Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday (22014 Views)

What Happened In Osun And Ekiti States Will Not Happen Again' - Nyesom Wike / Tinubu Urges FG To Declare Public Holiday For PVC Collection / Idi-Iroko Bridge That Links Osun And Oyo Collapses After Heavy Rainfall (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by olayinka63: 9:02pm On Sep 21, 2017
All of you going against the declaration should hug transformer. As if only Muslims in those states will enjoy the holiday without others. Till your death you will continue crying islamisation agenda yet no body will islamise you. ISLAMAPHOBIA

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by shallysgirl: 9:04pm On Sep 21, 2017
Until you convert, we must remain with you. Hang yourself or take a gun and shoot yourself in the head if you can't take it. odudupig.
konoplyanka:

no. we are all converting to Muslims so ipigs can leave our land.

Alcatraz and coloneldrake are packing already. what are you and your fellow osus waiting for?
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by konoplyanka: 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
shallysgirl:
Until you convert, we must remain with you. Hang yourself or take a gun and shoot yourself in the head if you can't take it. odudupig.

No. you and your accursed pigs from Biafra would die of hatred as Yoruba-irrespective of our religious differences continue to love one another until you choke on your islam and Yoruba phobia.

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by shallysgirl: 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2017
Sunday isn't public holiday.it is part of the weekend which starts on Friday.
Christian worship on one, two or all three days. Our God can be worshipped any day or time.
The weekend is for rest.
FriendNG:

Put that aisde we celebrate 52 sunday public holiday each year for going to church.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by shallysgirl: 9:31pm On Sep 21, 2017
See all this fake figures. Nigeria is 53% muslims. SMH for your lies.
firstolalekan:

You're a d0lt and a selfish retârd.

It's foools like you that usually causes religious crisis.

This is a country with 53% Muslims, 40% Christians and 7% others yet, a Muslim new year holiday is causing you heart attack. But if they declare Christmas and January 1st as public holiday now it won't be a problem.

Foool
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by shallysgirl: 9:32pm On Sep 21, 2017
See painment.
firstolalekan:

I'm surprised that foolishness is in oṣùs blood.
Greedy selfish Idiọ́ts
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by firstolalekan(m): 9:32pm On Sep 21, 2017
shallysgirl:
See all this fake figures. Nigeria is 53% muslims. SMH for your lies.
Ọ́dẹ́
Tell us the original figures na
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by shallysgirl: 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2017
OK, I have heard what you said. I know you are one of the accursed piglets of oduduwa land. oduduwa who fell from lightening. No wonder you talk and reason the way you do.
konoplyanka:

No. you and your accursed pigs from Biafra would die of hatred as Yoruba-irrespective of our religious differences continue to love one another until you choke on your islam and Yoruba phobia.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by shallysgirl: 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2017
Nigeria is 60%christians,35%muslims and 5%others,mr ode.
firstolalekan:

Ọ́dẹ́
Tell us the original figures na

1 Like

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by konoplyanka: 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2017
shallysgirl:
OK, I have heard what you said. I know you are one of the accursed piglets of oduduwa land. oduduwa who fell from lightening. No wonder you talk and reason the way you do.

ode. can't waste my time arguing with someone from a tribe that suffer from identity crisis.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Demmzy15(m): 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
clems88:
your rain must be so sick .
In your village who told you that Sunday services are public hols.

Now I know that your head need to be checked by a psychiatric .
Empty barrels make the loudest noise, oya shuuusshh, go and plan with sand!
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by shallysgirl: 9:59pm On Sep 21, 2017
No run o. Abeg make nairalanders help us. Which tribe suffers from Id crisis?
konoplyanka:

ode. can't waste my time arguing with someone from a tribe that suffer from identity crisis.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Nikbaebrown(f): 9:59pm On Sep 21, 2017
dealslip:

You are a Muslim so you will continue to vomit the poo they teach you. Christians are followers of Christ, Christ was born in Israel and was never in Rome. BTW there is nothing called Christianity of today. Once a follower of Christ always a follower.

