Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:12 AM

5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel (18563 Views)

Dangers Of Connecting To Free Wi-fi Networks / Google Rolls Out Free Wi-fi In Nigeria's City Of Onitsha & Others / 10m Nigerians To Get Free Wi-fi Facilities As Google Station Opens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by Opinionated: 3:19pm On Sep 20, 2017
Regardless of the fact that you have mobile data, you will definitely welcome the opportunity to connect to a free WiFi. Using WiFi instead of your network is faster and it saves your battery life. So, WiFi is perfect for a traveller who needs the World Wide Web to work. This said, do you know that you can actually get WiFi for free when travelling? Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency shares some of the ways to get free WiFi.

Only book hotels with free WiFi

When booking a hotel, you should make it clear that you want the one that offers free WiFi. Some hotels offer it as an incentive to attract more bookings.

Know businesses that offer free WiFi

Today, there are some places or businesses you visit that you will get free WiFi. Restaurants, schools and gyms now have free WiFi.

Browse free sites

You can browse some selected sites for free. Here, you do not need to connect to any WiFi. For example, you can surf Facebook for free on some mobile networks in Nigeria.

Use your friend's phone as a hotspot

If you happen to be travelling with someone, simply use their phone as your hotspot. Ensure that you let them know before connecting to their hotspot.

Use a WiFi hotspot database

Using a WiFi database will show you all of the places in a particular location where you can find free WiFi. WeFi is great for this purpose. This is a platform where you simply type in your location and it populates the map with places offering free WiFi. There are also WeFi apps for iPhone and Android you can download.

http://www.opinions.ng/5-sure-ways-get-free-wi-fi-travel/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by MhizzAJ(f): 3:27pm On Sep 20, 2017
Okay
Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by Homeboiy: 3:53pm On Sep 20, 2017
ur opinions don't matter
Always allow ur WiFi for be on
Every night I de receive free WiFi on my laptop
The owner is dump not to have password it

I use am download 500 mb file n e still no finish
today go be 1gb file

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 20, 2017
Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by iamsparrow(m): 5:59pm On Sep 20, 2017
Thunder will fire any friend that will ask me to on my WiFi as if we are not travelling together

4 Likes

Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by Papiikush: 5:59pm On Sep 20, 2017
Homeboiy:
ur opinions don't matter

today go be 1gb file

Guy, you get eye problem?

OP said "When you travel" Nawa oh, all for likes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by Flashh: 5:59pm On Sep 20, 2017
Homeboiy:
ur opinions don't matter

today go be 1gb file
I have been wondering. So, it's you? Don't worry, keep using. I will use my system to destroy your phone soon.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by rotexteymie(f): 5:59pm On Sep 20, 2017
Number 4 tho undecided undecided
Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 20, 2017
Homeboiy:
ur opinions don't matter

today go be 1gb file

"When you travel"

1 Like

Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by Dubby6(m): 6:00pm On Sep 20, 2017
angry angry
I'm tired of all these 5 ways to..5 things to

Homeboiy:
ur opinions don't matter

The owner is dump to have password it

today go be 1gb file

Bros U Don start again
I no go warn u next time

2 Likes

Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by uix80398: 6:01pm On Sep 20, 2017
cheesy
Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by Pasidon(m): 6:02pm On Sep 20, 2017
Homeboiy:
ur opinions don't matter

today go be 1gb file
And u are hoping to make heaven....

3 Likes

Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 20, 2017
Talk about an easy way to be hacked by man in the middle attack
Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by talk2hb1(m): 6:02pm On Sep 20, 2017
Free Wifi or Free Wife?
I prefer the later undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by Robbin7(m): 6:02pm On Sep 20, 2017
Wetin dis 1 dey do 4 fp na?
E b like say kwaruption don reach NL.
Please invite Magu.

1 Like

Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by MrGreenMavro: 6:03pm On Sep 20, 2017
This is why I just hate Nigerian Movies �‍♂�‍♂�‍♂

The # Nollywood movie am watching right now, A dead guy appeared on his funeral day to attack the guy that killed him but he did not see him, so he (the ghost) decided to sit and wait for him. And do u know what??
The women sharing the jollof rice at the funeral served him too and he is eating... �‍♂�‍♂�‍♂�‍♂

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by Naff24(f): 6:03pm On Sep 20, 2017
Remind me of my former landlord wey forgot to password his wifi, na hin I take download complete GoT season 6 last year grin

3 Likes

Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by rawpadgin(m): 6:03pm On Sep 20, 2017
free things dey purge belle o
Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2017
rawpadgin:
Awuf dey run belle
grin
Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by Henrylenovo4363: 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2017
Hmmmmmm
Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by brightnelly(f): 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2017
Homeboiy:
ur opinions don't matter

today go be 1gb file

This is the reason why NIGERIA is so backwards... 98% of its citizens have CHEATING & DESTROYING mindset, it's running through their VEIN, BRAIN and anything you can think of cry cry cry

3 Likes

Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by eagleonearth(m): 6:08pm On Sep 20, 2017
Homeboiy:
ur opinions don't matter

today go be 1gb file
you are teaching the owner a very hard and bitter lesson. If he eventually passwords it, he will throw the key into lagoon. u don see Santa Claus abi? I don't use personal WiFi that way but I can download heavily on a public free WiFi.
Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2017
I advice never use free wifi in your life, have been doing hacking courses on udemy and what I saw shocked.
People can actually use wifi hotspot to steal your data and even bank details without you knowing

3 Likes

Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by free2ryhme: 6:12pm On Sep 20, 2017
Another 5 useless things

1 Like

Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by eagleonearth(m): 6:13pm On Sep 20, 2017
fidalgo19:
I advice never use free wifi in your life, have been doing hacking courses on udemy and what I saw shocked.
People can actually use wifi hotspot to steal your data and even bank details without you knowing
year, but wifis owned by the likes of banks, hospitals, parks, hotels etc are generally free of hackers. I love using them. For those who will come screaming about poor people and free things, what of the air you breathe, have you paid?

1 Like

Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by HMZi: 6:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
Homeboiy:
ur opinions don't matter

today go be 1gb file
HABA,thats stealing tho

1 Like

Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by Skmoda360(m): 6:19pm On Sep 20, 2017
Homeboiy:
ur opinions don't matter

today go be 1gb file
He is not dumb bt he just decided to free you to use it cuz you are broke and uncultured.

1 Like

Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by PaschalWooden(m): 6:28pm On Sep 20, 2017
To me, this is a useless post; sorry to say.

1 Like

Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by epospiky(m): 6:33pm On Sep 20, 2017
of what benefit is this post?
Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by KenModi(m): 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2017
OP, thank you for this post.

But beware of hackers especially when using public wifi.
Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by NITRABOMB: 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2017
Haha
Re: 5 Sure Ways To Get Free Wi-fi When You Travel by KenModi(m): 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2017
PaschalWooden:
To me, this is a useless post; sorry to say.

epospiky:
of what benefit is this post?

I can bet you two have never in your lives had access to limitless internet/wifi.

If not you wont type this nonsense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dstv Mobile Application For Nokia, Samsung , Lg! / Is Your Phone Overheating? Learn How To Fix It / Why Are New Cellphones Battery Require Full Charge Before Use?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.