Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,358 members, 7,780,978 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:45 AM

How A Danfo Driver Almost Got Us Killed - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How A Danfo Driver Almost Got Us Killed (522 Views)

Container Truck Falls On A Danfo Bus At Iyana Iba, Lagos / Akhigbe Nuel Odiase: Corper Dies After Falling From A Danfo In Lagos / Danfo Driver Smashes Head Of 5-Year-Old Girl In Lagos. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Danfo Driver Almost Got Us Killed by Dewvy(m): 6:43am On Sep 20, 2017
It's a long story but I will try to keep it short.

On Monday, I was returning from work around 8pm. I got on a bus going to Ayobo from Oshodi, paid my transport fare and got ready for the journey while expecting heavy traffic, same as I sat through while coming from the Island.

The bus took off and surprisingly, traffic was not as bad as I had thought. The journey was pretty smooth until somewhere close to Cement Bus stop, another speeding Danfo, with three young guys, rammed into our vehicle from the back. I felt a very sharp pain in my back. The impact was so much that the seat where I was - which was second to the last - 'closed' completely.

Both buses maintained a slow speed while our driver, surprisingly, asked the other driver "wetin happen?". At that point, we'd become uncomfortable sandwiched between two seats and yelled at him to park the vehicle and adjust his damaged rear door. The driver turned a deaf ear, allowed the other guy drive off and kept going slowly. We yelled a couple more times and then, all of a sudden, this driver stops in the middle of the road, while vehicles were driving by at top speed.

While we were still complaining bitterly, we didn't realise that our driver had seen the other driver make a U-turn in front, in a bid to avoid him. Suddenly, our driver made a sharp turn over the BRT lane, which is under construction, to the opposite road. We escaped being hit by a speeding vehicle by a very close shave. Our driver got in pursuit of the other driver on top speed.

At this time, we were complaining why he'll take us back toward Oshodi, in the name of pursuing the driver, when he could have dropped us at Cement bus stop. Our driver barked at us and kept speeding after this other driver. His driving had become reckless while trying to synchronise with the other drivers maneuvers on the road. He made very dangerous turns and we only missing being hit, by speeding vehicles, by luck.

Seeing that our driver was on a dangerous revenge mission, some passengers started pleading with him to slow down, while others were raining unprintable curses on him. At this point, our driver was driving so recklessly that everyone was chanting prayers - I thought I would not survive that night. A passenger attempted to wrestle control of the steering but he was subdued by others.

We were hopeless. The frightened, but wise females in the bus, stuck their heads out of the open windows and cried out for help. In a few minutes, the gallant men of the Lagos Police were on our tail, blaring their sirens and asking him to pull over. But our driver refused and kept on speeding as the other driver was in sight.

Finally, while attempting to obstruct the way of the other driver, he slowed down and everyone started jumping out while the vehicle was on motion. The other driver bashed our bus and tried to reverse and speed off but our driver jumped down and dashed at him before he could. In turn, the other driver jumped out and took to his heels while our driver chased after him. We were all trying to catch a breath as the Police were already there.

Everyone started calling for the arrest of our driver because he endangered our lives. He had the opportunity to stop the other guy immediately he was hit but he didn't. He thought it wise to risk all our lives for some revenge mission or whatever.

After a while, he came back with one of the three passengers in the other vehicle and the Police, having heard our stories and theirs, arrested them. We were asked to get on the bus so he could drop us off where we could take another bus, but I and a few others told them we would not, and left the scene. I took another bus from Ikeja Along to Ipaja. By this time, it was almost 11pm.

1 Like

Re: How A Danfo Driver Almost Got Us Killed by DanielsParker(m): 6:47am On Sep 20, 2017
ok
Re: How A Danfo Driver Almost Got Us Killed by FvckShiT(m): 6:52am On Sep 20, 2017
fûçk , grin

NEED FOR SPEED: OSHODI cheesy
Re: How A Danfo Driver Almost Got Us Killed by gabinogem(m): 7:00am On Sep 20, 2017
I swear, police 4 arrest me bcus of wetin I 4 do that driver if say I dey inside that vehicle. undecided just imagine the foolishness of some humans

(1) (Reply)

Glo Is Giving Out Cars, Among Many Other Prizes This Yuletide Season (must Read) / NetFlix employs Barack and Michelle Obama / DJI Drones Service And Repairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.