Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,031 members, 7,803,464 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Tips For Ulcer, Please. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tips For Ulcer, Please. (3434 Views)

If You Treat Ulcer Please Hopp In / Help! Suggest Your Best Treatment For Chronic Ulcer Please. / Mebo GI Capsules For Ulcer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips For Ulcer, Please. by Krystalzkris(f): 2:30am On Sep 21, 2017
who can help with tips to manage or control ulcer. I can't sleep. in fact, if you know anything else that could cure it faster than drugs, your help will be needed. thanks people.
Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by ichommy(m): 2:37am On Sep 21, 2017
Dear, I understand what you are passing through.

Hi everyone, I discovered a lot of people have been asking for solutions, remedies and cure for ulcer. I have some tips and advise to give as regards that.

I have had ulcer for almost 6years now, and I can tell u its not been funny. Vomiting, stooling with blood, intense pains overnight, chronic heartburn, etc.

Recently I started a few natural remedies, and I have felt relief that I've never known in my life. And now I know that the end of ulcer is here!

There are a few things u should know. I have seen a lot of doctors, and I can tell u, they all prescribe the same things. Antacids, antibiotics(flagyl, amoxicillin, cimetidine, etc) or a combination of d two with omeprazole tablets (meprasil, rabeprazole, ulcertret, omez, etc). Some prescribe Ulcer kits. Its the same combination( pyrox combi, ulsa-kit, etc). They usually prescribe dis for 2wks or less, depending on the intensity of the pain.

I have taken all this medications a number of times, and though it may provide relief for a while, it doesn't cure the ulcer.

The worst part is the adverse effects of taking this strong antibiotics(e.g flagyl) which leads to stomach pain, vomiting, dehydration, loss of appetite and all.

Attimes it could get so bad that u just have to stop them.

All this things av their own effects on the body, its more complex for us females as I discovered it affects my cycle attimes.

After a while, maybe a month or 2, d pain comes back and u begin the treatment again. Its crazy I tell u.

Anyways, here are a few remedies that every ulcer patient must know especially when pain becomes recurrent:

1. Stop taking fried foods( fried meat or fish, plantain etc) or too oily meals (fried rice).

2. Stay away from spicy foods( suya, pepper soup, etc)

3. Stay away from hard. And crunchy snacks ( plantain chips, potato chips etc)

4. Avoid carbonated drinks! ( Coke, malt, sprite la casera, etc). They cause a lot of pain for an ulcer patient. Take plenty of water instead, or drink youghurt.

5. Avoid mint sweets (lemon plus, peppermint, tom-tom and the likes). Also don't take garri, or rough meals like eba.

Here are some healthy things you should do.

1. Take plenty of water. Take at least a litre of water every morning when u wake up.
Thus helps to dilute the acid your stomach may av secreted over nite.

2. Eat swallows more with draw soup, (ewedu, okro, etc less of egusi)

3. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. E.g bananas, apples, watermelon, avocado, cucumber, carrots and cabbage. ORANGES ARE NOT GOOD FOR ULCER PATIENTS.

4. If u can get apple cider vinegar(ACV), its good for heartburns and ulcer too. Just add like 2tablespoons of it into a glass of water.
It gives relief. Research just showed dat antacids are not too good for heartburns.
5. Eat in bits. A little at a time, so ur stomach can digest it in bits. Always av snacks like biscuits, banana, with you if u know in case you are hungry.
6. Too much of some nuts, may cause pains. (E.g groudnut, walnut, cashew nuts.) NEVER eat ROASTED CORN. Its rough and can cause the ulcer to bleed, hence causing pain.
I did some research online, and I found a few natural remedies.
1. Grate like 8 unripe plantains in 4-5litres of water in a keg. Let it ferment for at least 48hrs. Take a cup at least 3 or 4 times a day, in the morning afternoon and night, and before u sleep. Its preferable if u take it an hour before meals. I have been using this particular therapy and its working wonders! Take it for like 3weeks or so. It has no side effects that I av seen so far, just adhere to d normal ulcer do's and donts.

