Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Managing Director Remanded In Prison For Pirating Nigerian Weekly Law Reports - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Managing Director Remanded In Prison For Pirating Nigerian Weekly Law Reports (12975 Views)

Alaba Market Sellers Arrested And Detained In Prison For Pirating Movies / 5 Alaba Traders Remanded In Prison For Pirating Nollywood Movies / Teenage Girl Who Stabbed Boyfriend To Death In Lagos Remanded In Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Managing Director Remanded In Prison For Pirating Nigerian Weekly Law Reports by stevecantrell: 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2017
wagazala:
Of all books to pirate. He go pirate lawyer book. cheesy

Re: Managing Director Remanded In Prison For Pirating Nigerian Weekly Law Reports by MarieSucre(f): 4:40pm On Sep 21, 2017
Na wa o. Anyways Buhari is fighting corruption so no shaking.
Re: Managing Director Remanded In Prison For Pirating Nigerian Weekly Law Reports by hasaan79: 6:46am On Sep 22, 2017
I was just gathered information that d said guy is one of strong agent to the publication company and he has transacted million of naira with d organization and the publication company refused to upload his picture when he transacted millions of naira to their company account.

my source also informed me that u can go to d company and check their transaction records, the fact is there.

and instead to inform d public that no fact on ground shows that d guy pirates d said books as alleged but his confession statement shows that he brought d books unknown to be pirated copies.

at d court, d charge of his alleged offence wasn't read to him and he didn't take his plea. becos d prosecutor only brought a form of remand.
Re: Managing Director Remanded In Prison For Pirating Nigerian Weekly Law Reports by hasaan79: 7:05am On Sep 22, 2017
I have gathered information that d guy is one of d strong agent in d publication company and he has transacted millions of naira with d organization and the publication company refused to upload his picture when he transacted millions of naira with d organization.

D source also informed me that d fact of d transactions was in d publication company record books. he said, he bought all their Nigerian weekly law report and paid above #3,000,000.00. but d company refused to come online. he bought 2set of Nigerian weekly law report index (4copies) without knowing and d company forget about all d good days.

At d court, I was told that, d charge of offence wasn't read to him and he didn't take his plea. becos d prosecutor brought a form of remand.
Re: Managing Director Remanded In Prison For Pirating Nigerian Weekly Law Reports by hasaan79: 8:14pm On Sep 22, 2017
The Supreme Court in Onagoruwa v. State (1992) 2 NWLR (Pt. 221) 33 at 54 explained the concept in the following language: “In a good number of cases, the police in this country rush to court on what they generally refer to as a holding charge ever before they conduct investigations, though there is nothing known to law as “holding charge”…. Where the investigation does not succeed in assembling the relevant evidence to prosecute the accused to secure conviction, the best discretion is to abandon the matter and throw in the towel… On no account should it go out of its way in search of evidence to prosecute the accused when it is not there. When it degenerates to such a situation of “hunting down”, the prosecution is no more regarded as the prosecutor but as a persecutor. And that is not consistent with the philosophy of our adversary system of adjudication.”

(1) (2) (Reply)

30-Year-Old Man Who Fingered 7-Year-Old Girl Granted N500,000 Bail / FRSC Marshal Killed, Two Others Kidnapped Along Kaduna-abuja Road / Back From Ethiopian Prison, Ex-Convict Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.