Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion (5268 Views)

I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? / Man Shares WAEC Result Of Orphan Whose University Education He Would Be Funding / Debate : Is Educating Female Child A Waste Of Resources? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 20, 2017
This is going to be very controversial especially since I haven't written anything 'in' this section, so my name can not precede me.

Before I make assertions, I need to appeal to you who is still in secondary and tertiary institution to keep an open mind, and take advantage of the new lines that I am going to write. My time is limited and quite expensive, but I feel I owe our Human Species an obligation of 'Awakening' them before it takes many decades of their lives, like it took me to figure out what this planet is about. I am sure our President does not know this truth, so you are in a much better place humanly.

And to the graduates of our Universities who are still finding their balance on a comfortable living. But to those who have 'made it', I am sure you see how empty the quest for our happiness has been elusive. Well, I have a message for all of you. And I am through with the message. grin

What did I end up saying ? Nothing, you have just wasted 2 minutes of your time, relative to how fast you read. The END.

Shall we begin after an END.

Life is not what you think, because what you think are functions of your experiences which is signatures of your exposures and affordable and available information you were told by parents, religious leaders, political leaders, school, friends etc. But let me tell you something friends.

Let us turn back the clock to the time of your birth and the date of your birth. WHAT DID YOU LEARN AS A CHILD, THAT WAS NOT EXPLAINED TO YOU ? I asked this, because of a subsequent question which should format your brain ? And that question is; What if ALL you were told are wrong ?

My point is this;
Anything you see is real to you. What you do not see, which you are told about, might just be wrong. Yes, and I mean from God to the meaning of life.

My advise is very simple.
If you have known how to read, write, do a little algebra then, note this basic truth. Our countries all of the world built their economies based on Government and Business men, building businesses for citizens to work and earn their salaries. BUT, in the next few years, robots and apps, will do virtually everything. The world has changed, so do not follow OUR templates. It will not work for you.

INFACT, you youngsters should view us with suspicion, not because we want to hurt you, but because we do not know what we are doing by raising you in a culture that expects you to work a 9-5 job. That is a scam.

This planet needs advancements and more life changers dropped out of schools than regular humans. So, do not let ANYONE tell you, how life is. Look within yourselves, look at the sky above you, take a trip to the Ocean beaches and look at the sand and ask yourself. Why am I here in this world ? Just to work, make money, love, reproduce and die ?

When you find an answer, to that Question, I will tell you what will happen.
You will begin a journey to study what is Earth and What you are and your mission. When you discover your mission, then, that is your course in the University and if no University offers that course, then you will know you are the only University to offer that course.

That is the journey you are here for. You are the University, in the Universe, existing as a Uni, which means One. One is what you are and One means GOD. Study yourself. MAN know THYSELF

Bye

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by Hardheolar(m): 11:39am On Sep 20, 2017
Ok

Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by delectablegyal(f): 11:41am On Sep 20, 2017
i said it. we should have a thrash bin here on nairaland where we can thrash rubbish opinion.

you have spoken well but there is nothing we can do about it. this is how it will continually be.

4 Likes

Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 20, 2017
Hardheolar:
Ok

Take off this ad. You can afford to pay for ads. Be human

1 Like

Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 20, 2017
delectablegyal:
i said it. we should have a thrash bin here on nairaland where we can thrash rubbish opinion.

you have spoken well but there is nothing we can do about it. this is how it will continually be.

Your opinion is respected. Thanks for your 'brilliant' input.

6 Likes

Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by egbabiekperemo1: 11:46am On Sep 20, 2017
Oga, they will soon come for your head. Your suggestions is not realistic in today's nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by Hardheolar(m): 11:48am On Sep 20, 2017
Billyonaire:

Take off this ad. You can afford to pay for ads. Be human
your opinion.

1 Like

Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by Johniyke2flex(m): 11:54am On Sep 20, 2017
Very true!

I had to leave school before I found this truth. I looked inward before I realized that I had been told a big lie. All along I thought that getting a job after uni would be the end of my struggles, alas, it signaled the beginning. I remain unfulfilled even after the certifications and the job. Now I'm in a struggle to find the real purpose of my life.

