Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? (34140 Views)

Jim Beam Bartender Competition Worth N500k #jimbeammixoff / Win N500k In The Itel #igotthemoves Dance Competition / Apostle Suleman Gifts Football Juggler N500k After Showing Some Onderful Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Shroud: 2:44pm On Sep 25, 2017
Ishilove:

MrBigiman, church wedding is not by force, neither is it scriptural. It is us humans that have imposed man made doctrines on ourselves. What you should do is traditional wedding then church blessing.

I advise you follow this lady's break down but transfer what you want to spend on white wedding to the trad.
Salomonkane, check this out.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by pek(m): 2:46pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

Thanks. So far I have managed to save 800k. I told the lady we should try and budget 500k, so we still have some change but she claim I don't value her and says I should step it up to 1.4m. She also say I must buy a ride, DAT she can't be married and trekking.
You are ready to marry, she is not. Can two walk this gather except they agree? You do not have the same goal. A lady you want to marry will not put unnecessary strain on your pocket. Suggesting you spend that amount with the mindset that you don't value her is already a red flag. If I were in your shoes, I will run.

2 Likes

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Sterope(f): 2:47pm On Sep 25, 2017
One wedding is enough joor. Make it strictly by invitation to know the number of mouths you will be feeding.

MrBigiman:
I have a heart felt question to ask, can one conduct a wedding ceremony with 500k in this recession. Kindly advice and give a Bachelor a reasonable break down. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by glosplendid(f): 2:48pm On Sep 25, 2017
AntiWailer:
Why ceremony ?

Use just 100k. For court and so church on a week day.

Save thw 400k and buy a car.
which kinda car is for 400k
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 25, 2017
Lawlahdey:
We sha like wasting money grin
so you think someone can get married with less than that? How?
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Mypeople2(m): 2:49pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

Thanks. So far I have managed to save 800k. I told the lady we should try and budget 500k, so we still have some change but she claim I don't value her and says I should step it up to 1.4m. She also say I must buy a ride, DAT she can't be married and trekking.
It seems your lady is not ready for marriage, boyfriend and girlfriend still dey sweet her.She nor know say babes plenty full ground. Abeg leave her make you come marry my sister, we will reduce the cost for you. In fact, my family will take care of the traditional and then you will do the wedding as you wish.

3 Likes

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by FA13(m): 2:50pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

She can contribute to the wedding too! She wants you to buy car before wedding and still use huge amount of money you do not have for the wedding.

Except you have been deceiving her that you are a rich guy like that.

2 Likes

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by SalomonKane: 2:51pm On Sep 25, 2017
Shroud:
Salomon kane, check this out.
Seen and noted. "To each his own". Though it's usually amusing reading women advocate traditional wedding when they're yet to marry. But as soon as Mr money bag propose, Ghen Ghen. They want everything, from church, to trad, to court wedding etc, as long as the man is paying.

1 Like

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by godofuck231: 2:51pm On Sep 25, 2017
BellaElla:
I need to ask, is the 500k all the money you have in your savings or just what you have earmarked for you wedding?
if the former is the case, please hold on a while and try to save some more or reduce your wedding budget by 200k . U should never start a marriage with an empty account balance.
If the latter is the case, i will proceed to breakdown the expenses for you.
Traditional marriage : (200k)
- attire for couple : 30k
-5 crates of malt (120pcs) : 15k
-Half bag of rice and condiments: 40k
-1 cow leg : 15k
- Marriage rites 100k ( This will work only if you have an understanding bride and inlaws)
Borrow a home theater system to her place for music and play from your phone using auxiliary wire.

Wedding / Registry : 300k
Groom suit, shoes, shirt :20k (You can get a wonderful suit from Ariaria market for 14k)
Brides outfit : 50k
Dj :10k (Get a friend to do Mc)
catering for 100 people : 100k .(Budget 1k per person, it will be enough) everybody must not chop grin
Chairs, canopies, decoration: 50k
Rings, Cake : 50k
photography :50k

Tips on how to save more money
1. Do trad and white same day. This saves half of the cooking and logistics fund which can be utilized elsewhere.
2. Use an open field for reception
3. Avoid buying asoebi with the hope that people will buy from you.most people especially family will just collect and not pay back. give colours of the day instead.
4. You do not need to print 200 invitation cards. about 20 pcs will do for your esteemed guests, the rest can be invited electronically
5. Please , please and please, do not waste money on plenty 5 step cake and a bejeweled bouquet, or even expensive bridal shoes. You will have no need them after that day
6. You do not need emblazoned souvenir bags, there are plenty plastic souvenirs sold for 100 naira each.
7. You do not need to collect photobook ooooo. Many photographers use that to scam couples . What I did during my wedding was that I hired 2 cameras video and photo (5D) for 2 days at 15k each per day. I gave a relative to take pics and he put the soft copies in a flash for me. everything for trad and white cost 70k and i Had great quality pics. I did the photobook and two frames at a later date when we had recovered small and it was way cheaper doing it myself.
8. Please do not serve alcohol at ur wedding if you want to cut cost.

