Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,975 members, 7,803,232 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? - Events (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? (34116 Views)

Jim Beam Bartender Competition Worth N500k #jimbeammixoff / Win N500k In The Itel #igotthemoves Dance Competition / Apostle Suleman Gifts Football Juggler N500k After Showing Some Onderful Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by tosyne2much(m): 10:19am On Sep 26, 2017
hahn:

I am self employed tongue

But it is true that goes to a large extent to show just how nonsensical the whole concept of religion is. Theists are constantly looking for people to share in their delusion and if you don't you are an enemy

Since my family know I do not believe in their god they are acting funnier than usual and I really do not care. Who dem epp? undecided
Even a family will not give their daughter in marriage to you the moment they notice you're an atheist based on say atheists na evil people cheesy
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by phiszo(m): 10:20am On Sep 26, 2017
MrBigiman:

Thanks. So far I have managed to save 800k. I told the lady we should try and budget 500k, so we still have some change but she claim I don't value her and says I should step it up to 1.4m. She also say I must buy a ride, DAT she can't be married and trekking.
That's not a wife material. I just hope you won't make a big mistake
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by hahn(m): 10:29am On Sep 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
Even a family will not give their daughter in marriage to you the moment they notice you're an atheist based on say atheists na evil people cheesy

Lol. True

But I was not an atheist when I married my wife. I'd say agnostic

I dumped God in the trash during our marriage and so has she cheesy grin
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by tosyne2much(m): 10:37am On Sep 26, 2017
hahn:

Lol. True

Hahaha cheesy It's funny how you were able to convince your wife that God doesn't exist and she didn't cast and bind the devil in you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by hahn(m): 10:54am On Sep 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
Hahaha cheesy It's funny how you were able to convince your wife that God doesn't exist and she didn't cast and bind the devil in you cheesy

It was not much about convincing

So one day we were praying and all of a sudden it hit me. "I am talking to myself. There is no god listening"

And things were rough o. Chai. No money no nothing

I stayed up thinking about the whole issue and the more I thought about it the more it became obvious that it is all bullshit. I don't need to pray to anyone. Whatever problem I have will have to be resolved by myself. I need to find the solutions

That was when I knew God is nothing but a figment of the imagination

So the next day I told her, "Honey, I can no longer pray because it has occurred to me that all this is not real. I cannot go on deceiving myself. If you want to continue then fine but leave me out of it"

She was so shocked. Lol. And she was a very churchy type before she met me

So, we started having debates and discussions and she also began seeing the bigger picture. Funny enough, things have gotten way better for us as we have discovered that in order to reach our goals we have to work towards it.

And there is nothing better than the freedom of being able to use your own brain and not be subjected to the will of one fancy ass fraud that calls himself a pastor smiley
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by segunojo866: 11:57am On Sep 26, 2017
hahn:

Lol. True

shocked so on Sunday your kids don't go to church. Cold blooded
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by hahn(m): 12:00pm On Sep 26, 2017
segunojo866:
shocked so on Sunday your kids don't go to church. Cold blooded

We do not have kids yet but wifey will soon deliver our first child

On Sundays we will sit and watch movies and eat chicken or go out to swim

No time for yama yama cheesy
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by segunojo866: 12:04pm On Sep 26, 2017
hahn:

We do not have kids yet but wifey will soon deliver our first child

On Sundays we will sit and watch movies and eat chicken or go out to swim

No time for yama yama cheesy
congrats on your up coming baby.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by hahn(m): 12:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
segunojo866:
congrats on your up coming baby.

