Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy (28261 Views)

Tecno’s New Camon X Is Launching On April 5th / Iphone X, Is It Worth The Price Or Just An Overrated Piece Of Metal / Funniest Meme Reactions To The Iphone X And Iphone 8 Launch Event (2) (3) (4)

Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 1:25am On Sep 20, 2017
Alright a couple of days ago, Apple launched the new iPhone X alongside the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus cleverly skipping the iPhone 9.

Like most Apple devices, the iPhone X broke the bank, costing over £999 (that's basically almost N400,000 in my currency)

Me right now.. Trying to figure out how N400k can change someone's life

I'll be quite honest I can't see any ground breaking feature on the iPhone X.

Is it the Design?

The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 and Samsung Galaxy Note 8 obviously does better.

No Physical Home Button?
Yeah.. Probably because Samsung ditched theirs

Yeah they dumped the head phone jacks for Airpods?

I'm not trying to be a cheapskate but why should anyone get wireless headphones that cost $159 (N60,000). I'd rather get a quality headset (Beats By Dr Dre). And what happens if one gets missing?

It has secure Face ID that can only be wrong one in a million times?

Did you watch the iPhone X launch at the Apple Headquarters in Cupertino. Face ID couldn't unlock the phone. I guess that was the one in a million times they meant. Apple didn't tell us what happens if identical twins try to unlock one phone.I guess the passcode is just a secure way to bypass the whole debacle.
Samsung comes with Iris Scanning and Fingerprint Scanning.

Dual Camera Setup and Wireless Charging ?
I shouldn't be saying this but you and I know they're not the first to do this. There's totally nothing new here.

A lot of us expected Apple to add the touch ID beneath the screen but they never did. Vivo actually beat them to that feature.

With all the smartphones available in the world, I'd say it's really unwise for anyone waste $1,000 for stolen, exaggerated, reused and almost useless features.

Apple has always been trying to sabotage Samsung and the entire Android OS. The iPhone X’s screen is quite inferior to that of the S8 in terms of pixel density and brightness and they had the nerve to market it as "the future of smartphones".

Seriously "$1000" for a smartphone is daylight robbery. You can even get any affordable smartphone with similar features for less than that price.

Apple definitely has a very strong marketing scheme that causes people to go crazy over them. I don't know how they do it, but congrats to them but I'd rather not fork out $1000 for a new smartphone.

You'd think Apple would listen to people and fix a lot of things on their Anniversary device to mark the end of a decade since the existence of the iPhone but "No" , they're try to take our eyes off what they've not done.

1.You still can't install Apps outside the Apple Store

2. It's still difficult transferring files between Computers (Not Macs) and iPhones without iTunes

3. The Accessories Are Still Expensive

4. Users still don't have total control of customization

Apple makes massive profits from their devices due to the monopoly they enjoy from their O.S and its actually becoming something else.

You might think because it's because I'm a huge fan of Android phones that's why I'm saying their phone is overrated, well don't judge me yet until you hear what Daniel fromTechKnowNG has to say. :

The iPhone X features an edge-to-edge OLED display and comes with a $999 price tag. I don't know how the price tag will affect other Apple iPhone products but just as usual the iPhone is probably going to get a lot of sales based on surveys. The IPhone X has received a number of criticisms from smartphone users and the fact that it malfunctioned on the launch date sparked a number of hilarious criticisms on social media and we shouldn't ignore that.

The question now is

"Is The IPhone X An Overrated Smartphone "

Let's take a look at some of the features

1. The edge-to-edge OLED screen

The feature that makes the IPhone X stand out is it's edge-to-edge OLED screen display. Apple was quite excited about the edge-to-edge OLED display during it's launch, but this feature has obviously been on Android phones for quite a while. It's been available on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Xiaomi Mi Mix and a couple of other Android devices so there's no reasonable way I'm spending a thousand dollars on a feature I can get for less on other devices.

2. Facial Recognition Software

This is like the most annoying part of the IPhone X, the facial recognition system. I'm okay with the fact Apple tried to come up with something new but the question now is will the IPhone X facial recognition system be able to recognize ladies when they're on makeups, fixed eyelashes or users in general when they have an injury anywhere on their face. Probably not, so you will be left with a device that only recognize you when you have a straight face, I'd advice you not to buy something like that.

