Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,316 members, 7,780,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:36 PM

Pmb's Full Speech In The UN General Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pmb's Full Speech In The UN General Assembly (451 Views)

Biafra: IPOB Representatives Arrive UN General Assembly (Photos) / Governor Godwin Obaseki Sleeping At UN General Assembly (photos) / Yahaya Lawal, Buhari’s Aide Prevented From Entering UN General Assembly. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pmb's Full Speech In The UN General Assembly by Dirah(f): 10:14am On Sep 20, 2017
PMB'S UN General Assembly Full Speech

GENERAL DEBATE OF THE 72ND SESSION OF UNITED NATIONS GENERAL ASSEMBLY, IN NEW YORK,

ON TUESDAY, 19 SEPTEMBER 2017

 Mr. President,

 Fellow Heads of State and Government,

 Mr. Secretary-General,

 Distinguished Delegates,

 Ladies and Gentlemen,

On behalf of my country, Nigeria, I congratulate you Mr. President on your election and Mr. Gutteres on his first General Assembly outing as our Secretary-General. I assure you both of my country’s solidarity and cooperation. You will indeed need the cooperation of all member States as we are meeting during extra-ordinarily troubled and dangerous times. Let me also thank former Secretary-General Mr. Ban ki Moon for his service to the United Nations and wish him peaceful retirement.

Mr. President,

2. The previous year has witnessed many far-reaching developments. Some of the most significant events include the Iran Nuclear Deal, the Paris Climate Change Agreement and, of grave concern, the North Korean nuclear crisis.

3. Mr. President, I must also commend the UN’s role in helping to settle thousands of innocent civilians caught in the conflicts in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan. In particular, we must collectively thank the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany under the commendable leadership of Chancellor Angela Merkel and the Governments of Italy, Greece and Turkey for assisting....visit to continue reading http://www.dirahgist.com/2017/09/pmbs-un-general-assembly-full-speech.html?m=1

Re: Pmb's Full Speech In The UN General Assembly by Mynd44: 10:42am On Sep 20, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Fayose A Dangerous Clown.... / Was Nigeria This ‘bad’ In 1970? / Every Nigerian Is Angry: Bishop Kukah Fires At Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.