Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,247 members, 7,780,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:39 PM

Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday (21928 Views)

What Happened In Osun And Ekiti States Will Not Happen Again' - Nyesom Wike / Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection / Idi-Iroko Bridge That Links Osun And Oyo Collapses After Heavy Rainfall (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by FriendNG: 11:42am On Sep 21, 2017
FeloniousFelon:

But your Mohammed copied from it?

The 40 day lent fasting and whatnot is similar to your own Eid-el Kabir

You can not degenerate what your religion copied from

How can 40day fasting be similar to eid Kabir? Do Muslim far during Eid Kabir. You don't even know what you're writing. Go and ask your pastor then come back to argue.

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 21, 2017
efighter:

But Easter holiday, Xmas holiday and New Year holiday are not means of Christianizing Nigeria. I think you need your brain examined.

They are national holidays, Christians n Muslims get their own oo
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Xbee007(m): 11:42am On Sep 21, 2017
AlanTuringAI:

Count Ondo and Ekiti states out of that islamization ish cos Muslims in those states are very minute. Didn't you see how the Muslim union were crying all over the media of being marginalized in Ondo state during the last elections as the candidates for Governor and Deputy governor in the major parties-APC and PDP were all Christians. This is not the same for Oyo, Osun and Kwara states particularly (Kwara is even worse).
Kwara is worse in what? Can't people practise their religion in peace or does the holiday take anything away from you and your entire family?
Kilo man sé awon oponu to kun ori nl yi self. Oga o!

3 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by heysquare(m): 11:43am On Sep 21, 2017
mazimee:

Those holidays you mentioned are recognized world wide, it is not new in our society. Stop sounding like a slow poke
is January 1st recognised worldwide? shud muslims say d use of gregorian calendar wc was invented by christians is a form of christening nigeria? we adopted gregorian calendar because we wr colonised by christian's nation. so its not christians dat supposed to be shouting islamizing cos south as a whole has been christianized alrdy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by shallysgirl: 11:43am On Sep 21, 2017
It's just a pity they chose to live in denial. Thank God some of them are now speaking out. May God help them.
Yakkasai is already hinting that yorubaland is 65%muslim and it will soon become official. That was how they turned most middle belt and some core northern states with 50-50christian-muslim population to Islamic states.
Even the south east and south may not be free cos our politicians are sick and compromised. We must sit up and be on the alert.
Ngokafor:

Interesting...Kano and osun gone..more to follow..This is how it starts,one after another untill the much acclaimed and denied islamisation takes place..

SE and SS should be alert before its too late..SW is half gone with the caliphate already afterall the Christians there say they are one with their muslim counter-parts in all they say or do

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Walelavender(m): 11:45am On Sep 21, 2017
AlanTuringAI:

Count Ondo and Ekiti states out of that islamization ish cos Muslims in those states are very minute. Didn't you see how the Muslim union were crying all over the media of being marginalized in Ondo state during the last elections as the candidates for Governor and Deputy governor in the major parties-APC and PDP were all Christians. This is not the same for Oyo, Osun and Kwara states particularly (Kwara is even worse).
Take out Kwara. For Osun Lagos Oyo and Ogun; its either you have the Governor as Muslim and deputy a Christian or vice versa. Equally divided. There was a time in the same Osun State where the Governor and the deputy were Christians; Olagunsoye and Erelu Obada respectively. Aregbe is only playing politics with religion in Osun state. He's too small to carry out such an agenda

2 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by OBAGADAFFI: 11:46am On Sep 21, 2017
Goke7:
state holidays are not recognized by the private sector, all states except where it is declared and FG agencies so what's the fuss here?

some states even declare 3 pubic holidays to mourn the loss of their hero. some SW states still observe June 12 so what's our problem even ipob declare holidays on behalf of their state governors and no one breaks anybody's head here

Only religious bigots are wailing as usual, awon were!
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Goke7: 11:46am On Sep 21, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Its not about wailing.

Nigeria is a secular state with defined Calendar.