3. The iPhone X is expensive. very expensive

One of the noticeable aspects of the iPhone X perhaps more noticeable than its display is its price tag. Apple has set the starting cost for its flagship product at $1,000 If you include taxes and the 256GB storage configuration. The device is even more expensive outside the US — customers in Italy, Russia, and Poland, for instance, will all have to pay around $1,600 for a 256GB version of the iPhone X

Generally, I feel the IPhone X is an overrated phone, it shouldn't be this expensive because all the features that Apple has claimed is new are not new, they all have been on Android phones, I mean affordable ones. But the IPhone X comes with an Apple logo at the back of it so I expect the logo alone to be worth more than $400.

That's what Daniel thinks but what do you think about the iPhone X.Overrated, Overpriced, Over Hyped.. I'd love to know your thoughts on this. Drop your opinion in the comments.

94 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 1:27am On Sep 20, 2017

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 20, 2017
Apples innovation died when steve jobs died

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by TheControversy: 2:22pm On Sep 20, 2017
Na wa o, all this long tori because of phone? Last last, if dem dash you one iPhone X you go still say "thank you sir God bless you sir."

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 20, 2017
iPhone X is the latest (and according to Apple, the greatest yet) mobile flagship of Apple.

Here's the catch: iPhone X is a flagship befitting for the iOS ecosystem, and Apple was pretty clear about that. When you consider Apple's latest endeavors: Augmented Reality, Animated emojis, iOS 11, etc, it's only logical to deduce that they'd need a capable flagship for these. with all its specifications, It would bring a much better experience to those in the iOS community.

iPhone X wasn't originally built to faceoff against Android flagships, unfortunately, Comparison is inevitable. However, as with every cause, there are people on either sides (iOS and Android) that share strong sentiments, by implication, every device from each side is dragged into a kind of 'rivalry showdown'. These days, Samsung has spearheaded the best of what Android has to offer, therefore the rivalry showdown is mostly between Apple and Samsung.
this development is now on a level that, Samsung flagships are now anti-iphone, which deviates from the real reasons why iPhones and Other Android came to being in the first place. Honestly, I see what Apple tried to do with the iPhone X; they're only trying to give the best iOS experience yet, which they've succeeded in doing. Come to think of it, no iPhone user has experienced the OLED screen tech or AR until now; bringing it now is a very welcome idea!

Let's all take it easy on Apple, they've done pretty well with their new device.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by olarababi(f): 4:10pm On Sep 20, 2017
Who Apple IOS Epp, Android Guys and Baes in the building, give me some likes.

111 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Inside(m): 4:31pm On Sep 20, 2017
Mtcheeew.

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by dabigjoe6(m): 4:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
iPhone x is just a peice of over hyped crap

18 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by TechPanda(m): 5:15pm On Sep 20, 2017
Yelutide:

OP: Poverty na bastard. when you are wealthy, you'll understand what iPhone X is all about. No matter how Tim cook, explain it to you now, you won't understand.

Lol..

Bro, chillax.. cheesy cheesy

Op is just being a Nigerian. And there's nothing wrong in that.

Am a Nigerian also. In fact being a Nigerian ROCKS!!! grin grin grin We tell the truth.

Personally, I felt Apple's is strongly going to take on Samsung head-on with its Fast charge and wireless charge feature, but...

Unfortunately, Apple won't give you fast charging when you buy any of the new iPhones. You'll need to pay extra money.

For christ sake, it is some people's salary somewhere in Surulere. wink undecided

grin Here's How Expensive It Cost To Charge The New iPhones (Using A Wireless Charger)

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Just30: 5:22pm On Sep 20, 2017
Yelutide:

OP: Poverty na bastard. when you are wealthy, you'll understand what iPhone X is all about. No matter how Tim cook, explain it to you now, you won't understand.
I'll rather buy the note 8 at 2000 dollars than buy a phone with features of the past cheesy

23 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:49pm On Sep 20, 2017
TheControversy:
Na wa o, all this long tori because of phone? Last last, if dem dash you one iPhone X you go still say "thank you sir God bless you sir."
I'd rather not be stuck with a phone that gives me less control over it.

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by austinereds(m): 7:50pm On Sep 20, 2017
I don't blame apple. They have to make their money back. But it still not worth it. Too expensive.

