Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

My Worry About The Level Of Decay In The Education System In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Worry About The Level Of Decay In The Education System In Nigeria (326 Views)

My Worry On The Ongoing ASUU Strike By Deputy Vice Chancellor, UI / Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World / Decay In Public Schools In Akwa Ibom (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Worry About The Level Of Decay In The Education System In Nigeria by GERARD77: 10:59pm On Sep 19, 2017
I am a graduate of a Nigerian university and am proud to say ,I don't feel inferior to any classmate who got his higher education abroad.
Confidently I have engaged them in discussions ,brainstormed with them and am bold to say ,especially those who schooled in Ghana are not better in any way.But,that brings me to my worry!
buildings,laboratories,The same old lecture note and textbook(handout) ,probably just reprinted on new back covers.No reviews ,20 years ago before I got admission they thought with same modules ,10years after I graduated they are using same modules.
20years from now ,it will be the same ancient modules.
WHY??
This is because the authorities are not asking questions.
WHY ARE THEY NOT ASKING QUESTIONS?
Their wards have all been shipped away abroad to school.this is why the education system in Nigeria will continue to decay.A lecturer is teaching you reluctantly and extorting you,check him up! He has four kids your age and they are all abroad.
Not just him,The Vice chancellor who does not bother about dilapidated infrastructures in school has shipped all his kids abroad.
Not just him,The Directors in various MDA's including those in Education all have their kids abroad.
Not just them,The Minister of Education has five kids and they all school abroad.
The Governors are not left out,most recently sitting presidents of both executive arm of government and the legislative are not ashamed to show off their kids graduating abroad.
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE QUICKLY SUM UP 5years of tuition abroad by these persons and tell me if they donate it into the Nigerian education system and get applauded that the education system will not be revamped.
Build lecture halls , give grants for research,donate equipment, give scholarships etc
PLEASE SOMEONE SHOULD BORROW OUR BIG MEN IDEAS!!
So they can stop throwing money away abroad!!!
They sit on their executive seats, interview Nigerian graduates and call them half baked.
The question is; what did you give in expectation of a better end result.
Secondly, You sent your kids abroad most times with looted funds , to the best universities to come back to Nigeria and become Managing Directors over this half baked uncivilized thugs(in their own terms) .what output will they give them?
This is why you see companies spend more time again retraining the best of Nigeria graduates.*please take note: " I said the Best......".
What happens to the rest.please remember fellow Nigerians in a class of 300 - 400 students.The best are not up to a one hundred.
What happens to the rest who also want to succeed ?.......Did some just say crime,fast lane,fraud etc
#Our Elders Please Be Sincere
Re: My Worry About The Level Of Decay In The Education System In Nigeria by ITbomb(m): 12:52am On Sep 20, 2017
Let me ask you
Is education the basis for sharing allocation?
If no, then forget about education until this country is restructured

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Help Needed Please / 2017/2018 Funai Post Utme Screening Test Result Is Out / Anticipating - Next Volume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.