2. Cabbage juice has been found to heal ulcers too.

I tried it but couldn't tolerate it for long cos it was making me feel like vomiting. Heard its good if u blend with carrot and drink. Its should be taken instantly for best results.

Don't store d juice in a fridge. It can make u stool a little, but it worked well when I used it.

3. While this natural remedies are good, it doesn't mean you should stay away from your doctor. Make sure you have a doctor that's monitoring you.

Most of all, its all this things I av written require discipline. There is nothing like a peaceful mind too. Worry less, and stay stress free.
Then trust for a good health cause he is the one who gives health and peace!

I hope i have helped quite a number of people with this. Thanks. I would reply to any questions u have.

Link

https://www.nairaland.com/1423578/tips-curing-ulcers-living-healthy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by Abrahamayeh(m): 7:05am On Sep 21, 2017
Tnkiu so much for this piece of information
Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by hahn(m): 10:04am On Sep 21, 2017
Krystalzkris:
who can help with tips to manage or control ulcer. I can't sleep. in fact, if you know anything else that could cure it faster than drugs, your help will be needed. thanks people.

Ulcer is a terrible thing

My mom died of ulcer when hers became cancerous and I can definitely understand what you went through

There is a natural remedy I used on her once. I got the idea from a friend

Get unripe plantain. The type that is still on the trees.

Cut into pieces and then soak in water. It helped her a lot but we had to leave where we were staying and moved somewhere else where, unfortunately, we did not have access to it.

I hope this helps

cc: ichommy
Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by Krystalzkris(f): 12:25pm On Sep 21, 2017
hahn:

My mom died of ulcer when hers became cancerous and I can definitely understand what you went through

Cut into pieces and then soak in water. It helped her a lot but we had to leave where we were staying and moved somewhere else where, unfortunately, we did not have access to it.

I hope this helps

How many days will I soak it?
Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by Krystalzkris(f): 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2017
ichommy:

Hi everyone, I discovered a lot of people have been asking for solutions, remedies and cure for ulcer. I have some tips and advise to give as regards that.

I have had ulcer for almost 6years now, and I can tell u its not been funny. Vomiting, stooling with blood, intense pains overnight, chronic heartburn, etc.

Recently I started a few natural remedies, and I have felt relief that I've never known in my life. And now I know that the end of ulcer is here!

There are a few things u should know. I have seen a lot of doctors, and I can tell u, they all prescribe the same things. Antacids, antibiotics(flagyl, amoxicillin, cimetidine, etc) or a combination of d two with omeprazole tablets (meprasil, rabeprazole, ulcertret, omez, etc). Some prescribe Ulcer kits. Its the same combination( pyrox combi, ulsa-kit, etc). They usually prescribe dis for 2wks or less, depending on the intensity of the pain.

I have taken all this medications a number of times, and though it may provide relief for a while, it doesn't cure the ulcer.

The worst part is the adverse effects of taking this strong antibiotics(e.g flagyl) which leads to stomach pain, vomiting, dehydration, loss of appetite and all.

All this things av their own effects on the body, its more complex for us females as I discovered it affects my cycle attimes.

After a while, maybe a month or 2, d pain comes back and u begin the treatment again. Its crazy I tell u.

Anyways, here are a few remedies that every ulcer patient must know especially when pain becomes recurrent:

1. Stop taking fried foods( fried meat or fish, plantain etc) or too oily meals (fried rice).

4. Avoid carbonated drinks! ( Coke, malt, sprite la casera, etc). They cause a lot of pain for an ulcer patient. Take plenty of water instead, or drink youghurt.

5. Avoid mint sweets (lemon plus, peppermint, tom-tom and the likes). Also don't take garri, or rough meals like eba.

1. Take plenty of water. Take at least a litre of water every morning when u wake up.

3. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. E.g bananas, apples, watermelon, avocado, cucumber, carrots and cabbage. ORANGES ARE NOT GOOD FOR ULCER PATIENTS.

