Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting (27258 Views)

Still On It.... A Lady Complain As MTN Drains Her Data.. Without Reason(photos) / How To Backup Your Android Phone With Google Photos And Google Drive. / How To Backup Your Iphone On Icloud And Itunes (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by Gkemz: 10:20am On Sep 21, 2017
U can as well try super backup which back up not only apps and media files but also your msgs, contacts, calendar contents.
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by fatymore(f): 10:21am On Sep 21, 2017
grin
pmc01:

I know it's ladies that will find that primary school joke funny. lipsrsealed
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by hucienda: 10:21am On Sep 21, 2017
Cloud.

1 Like

Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by frankeneye(m): 10:24am On Sep 21, 2017
mekstaniac:
99% of the girls here will still take it boys to do it
he concern u
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by IbBarham(m): 10:28am On Sep 21, 2017
Nice one
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by faithfulfaith9(m): 10:43am On Sep 21, 2017
It an old school method but I think I prefer the back up and restores that comes with the phone

Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by Maxvasia(m): 10:58am On Sep 21, 2017
Please i have noticed that my fone's music player does not recognise or play wma files. How can i fix this?
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by airsaylongcon: 11:07am On Sep 21, 2017
reyscrub:
The best way to backup your contact is using Google account register on your android phone.

Every android phone must compulsorily at least have one Google mail account
(.............@gmail.com)

Not true. You only need the Google account if you want to access the Play store. You can use your android device and install apps from other repositories such as F-droid without the need for a Google account
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by IamOlusa(m): 11:17am On Sep 21, 2017
Guy, my cousin changed her laptop password and she forgot it. i tried changing it from window 8 to 7 but the hard disk was partition into 4 places but i successfully delected it but the laptop isn't installing window7. what can i do?
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by AdaAnambra: 11:25am On Sep 21, 2017
hilario8898:
Most times, our android phones and tablets tend to develop lagging issues undecided which are caused as a result of bugs shocked that may have been contacted through the sites we visit and so on.
Now, you would want to format your phone using the easy method by going to settings, then proceeding to factory settings to restore your phone back to its factory settings. wink Doing that would lead to loss of all data including phone numbers, messages, music, pictures, videos and other important data stored on the internal storage of the device.

Let's get right to it... cheesy

* Backup of files in the internal storage: You would need an SD card that has a lot of memory space, it can be that of 8gb,16gb or 32gb depending on the size of the internal storage. It should contain a lot of free space, preferably it can be empty. It should then be inserted into the device, then you proceed to storage, then enter the internal storage where most data are contained, you are now to mark all the folders and move them to the SD card, in doing this, you would be able to save all data that contains your music, pictures, whatsapp messages, etc. wink

* Phone contacts & messages: This tend to be the major reason why people do not want to format their phones. Well, your worry is over... To preserve your info, you'll need to download an app from playstore called SMS backup and restore, coolwhich you'll install on your device that would enable you backup your your phone logs and messages in both your mail and file storage. This would enable you restore them back to the device after the format occurs. You can also preferably move all your contacts to the SIM cards present in the device. lalasticlala, pictures are attached below...

If you learnt something new, kindly hit the like button smiley ***Thanks***
Thank you for this.

1 Like

Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by bengems(m): 11:41am On Sep 21, 2017
I use lenovo vibe x2, it doesn't accept Android play store and doesn't support all the top social media apps like Facebook, twitter, instagram, telegram, slack and so on. What do I do?
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by bamasite(m): 12:00pm On Sep 21, 2017
Nice.....
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by Jhamzy(m): 12:00pm On Sep 21, 2017
hilario8898:
Most times, our android phones and tablets tend to develop lagging issues undecided which are caused as a result of bugs shocked that may have been contacted through the sites we visit and so on.
Now, you would want to format your phone using the easy method by going to settings, then proceeding to factory settings to restore your phone back to its factory settings. wink Doing that would lead to loss of all data including phone numbers, messages, music, pictures, videos and other important data stored on the internal storage of the device.

* Backup of files in the internal storage: You would need an SD card that has a lot of memory space, it can be that of 8gb,16gb or 32gb depending on the size of the internal storage. It should contain a lot of free space, preferably it can be empty. It should then be inserted into the device, then you proceed to storage, then enter the internal storage where most data are contained, you are now to mark all the folders and move them to the SD card, in doing this, you would be able to save all data that contains your music, pictures, whatsapp messages, etc. wink

* Phone contacts & messages: This tend to be the major reason why people do not want to format their phones. Well, your worry is over... To preserve your info, you'll need to download an app from playstore called SMS backup and restore, coolwhich you'll install on your device that would enable you backup your your phone logs and messages in both your mail and file storage. This would enable you restore them back to the device after the format occurs. You can also preferably move all your contacts to the SIM cards present in the device. lalasticlala, pictures are attached below...

And when you eventually format your phone, wont the application you downloaded and backup wipe off aswell?