Unfortunately we wait to get to this dilemma before we turn to the creator of life. Before now I thought that being educated and having money equates having a fulfilled life, experience has taught me differently. You can never know the purpose of your life except you turn to the one who holds the manual of that life.

6 Likes

Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by coolestchris(m): 12:10pm On Sep 20, 2017
nice
Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by possesscable(m): 12:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
True talk bro

1 Like

Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 20, 2017
Johniyke2flex:
Very true!

I had to leave school before I found this truth. I looked inward before I realized that I had been told a big lie. All along I thought that getting a job after uni would be the end of my struggles, alas, it signaled the beginning. I remain unfulfilled even after the certifications and the job. Now I'm in a struggle to find the real purpose of my life.

Unfortunately we wait to get to this dilemma before we turn to the creator of life. Before now I thought that being educated and having money equates having a fulfilled life, experience has taught me differently. You can never know the purpose of your life except you turn to the one who holds the manual of that life.

For many, it will take decades to realize this central truth, and set them on a journey to uncover the truth, which was supposed to be told us by age 1. But then our own parents were also victims of the same programming and mind control. I had to put this out here, so those who have an open mind can give it a thought and save themselves from the cycle of quest for illusive happiness. Some thing is not right.

Happiness lies in knowing this illusive purpose of life. That is the only University in the Universe. Graduate from knowing yourself and you will begin to LIVE Happily ever after.

4 Likes

Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by Treasure17(m): 12:38pm On Sep 20, 2017
Johniyke2flex:
Very true!

brilliant especially the last paragraph. you nailed it.

1 Like

Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by Dramadiddy(m): 12:50pm On Sep 20, 2017
This is not an excuse to leave university, because purpose/destiny needs education and needs proper education, instead tell people to follow their purpose not making them seem they're wasting time going to school. Cheers

1 Like

Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by onojaford(m): 1:07pm On Sep 20, 2017
You were trying to make a good point, but when I checked, I discovered that you are been moved and motivated by mediocrity. please be careful. Did you discover that your own purpose was to demoralise sound minds when you went to the "ocean beach" to inquire of the sands?
Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 20, 2017
Dramadiddy:
This is not an excuse to leave university, because purpose/destiny needs education and needs proper education, instead tell people to follow their purpose not making them seem they're wasting time going to school. Cheers

The education you need is to be able to read, write and may be algebra. This is all you need to start making decision on your purpose in life. That decision is what needs to direct what University you choose to attend, not the decoy matrix programming you call University.

I think the only University, which is worth attending is You/niverse.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 20, 2017
onojaford:
You were trying to make a good point, but when I checked, I discovered that you are been moved and motivated by mediocrity. please be careful. Did you discover that your own purpose was to demoralise sound minds when you went to the "ocean beach" to inquire of the sands?

Your opinion is very much welcomed and your assertions are noted. Mediocrity is something I know and I do not think I am, as an Astrophysicist I do believe I have a little knowledge worth more than mediocrity. When you look in the mirror next time, the person you see there is a mediocre. And that is not me.

1 Like

Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by Dramadiddy(m): 1:45pm On Sep 20, 2017
Billyonaire:

The education you need is to be able to read, write and may be algebra. This is all you need to start making decision on your purpose in life. That decision is what needs to direct what University you choose to attend, the decoy matrix programming you called University.

I think the only University, which is worth attending is You/niverse.
I don't get. you need education before purpose? last time I checked, you need purpose before education, what you're saying is the same as "we need this building to be constructed as soon as possible, later we can worry about the building plan"

1 Like

Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by livingseed: 2:12pm On Sep 20, 2017
I'm not going to say that I agree with you, but I do feel that it's not for everybody. It depends what you want out of it. Life itself is a waste of time if you don't conform to its purpose. Whether Nigerian University education is a good choice for an individual in Nigeria presently is a complex choice. It could be meaningless for now but society dictates it and you cant change it.