4. If u can get apple cider vinegar(ACV), its good for heartburns and ulcer too. Just add like 2tablespoons of it into a glass of water.
It gives relief. Research just showed dat antacids are not too good for heartburns.
5. Eat in bits. A little at a time, so ur stomach can digest it in bits. Always av snacks like biscuits, banana, with you if u know in case you are hungry.
6. Too much of some nuts, may cause pains. (E.g groudnut, walnut, cashew nuts.) NEVER eat ROASTED CORN. Its rough and can cause the ulcer to bleed, hence causing pain.
1. Grate like 8 unripe plantains in 4-5litres of water in a keg. Let it ferment for at least 48hrs. Take a cup at least 3 or 4 times a day, in the morning afternoon and night, and before u sleep. Its preferable if u take it an hour before meals. I have been using this particular therapy and its working wonders! Take it for like 3weeks or so. It has no side effects that I av seen so far, just adhere to d normal ulcer do's and donts.

I tried it but couldn't tolerate it for long cos it was making me feel like vomiting. Heard its good if u blend with carrot and drink. Its should be taken instantly for best results.

Don't store d juice in a fridge. It can make u stool a little, but it worked well when I used it.

3. While this natural remedies are good, it doesn't mean you should stay away from your doctor. Make sure you have a doctor that's monitoring you.

Most of all, its all this things I av written require discipline. There is nothing like a peaceful mind too. Worry less, and stay stress free.

I hope i have helped quite a number of people with this. Thanks. I would reply to any questions u have.

Link

with all these things you listed above to be avoided, I feel I might just die. I'm a student and all these things are like my day to day foods. How do I even start?
Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by Krystalzkris(f): 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2017
Thanks ichommy.. ..i will try to heed them. Even though I might not be able to heed to them totally. Can I drink milk? Because I found out beans is evil Now.. My best food before. sad embarassed
Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by fannybaby(f): 7:09pm On Sep 21, 2017
nice tips kiss kiss
Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by hahn(m): 9:09am On Sep 22, 2017
Krystalzkris:

Overnight is okay
Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by hahn(m): 9:10am On Sep 22, 2017
Krystalzkris:

And I forgot to add you will drink the water after soaking
Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by Krystalzkris(f): 9:21am On Sep 22, 2017
hahn:

Overnight is okay
ok..thanks..
Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by stevewale(m): 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2017
I definitely can understand what you're going through cos mine started 4 years ago and have spent a whole lot of $$$ cos the doctors here would always make me do one test or the other after the medication the prescribed for me didn't work.

I just finished using an expensive Amitiza drugs but nothing happened. I did a CT Abdomen scan with contrast last week alongside different blood tests and the results came out clean (good and bad news ... goodnews that all the scan results shows my body systems are ok but badnews is it couldn't see why i keep having severe pain�) meanwhile my dumb ass insurance wouldn't pay all these drugs and tests money cos I have high deductible.

Have once read about all those stuffs that guy listed i to be avoided sometimes ago but ignored it cos i eat all those alot too. Right now, I'd follow all the advice and stay clear of those things and try the unripe plantain again while I still proceed with my remaining tests.

I'd advise you to do it too. Also, if you're having constipation with yours, you can be putting olive oil in a little water to drink ... it helps
Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by empire2017(m): 3:04pm On Sep 22, 2017
hahn:

I hope this helps

u jst said whatz on my mind,in addition to raw akamu nd peak milk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by Arijude(m): 9:44pm On Sep 22, 2017
ichommy:

Link

thank you br
Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by Arijude(m): 9:44pm On Sep 22, 2017
ichommy:

Link

thank you bro
Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by Arijude(m): 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2017
hahn:

I hope this helps

bro should I cut it with the back or after peeling it off?
Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by hahn(m): 10:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
Arijude:
bro should I cut it with the back or after peeling it off?