Aregbe is using Dual Calendar for Osun-State.

there is also another holiday for the traditional worshipers, will be waiting for you guys to open another thread for that one too if not you guys are just hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Orjralozie: 11:46am On Sep 21, 2017
I will be very happy to see Nigeria Islamized more especially all the Yoruba states. When the time comes they wouldn't see the Igbo's to fight for them. Prophecy most be fulfilled is just a matter of time
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by FeloniousFelon: 11:46am On Sep 21, 2017
FriendNG:

How can 40day fasting be similar to eid Kabir? Do Muslim far during Eid Kabir. You don't even know what you're writing. Go and ask your pastor then come back to argue.

Your confusion is coming from accepting a lie as a fact.

5 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 11:46am On Sep 21, 2017
HAPPY NEW YEAR 1439AH TO YOU ALL.

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by FeloniousFelon: 11:48am On Sep 21, 2017
FriendNG:

"Political correctness is communist propaganda. In my study of communist societies, I came to the conclusion that the purpose of communist propaganda was not to persuade or convince, nor to inform, but to humiliate; and therefore, the less it corresponded to reality the better. When people are forced to remain silent when they are being told the most obvious lies, or even worse when they are forced to repeat the lies themselves, they lose once and for all their sense of probity. To assent to obvious lies is to co-operate with evil, and in some small way to become evil oneself. One’s standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A society of emasculated liars is easy to control. I think if you examine political correctness, it has the same effect and is intended to."

—Theodore Dalrymple, “Our Culture, What’s Left Of It”

2 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by SaintNemesis(f): 11:48am On Sep 21, 2017
Religion is part of the matrix used to control the sleeping people of the world. Karl. Marx summed it up when he referred to religion as the opium of the people.
When will Africans wake up? Germany is one of the most advanced nations in the world with crime at the barest minimum.
Nigerians are the most religious people with the highest crime rate, hate for one another, no love for your neighbour and you all come to argue about Islamisation and Christianisation.
Does declaring religious holidays bring love or development?
The only true religion is love. Love your neighbour as you do yourself. That's what Christ came to preach and not Christianity.
Things are happening around the world, a new wave of consciousness is around and all my people do is argue about religion. Can't you see religion is used to divide us. Please let us wake up to love and begin to see each other as extensions of ourselves. I send love and light to everyone reading this post. Please wake up to love.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by PrinceGallant: 11:49am On Sep 21, 2017
FeloniousFelon:

I always love your open display of radicalism.

This is what we get when we have a highly divisive bigot in-charge of affairs - no more middle ground , just radicals like yourself.

Now you want your Islamic Sh1t hole but we don't want any fcking thing to do with your caliphate.

What do we do? Do we bend like Yoruba muslim cowards? Or do we do another Desvult?

For every Jihad there is a fcking crusade.

Remember that last line

Your stupidity knows no bounds. In fact, you really proved the one who called you foolish and lost sheep very right. Chai, can't you read between lines? Hatred has beclouded your sense of reasoning, indeed, you are what you proved yourself to be. What has come to "bend like Yoruba muslim cowards"? A bigot will always manifest his bigotry. Woe unto you!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by FeloniousFelon: 11:50am On Sep 21, 2017
ALMUSTAQIM:
HAPPY NEW YEAR 1439AH TO YOU ALL.

Happy New year

How is life in the medieval era?

Have you guys figured out that drinking one's urine won't help stop the demons that cause diseases?

Well, hope all is alright. We in the 21st century don't have it all that bad but I would like to live in an era where I can exchange a goat for a 12yr old sex slave.

Pls do have a nice day and happy new year again.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by centboy123456(m): 11:50am On Sep 21, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Yorubaland is gone. I would rather be a 4th class citizen in Europe than live in an Islamic society. I love my tribe but we lost it with the 2015 elections. We were deceived in the millions.

now u see what we are talking about Nigeria u see why biafra want to u see what is happening in Nigeria
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by FriendNG: 11:51am On Sep 21, 2017
FeloniousFelon:

"Political correctness is communist propaganda. In my study of communist societies, I came to the conclusion that the purpose of communist propaganda was not to persuade or convince, nor to inform, but to humiliate; and therefore, the less it corresponded to reality the better. When people are forced to remain silent when they are being told the most obvious lies, or even worse when they are forced to repeat the lies themselves, they lose once and for all their sense of probity. To assent to obvious lies is to co-operate with evil, and in some small way to become evil oneself. One’s standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A society of emasculated liars is easy to control. I think if you examine political correctness, it has the same effect and is intended to."

