Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy (28262 Views)

Tecno’s New Camon X Is Launching On April 5th / Iphone X, Is It Worth The Price Or Just An Overrated Piece Of Metal / Funniest Meme Reactions To The Iphone X And Iphone 8 Launch Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by sammykels: 2:58pm On Sep 21, 2017
Apple is an expensive brand, thought we should all know this by now, those that buy and use it, love it...if u dont want to use it, fine, then dont, no need to insult those that use the phone. Truth is, those that use the phone hardly complain, thats because they dont care about the features of the phone, they bought the "apple brand" not the features...till we all understand this, these debates will continue.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by CellTabRepair20: 6:03pm On Sep 21, 2017
Forget about that...Just make money fixing and supporting these devices.
3 Months to end 2017. Have U finally gotten that job yet? Endless waiting is destiny killing. B4 the year winds up U can still make real cool cash fixing high-end, in-high demand smart devices.
Get *"Mobile Phones and Tablets Repairs: A Complete Guide..." book* & see how useful it is for Ur training needs. OR are U interested in office career? Do so with superior knowledge. Get the book *"IT Career: A Roadmap"*. All packaged for Ur success

Click link below
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Elxandre(m): 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

I understand his problem and I won't judge him for his comment. Most people in this part of the world see having an iPhone as a status quo depicting wealth and affluence, which is quite pathetic.
Your opening line was lame.
400k can change some people's life, so can 50k.
400k is just like 100 Naira to some people, don't forget that, and anyone whose life can be transformed by 400k won't even be looking at a flagship phone in the first place.

That line is the reason you had many rebuttals claiming you can't afford it.

Nice use of memes, cheesy
You were a bit repetitive at times, but some points were were placed. smiley

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2017
Elxandre:

Your opening line was lame.
400k can change some people's life, so can 50k.
400k is just like 100 Naira to some people, don't forget that, and anyone whose life can be transformed by 400k won't even be looking at a flagship phone in the first place.

That line is the reason you had many rebuttals claiming you can't afford it.

Nice use of memes, cheesy
You were a bit repetitive at times, but some points were were placed. smiley

Lol.. Apple fans have always had the idea that Android users were broke grin.. So I don't really blame them though.. If they like they can wail till tomorrow, I've dropped my opinion and they can't change it.

As for the memes, I'll take note of that.. Thanks
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by ExInferis(m): 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2017
Yeah xiaomi was first with edge to edge then followed by samsung.

But u obviously forgot both rushed to it because of the news that Apple was working on it. That Apple was working on it has been in the rumormill for ages, and the copycat chinese and Korean behemoths rushed with their me-first mentality.

On the issue of embedding fingerprint under the display: Apple was the first to R & D it, but they found out that FaceID was more secure. Remember they bought primesense strictly for facial recognition and AR, which they're marketing heavily. Samsung tried the embedded fingerprint thing and failed miserably, so they created a 3Dtouch-ripoff on the S8 and rerouted the fingerprint scanner to an awkward position on the back.

And why aren't u indignant about Samsung's Iris unlock gimmick which isn't as reliable and more of a hassle than faceID?

Can't even remember the last time i used it.

As for pixel density....except I'm jacking into my gear vr (which i hardly do due to lack of compelling content) i always leave my display resolution at FHD+ rather than WQHD+. Saves battery and i don't notice any resolution downgrade.

Indeed on the Note 8 FHD+ is the default setting.

When it comes to dual camera Apple has one of the best setups. Telephoto is more useful than a monochrome and RBG setup, the value of which no one is yet to prove.

And did u even watch the keynote? Did u not see how embedded neural engine analyzes and enhances the photos, which enables real-time and post-processed pseudo-studio lighting enhancements and bokeh?

Currently no camera even comes close to what was demoed.

And yes the face ID thing had a hiccup: but u should understand the devices used in keynotes are not always production models running gold masters: they're usually prototypes running beta software so glitches are expected.

