Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:20 PM

There Are Igbos In Sambisa Forest - Governor Ikpeazu Reveals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Are Igbos In Sambisa Forest - Governor Ikpeazu Reveals (377 Views)

Soldiers Enjoy Their Meat In Sambisa Forest (photos) / Soldiers Kill 15 Boko Haram Members In Sambisa Forest, Recover Heavy Weapons / Signpost In Honour Of Abu Ali In Sambisa Forest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

There Are Igbos In Sambisa Forest - Governor Ikpeazu Reveals by lightblazingnow(m): 12:29pm On Sep 20, 2017
There are Igbos in Sambisa Forest - Governor Ikpeazu Reveals
247nigerianewsupdate.co

People's Democratic Party chieftain, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu has re-emphasized his commitment to the unity of Nigeria as Igbos are widespread in the country.

Abia state governor, Okezie Ikpeazu
Abia state governor, Okezie Ikpeazu, has given reasons why he is not in support of the agitation for Biafra.

The Abia state governor said the population of Igbos living outside of their states are over 11 million and as such, activities of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) put the lives of south-easterners at risk.

Ikpeazu said this in Abuja on Tuesday, September 19, the Cable reports.

While highlighting the spread of people from southeast, the governor noted that there are Igbo people even in Sambisa forest, a stronghold of the Boko Haram sect in Borno state.

He said: “I want to announce that the population of Igbo outside the Igbo enclave is about 11.6 million; you don’t play with the lives of 11.6 million people.”

“We all have to be careful, the press, the leadership at the state level and at the federal level, everybody. We are still working on stabilising and sustaining the fragile peace that we enjoy now.

“I swore with the Bible to protect lives and property; because I take such oath very seriously, I will continue to protect the lives and property of our brothers and sisters irrespective of where they come from.

“I do not see how, as an Igbo man, boxing myself into a smaller geographic entity will help the cause of the most widely travelled people in Nigeria.

“There are Igbo in Sambisa (forest); what are you expecting of them if I narrow their geography of coverage.

“But agitation, marginalisation and infrastructure deficiencies, these are issues which are germane and they can be discussed, spoken about and addressed.”

http://www.247nigerianewsupdate.co/2017/09/there-are-igbos-in-sambisa-forest.html

Re: There Are Igbos In Sambisa Forest - Governor Ikpeazu Reveals by lightblazingnow(m): 12:29pm On Sep 20, 2017
Everywhere
Re: There Are Igbos In Sambisa Forest - Governor Ikpeazu Reveals by Afam4eva(m): 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2017
The azz licking is real yo.

2 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Sambisa Forest - Governor Ikpeazu Reveals by mikejj(m): 12:40pm On Sep 20, 2017
grin grin these days nigeria news be like comedy.kwili kwili of nicodemus.
Re: There Are Igbos In Sambisa Forest - Governor Ikpeazu Reveals by Mynd44: 12:44pm On Sep 20, 2017

(1)

Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues To Swell Due To Medical Condition See Photos / Facebook's Zuckerberg Hits Back After Trump Tweet / IPOB: The Illegality Of South East Governors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.