Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,622 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew (8696 Views)

Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? / Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? / 10 Things To Never Say To Your Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by WorkLife: 3:59pm On Sep 21, 2017
1. Give credit to whom credit is due: We are all told the best way to rise at work is to make our bosses look good, always. However, it doesn’t help if that boss is always going to hug the limelight and never give you credit for your contribution. Worse, he takes delight in criticizing you.

2. He could be more of a manager than a boss: Reeling out instructions without pausing for a minute to hear differing opinions does nothing for your morale. You would also like to take the initiative sometimes and not always have to run to him for approval for everything.

3. Divide and Rule don’t cut it: Office politics is not going away anytime soon but it doesn’t need to be unhealthy. Constantly pitching his subordinates against each other just so your boss can keep a hold on his power, makes you resent him more than you respect him.

4. Keep a lid on it: There is nothing edifying about a boss who gossips about his subordinates; their mistakes and their struggles. You would like to confide in him for once and not overhear the same discussion between other colleagues.

5. Being human is okay: You realise he is human and must make mistakes. You don’t expect him to apologise to his team for them but there is something wrong about refusing to take responsibility.

Read More http://www.iwfionline.org/five-things-you-wish-your-boss-knew/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by veekid(m): 7:35am On Sep 25, 2017
No point for those who have no boss

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by ttemmi(m): 7:36am On Sep 25, 2017
There is nothing like being your own boss. As an employee, unless you steal you can never become rich.
Re: Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by Finstar: 7:36am On Sep 25, 2017
Believe me, such bosses are not entrepreneurs. They are merely managers, working for the real entrepreneurs. An entrepreneur knows what it means to be an employee and he doesn't waste a moment to motivate his team into delivering more to the organization. This ype of bosses Op is talking about are just employees, an employee that's given the function to coordinate and manage other employees.

If you're an entrepreneur or a prospective entrepreneur, you'll surely love the link on my signature wink

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by rasheeda157: 7:36am On Sep 25, 2017
good
Re: Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by paiz: 7:37am On Sep 25, 2017
There is nothing more than being your own boss

Try to start up a business today and save your children the stress of searching for job tomorrow

What ever your hands findeth to do, do it with all your might.
Re: Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by Riversides2003(m): 7:38am On Sep 25, 2017
Re: Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by ultron12345: 7:38am On Sep 25, 2017
Re: Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by rasheeda157: 7:38am On Sep 25, 2017
hmm
Re: Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by lollmaolol(m): 7:38am On Sep 25, 2017
Know that mistake is okay, but not all the time
Re: Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 25, 2017
Abeg oo
Re: Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by generalbush(m): 7:38am On Sep 25, 2017
I wish he knee that I am broke and should be paid every 20th of the month.

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by tobiogunboye(m): 7:40am On Sep 25, 2017
cool

1 Share

Re: Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by MhizzAJ(f): 7:42am On Sep 25, 2017
Nice
Re: Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by mrvitalis(m): 7:44am On Sep 25, 2017
That's not true

1) giving credit to the wrong person is sometimes intentional to stimulate conflict when the conflict level has gone below bar ( conflict is very important in an organization to stimulate maximum output )

2) he is the boss and it's his idea and dream you are meant to make a reality and most times employees are very narrow minded in their reasoning but I'm sure every one listen to ideas once a while their should be a formal way to do this tho

3) divide and rule is very important , you should never allow your workers to be united , conflict is very necessary in management and should be watched to make sure it ever goes below bar

4 )that's bad tho

5) reputation is everything in business

2 Likes

Re: Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by jeeqaa7(m): 7:45am On Sep 25, 2017
Not in Nigeria
Re: Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by master69(m): 7:54am On Sep 25, 2017
my fellow nairalanders today is my birthday Oo Pls wish me well.....tnk God for another year...tnk u all as u do soo.

3 Likes

Re: Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by virginboy1(m): 7:54am On Sep 25, 2017
Wished my hot sexy beautiful single boss, knew I am crushing on her.

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by virginboy1(m): 7:56am On Sep 25, 2017
This economy problem in Nigeria is no longer funny oo ..
People have started pricing hospital bills and NEPA bills...

"Oga please how much is half current? grin

2 Likes

Re: Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by donqx: 8:36am On Sep 25, 2017
really
Re: Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by chuks34(m): 8:54am On Sep 25, 2017
Most people need their boosy boss to know that their salary is not enough tongue
Re: Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by thesicilian: 10:39am On Sep 25, 2017
Instead of wishing he knew why not just tell him?
Re: Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by KillerBeauty(f): 11:16am On Sep 25, 2017
Difference is clear

Re: Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew by AfDapone: 12:49pm On Sep 25, 2017
virginboy1:
Wished my hot sexy beautiful single boss, knew I am crushing on her.

The word FIRE is trending on the 1st page of your dictionary.

Get your professional and e-commerce website designed at extremely affordable price.
There are wordpress professional, premium themes and premium plugins for website developers bundled together at nearly give away prices.

Premium Themes: Avada, Divi, Betheme...(10 themes for the price of 1)
Premium Plugins: Slider, Ecommerce, Multivendors, Page Builders ... (price based on request)
Call now: 08035282636

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Ondo Workers Hold Prayer Session As They Resume / Interswitch Assessment Test / Entry Level Salaries Of Nigerian Companies And Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.