Learn To Make Solid Research's Before Spewing Trash. What Do U Even Knw About Israel? Do U Realise, Judhism And Islam Makes Up 94% Of The Total Population In Israel? And Xtianity Sharing A Meagre 4% With 4 Other Religions. So Whats Christly About Israel.. Do U Even Realise Jesus Wasnt A Christian During His Days? Christianity Is Rome And Rome Is Christianity. Chikena!!
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by konoplyanka: 10:05pm On Sep 21, 2017
shallysgirl:
No run o. Abeg make nairalanders help us. Which tribe suffers from Id crisis?

everyone knows a tribe that Ugandan today, aba Jews tomorrow, igala the next day
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by shallysgirl: 10:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
We all know the sly fox. Those who cannot be trusted or keep to there words. Today, they are northerners, tomorrow they are westerners, next week they are muslims, the other week they fell from the sky and lightening, next year they are Sudanese, the other day they were binis, next week, they will dahomians.
konoplyanka:

everyone knows a tribe that Ugandan today, aba Jews tomorrow, igala the next day
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by konoplyanka: 10:34pm On Sep 21, 2017
shallysgirl:
We all know the sly fox. Those who cannot be trusted or keep to there words. Today, they are northerners, tomorrow they are westerners, next week they are muslims, the other week they fell from the sky and lightening, next year they are Sudanese, the other day they were binis, next week, they will dahomians.

all these in your wildest dream you flat headed osu slave.

I'm done replying your foolishness.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by firstolalekan(m): 10:45pm On Sep 21, 2017
shallysgirl:
Nigeria is 60%christians,35%muslims and 5%others,mr ode.
Lol!

Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by dealslip(f): 11:23pm On Sep 21, 2017
Nikbaebrown:

Learn To Make Solid Research's Before Spewing Trash. What Do U Even Knw About Israel? Do U Realise, Judhism And Islam Makes Up 94% Of The Total Population In Israel? And Xtianity Sharing A Meagre 4% With 4 Other Religions. So Whats Christly About Israel.. Do U Even Realise Jesus Wasnt A Christian During His Days? Christianity Is Rome And Rome Is Christianity. Chikena!!
You really have no idea of what Christianity is. Been addressed as a Christian is like been addressed as a Buddhist or Mohammedian. First and foremost a Christian is a follower of Christ. If you actually know Christianity like you think you do, you will realize that Christ wasn't even accepted in Israel and was crucified for his beliefs which was strange to Judaism. Infact Christians were given the nickname because people felt they were behaving like Christ. You need to separate Catholism from Christianity. This doesn't change the fact that Jesus Christ was born in Israel and wasn't in Rome at any point in time. Do you realize also that Christianity isn't a religion but a relationship. Christ preached more about the Kingdom of God more than the worship of God. Christ preached government not religion. If you haven't read the Bible just don't bother to argue or pretend.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by dealslip(f): 11:27pm On Sep 21, 2017
Demmzy15:
Christianity was established after the death of Jesus Christ under the Roman Empire
You really have no idea of what Christianity is. Been addressed as a Christian is like been addressed as a Buddhist or Mohammedian. First and foremost a Christian is a follower of Christ. If you actually know Christianity like you think you do, you will realize that Christ wasn't even accepted in Israel and was crucified for his beliefs which was strange to Judaism. Infact Christians were given the nickname because people felt they were behaving like Christ. You need to separate Catholism from Christianity. This doesn't change the fact that Jesus Christ was born in Israel and wasn't in Rome at any point in time.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by dealslip(f): 11:28pm On Sep 21, 2017
Myde4naija:
I don't need to argue with u, when you engage other denominations about xtian faith then the xtianity reality will be clearer to you.
You really dont know Christianity. Separate Catholism from Christianity. What started in Rome wasn't Christianity but Catholism.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Demmzy15(m): 1:36am On Sep 22, 2017
dealslip:

You really have no idea of what Christianity is. Been addressed as a Christian is like been addressed as a Buddhist or Mohammedian. First and foremost a Christian is a follower of Christ. If you actually know Christianity like you think you do, you will realize that Christ wasn't even accepted in Israel and was crucified for his beliefs which was strange to Judaism. Infact Christians were given the nickname because people felt they were behaving like Christ. You need to separate Catholism from Christianity. This doesn't change the fact that Jesus Christ was born in Israel and wasn't in Rome at any point in time.
Firstly, nothing like "Mohammedans", it's Muslims.