I don't own an iphone, i own an S8+ and I'm going to purchase the Essential Phone soon. However, your points and position arw synonymous with rabid fandroids who year after year rant about how iphone sucks while Apple rakes the profits and the rest struggle to break even.

The iPhone X is a great looking phone that's packed with incredible features and is currently more powerful than any Android phone out there, bar bone.

And it is the only phone now with a built in neural engine, depth camera, and advanced AR tracking.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:35pm On Sep 21, 2017
ExInferis:

But u obviously forgot both rushed to it because of the news that Apple was working on it. That Apple was working on it has been in the rumormill for ages, and the copycat chinese and Korean behemoths rushed with their me-first mentality.

On the issue of embedding fingerprint under the display: Apple was the first to R & D it, but they found out that FaceID was more secure. Remember they bought primesense strictly for facial recognition and AR, which they're marketing heavily. Samsung tried the embedded fingerprint thing and failed miserably, so they created a 3Dtouch-ripoff on the S8 and rerouted the fingerprint scanner to an awkward position on the back.

And why aren't u indignant about Samsung's Iris unlock gimmick which isn't as reliable and more of a hassle than faceID?

As for pixel density....except I'm jacking into my gear vr (which i hardly do due to lack of compelling content) i always leave my display resolution at FHD+ rather than WQHD+. Saves battery and i don't notice any resolution downgrade.

When it comes to dual camera Apple has one of the best setups. Telephoto is more useful than a monochrome and RBG setup, the value of which no one is yet to prove.

And did u even watch the keynote? Did u not see how embedded neural engine analyzes and enhances the photos, which enables real-time and post-processed pseudo-studio lighting enhancements and bokeh?

And yes the face ID thing had a hiccup: but u should understand the devices used in keynotes are not always production models running gold masters: they're usually prototypes running beta software so glitches are expected.

I don't own an iphone, i own an S8+ and I'm going to purchase the Essential Phone soon. However, your points and position arw synonymous with rabid fandroids who year after year rant about how iphone sucks while Apple rakes the profits and the rest struggle to break even.

The iPhone X is a great looking phone that's packed with incredible features and is currently more powerful than any Android phone out there, bar bone.

And it is the only phone now with a built in neural engine, depth camera, and advanced AR tracking.

Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate it.. By the way the Essential Phone scored 1/10 on IFIXIT's repairability score you might want to double check before getting the phone..

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by ExInferis(m): 10:11pm On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate it.. By the way the Essential Phone scored 1/10 on IFIXIT's repairability score you might want to double check before getting the phone..

I don't generally repair phones...our so-called "engineers" usually do more harm than good.

I fixed my girl's iphone 6s+ and the 3D touch stopped working, random freeze....all kinds.

My S7 Edge cracked screen was replaced at great cost...got deadzones and 2 dead pixels...the screen wasn't flush with the chassis...dirt underneath the glass...byebye water proof.

I've other horror stories.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Stevengold(m): 12:09am On Sep 22, 2017
Why I like iPhone is their Unique OS, no other products have. If only Chen of Blackberry would have improved on BB10 OS. I think it wold have had a competitor. If Nokia had continued an advanced Lumia production to opt their game, it would have been perfect. However, if I was given such money. I won't go for ios, I'd go for Nokia 8. Cuz I just love Nokia's new android device. It's all abt preference.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Thecassanova: 1:45am On Sep 22, 2017
I remembered asking my white friend why he doesn't use an iPhone. Boy said it's just like taking money & throwing it in the trash can grin
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 22, 2017
Thecassanova:
I remembered asking my white friend why he doesn't use an iPhone. Boy said it's just like taking money & throwing it in the trash can grin

Same goes to all sh*tbags called androids to me.....
Moreover, you might want to check up on iphones sales in the Us and Uk,,,

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by zafaryaqoob(m): 11:18am On Sep 23, 2017
I ordered this Apple iPhone x Now I'm using The Apple iPhone 7 Now I'm going to buy Apple iPhone 10 it's really Nice phone Apple released.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 23, 2017
ExInferis:

Xiaomi wasnt the first. Sharp Aquos was the first bezeless phone then Xiaomi came aboard. How can you conclude they rushed it because of Apple ? Do you think these things are done over night? iPhone X is the worst looking bezelless phone thanks to notch and Essential isn't too far behind.