1 Like

Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by Abbotp: 12:02pm On Sep 21, 2017
Good......

You beat me cos I have been kinda 'lazy' writing of late. I will still write cos my option is better and sweeter though grin grin grin grin

YOUR FACE IS YOUR GRACE....LET IT SHINE...CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by Funkybabee(f): 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2017
pls one of my phone here have processing system problem precisely techno
pls wat do u think I can do
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by Xkalaban(m): 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2017
The SMS & contacts part, quite informative.
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by hilario8898(m): 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2017
Maxvasia:
Please i have noticed that my fone's music player does not recognise or play wma files. How can i fix this?
You can edit the music file to that of mp3. Example; Song.wma can then be changed to Song.mp3 ***cheers **
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by Upfront247: 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2017
hilario8898:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by hilario8898(m): 12:39pm On Sep 21, 2017
Jhamzy:

And when you eventually format your phone, wont the application you downloaded and backup wipe off aswell?
Concerning your apps, you can make use of an app called "app backup & restore" which can be gotten from playstore...pic below! But at the same time, you have to know that all apps installed from playstore would be present in you apps & games profile on playstore, all you gotta do is install them back after the flash. You can also send them to a friends android phone using xender and get them back after the flash... There are softwares for doing it on a PC, but I gotta stick to the purpose of the thread. Thanks***

1 Like

Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by hilario8898(m): 12:41pm On Sep 21, 2017
bengems:
I use lenovo vibe x2, it doesn't accept Android play store and doesn't support all the top social media apps like Facebook, twitter, instagram, telegram, slack and so on. What do I do?
Was it malfunctioning like that when you bought it or is it a recent issue?
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by hilario8898(m): 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2017
Kaxmytex:
if it cant backup the rom without rooting which can void the warranty of the phone, then it is useless
Sir, the process doesn't require rooting **cheers!
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by hilario8898(m): 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
IamOlusa:
Guy, my cousin changed her laptop password and she forgot it. i tried changing it from window 8 to 7 but the hard disk was partition into 4 places but i successfully delected it but the laptop isn't installing window7. what can i do?
Try formatting it in cmd mode, that should enable you install a new os. You can research on Google for that, the procedure is not hard. An easier method can be for you to use an external hard disk connector to format the drive.This can be done by removing the hard disk from the system and replacing it when you're done, then try the installation again. If you're not still successful, you can send me a pm or better yet, take it to a tech store. Cheers**
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by hilario8898(m): 1:14pm On Sep 21, 2017
Funkybabee:
pls one of my phone here have processing system problem precisely techno

pls wat do u think I can do
You can first try a factory reset. If the problem persists, you can flash in a new rom. It's quite complex, don't know if you'll go through the stress? undecidedYou can as well take it to a good tech store for flashing. Cheers** smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
You don't need all that.
Use miraclebox
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by DONADAMS(m): 2:05pm On Sep 21, 2017
mekstaniac:
99% of the girls here will still take it boys to do it
lol...very very true
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by IamOlusa(m): 2:15pm On Sep 21, 2017
hilario8898:

Try formatting it in cmd mode, that should enable you install a new os. You can research on Google for that, the procedure is not hard. An easier method can be for you to use an external hard disk connector to format the drive.This can be done by removing the hard disk from the system and replacing it when you're done, then try the installation again. If you're not still successful, you can send me a pm or better yet, take it to a tech store. Cheers**
Thanks
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by Funkybabee(f): 2:57pm On Sep 21, 2017
hilario8898:

You can first try a factory reset. If the problem persists, you can flash in a new rom. It's quite complex, don't know if you'll go through the stress? undecidedYou can as well take it to a good tech store for flashing. Cheers** smiley

do u mean factory data reset
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by hilario8898(m): 3:14pm On Sep 21, 2017
Funkybabee:

do u mean factory data reset
Yes Miss! You can do that by going to settings, then select backup/reset, you'll then see the Factory data reset..�
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by Funkybabee(f): 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2017
hilario8898:

Yes Miss! You can do that by going to settings, then select backup/reset, you'll then see the Factory data reset..�

but it will erase all my data
I mean all my downloaded app and video
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by firestar(f): 3:39pm On Sep 21, 2017
Thank you.

Summary:
* SMS Backup & Restore
* App Backup & Restore (Use Xenda)
* Miraclebox
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by hilario8898(m): 3:52pm On Sep 21, 2017
Funkybabee:

but it will erase all my data
I mean all my downloaded app and video
If you follow the procedure from the post, you'll be able to save them. wink
Re: How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting by Funkybabee(f): 3:56pm On Sep 21, 2017
hilario8898:

If you follow the procedure from the post, you'll be able to save them. wink

thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chronicles Of An Iphone Thief. / Whatsapp’s Live Location Feature Lets Friends Track Each Other In Real Time / Does Mobile Phone Lose Camera Quality After Sometime?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.