—Theodore Dalrymple, “Our Culture, What’s Left Of It”

How does this relate to my Post.

Being politically correct is whats giving you guys the audacity to challenge and wail about Islam.

If not for political correctness Friday will either be holiday or Sunday will be scrapped. They should give you 2 hours on Sunday to go and pray.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by FeloniousFelon: 11:52am On Sep 21, 2017
PrinceGallant:

[s]Your stupidity knows no bounds. In fact, you really proved the one who called you foolish and lost sheep very right. Chai, can't you read between lines? Hatred has beclouded your sense of reasoning, indeed, you are what you proved yourself to be. What has come to "bend like Yoruba muslim cowards"? A bigot will always manifest his bigotry. Woe unto you![/s]

Take that you mohammedian heathen

2 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by FeloniousFelon: 11:53am On Sep 21, 2017
FriendNG:

How does this relate to my Post.

Being politically correct is whats giving you guys the audacity to challenge and wail about Islam.

If not for political correctness Friday will either be holiday or Sunday will be scrapped. They should give you 2 hours on Sunday to go and pray.

Keep Calm

and always remember that Jihad works both ways

2 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Xbee007(m): 11:54am On Sep 21, 2017
SuperStriker:

The point is that it did not start today but growing at an alarming rate now.
No it is not! The only problem is the increasing number of dumb Islamophobs. Just like the number of dumb tribalistic bigots are increasing. Things that we didn't take as threat then we are seeing as big problems now because of hate that has been eating deep into us.
I don't know the kind of preaching you guys get in your churches nowadays but most tribalists on NL are Christians. Una go pray side by side for church as if all is well only to come on NL after Sunday service to yab una self

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 21, 2017
Goke7:

there is also another holiday for the traditional worshipers, will be waiting for you guys to open another thread for that one too if not you guys are just hypocrites

Goke!!!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder, you are Muslim. Do you know I can swear for you for lying to me about your religion? I was nearly fooled you know. Pathological liar!

2 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by FeloniousFelon: 11:57am On Sep 21, 2017
Xbee007:

No it is not! The only problem is the increasing number of dumb Islamophobs. Just like the number of dumb tribalistic bigots are increasing. Things that we didn't take as threat then we are seeing as big problems now because of hate that has been eating deep into us.
I don't know the kind of preaching you guys get in your churches nowadays but most tribalists on NL are Christians. Una go pray side by side for church as if all is well only to come on NL after Sunday service to yab una self

The cure to muslim foolishness ...

A bad ass budhist
[img]http://psychai.files./2014/10/violence_horiz.jpg[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Azeeztaophic(m): 11:57am On Sep 21, 2017
nwaUrasi:
constitutional, It's an impeachment offenses.
but the legislature is always a rubble stamp.

am more concerned about Osun state, I believe there are things more important than the Islamic holiday that also require urgent attention.
like what did osun need?
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by shallysgirl: 12:01pm On Sep 21, 2017
It is the world's problem.you know it and I know it.
slimtoney:

Mumu people, please what are u afraid of. Have they in any way stop u from expressing and practicing you religion. Why are u people so apprehensive and feel unease each time Muslims express themselves.

Guess u should be afraid of the consequences of ur actions. Islam is not ur problem, u are ur own enemies.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by FriendNG: 12:02pm On Sep 21, 2017
nwaUrasi:
constitutional, It's an impeachment offenses.
but the legislature is always a rubble stamp.

am more concerned about Osun state, I believe there are things more important than the Islamic holiday that also require urgent attention.