Thanks
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Adadioranma79(f): 1:04pm On Sep 26, 2017
Really? You dont know what a big smile represents?
Acidosis:
LOL

What's that for? cheesy
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by tosyne2much(m): 1:05pm On Sep 26, 2017
hahn:

It was not much about convincing

So one day we were praying and all of a sudden it hit me. "I am talking to myself. There is no god listening"

And things were rough o. Chai. No money no nothing

I stayed up thinking about the whole issue and the more I thought about it the more it became obvious that it is all bullshit. I don't need to pray to anyone. Whatever problem I have will have to be resolved by myself. I need to find the solutions

That was when I knew God is nothing but a figment of the imagination

So the next day I told her, "Honey, I can no longer pray because it has occurred to me that all this is not real. I cannot go on deceiving myself. If you want to continue then fine but leave me out of it"

She was so shocked. Lol. And she was a very churchy type before she met me

So, we started having debates and discussions and she also began seeing the bigger picture. Funny enough, things have gotten way better for us as we have discovered that in order to reach our goals we have to work towards it.

And there is nothing better than the freedom of being able to use your own brain and not be subjected to the will of one fancy ass fraud that calls himself a pastor smiley
Woooow! So, ever since then both of you ceased going to church?
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Acidosis(m): 2:35pm On Sep 26, 2017
Adadioranma79:
Really? You dont know what a big smile represents?
blushing??
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by hahn(m): 3:27pm On Sep 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
Woooow! So, ever since then both of you ceased going to church?

We never went to church though. And every religious activity stopped
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Adadioranma79(f): 3:29pm On Sep 26, 2017
Lol, you like quarel pass fight
Acidosis:
blushing??

1 Like

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Acidosis(m): 4:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
Adadioranma79:
grin grin
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Acidosis(m): 4:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
Adadioranma79:
grin grin
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by franchuks(m): 7:20pm On Sep 26, 2017
Windflower:

You should flee from such woman,500k should be enough to have a nice wedding. You shouldn't spend all your savings on a wedding.
You would only remember your wedding day via pictures, thats all,even your guest would have forgotten your wedding day within a short period of time.
In addition,out of the remaining 300k use like 50k and stock up food in the house that will last for a long time
Save little in your account in case of emergency
Use the rest to reinvest in your business if you already have one,if ure still on a salary job,look for a business you can start with the rest.
Its better to have multiple source of income as a family man,anything can happen to that job or that business
You should always be prepared
Instead of buying a car,even if you have the money buy a land first,I know of someone who used his NYSC savings to acquire a piece of land,he was collecting 70,000 monthly after service and continued to live with his parent,within a space of three years he had finished building his house,now he is married.he did a low budget wedding.

Well said. I fully opine with you!
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by ScienceWatch: 9:55am On Sep 27, 2017
hahn:

Lol. True

I believe what Hahn is saying here. But read between the lines readers. Learn from his cheap psychology !
On a deeper more scary level he is saying to the world, DONT TRUST ME !

Hahn is also unwittingly revealing the heartless dark side of Atheism by proudly saying, "look what I have done to the woman that I married, I deceived her by making her believe that "Agnostic" is cool, but in my heart I hate God and everyone connect to God."

Hahn is in effect saying that, AFTER THE MARRIAGE, I SHOWED MY TRUE DARK COLORS.

Woman can be deceived for a while. But scientific studies reveal that they are much more intelligent than men. A Women scorned, is a dangerous enemy. Hahn is getting his education from her now.

Hahn Must remain in the dark. He has revealed that he has sold his soul to Satan. Satan is his chosen master, dont be fooled !

Wise women will never marry an Atheist, unless they are deceived. Finally they escape from hell.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by hahn(m): 10:09am On Sep 27, 2017
ScienceWatch:
I believe what Hahn is saying here. But read between the lines readers. Learn from his cheap psychology !
On a deeper more scary level he is saying to the world, DONT TRUST ME !

Hahn is also unwittingly revealing the heartless dark side of Atheism by proudly saying, "look what I have done to the woman that I married, I deceived her by making her believe that "Agnostic" is cool, but in my heart I hate God and everyone connect to God."

Hahn is in effect saying that, AFTER THE MARRIAGE, I SHOWED MY TRUE DARK COLORS.

Woman can be deceived for a while. But scientific studies reveal that they are much more intelligent than men. A Women scorned, is a dangerous enemy. Hahn is getting his education from her now.