If the 500k is for only wedding ceremony then you do not have wahala. Just ensure you and your bride are on the same page and she knows exactly how much you have to spend.

After all ur account balance has increased and ur marriage is strong, money no mean say love and understanding no de exist, I feel u bro

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by attention007(m): 2:55pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

Don't go ahead with the marriage

Buy a ride and that she can't trek like seriously please think again before you proceed so that you won't come to NL to tell us the aftermath

1 Like

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by FaithZion2(f): 2:55pm On Sep 25, 2017
From ur name Mr. Bigiman............ I no talkooooooo grin grin grin
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by prestige2013: 2:57pm On Sep 25, 2017
queenfav:
lwkmd.. Sorry but is she kidding ? How old is she? Your woman shud be able to plan arnd what u have. I am having my trad and registry marriage this December.The registry wedding will be a private affair, just few persons going with us.For the trad, we are planning for only 200 guests. Finally, we no go spend pass 800k.We settled for that to cut costs and save money for projects that will benefit our lives. Better that way, than clearing our account just so we can have a society wedding to the detriment of our finances. My point is she should be concerned abt your lives after marriage than a one day affair. Thankfully i and le boo are very real about our finances. We have a lot to do with money after marriage, hence decided to do what we can easily afford . If she wants you to steal, no wahala. But u have to sit her down and let her know what u can afford. I am sure she is trying to impress friends. Just tell her to be realistic. What you spend getting married isn't a guarantee that the union will be a happy one. Left to me sef, i would just walk into a registry, get married in jeans and go on vacation with d money i would have used to feed crowd. An older friend of mine told me how she and her husband got married with 25k,and they are still happily married after many years. They didn't have a reception, just paid for food for few friends who followed them to a restaurant. Bottomline, she has to understand and plan with what u have, except she wants to assist u financially. Don't empty your account because you want to marry, it's just one day. Una no go chop love o! Have a budget and stick to it. You guys will be fine with good planning.

wen is it happening?
Give me details let me be among the 200 guests.
God bless ur forth coming day n home.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by seangy4konji: 2:59pm On Sep 25, 2017
this one no be one love ooo....na true talk he tell you ooo....quit if she no ready trek with you ooo..to avoid brain shaking later for this our eceonomy o...if you die my brother no body go die with you...

Bless you more...
MrBigiman:

One love boss
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by tosyne2much(m): 2:59pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

Advice very much appreciated
I just pity you young man. Keep saying you appreciate people's comments while you're bent on making a wrong choice.

Anyway, I wish you and your extravagant wife-to-be a happy married life in advance cheesy
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by jelel6: 3:01pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

bros, I know what you wanted was advice on a financial matter and not opinions on your wife-to-be. still, I can't help but call your attention to this:

that Car and N1.4m she requested is NOT A REQUEST AT ALL. it is an ULTIMATUM. I personally think in life, people who issues ultimatums are people who are not in touch with reality. "you must do this, before I do that", brother, it never works that way.

obviously, you must love that woman. hence, I don't expect you to be objective with some of your decisions. but I must urge you to consider this step you're making and the person you're making it with.

read what other posters are saying concerning this issue and take responsibility. this is a lifetime decision you CAN'T AFFORD TO GET IT WRONGLY.

4 Likes

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Luisema4luv(m): 3:02pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

Pls run 4 ur life, is she marrying u 4 love or money
If at dis early stage she is all about showoff den i wonder hw 2 years into d marriage go b
A word is enough for d wise

2 Likes

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2017
BellaElla:
I need to ask, is the 500k all the money you have in your savings or just what you have earmarked for you wedding?
if the former is the case, please hold on a while and try to save some more or reduce your wedding budget by 200k . U should never start a marriage with an empty account balance.
- Marriage rites 100k ( This will work only if you have an understanding bride and inlaws)
Borrow a home theater system to her place for music and play from your phone using auxiliary wire.

Groom suit, shoes, shirt :20k (You can get a wonderful suit from Ariaria market for 14k)
catering for 100 people : 100k .(Budget 1k per person, it will be enough) everybody must not chop grin

1. Do trad and white same day. This saves half of the cooking and logistics fund which can be utilized elsewhere.
3. Avoid buying asoebi with the hope that people will buy from you.most people especially family will just collect and not pay back. give colours of the day instead.
4. You do not need to print 200 invitation cards. about 20 pcs will do for your esteemed guests, the rest can be invited electronically
5. Please , please and please, do not waste money on plenty 5 step cake and a bejeweled bouquet, or even expensive bridal shoes. You will have no need them after that day
6. You do not need emblazoned souvenir bags, there are plenty plastic souvenirs sold for 100 naira each.
7. You do not need to collect photobook ooooo. Many photographers use that to scam couples . What I did during my wedding was that I hired 2 cameras video and photo (5D) for 2 days at 15k each per day. I gave a relative to take pics and he put the soft copies in a flash for me. everything for trad and white cost 70k and i Had great quality pics. I did the photobook and two frames at a later date when we had recovered small and it was way cheaper doing it myself.

