statistics have you got to contradict Amosun's claim. If you say his thesis is weak, what statistics have you shown to contradict him. You can not make a blanket statement. The onus is no you to prove him wrong, whereas the governor revealed an undisputable fact that Ogun state is the industrial hub of Nigeria.

All I have said is he should prove his statement that the various bodies have provided wrong statistics by showing us proofs. At the moment, I am only asking for evidence for his claim and nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Don't Misrepresent Ogun State On Tax Returns, Amosun Admonishes Fg's Tax Bodies by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 19, 2017
Can you see them they always wanting to create confusion instead of uniting to achieve one common goal. Nonesense Yoruba people. I am Yoruba
Re: Don't Misrepresent Ogun State On Tax Returns, Amosun Admonishes Fg's Tax Bodies by lollarj(f): 11:02pm On Sep 19, 2017
greedy clueless apc.
Re: Don't Misrepresent Ogun State On Tax Returns, Amosun Admonishes Fg's Tax Bodies by neahyo(m): 11:02pm On Sep 19, 2017
As a statistician, I would say his argument is very weak. In fact, all he has said is an "hypothesis " since he has no data or proof to back it up.

Besides, "Statistics don't lie, Humans do... "

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Misrepresent Ogun State On Tax Returns, Amosun Admonishes Fg's Tax Bodies by ashjay001(m): 12:21am On Sep 20, 2017
ydass:
Can you see them they always wanting to create confusion instead of uniting to achieve one common goal. Nonesense Yoruba people. I am Yoruba

Probably a bastard yoruba.

A true yoruba boy doesnt insult his elders. He finds a diplomatic way of passing his message!

Speech is still free in naija!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Misrepresent Ogun State On Tax Returns, Amosun Admonishes Fg's Tax Bodies by Nobody: 12:29am On Sep 20, 2017
ashjay001:

Probably a bastard yoruba.

A true yoruba boy doesnt insult his elders. He finds a diplomatic way of passing his message!

Speech is still free in naija!

Iyen emi ni iwo npe ni bastard awon baba e o tobe. Iwo omo awusa lasan! I will continue to say that Yoruba should learn how to support each other in other to achieve one common goal we are more divided than united. Betrayer is our hallmark. Fvck you for insulting me
Re: Don't Misrepresent Ogun State On Tax Returns, Amosun Admonishes Fg's Tax Bodies by RomeSankara: 12:43am On Sep 20, 2017
Do any of these people even know what VAT is and who contributes more ? Funny
Re: Don't Misrepresent Ogun State On Tax Returns, Amosun Admonishes Fg's Tax Bodies by ashjay001(m): 9:26am On Sep 20, 2017
ydass:

Iyen emi ni iwo npe ni bastard awon baba e o tobe. Iwo omo awusa lasan! I will continue to say that Yoruba should learn how to support each other in other to achieve one common goal we are more divided than united. Betrayer is our hallmark. Fvck you for insulting me

Seriously, with ur reasoning abilities, i'm sure u're ipob!

First u insult yorubas, then u're pissed when u get insulted?!

We cant all sleep n all of us will align. There will always be diversity, n if u cant see that, then u dont get what being yoruba means.

Omoluabi, agreeing to disagree, without rancour.

Bleep u, too!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Misrepresent Ogun State On Tax Returns, Amosun Admonishes Fg's Tax Bodies by Danladi7: 8:46am On Sep 21, 2017
ydass:

(1) (Reply)

My Advice To Ibos / Naija Newspapers: Today's The Punch Newspaper Headlines [26 September, 2017]. / Lawyers Ask Court To Order Buratai To Produce Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.