Hahn Must remain in the dark. He has revealed that he has sold his soul to Satan. Satan is his chosen master, dont be fooled !

Wise women will never marry an Atheist, unless they are deceived. Finally they escape from hell.

Take and eat. You will be okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:04pm On Sep 27, 2017
Hantonia:
Even If U Wana Do A Church Weddin A Fam Friend Did Hers In D Church Chapel Catholic Thou It Was Jst Close Fam Nd Friends Wit D Witnes Sikena Jst Light Refreshment
that one is good, do non catholics have a similar option.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Hantonia(f): 7:25pm On Sep 27, 2017
Ubenedictus:
that one is good, do non catholics have a similar option.
Am A Catholic Dont Knw Abt Oda Churches
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 27, 2017
MrBigiman:

Thanks. So far I have managed to save 800k. I told the lady we should try and budget 500k, so we still have some change but she claim I don't value her and says I should step it up to 1.4m. She also say I must buy a ride, DAT she can't be married and trekking.

Haha.

The ones wey get ride, need house.

The ones wey get house need aeroplane.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2017
queenfav:
lwkmd.. Sorry but is she kidding ? How old is she? Your woman shud be able to plan arnd what u have. I am having my trad and registry marriage this December.The registry wedding will be a private affair, just few persons going with us.For the trad, we are planning for only 200 guests. Finally, we no go spend pass 800k.We settled for that to cut costs and save money for projects that will benefit our lives. Better that way, than clearing our account just so we can have a society wedding to the detriment of our finances. My point is she should be concerned abt your lives after marriage than a one day affair. Thankfully i and le boo are very real about our finances. We have a lot to do with money after marriage, hence decided to do what we can easily afford . If she wants you to steal, no wahala. But u have to sit her down and let her know what u can afford. I am sure she is trying to impress friends. Just tell her to be realistic. What you spend getting married isn't a guarantee that the union will be a happy one. Left to me sef, i would just walk into a registry, get married in jeans and go on vacation with d money i would have used to feed crowd. An older friend of mine told me how she and her husband got married with 25k,and they are still happily married after many years. They didn't have a reception, just paid for food for few friends who followed them to a restaurant. Bottom lime, she has to understand and plan with what u have, except she wants to assist u financially. Don't empty your account because you want to marry, it's just one day. Una no go chop love o! Have a budget and stick to it. You guys will be fine with good planning.

Realistic..
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2017
Ayo4251:
When ordinary cow is 250k.......i don't think 500k will do

Your cow is too cheap. There are cows of N400k

Should we fry garri for you ?
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by mrsborn27(f): 11:17pm On Sep 27, 2017
Yes 500k is enough to give you a classy wedding ,because we can work with your budget and give you a memorable event .just give us a call @ 07034595155
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:07am On Sep 28, 2017
Hantonia:
Am A Catholic Dont Knw Abt Oda Churches
its all good

1 Like

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by samuel19222(m): 3:09pm On Oct 03, 2017
bapon1:
Where you come from self u

Space
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by ArcToyin(m): 2:22pm On Oct 28, 2017
I must confess, i saw wonderful and helpful contribution here. They are really going to help in decision taking. Kudos to all.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by MrBigiman: 10:04pm On Oct 29, 2017
Read through d comments again. Thank you all.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by J0hnTrevolt(m): 10:00am On Nov 19, 2017
MrBigiman u don finally marry? grin
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by MrBigiman: 11:29am On Nov 19, 2017
J0hnTrevolt:
MrBigiman u don finally marry? grin

Even the 500k, I still dey pray for God to provide. I don invest d money and returns never show. Next year God go do am.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by J0hnTrevolt(m): 11:32am On Nov 19, 2017
MrBigiman:

Even the 500k, I still dey pray for God to provide. I don invest d money and returns never show. Next year God go do am.
Amiiiiiin! I wish you the best bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Couple Engage In Money Spraying Competition At Their Wedding (video, Photo) / Girl Slays In Her 5th Birthday Photos / Two Sisters Wed Same Time In Zaria, Kaduna State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.