Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,911 members, 7,806,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) (11190 Views)

Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs Congo : AFCON 2015 Qualifiers (2 - 3) On Saturday September 6, 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by FBS: 1:19pm On Mar 02, 2010
From the look of things. . .The SE will play Congo at The Abuja National Stadium. 

NSOFOR, ADELEYE FOR CONGO

Obinna Nsofor will be one of five Europe-based youngsters from Nigeria’s African Nations Cup team who will join up with Shuaibu Amodu’s home-based Eagles for Wednesday's friendly match against the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Top NFF sources informed KickOffNigeria.com that Nsofor will be joined by defenders Dele Adeleye, Onyekachi Apam and Elderson Echiejile as well as midfielder Sani Kaita and injured forward Chinedu Obasi.

The players are expected to report in camp on Monday where they will train with the rest of the squad.

New Nigeria coach Lars Lagerback will be on hand to observe the game.

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=14104   
------

With a new coach comes a new spirit, a revived passion and a stronger desire to be the best among the rest.

Go Super Eagles of Nigeria.

Nigeria vs Congo
Date :- March 03, 2010
Venue:- Abuja National Stadium
Time:- 5:00PM
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by FBS: 2:12pm On Mar 02, 2010
14 views but no single post? haba. . .na so you guys don tire reach? LOL grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 02, 2010
@ FBS, yes oh, we don tire to dey comment, na only read we want do grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by FBS: 2:59pm On Mar 02, 2010
^^^LOL!!!  grin  grin  grin

Never give up the fight. . .Let's continue to support The SE.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by semid4lyfe(m): 3:11pm On Mar 02, 2010
Me, I love the Super Eagles die and I'll always support and watch their matches come rain, come shine. I predict a scoreline of 2 nil in favour of the Super Eagles. . . .hopefully we'll see some quality football tomorrow and 2 or 3 home-based players will come thru'.
Up Super Eagles! Up Nigeria!
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by FBS: 3:24pm On Mar 02, 2010
^^^Will the match be broadcasted LIVE?
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by semid4lyfe(m): 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2010
FBS:

^^^Will the match be broadcasted LIVE?
YES, I think so. . . .I heard Yesterday on a tv station that the unveiling of Lars Lagerback to the Nigerian Press & Nigerians will be broadcasted LIVE and that it'll take place exactly 2hrs before the kick-off of the friendly so by extension I think the match will be shown LIVE ön tv.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by snowdrops(m): 4:33pm On Mar 02, 2010
So we have a friendly match lined up.

Hurray.

Hope the players would not pick up any nasty gunner-like injury from the anticipated flying hard tackling boots of the Awilo boys AKA congolese. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by oisehumen(m): 4:34pm On Mar 02, 2010
The truth, Nigerians are tired of Super Eagles.
But wait a minute; why inviting injured Obasi?
I just wonder sometimes if our football officials have brain.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by oisehumen(m): 4:36pm On Mar 02, 2010
When are we going to start inviting fit and in-form players into our National Teams?
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by semid4lyfe(m): 4:38pm On Mar 02, 2010
oisehumen:

But wait a minute; why inviting injured Obasi?
Wondering the same thing too
snowdrops:

So we have a friendly match lined up.

Hurray.

Hope the players would not pick up any nasty gunner-like injury from the anticipated flying hard tackling boots of the Awilo boys AKA congolese. grin
Hope so too. . .And I'm particularly happy that Dele Adeleye is making a return to the team.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by oisehumen(m): 4:42pm On Mar 02, 2010
It is only in Nigeria that injured players and players who have not played a single game for their respective clubs are invited into the National Team. Not only making the squad, but pinning down regular shirts during the tournament. We all saw what happened in the last nations cup in Angola.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by snowdrops(m): 4:45pm On Mar 02, 2010
oisehumen:

It is only in Nigeria that injured players and players who have not played a single game for their respective clubs are invited into the National Team. Not only making the squad, but pinning down regular shirts during the tournament. We all saw what happened in the last nations cup in Angola.

AKA Danny Shittu.