Of course you're right. Good Friday And Easter Monday holidays are more important.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by activistjohnny(m): 12:02pm On Sep 21, 2017
This stupid holiday makes me not to do important things in the bank in osogbo today. All the banks were close today. Ogbeni has mission to islamize osun state. How could you be declaring holiday for islamic calendar. A lot of IGR will be lost with this stupid holiday. I strongly believe the next governor from PDP will abolish and remove this set of holiday he has been giving to himself. His second term tenure is disastrous.

3 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by OBAGADAFFI: 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2017
Goke7:

It it funny, the same Aregbe was boasting of high GDP, then he started crying when OIL prices crashed.

These 2 term gov’s have grown their debt profile by at least 50% annually

Data from the National Bureau of Statistics reveal the following 6 states have grown their local debt profile by about 49% and above using their compounded annual growth rate, CAGR.

The report is contained in the Bureau’s local and foreign debt profile for the Federal and State Government for the period ended June 30th, 2017.

According to the data made available Osun State’s debt has risen from N5.4 billion in 2011 to N147 billion as at June 30th 2017. This represents a compounded annual growth rate of about 73% annually. The person at the center of this borrowing is the State Governor, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola. He has been the governor of the state since November 2010 and has another year before he leaves office. At this rate he might end of with a debt of over N200 billion.

Next up is Oyo state with about N115.8 billion and was about N4.8 billion as at 2011. This represents an annualized growth rate of about 70%. The Governor of this state is Abiola Ajimobi, another Governor at the tail end of his second term. With a domestic debt of over N115 billion the governor is likely to leave his state in a worse debt profile than it was when he met it.

The third on the list is war torn Borno State with a total local debt profile of N30.9 billion as at June 2016. This represents a CAGR of about 62% for a state that is grappling with the activities of Boko Haram and has received major funding from the Federal Government in the form of North East Development Commission. Again, at the helm is a two term Governor, Kashim Shettima.

Nasarawa State is also on the list having grown its debt by 49% compounded annually to about N59 billion. The governor, Umaru Tanko Al-Makura is currently in his second term and basically led the charge to grow the states debt when he took office in 2013.

The list also includes other states that do not necessarily have two term governors but have seen their debt increase annualized by about 49% and above. In general, states have seen their debt grow from about N1.2 trillion to over N3 trillion at a compounded annual growth rate of 16%.

https://nairametrics.com/nigerian-states-fastest-growing-local-debt-profile-using-cagr/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by shallysgirl: 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2017
Yes they did but am sure they still celebrate their Islamic new year.
FeloniousFelon:
The funniest thing about all this madness is that even their saudi masters have since switched to the Gregorian calender
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Xbee007(m): 12:04pm On Sep 21, 2017
FeloniousFelon:

The cure to muslim foolishness ...

A bad ass budhist
[img]http://psychai.files./2014/10/violence_horiz.jpg[/img]
Don't worry the ethnic cleansing you preach is coming for you and everything you hold dear. Continue
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by rileest: 12:04pm On Sep 21, 2017
The Ignorance on this thread is almost alarming or I should rather say the lack of doing a little research before jumping to conclusion on a topic. Aregbesola has been running a multi religion government since he came into power so, this holiday is not a new thing. He even have a day set aside every year to commemorate traditional religion and just like this; that day is also a public holiday every year in Osun state, does that mean he also wants to turn the state to a traditional religion state??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Funkybabee(f): 12:05pm On Sep 21, 2017
ohun tan lo di e na nu
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Goke7: 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Goke!!!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder, you are Muslim. Do you know I can swear for you for lying to me about your religion? I was nearly fooled you know. Pathological liar!

your reverse psychology is not working bruv, opening a thread on a matter that has been existing over the years to cause war in yorubaland after your place has been devastated is indeed a shame especially denying the very place you actually come from. alcatraz you have finally been busted as an igbo person and not yoruba

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Presidency Lied On Buhari ICC Invitation – PDP / Edo primary: APC writes IGP, PTF to seek clearance for Uzodinma, others / Plots And Intrigues That Undid Oshiomhole’s NWC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.