You can fight the current your whole life and try to walk up stream facing constant resistance for no reason but your pride. Or you can play the game... lift up your feet and let the current carry you and stuff will be alot easier. More so, There are other ways to work towards having a good life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 20, 2017
Dramadiddy:
I don't get. you need education before purpose? last time I checked, you need purpose before education, what you're saying is the same as "we need this building to be constructed as soon as possible, later we can worry about the building plan"

My understanding of how difficult it is for Humans to read and understand is very questionable. I thought I was simplistic enough. Ignore and move on with your lives, as always. There is always a job waiting for you out there.
Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2017
livingseed:
I'm not going to say that I agree with you, but I do feel that it's not for everybody. It depends what you want out of it. Life itself is a waste of time if you don't conform to its purpose. Whether Nigerian University education is a good choice for an individual in Nigeria presently is a complex choice. It could be meaningless for now but society dictates it and you cant change it.

You can fight the current your whole life and try to walk up stream facing constant resistance for no reason but your pride. Or you can play the game... lift up your feet and let the current carry you and stuff will be alot easier. More so, There are other ways to work towards having a good life.

Getting lost in the matrix is common, it is the most common level of human existence, but when you raise your understanding beyond the mental programming, then you will see such a wide array of humans who exist without knowing their purpose. Hence happiness is elusive. But for the few who have been able to propel their minds beyond Time-Space mental programming, then the rest of humanity seem to be in a rat-race towards nothing they know of. Mental slaves in the arms of the puppeteers.

What you can do, is sit tight, do nothing. Until you know your purpose. Every other enterprise is a waste of time. Happiness can only be found in purposeful living. Not a struggle for survival.

Thanks for your inputs no doubts. Disagreements are welcomed.
Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by livingseed: 3:21pm On Sep 20, 2017
Billyonaire:

Getting lost in the matrix is common, it is the most common level of human existence, but when you raise your understanding beyond the mental programming, then you will see such a wide array of humans who exist without knowing their purpose. Hence happiness is elusive.

My thoughts exactly. Actually, Purpose is a big part of what constitutes education and if it were possible for everyone to fully understand the value of purpose early in life then maybe fewer or more people would need a classroom education. So yes, Purpose will cause people get lost in the maze and purpose will lead people to happiness as you enunciated. Nothing in life is wasted, it's all experience.

2 Likes

Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 20, 2017
livingseed:

My thoughts exactly. Actually, Purpose is a big part of what constitutes education and if it were possible for everyone to fully understand the value of purpose early in life then maybe fewer or more people would need a classroom education. So yes, Purpose will cause people get lost in the maze and purpose will lead people to happiness as you enunciated. Nothing in life is wasted, it's all experience.

I agree that it is all experience, but some experiences are useless. Which means for some, they will live and die, with an experience which when they finally awake from this mental trapping then they will realize they just wasted a lifetime pursuing something not worth a piece of shit.

Again, Classroom Education is the best way to gather humans together and program them on deceptive truths, their level of truth. You get scores for repeating the same thing you are told and you are graded and called, 'good chap', not knowing you are a good robot who was and is good in memorizing and retorting what has been programmed to the sub-conscious mind. Now you see why those who did bad in school, who dropped out or even rebel against school curriculum end up being inventors of repute. They refused to be indoctrinated.

Well, I will not say more on this, because for some, when you realize that the truth is before your own eyes and you are lied to an existence which was, and is but not designed for your needs but for those who benefit from your handicaps then the scales start falling from the eyes. For some, it will be too late.

Know your mission and learn to get there as long as you can read and write and make judgement calls. Anything outside of your continuous meticulous probe, likely is a Savior Program, Slave-Worker Program, Health Program and Zombie Political Programs of no value to your personal happiness.

Man must format his mind, de-bug his memory and start learning life again. This time, based on your knowledge, not anything you were taught in schools, religious places or even the rest of the masses.

One for all and all for one.

Peace.

8 Likes

Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by gotnel: 4:31pm On Sep 20, 2017
Billyonaire:
This is going to be very controversial especially since I haven't written anything 'in' this section, so my name can not precede me.

Before I make assertions, I need to appeal to you who is still in secondary and tertiary institution to keep an open mind, and take advantage of the new lines that I am going to write. My time is limited and quite expensive, but I feel I owe our Human Species an obligation of 'Awakening' them before it takes many decades of their lives, like it took me to figure out what this planet is about. I am sure our President does not know this truth, so you are in a much better place humanly.

And to the graduates of our Universities who are still finding their balance on a comfortable living. But to those who have 'made it', I am sure you see how empty the quest for our happiness has been elusive. Well, I have a message for all of you. And I am through with the message. grin

What did I end up saying ? Nothing, you have just wasted 2 minutes of your time, relative to how fast you read. The END.