After peeling it off

Remember it is the unripe one from the tree. And be careful when cutting it because the liquid stuff that comes out of it will stain your clothes if it touches it
Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by Arijude(m): 10:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
hahn:

After peeling it off

Remember it is the unripe one from the tree. And be careful when cutting it because the liquid stuff that comes out of it will stain your clothes if it touches it
ok thank you very much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by hahn(m): 10:56pm On Sep 22, 2017
Arijude:
ok thank you very much

You are welcome smiley
Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by HOSTCOM(m): 11:25pm On Sep 22, 2017
I cured my with some products i bought from one man from Ibadan. Though abit expensive but it worked. He told me to share the testimony with people after im ok and thats why im putting his no here. I was permitted o. Blv it or not im free of ulcer. You can Try his no Zero-seven-zero-thirty-five-zero-seven-nineteen-seventy-one
Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by ichommy(m): 6:21am On Sep 23, 2017
Krystalzkris:
Thanks ichommy.. ..i will try to heed them. Even though I might not be able to heed to them totally. Can I drink milk? Because I found out beans is evil Now.. My best food before. sad embarassed

Low Cholesterol Milk, I.e Three Crowns, Olympic Milk.
Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by Krystalzkris(f): 8:06am On Sep 23, 2017
ichommy:

Low Cholesterol Milk, I.e Three Crowns, Olympic Milk.
ok.thank you. The pains are reducing
Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by ichommy(m): 1:04am On Sep 24, 2017
Krystalzkris:
ok.thank you. The pains are reducing

Glad to know......
Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by udysweet(f): 7:01am On Sep 24, 2017
Hmmmmm see my people before before lol (I call it before before because I don't want to ever go down that route again) 2002,2006,part of 2010 were one of the worst cases of ulcer I had. It's an expensive painful and inconvenient illness. Pain shoots thru your stomach, back infact it's terrible. The 2002 episode I took all sorts, cimetidine, Zantac, histac, omepraxole and all. I was placed on a 52days treatment of Flagyl amoxil and one other antibiotics wch had confusion as the side effects (antibiotics was for the H pylori that's responsible for the ulcer an organism or so) 2006 that was when they listed what someone wrote above, I just told the doctor at the general hospital that na die remains na grin. No beans and beans derivatives. Don't eat eba at night. No spicy /fried foods. No cola drinks, no kolanut (I don't eat it sef) etc. As In you guys just took me back sha. Infact I did all sorts of tests, abdo pelvic scan, urine test evn HVS! I, drank magsil so much all my body was smelling drugs drugs, lol.
I think I had an episode in 2015 were I was prescribed Dazel kit among others.
I think one poster up there too got it, some things one needs to follow. From my observations ulcer isn't only about skipping meals sometimes its about the type of food we eat and also stress. If we've able to eat the right food, and stress less it won't trigger it. Because that thing kills. Pain felt is always out of this world.
Op I understand your plight as a student but you need to take measures to guard against future occurrence(I'm taking to myself too because sometimes we get carried away and start eating wat wil triggers it)
Happy Sunday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by pat077: 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2017
HOSTCOM:
I cured my with these supplements Alliance in motion global COMPLETE PHYTO ENERGIZER with MY CHOCO. Pls search it on google for prior knowledge. I Deliberately put this here cos i might be out of the country when someone will be believing this. But i will be on fb abidemi blessing kayode incase u need further support on how to use or where to get them. My current nigeria no is 07035071971. Health is wealth. Blv it or not im free of ulcer.
where can one get it and what is the cost
Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by Brownzola(m): 4:17am On Jan 11, 2018
pat077:
where can one get it and what is the cost
Lets talk privately sir/ma if you dont mind.
Re: Tips For Ulcer, Please. by Mcsenior(m): 6:57am On Jan 11, 2018
Visit NATURAL REMEDY LAB for free natural home made remedies for ulcer and other intestestinal disorder.

Live Healthy...Stay Strong

(1) (Reply)

Professionals In The House Pls Help!!! My Fiancee Is Hipatisis B Positive / Herbal Treatment For Blocked Fallopian Tubes / This Lady Is Very Sick In Ghana, Her Family Should Come Fast To Take Her Home.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.