Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. (25688 Views)

Who Dey Play Chess For Chess.com? / Nairaland Chess Players (Play a Nairalander) / Thread For Scrabble And Chess Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 11:48am On Nov 08, 2017
Rick9:

Chess is just too wide

Yes, Olympic rules changes

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 12:01pm On Nov 08, 2017
vivie01:

Think I still have a lot to learn and a long way to go oh. Can you explain these moves briefly please?

En Passant is simply when you make a capture after a pawn is moved two squares forward from its starting position.

So for example, when you move a pawn as White from e2 to e4 and you pass a black pawn sitting at d4 then Black can capture your e-pawn en passant because you passed it.

The opposing pawn can capture it the same way, as if it had only moved one square forward. After it is captured, the chess position is the same as if the pawn had only moved one square forward.

This chess rule applies only, if the pawn has not moved before during the game and is still sitting on its original square.

See pic

White pawn moves 2 square forward and black move to the black square diagonally and picks up the white pawn that moves 2 squares

2 Likes

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 12:12pm On Nov 08, 2017
Rick9:

The game can be very frustrating, you would be happy that you have a move to kill your opponent , only to commit a blunder.

When playing always start your attack with the lowest piece in terms of points,

Pawn = 1 point
Knight and bishop = 3 points
Rook = 5 points
Queen = 8 points
King = 9 points,

So what i mean is start attacking with the ones with 3 points,

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 12:17pm On Nov 08, 2017
Collinz2:
Very nice game, i bought chess during may and only one of my friend play it, no one want to play, sometimes after teaching them they loose interest.

Not everyone likes to stress their brain. Most expecially lazy ones
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 12:29pm On Nov 08, 2017
vivie01:

Think I still have a lot to learn and a long way to go oh. Can you explain these moves briefly please?

Fifty move rule occurs if you or your opponent moves any of your pieces 50 times without any capture. The game ends in a draw. Some rules says 15 moves instead of 50. So rules always changes,

Threefold repetition the threefold repetition rule means a player can claim a draw if the same position occurs three times, or will occur after their next move, with the same player to move. The repeated positions do not need to occur in succession. The idea behind the rule is that if the position occurs three times, no progress is being made.

Samething applies to fourfold repetition, but 4 moves instead of 3.

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 2:05pm On Nov 08, 2017
Sherifastro:

i guess so.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 2:07pm On Nov 08, 2017
Sherifastro:

When playing always start your attack with the lowest piece in terms of points,

Pawn = 1 point
Knight and bishop = 3 points
Rook = 5 points
Queen = 8 points
King = 9 points,

So what i mean is start attacking with the ones with 3 points,
how come the King has 9 points and i heard that pawns are as important as any other piece in the game.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 2:11pm On Nov 08, 2017
Have you guys notice computer sometimes castle quickly, are they really protecting the king or just making the two rooks and the queen comes closer together making em poweful.

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by vivie01(f): 2:22pm On Nov 08, 2017
Rick9:

Chai my dear ayam telling you, Computer are so stupid in Master eh, if you make one Moves they have at least 20 Moves to combat you, if you like cheat they have a move to respond to it. The way they check mate me faster eh.
I just hate master. But I can beat Expert very well, but with many many cheating oh.

You are right! No matter how you plan to cheat in Master or level 10, uncountable moves are more than ready, waiting for you, in fact b4 you blink eyes, you are already checkmated cheesy

LOL @ the bolded grin grin

Orgzeyn, is this how you play yours too or you can conveniently play level 10 without cheating? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by vivie01(f): 2:27pm On Nov 08, 2017
Sherifastro:

Fifty move rule occurs if you or your opponent moves any of your pieces 50 times without any capture. The game ends in a draw. Some rules says 15 moves instead of 50. So rules always changes,

Threefold repetition the threefold repetition rule means a player can claim a draw if the same position occurs three times, or will occur after their next move, with the same player to move. The repeated positions do not need to occur in succession. The idea behind the rule is that if the position occurs three times, no progress is being made.

Samething applies to fourfold repetition, but 4 moves instead of 3.

Yeah! Thanks for the explanation. Think I know some of these moves, only don't know them with the 'move names' you mentioned.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 3:33pm On Nov 08, 2017
Collinz2:
how come the King has 9 points and i heard that pawns are as important as any other piece in the game.

I think the king has 9 points because it has same power as the queen but limited distance, i believe its because it the most important piece and also the main aim of the game.,

As for the pawn, the reason they are as important as any other piece in the game is because of promotions. every pawn is a potential queen. So to me apart from Queen pawn is the next important piece, i dont just loose or sacrifice my pawn unless am certain i will capture a rook, knight, or bishop.