If the 500k is for only wedding ceremony then you do not have wahala. Just ensure you and your bride are on the same page and she knows exactly how much you have to spend.

I need this type of man in my life, are you married?
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Valobit(f): 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

i laugh in ancient hieroglyphics.
i pity you.
1.4m for wedding?!! in this recession?
una no go born pikin?
antenatal dey there o
house rent
baby things

abeg, shift forward. this lady no go help ya destiny.

2 Likes

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by fergieboy: 3:06pm On Sep 25, 2017
BellaElla:

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by bapon1: 3:08pm On Sep 25, 2017
samuel19222:

use your 500k play bet9ja 2 odd, just double the money asap.

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by apalemighty01(m): 3:10pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

Broda, nobi by force to marry. A woman that knows ur pocket and is wants u to borrow so as to please her is a woman that don't deserve u and would turn a H** once she sees someone with money.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Ishilove: 3:11pm On Sep 25, 2017
Sexina851:

They even refused to get one guy married because he wasn't a constant tither
When there are a thousand and one churches in this world, why will I allow one stop me from getting wedded?
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by AntiWailer: 3:11pm On Sep 25, 2017
glosplendid:
which kinda car is for 400k

If car is 800k. U are closer with 400k in your hand than nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by shibanbo(m): 3:13pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

Most you marry. No be by force. My brother invest that money well,go ya village go pick one lady were him time don dey go

1 Like

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Hantonia(f): 3:16pm On Sep 25, 2017
She Nt Ready 4 Mariage If Shea Can Manage Wit U Knw Wen U Re Both Married Wat Wil Hapen Or Beta Stil She Wants A 1.4m Mariage Nd Afta D Party Hunger Set In My Advise 2 U Bro Is Dat U Cut Ur Coat Acordin 2 Ur Cloth If She Doesnt Accept U Den Knw U Both Re Nt Meant 4 Each Oda
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Ishilove: 3:17pm On Sep 25, 2017
SmellingAnus:
I perfect agree with you on your submission on church wedding, however, there are some families you come from, it's almost unavoidable, even some atheists do church wedding not because they want to but because of the kind of family they come from... cool
These are the families deeply brainwashed by European media and ignorant clergy.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by SmellingAnus(m): 3:21pm On Sep 25, 2017
Ishilove:

These are the families deeply brainwashed by European media and ignorant clergy.
true.. though... Church wedding is not biblical... Infact it has done more harm than good because it has lead to more girls involved in abortions simply because they want to wear the white gown in church .. lol...
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by blackcoffee(m): 3:21pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:
I have a heart felt question to ask, can one conduct a wedding ceremony with 500k in this recession. Kindly advice and give a Bachelor a reasonable break down. God bless.

Yes its possible if the sister is the bride
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by iukpe: 3:22pm On Sep 25, 2017
You should set the bench mark for what you can spend or afford at your own wedding. It must not be a society wedding. Invite your parents, family and friends who can afford to visit and bring you gifts. You don't have to pay anybody's fare or hotel bills. Times are tough.
Your cake will go round, your wedding will be fun for you and close family and friends. Your bill will be moderate and you will live happily ever after.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by frixie: 3:22pm On Sep 25, 2017
Its possible to use 500k.
1. Start preparation early and put together your wedding team.
2. Consider timing, wed off festive season
3. Have trade and Church or Islamic wedding same day
4. Ask friends and family members to gift helping hands.
5. Keep the meal simple, forget buffet
6. Forget sourvenirs
7. Buy wedding things from open market
8. Take advantage of bargain
9. Buy food and drinks in bulk
10. Forget little bride and groom
11. Go for best man and chief bridesmaid that can afford their cloths and keep the style simple.
12. Make decision and stand by them. Etc

For free consultation email me on Danedos@rocket mail.com
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Ishilove: 3:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
SmellingAnus:
true.. though... Church wedding is not biblical... Infact it has done more harm than good because it has lead to more girls involved in abortions simply because they want to wear the white gown in church .. lol...
The irony is white is supposed to symbolise purity.

So much blindness and ignorance in the practice of today's religion.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Couple Engage In Money Spraying Competition At Their Wedding (video, Photo) / Two Sisters Wed Same Time In Zaria, Kaduna State (Photos) / Girl Slays In Her 5th Birthday Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.