How did you know Apple was the first to R&grin on-screen finger print technology? Semantics and Samsung have been working on this for sometime? Who started it first is irrelevant since none has made it to the market without problems? But how did you reach your conclusions? How can you be stressing it that Samsung failed miserably with on-screen finger print technology when nobody has done it yet? Apple will bring back touchID to the sequel of X cos faceID alone isn't convenient .

Samsung didn't rip off 3D touch, Google added what's called shortcut to Nougat update which Samsung implemented upon. Too much hate and nonsense in your comment. Wonder why you didn't say Apple ripped webOS and BB10 for the gestures based X.

How is the Iris scanner unreliable? How is a gimmick while faceID isn't? Left to me, they are all gimmicks and inconvenient but you seem sentimental with your choice of words. Iris scanner and faceID both are stressful. You have to raise your phone up before it unlocks and faceID is even more stressful cos you will need to scroll up again after unlocking the device. Wonder why you aren't attacking Apple here. Also, Samsung implementation seems better because there are other options which aren't available for the X and trusted places makes it even easier for the Galaxies.

Dual cameras are gimmicks and I will take LG's implementation than telephoto or live focus or the monochrome bs.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 23, 2017
zafaryaqoob:
I ordered this Apple iPhone x Now I'm using The Apple iPhone 7 Now I'm going to buy Apple iPhone 10 it's really Nice phone Apple released.

How can you order a phone that isn't up for preorder?
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by ItsJonathan(m): 1:55pm On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

Xiaomi wasnt the first. Sharp Aquos was the first bezeless phone then Xiaomi came aboard. How can you conclude they rushed it because of Apple ? Do you think these things are done over night? iPhone X is the worst looking bezelless phone thanks to notch and Essential isn't too far behind.

How did you know Apple was the first to R&grin on-screen finger print technology? Semantics and Samsung have been working on this for sometime? Who started it first is irrelevant since none has made it to the market without problems? But how did you reach your conclusions? How can you be stressing it that Samsung failed miserably with on-screen finger print technology when nobody has done it yet? Apple will bring back touchID to the sequel of X cos faceID alone isn't convenient .

Samsung didn't rip off 3D touch, Google added what's called shortcut to Nougat update which Samsung implemented upon. Too much hate and nonsense in your comment. Wonder why you didn't say Apple ripped webOS and BB10 for the gestures based X.

How is the Iris scanner unreliable? How is a gimmick while faceID isn't? Left to me, they are all gimmicks and inconvenient but you seem sentimental with your choice of words. Iris scanner and faceID both are stressful. You have to raise your phone up before it unlocks and faceID is even more stressful cos you will need to scroll up again after unlocking the device. Wonder why you aren't attacking Apple here. Also, Samsung implementation seems better because there are other options which aren't available for the X and trusted places makes it even easier for the Galaxies.

Dual cameras are gimmicks and I will take LG's implementation than telephoto or live focus or the monochrome bs.

Research before you respond to threads. Plus how can you say dual cameras are a gimmick?

Are you a physicist?

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by ExInferis(m): 4:44pm On Sep 24, 2017
ollah1:

tl;dr
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by zubebs(f): 1:11pm On Jan 01, 2018
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by ItsJonathan(m): 9:55am On Jan 05, 2018
I have been using the IPhone X for about three weeks now and have no regrets whatsoever. Do you?

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by chuksohams(m): 7:50am On Apr 02, 2018
How do I post ads on this Platform
iamjavadem:

Yes, so i can go and see it to one mumu for 400k or even less. I cannot come and kill myself.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 04, 2018
iPhone X brought animated emojis grin
What's the new groundbreaking feature Apple has brought on the iPhone X? - NOTHING

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More / The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp / Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.