Secondly, the Catholics for thousands of years before other denominations emerged have sacrificed alot, so you can't just throw away their teachings. If you want to distance yourself from the Catholics, then agitate for a reformed calendar based on your church!

Jesus was born when the Romans had already conquered Palestine, so in essence he was born under the Roman Empire!
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by dealslip(f): 1:47am On Sep 22, 2017
Demmzy15:
Firstly, nothing like "Mohammedans", it's Muslims.

Secondly, the Catholics for thousands of years before other denominations emerged have sacrificed alot, so you can't just throw away their teachings. If you want to distance yourself from the Catholics, then agitate for a reformed calendar based on your church!

Jesus was born when the Romans had already conquered Palestine, so in essence he was born under the Roman Empire!
Smart shifting of the goal post. I thought Christianity started in Rome. Now it started under the Roman rule in Palestine.
The sacrifice of the Catholics doesn't make them Christians. I am not after anybody's calendar. I would rather have people follow Christ than any religiosity. You obviously are not conversant with the teachings and sayings of Christ.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Demmzy15(m): 2:32am On Sep 22, 2017
dealslip:

Smart shifting of the goal post. I thought Christianity started in Rome. Now it started under the Roman rule in Palestine.

No one is shifting any goal post, this was what I stated and I still maintain it: Christianity was established after the death of Jesus Christ under the Roman Empire

The sacrifice of the Catholics doesn't make them Christians. I am not after anybody's calendar. I would rather have people follow Christ than any religiosity. You obviously are not conversant with the teachings and sayings of Christ.

E no consign, my own is that Catholics are Christians spread Christianity through all means for Christ including bloodshed. Go and settle your dispute with them not with me!
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by shallysgirl: 3:21am On Sep 22, 2017
That's it. Note the figures in case of next time.
firstolalekan:

Lol!
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by shallysgirl: 3:23am On Sep 22, 2017
You must reply. odudupig. cone headed northern slave.
konoplyanka:

all these in your wildest dream you flat headed osu slave.

I'm done replying your foolishness.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by dealslip(f): 5:18am On Sep 22, 2017
Demmzy15:

No one is shifting any goal post, this was what I stated and I still maintain it: Christianity was established after the death of Jesus Christ under the Roman Empire

E no consign, my own is that Catholics are Christians spread Christianity through all means for Christ including bloodshed. Go and settle your dispute with them not with me!

The bolded is a lie. That is not what you said initially. Taqqiya as usual. Denial and Acceptable lies I guess.

About Dichotomy between Catholism and Christianity. I have told you that you are ignorant so it is either you accept your ignorance of this information I just provided you with or continue to pretend that you were only stating 'facts' and I am to deal with it. The fact is that you are completely ignorant of Christianity and you will wish that all you thought before now to be Christianity was true but it has being debunked. I can't wait to see you submit to Jesus the Christ.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Myde4naija(m): 5:22am On Sep 22, 2017
dealslip:

You really dont know Christianity. Separate Catholism from Christianity. What started in Rome wasn't Christianity but Catholism.
to you now catholic are not xtian?
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Madeu(m): 8:40am On Sep 22, 2017
Demmzy15:
So we should use Christian Holidays as yardstick for our holidays? So if Chrisitian have two holidays, then it's a must Muslims regulate theirs? I think something must be wrong with you!

Maulud and Islamic New Years aren't holidays, I don't celebrate it. But you have no right to criticize, Christians don't go to work on Sundays but we work and go to schools on a Friday. What kind of injustice is that?

Jan 1 is a Christian holiday because it marks the supposed demise of Jesus, currently 2017 years ago, Jesus was supposedly crucified!