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 3:38pm On Nov 08, 2017
Sherifastro:

The most annoying thing in chess is when you are checkmated by a pawn. You will feel like you have failed your final exam.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2017
I just played this, i am using white can someone show me my next my last move to checkmate?

This stupid game don give me headache.

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by MelloMusings: 4:57pm On Nov 08, 2017
I made a post a few days earlier curious to learn if there were any chess players across the Atlantic in the forum games section not realizing someone had already made a post about chess in the gaming section. So greetings fellow strategists.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 6:03pm On Nov 08, 2017
MelloMusings:
I made a post a few days earlier curious to learn if there were any chess players across the Atlantic in the forum games section not realizing someone had already made a post about chess in the gaming section. So greetings fellow strategists.
welcome bro.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by vivie01(f): 8:06pm On Nov 08, 2017
Sherifastro:
I just played this, i am using white can someone show me my next my last move to checkmate?

1st remove the bishop to the preceding brown diagonal leading to where the king was taking refuge, d king would then shift a square away from the rook, then the queen will be moved to the line the king was standing to checkmate it (the king)

**** NB: I mentioned that I dont know the move names and Im yet to familiarize myself with them, so pardon my layman explanation for now (that is if its layman's explanation in the first place)

** What do you say??
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 10:35pm On Nov 08, 2017
vivie01:

You are right! No matter how you plan to cheat in Master or level 10, uncountable moves are more than ready, waiting for you, in fact b4 you blink eyes, you are already checkmated cheesy

LOL @ the bolded grin grin

Orgzeyn, is this how you play yours too or you can conveniently play level 10 without cheating? cheesy
Computer are mad jor
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 12:11am On Nov 09, 2017
vivie01:

1st remove the bishop to the preceding brown diagonal leading to where the king was taking refuge, d king would then shift a square away from the rook, then the queen will be moved to the line the king was standing to checkmate it (the king)

**** NB: I mentioned that I dont know the move names and Im yet to familiarize myself with them, so pardon my layman explanation for now (that is if its layman's explanation in the first place)

** What do you say??

Not bad! But it wouldn't work that way. Remember computer will counter attack which might force me to do different move from your explanation. You try though.

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 12:16am On Nov 09, 2017
vivie01:

** What do you say??

Check the pic again this time. I have one last move to checkmate, what's the move?
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 8:26am On Nov 09, 2017
Collinz2:
Have you guys notice computer sometimes castle quickly, are they really protecting the king or just making the two rooks and the queen comes closer together making em poweful.

Best defense is best attack, so Castle as quickly as possible.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 8:39am On Nov 09, 2017
Sherifastro:

yea, when they castle to break in there is almost impossible.

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by vivie01(f): 9:32am On Nov 09, 2017
Sherifastro:

Check the pic again this time. I have one last move to checkmate, what's the move?

Move the bishop a step into the line the king is. sad
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 9:47am On Nov 09, 2017
vivie01:

** What do you say??
the king will still escape.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 9:48am On Nov 09, 2017
Sherifastro:

is like u need more than a move.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 11:33am On Nov 09, 2017
Sherifastro:

The most annoying thing in chess is when you are checkmated by a pawn. You will feel like you have failed your final exam.

Ahahahahahahahaha this one touch me, the one that pains me most is when I lose my Queen to a mere pawn.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 11:35am On Nov 09, 2017
Sherifastro:

Pls which chess is this, what's the name it looks cute
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 11:36am On Nov 09, 2017
MelloMusings:

Welcome bro, I greet u
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 11:38am On Nov 09, 2017
Sherifastro:

Sometimes if you can prevent your opponent from castling eh by sacrificing your knights to allow the King capture the Knight, your opponent's king would be exposed.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 11:39am On Nov 09, 2017
Chai guys this game suffer me eh I no fit check mate I had to use my King to continue with the chase, until after 15 Minutes before I could check mate the king, I suffer sha

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 1:34pm On Nov 09, 2017
Check out my game, a very punishing attack / defence set up.

Last pic I defeated HARD Easily,

Always learn to control the centre in Chess.

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by vivie01(f): 2:05pm On Nov 09, 2017
Collinz2:
the king will still escape.

So which move(s) did you suggest?
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 2:29pm On Nov 09, 2017
vivie01:

So which move(s) did you suggest?
am not really sure but i think he need more than a more to checkmate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Do You Still Remember These Games? / Video Game Glitches: What Are The Causes? (Graphic Photos) / FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.