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:54pm On Sep 20, 2017
Yelutide:

I've never been poor in my life and I don't intend on being. Being wealthy doesn't mean that you should spend your money on anything. Spend carelessly and you'll definitely go broke. The phone is full of recycled features and even if I want a high end smartphone, I'd prefer the Galaxy Note 8 or Xiaomi Mi Mix2 or I could even wait for the release of the Nokia 9. What's the new groundbreaking feature Apple has brought on the iPhone X? - NOTHING

86 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by henry007(m): 8:01pm On Sep 20, 2017
iPhone X unboxing and first impressions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WgkVWu8d-4&t=26s
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Rick9(m): 9:27pm On Sep 20, 2017
I don't think i would be happy with a phone that has load of restrictions.

But IPhone is just like Diamond, its very rare to see, that's why it command such a price

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 20, 2017
These are just futile arguments,one doesn't have to follow up every baseless argument like iPhone X and others.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by heryurh(m): 11:06pm On Sep 20, 2017
olarababi:
Who Apple IOS Epp, Android Guys and Baes in the building, give me some likes.
Na likes u go chop abi angry
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by BedLam: 11:34pm On Sep 20, 2017
Yelutide:

You sound too pi.ss poor to understand anything here. How many wealthy people you know that uses flagship phones ?

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by 9japrof(m): 6:35am On Sep 21, 2017
Bros when you have 1000 dollars to spare on gadgets, you would know better.

Niggas criticizing what they don't understand or afford to own

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:49am On Sep 21, 2017
9japrof:
Bros when you have 1000 dollars to spare on gadgets, you would know better.

Niggas criticizing what they don't understand or afford to own
Lol I can afford that comfortably but spending that on an iPhone when you can get a Nokia 8 or Galaxy S8 for a lesser price. And it seems you forgot that replacing the parts is always a pain in the ass. You can easily purchase parts of flagship devices on Aliexpress. Try searching for the ones for the iPhone X after a few months and see if you can find anything. $1000 for a phone that doesn't bring any new features. I'd rather not. If they had something new I'd certainly not say anything about it. iPhones have always been overrated due to the fact that Apple has complete control.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:54am On Sep 21, 2017
cc Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by 2shure: 7:12am On Sep 21, 2017
Im getting my brand new
Samsung s8 duos by next week
64gig.
Amas happi as fuc

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 21, 2017
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by 9japrof(m): 7:14am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
Lol I can afford that comfortably but spending that on an iPhone when you can get a Nokia 8 or Galaxy S8 for a lesser price. And it seems you forgot that replacing the parts is always a pain in the ass. You can easily purchase parts of flagship devices on Aliexpress. Try searching for the ones for the iPhone X after a few months and see if you can find anything. $1000 for a phone that doesn't bring any new features. I'd rather not. If they had something new I'd certainly not say anything about it. iPhones have always been overrated due to the fact that Apple has complete control.

oya come gimme the 1000 dollars, make i call all the top pastors in naija to jam together a combined prayer session for you, do i hear an Amen...
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by iambabaG: 7:15am On Sep 21, 2017
This is a poverty skewed analysis..
Just see the way you are ranting and repeating yourself!
If my use of iPhones is anything to go buy; it is a gadget that works seemlessly and almost perfectly fine.
And I really can't remember they forcing you to purchase it!

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 21, 2017
Some people are naturally lipsrsealed
Criticizing a phone that you have never and will probably never use in your life as a worthless piece of metal
Those of us blessed enough to buy it.
Did we complain to you?

Better go and open an account with LinkedIn.
Perhaps you will be able to find a well paying job and stop hating on something simply because you can't afford it.

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by RZArecta(m): 7:16am On Sep 21, 2017
You buy what you like or can afford, your opinion of this phone doesn't count for shít bro cool

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by bufness(m): 7:17am On Sep 21, 2017
waiting for misstechys own
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by iahmed(m): 7:18am On Sep 21, 2017

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by bastien: 7:19am On Sep 21, 2017
That's it

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by iamjavadem(m): 7:21am On Sep 21, 2017
TheControversy:
Yes, so i can go and see it to one mumu for 400k or even less. I cannot come and kill myself.

What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More / The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp / Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50