January is a month to celebrate the Roman God called Janus. Janus is the God of beginnings, gates, transitions, time, duality, doorways, passages, and endings.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Demmzy15(m): 9:37am On Sep 22, 2017
Madeu:
[/b]

January is a month to celebrate the Roman God called Janus. Janus is the God of beginnings, gates, transitions, time, duality, doorways, passages, and endings.
Go and tell Christian Pope Gregory! It's not my consign!
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by diadem10: 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2017
Demmzy15:

E no consign me!

We are in 2017 years after the demise of Jesus, so whatever holiday falls on this day is a Christian holiday. Remember this current calendar was introduced by a Christian Pope Gregory. So your argument doesn't hold water!

Then y'all should stop shouting Islamization bla bla bla. This post applies to you not me, you should stop your bias against Muslims!

E no consign you yet you keep spouting nonsense about what you don't know. I wonder where you kept your head to not know that years have always been calculated on the basis on AD and BC (before christ and after death), even before christianity spread over. The scientist still uses it today yet you lame eediot is complaining about it. Even the Islamic year you keep slamming your head on the ground was counted on that basis.

That said, the christian year start from the lent period and that's quite different from the gregorian year.

And show me where I shouted Ismalization bla bla? Where? The fact is I can't and won't ever allow a stupid fellow as yourself to keep spouting untrue facts to justify one religion.
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by Demmzy15(m): 12:56pm On Sep 22, 2017
diadem10:

E no consign you yet you keep spouting nonsense about what you don't know. I wonder where you kept your head to not know that years have always been calculated on the basis on AD and BC (before christ and after death), even before christianity spread over.

Opunu, different nations and empire have their calendars. Even some Christians don't follow this calendar like the Ethiopian and Russian Orthodox Christians. Muslims, Hindus, Buddhist, Taoists, Christians all have different calendars. The Gregorian calendar we use today was introduced in the 16th century(500years ago)

The scientist still uses it today yet you lame eediot is complaining about it. Even the Islamic year you keep slamming your head on the ground was counted on that basis.

Ani o ni opolo!!! Oya start mentioning the scientists na? Islamic Calendar is more than 1300years old, while the ones used today is just 500years old. We use the moon, and this is one of the oldest means of calculating the year.

That said, the christian year start from the lent period and that's quite different from the gregorian year.

Not my business, I sha know it was formulated by the pious Christian Pope Gregory! tongue

And show me where I shouted Ismalization bla bla? Where? The fact is I can't and won't ever allow a stupid fellow as yourself to keep spouting untrue facts to justify one religion.

Oya sorry, you have no right to criticize our holidays, shikena!
Re: Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday by diadem10: 1:12pm On Sep 22, 2017
Demmzy15:

Opunu, different nations and empire have their calendars. Even some Christians don't follow this calendar like the Ethiopian and Russian Orthodox Christians. Muslims, Hindus, Buddhist, Taoists, Christians all have different calendars. The Gregorian calendar we use today was introduced in the 16th century(500years ago)

Ani o ni opolo!!! Oya start mentioning the scientists na? Islamic Calendar is more than 1300years old, while the ones used today is just 500years old. We use the moon, and this is one of the oldest means of calculating the year.

Not my business, I sha know it was formulated by the pious Christian Pope Gregory! tongue

Oya sorry, you have no right to criticize our holidays, shikena!

Lmao, where did I criticise your holiday? Lol.

You keep saying this and I've asked many time to pinpoint where I criticised your holiday but you kept mute.

That said, your islamic year was still counted on the basis of BC and AD, so why are you pained?

I repeat christian year start from the beginning of the lent period.. So, why say Jan 1 is a christian year?

Another thing you keep forgetting is that we were colonised by the British, not the Arabs, hence, we have imbibed some of their cultural views over the years, including their language.
So, it's bullshit to impose any Arabic view on us.

Enjoy your holiday but stop disturbing us with your noises and untruthful facts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kaduna Workers Beyond 50 Years Retired Compulsorily, Others Converted To Casual / Agenda 2050: President Buhari Inaugurates National Steering Committee / Pat Utomi: APC Is Now Worse Than Jonathan's PDP Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.