But he was one of our best players in the tournament.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by azeeza(f): 4:46pm On Mar 02, 2010
I hope they perform well but why is osas not invited.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by oisehumen(m): 4:48pm On Mar 02, 2010
Yobo and Yakubu have not been playing regularly at Everton. Am sure they will make the squad to the world cup, captain and vice captain. Wonders shall never end in Naija!
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by oisehumen(m): 4:51pm On Mar 02, 2010
But it is a crime to play grade A friendly? Cameroon is playing Italy 2moro and Egypt playing England.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by oisehumen(m): 4:58pm On Mar 02, 2010
Yes, with the exception of Danny Shittu
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by hollandis(f): 5:25pm On Mar 02, 2010
Nigeria is so phucked.Congo of all teams.I hate NFF.I wish the congolese guys wallop us 5-0,to further ostracize and disgrace Amodu(since the mugu will be at the helm of affairs that day) out of the National team
Bloody mf's
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by azeeza(f): 6:03pm On Mar 02, 2010
First grade or not,the issue is a friendly for us to access our team.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 02, 2010
Shame no dey catch us at all! Egypt wey no go world cup dey play England, na congo NFA go uproot for eagles. After, they'll pay the useless luck-riddled squad some hefty amount of wad at the end of the game and call our journey towards 2010 progress. Mschew!
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by dominique(f): 9:25pm On Mar 02, 2010
why cant they play with a more serious team embarassed
they defeat Congo 2 nil and then they become proud of themselves wtf?
this NFF is really vexing me no be small. to hell with the friendly, i don't care if they win or lose angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by FBS: 9:26pm On Mar 02, 2010
Easy guys. . .easy!!! cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by Fest7: 7:03am On Mar 03, 2010
Dont be surprise 2 see d congolese beat us @ home because d devil, AMODU will be there.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by omar22(m): 2:03pm On Mar 03, 2010
Yes, with the exception of Danny Shittu

--------------------------------------------

Danny Shittu plays reserve games to keep the fit

By the way whose's the manager tonight
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by kobikwelu(m): 2:04pm On Mar 03, 2010
But it is a crime to play grade A friendly? Cameroon is playing Italy 2moro and Egypt playing England.

my broda, i tire ooooo.

we are the only africans in our group, and we are still playing africans?

when other serious minded countries are playing similar teams to their respective group members, we are busy selling groundnut.

in our group, we have southkorea, argentina and greece.
wots rung with setting up friendlies with a southamerican team (wot happened to the paraguay friendly), or mediterrenean team(turkey,malta cyprus etc) or an asian team.

instead we are playing congo!!!!!!

kai
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by kobikwelu(m): 2:09pm On Mar 03, 2010
by the way, IMO the only players that play with a passion for the country are

nwankwo kanu
osaze odemwinge
danny shittu
obinna nsofor

others are a bunch of overage,overweight lazy washed up jokers that
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by FBS: 2:14pm On Mar 03, 2010
When we play Ireland, you guys complain. . .the same Ireland that played against Brazil yesterday.

We were meant to play against Portugal but Carlos Queiros was not impressed with The SE's performance during the ANC.
Paraguay was lined up. . .but NFF said contract no favor them.

Now it is Congo! Well what can we do about it? Is it not when you have a good team with some kind of appeal that other countries will line up to play against you?

I was surprised about Congo and likewise wasn't impressed either but heck what can we do about it?

Once we have a disciplined and good team it is natural that other better better things will follow.

No need complaining now. Let's get our house in order first.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by 2tait: 2:28pm On Mar 03, 2010
SE was supposed to play Paraguay but the deal did not sail through. Hence NFF hurriedly approached Congo. To avoid a repeat, NFF has commenced negotiation with Ukraine and Columbia for a grade A friendly on April 26 and 29th respectively in London. Letz look up.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by pek(m): 2:31pm On Mar 03, 2010
the match comes up by 4pm!
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by FBS: 2:42pm On Mar 03, 2010
Just seeing it now. . .let me amend the time on the thread.

Did they say team B? wwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaat?

DRC ARRIVE HOURS BEFORE FRIENDLY

Nigeria's opponents in Wednesday's friendly, the Democratic Republic of Congo, will only arrive in Abuja five hours before their game against the Super Eagles B side.

The Congolese took off on a chartered flight from Kinshasa at 07h00 Nigeria time and are expected to land in Abuja at around 11h00 in the morning, according to NFF Chief Media Officer Ademola Olajire.

"They informed us just before they took off at 07h00 this morning. It is a four-hour flight, so they should be here on schedule," Olajire told KickOffNigeria.com.

It is not clear why the Congolese, who were expected in Nigeria early in the week, decided to leave so late, and Olajire conceded that the quality of the football may suffer.

"We don’t know why they delayed so much. We kept calling them and they kept assuring us that they would be here on time.

"It will definitely affect the quality of the game, because they may not have enough time to rest before kickoff. But we hope that they can put that behind them and give a good performance."

The game is at 16h00 Nigeria time.

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=14174
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by supaeagles(m): 3:43pm On Mar 03, 2010
how does this game help us prepare for WC2010? Is the new coach going to be there evaluating new/local talent?
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo [5 - 2] (Friendly Match) by toosoon(m): 3:51pm On Mar 03, 2010
supaeagles:

how does this game help us prepare for WC2010? Is the new coach going to be there evaluating new/local talent?
which new talent is in Amodu's team? abeg make the coach go watch Nigeria league for new/local talent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Onazi Ogenyi Welcomes Second Daughter Zara Agbenu Onazi / Vincent Enyeama Set To Receive Honorary Doctorate Award From University Of Uyo / Nike Unveils Super Eagles' New Jerseys For AFCON 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.