Shall we begin after an END.

Life is not what you think, because what you think are functions of your experiences which is signatures of your exposures and affordable and available information you were told by parents, religious leaders, political leaders, school, friends etc. But let me tell you something friends.

Let us turn back the clock to the time of your birth and the date of your birth. WHAT DID YOU LEARN AS A CHILD, THAT WAS NOT EXPLAINED TO YOU ? I asked this, because of a subsequent question which should format your brain ? And that question is; What if ALL you were told are wrong ?

My point is this;
Anything you see is real to you. What you do not see, which you are told about, might just be wrong. Yes, and I mean from God to the meaning of life.

My advise is very simple.
If you have known how to read, write, do a little algebra then, note this basic truth. Our countries all of the world built their economies based on Government and Business men, building businesses for citizens to work and earn their salaries. BUT, in the next few years, robots and apps, will do virtually everything. The world has changed, so do not follow OUR templates. It will not work for you.

INFACT, you youngsters should view us with suspicion, not because we want to hurt you, but because we do not know what we are doing by raising you in a culture that expects you to work a 9-5 job. That is a scam.

This planet needs advancements and more life changers dropped out of schools than regular humans. So, do not let ANYONE tell you, how life is. Look within yourselves, look at the sky above you, take a trip to the Ocean beaches and look at the sand and ask yourself. Why am I here in this world ? Just to work, make money, love, reproduce and die ?

When you find an answer, to that Question, I will tell you what will happen.
You will begin a journey to study what is Earth and What you are and your mission. When you discover your mission, then, that is your course in the University and if no University offers that course, then you will know you are the only University to offer that course.

That is the journey you are here for. You are the University, in the Universe, existing as a Uni, which means One. One is what you are and One means GOD. Study yourself. MAN know THYSELF

Bye
Education is important for man up to the level of knowing how to read and write, how to communicate with one another and for calculations.
Every other things needed to succeed in life is for the man to know his/her onions in life.
Nearly everything that makes life easier to living today are invented by people with little or no classroom education.
Living life to the fullest is a function of mind
Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by nkwuocha: 4:33pm On Sep 20, 2017
This advice is majorly for the few realists we have in Nigeria. Hard truths there......unfortunately, we have more fools than thinking humans in Nigeria.

Think outside the box....outside Nigeria. The "Nigerian" mentally is of stone age,retrogressive and predictable. Poor!

4 Likes

Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by Fidelismaria: 4:41pm On Sep 20, 2017
cheesy
good
nice write up
Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by livingseed: 5:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
Billyonaire:

I agree that it is all experience, but some experiences are useless. Which means for some, they will live and die, with an experience which when they finally awake from this mental trapping then they will realize they just wasted a lifetime pursuing something not worth a piece of shit.

While I get your point, I can assure you that no experience in life is inherently useless because it must benefit someone if not you.

True, The problem with school is they decide where you should be smart and that's like saying we should all be the same, get the same marks and so on which seems like a group conditioning. You may want to avoid that and pick what you like on the Internet and even concentrate on it. Sure, Reading books and stuff on the Internet is good, but it doesn't even come close to replacing what you will learn taking a class at a university. Why??

Take for example if you wanted to teach yourself how to build furniture, You can learn a TON from reading books and looking at the Internet, but if you have a master craftsman (equivalent of a scholar in academia) teaching you then you learn all that and so much more in a matter of no time in comparison.

So, It would depend on what you will like to do in your heart because some things cannot be taught to one self on their own, yet many things can.

My point is that although the Internet is a great resource tool, you must be able to validate the Internet Material presented as fact in a class. That's the only way. So, your tenors suggesting Classroom Anti-Intellectualism is unhealthy.

Indenturing oneself that most classroom dropouts end up being inventors of repute and big income spenders could be a myth. There are hidden stories to their reputable invents and I think it's not a waste of time that you will agree with me.

If you attend a class with the attitude that you will use the environment to increase your knowledge and improve your mind, and then make every attempt to do so, you will never loose, as you will have developed a strong mind and powerful will that can be used in whatever situation you find yourself in. The "piece of paper" or degree is not what is needed, what has been learned is what is needed which is to broaden your understanding of the world, present multiple ideas and teachings from many different cultures, teach you to think in non-dogmatic ways, and increase your understanding of society and the individuals that comprise it, including yourself.

