Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC (12603 Views)

Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues / The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know / 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC by SOFTENGR: 8:54am On Sep 22, 2017
ziga:
17 items!!!

Naija Police don hammer!!!

Bribery galore.

Naija Police no dey slack grin
Re: 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC by Nbote(m): 8:57am On Sep 22, 2017
And what do we do with these things in cases of emergency wen we are not all medical personnel?
Re: 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC by AntiWailer: 8:59am On Sep 22, 2017
9icetoo:
is my car a hospital?
what is wrong with this country self?
I supply my own electricity.
I supply my own water.
I fix my street roads.
I pay for neighbourhood security.
I do basically everything the government is supposed to do and you want me to convert my car to an emergency response vehicle as well?
why don't I put a siren and stretcher while I am getting all that is posted up there? Gosh.

I taya ooo.

That list is not even in some hospitals in Nigeria not to talk of car.

2 Likes

Re: 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 22, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
First Aid Bag or Kit contains items required for administering emergency treatment to an injured person before comprehensive medical care is available.

A vehicle is expected to have a first aid box and some of the items FRSC expects you to have in the box includes..

1. Pair of Scissors

2. Safety Pins

3. Iodine

4. Cotton wool

5. Handkerchiefs

6. Plasters/dressing for wounds

7. Splints

8. Bandages

9. Disposable gloves

10. Razor blades

11. Adhesive tapes

12. Aspirin/Paracetamol

13. Antibiotic ointment

14. Antiseptic

15. Petroleum Jelly

16. Antibacterial soap

17. Latex gloves/facial mask

Some of these items are consumables. Therefore, there is need to constantly check and replenish them. Pay attention to items with expiry dates.

Which of these do you have in your car? Tell us in the comment section.

https://autojosh.com/17-first-aid-items-every-driver-must-have-in-hisher-car/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Do u mean my car or my mobile hospital

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC by refreshrate: 9:28am On Sep 22, 2017
post=60710093:
Naso..please don't stop there add Nurse, Stretcher and wheelchair .. meanwhile some of these things no dey some of our public hospitals o....

You dey mind the eediots?

1 Like

Re: 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC by refreshrate: 9:30am On Sep 22, 2017
Nbote:
And what do we do with these things in cases of emergency wen we are not all medical personnel?

Very good!

The scissors can be used for stabbing the frsc guys though...ndi ala

2 Likes

Re: 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC by Nmaudu: 9:36am On Sep 22, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
First Aid Bag or Kit contains items required for administering emergency treatment to an injured person before comprehensive medical care is available.

A vehicle is expected to have a first aid box and some of the items FRSC expects you to have in the box includes..

1. Pair of Scissors

2. Safety Pins

3. Iodine

4. Cotton wool

5. Handkerchiefs

6. Plasters/dressing for wounds

7. Splints

8. Bandages

9. Disposable gloves

10. Razor blades

11. Adhesive tapes

12. Aspirin/Paracetamol

13. Antibiotic ointment

14. Antiseptic

15. Petroleum Jelly

16. Antibacterial soap

17. Latex gloves/facial mask

Some of these items are consumables. Therefore, there is need to constantly check and replenish them. Pay attention to items with expiry dates.

Which of these do you have in your car? Tell us in the comment section.

https://autojosh.com/17-first-aid-items-every-driver-must-have-in-hisher-car/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Oftentimes I just wonder how rules and laws are made in this country without thinking things through. The person that compiled this list of 17 items is just looking for a way to collect bribes from motorists.

Number 9 and 17 are basically the same thing, as all disposable gloves are latex.

Number 6 and 11 are basically the same, plaster and adhesive tapes.

I wonder what you need a razor blade for when you have a scissors. Abi is it not to cut things that both of them are used for?

What is safety pin doing in the list? To hold body parts together?

A splint is a strip of rigid material used for supporting and immobilizing a broken bone when it has been set. It's is usually large and cannot fit into a box like the first aid box.

Finally, I wonder why all drivers would be made to have these items in their cars when 95% of the drivers do not know how to use any of them. So what is the essence?

4 Likes

Re: 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC by feranmiajana: 9:38am On Sep 22, 2017
They are not serious
Meanwhile many of our Government hospitals don't even have the above listed items

1 Like

Re: 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC by enemyofprogress: 9:56am On Sep 22, 2017
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC by stancod(m): 10:52am On Sep 22, 2017
9icetoo:
is my car a hospital?
what is wrong with this country self?
I supply my own electricity.
I supply my own water.
I fix my street roads.
I pay for neighbourhood security.
I do basically everything the government is supposed to do and you want me to convert my car to an emergency response vehicle as well?
why don't I put a siren and stretcher while I am getting all that is posted up there? Gosh.
do you pay your TAX
Re: 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC by sunnyeinstein(m): 10:53am On Sep 22, 2017
ABJDOT:
Kudos to FRSC....its for driver and passengers sake.
We Nigeria to be like those european countries, but we can't sacrifice some little things.

What is this one saying? So European car owners go about with medical kits abi?
Do i have to turn my ride to a make-shift ambulance? Why can't frsc be the emergency ambulance with proper 1st aid kits to help accident victims on the scene before going to the hospital?!
This country is gutter!
Re: 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC by sunnyeinstein(m): 10:55am On Sep 22, 2017
Nmaudu:

Oftentimes I just wonder how rules and laws are made in this country without thinking things through. The person that compiled this list of 17 items is just looking for a way to collect bribes from motorists.

Number 9 and 17 are basically the same thing, as all disposable gloves are latex.

Number 6 and 11 are basically the same, plaster and adhesive tapes.

I wonder what you need a razor blade for when you have a scissors. Abi is it not to cut things that both of them are used for?

What is safety pin doing in the list? To hold body parts together?

A splint is a strip of rigid material used for supporting and immobilizing a broken bone when it has been set. It's is usually large and cannot fit into a box like the first aid box.

Finally, I wonder why all drivers would be made to have these items in their cars when 95% of the drivers do not know how to use any of them. So what is the essence?

God bless you.
All they know how to do is devise ways to empty motorists' pockets!

1 Like

Re: 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC by Charles4075(m): 11:01am On Sep 22, 2017
Ijaya123:

I wonder what the government actually provide. angry angry angry
Syphilis and flu shots with b complex and paracetamol.

1 Like

Re: 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC by mechanics(m): 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2017
okay, thanks.
Re: 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC by DONFASZY(m): 1:48pm On Sep 22, 2017
I am currently driving a standard hospital and auto shop store on top of my jeep?everytin FRSC need is on top of my jeep

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC by 9icetoo(m): 11:19am On Sep 23, 2017
stancod:
do you pay your TAX
YES. and in full.
Re: 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC by 9icetoo(m): 12:36pm On Sep 23, 2017
sunnyeinstein:

What is this one saying? So European car owners go about with medical kits abi?
Do i have to turn my ride to a make-shift ambulance? Why can't frsc be the emergency ambulance with proper 1st aid kits to help accident victims on the scene before going to the hospital?!
This country is gutter!
I have seen FRSC responding to accident victims and i have never come across them utilizing first aid kits on any one.
they bundle people like cows into the back of that their pickup trucks or any available civilian vehicle and zoom off to the hospital. apart from Lagos state emergency response and nema no other emergency response team comes to an accident scene equipped with the necessary tools.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mazda Mpv Vs Toyota Sienna For Transportation. / Bugatti Divo Undergoes A Makeover, Unrevealed At Paris Auto Show - Photos / Quiz: Which Is Safer, 1988 Peugeot 505 GLX Or 1988 Toyota Corolla FX?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.