The University Degree in Nigeria is only a representation of what is supposed to have been learned.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by eph12(m): 6:38pm On Sep 20, 2017
Actually what I would preach is, finding your purpose, leverage while in school and not waiting to graduate first.

2 Likes

Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by Magnoliaa(f): 7:03pm On Sep 20, 2017
Johniyke2flex:
Very true!

Word!

A loooot of people are doing jobs they are not suited for too.. Just to get paid. Just to make ends meet. Just to get by and provide for each day.
And they end up being frustrated, unhappy, depressed..

They don't consider their likes and strengths before pursuing a degree in the university.. They just want to get in there..

I'm happy you have discovered that truth now and surely you'll find your purpose! Just seek..

3 Likes

Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by IamOlusa(m): 7:08pm On Sep 20, 2017
I don`t really fathom the point in this message. maybe i need to read it over again.
Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 20, 2017
livingseed:

While I get your point, I can assure you that no experience in life is inherently useless because it must benefit someone if not you.

True, The problem with school is they decide where you should be smart and that's like saying we should all be the same, get the same marks and so on which seems like a group conditioning. You may want to avoid that and pick what you like on the Internet and even concentrate on it. Sure, Reading books and stuff on the Internet is good, but it doesn't even come close to replacing what you will learn taking a class at a university. Why??

Take for example if you wanted to teach yourself how to build furniture, You can learn a TON from reading books and looking at the Internet, but if you have a master craftsman (equivalent of a scholar in academia) teaching you then you learn all that and so much more in a matter of no time in comparison.

So, It would depend on what you will like to do in your heart because some things cannot be taught to one self on their own, yet many things can.

My point is that although the Internet is a great resource tool, you must be able to validate the Internet Material presented as fact in a class. That's the only way. So, your tenors suggesting Classroom Anti-Intellectualism is unhealthy.

Indenturing oneself that most classroom dropouts end up being inventors of repute and big income spenders could be a myth. There are hidden stories to their reputable invents and I think it's not a waste of time that you will agree with me.

If you attend a class with the attitude that you will use the environment to increase your knowledge and improve your mind, and then make every attempt to do so, you will never loose, as you will have developed a strong mind and powerful will that can be used in whatever situation you find yourself in. The "piece of paper" or degree is not what is needed, what has been learned is what is needed which is to broaden your understanding of the world, present multiple ideas and teachings from many different cultures, teach you to think in non-dogmatic ways, and increase your understanding of society and the individuals that comprise it, including yourself.

The University Degree in Nigeria is only a representation of what is supposed to have been learned.

I would have had no problems, if the classroom lessons were practical application of knowledge to solve practical life problems in Nigeria. But the theories taught in these schools are archaic, never practical and totally useless in solving problems in the real world.

The issue again is, that an average student does not even know the right questions to ask or neither do they have any world problems they plan to solve. To evolve, must at least solve a little world problem or even a local problem. It could be you want to find the cure for cancer or produce cheap water to 10 million people etc.

We should not attend schools for the purpose of working as a slave and not making life out of the struggles. I mean, a salary of 200,000 a month with 100K spent for upkeep, rent and logistics will take about 400 months (33 Yrs and 4 Months) to buy a house a 40M house and such cheap houses do not really exist in great neighbourhoods, but it is easier for a skilled worker, business owner and even artists to afford those houses on a single endorsement deal or few shows.

We MUST define what we want in life then decide how we intend to achieve it. Not just going to school and ending up with a life of no happiness.

Like I said, you are always right, but my perspective is; One should decide what he wants to solve in the world then decide the nature of education he/she wants. Not the order way round. Our happiness or otherwise, depends on this decision.

Peace

2 Likes

Re: University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 20, 2017
Let me shed some light on your ignorance, you don't just attend to university cos you want to, university is like a guide to you to your future.

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Your Project Supervisor Gives You Corrected Copy Of Your Project(funny Pic) / {####teachers Day Kavita} Happy Teachers Day Kavita In Hindi, Poem, Poetry 2016 / Any Alternatives To Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.