Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World (2928 Views)

Why Is Immorality So High In The Church Today? / How We Can Curb Sexual Immorality In Our Society / Leke Adeboye Thanks Daddy Freeze Over Increase In RCCG Tithes (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by peacesamuel94(m): 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2017
Atheists and religious skeptics i would like to know what your views are about this topic, you Will agree with me that wickedness or rather immorality is on the rise in our world today.

Violent crimes for example, have jerked up in various parts of the world and even in the local communities we live in. Rape reports in the world Today have increased in the world by more than double and countries like Ethiopia, Sri Lanka, France Germany etc, are feeling the heat.

Murder rates in the world also have taken a geometric rise, Colombia, Jamaica El Salvador and so on, are currently the countries with the worst cases of murder.

Also taking Nigeria, as a case Study, we see corruption, nepotism in workplaces/government, murder, rape name it.

The world May have advanced in science and technology, yet moral value is on a rapid decline. Christians believe that at birth, man has this self-taught ability to orchestrate evil, the innate desire to choose evil over good until the point of salvation ,(because of Adams Fall)which is why immorality is on the increase and the reverse is the case for morality.

So i would like to know your views about the above topic, thanks.
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by Samsimple(m): 5:23pm On Sep 21, 2017
peacesamuel94:
Atheists and religious skeptics i would like to know what your views are about this topic, you Will agree with me that wickedness or rather immorality is on the rise in our world today.

Violent crimes for example, have jerked up in various parts of the world and even in the local communities we live in. Rape reports in the world Today have increased in the world by more than double and countries like Ethiopia, Sri Lanka, France Germany etc, are feeling the heat.

Murder rates in the world also have taken a geometric rise, Colombia, Jamaica El Salvador and so on, are currently the countries with the worst cases of murder.

Also taking Nigeria, as a case Study, we see corruption, nepotism in workplaces/government, murder, rape name it.

The world May have advanced in science and technology, yet moral value is on a rapid decline. Christians believe that at birth, man has this self-taught ability to orchestrate evil, the innate desire to choose evil over good until the point of salvation ,(because of Adams Fall)which is why immorality is on the increase and the reverse is the case for morality.

So i would like to know your views about the above topic, thanks.

i dnt knw bt as 4 me i wanna live forever young
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by 1Sharon(f): 5:23pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ur going to have to post statistics and prove how 'immorality' is on the increase

1 Like

Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by peacesamuel94(m): 5:24pm On Sep 21, 2017
Samsimple:
i dnt knw bt as 4 me i wanna live forever young

You Will, after the rapture.
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by peacesamuel94(m): 5:31pm On Sep 21, 2017
1Sharon:
Ur going to have to post statistics and prove how 'immorality' is on the increase

I don't think that would be necessary, its quite observable in everyday News. but if you're after statistics, you could Google it, to find out if i'm wrong.
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by malvisguy212: 5:43pm On Sep 21, 2017
in fact, an atheist say he hate jesus because Jesus condemned sex outside marriage.
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by peacesamuel94(m): 5:48am On Sep 22, 2017
malvisguy212:
in fact, an atheist say he hate
jesus because Jesus condemned sex outside marriage.

Interesting.. i Will like to see their views on the above topic.
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by hopefulLandlord: 6:23am On Sep 22, 2017
peacesamuel94:

I don't think that would be necessary, its quite observable in everyday News. but if you're after statistics, you could Google it, to find out if i'm wrong.

its actually necessary bro

I'm of the opinion that its actually NOT increasing, just getting more coverage and reportage than before

1 Like

Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by dalaman: 8:04am On Sep 22, 2017
Violence has decreased much more now than during the time of Jesus. Numerous studies and research has shown that violence is generally on the decrease.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-decline-of-violence/

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2016/04/15/the-decline-war-and-violence/lxhtEplvppt0Bz9kPphzkL/story.html

As for immorality we aren't more immoral than the ancient Romans that used to have open sex orgie parties on the regular. Their debauchery was too much. They had sex on the streets and anywhere they could.

http://ancients-bg.com/wild-sexual-habits-in-ancient-rome/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by Dalam0n: 9:18am On Oct 26, 2017
We get to hear about violence always because the ease with which information is shared. I can have access to events happening in another country immediately it is happening, back in the days I can not even has access to events happening 400km away from me it will take months or even years before I get to hear about themthat if I ever get to hear about them at all.
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by hopefulLandlord: 9:34am On Oct 26, 2017
Dalam0n:
We get to hear about violence always because the ease with which information is shared. I can have access to events happening in another country immediately it is happening, back in the days I can not even has access to events happening 400km away from me it will take months or even years before I get to hear about themthat if I ever get to hear about them at all.

exactly!!! Analice107 said its increasing and when I challenged that statement she asked if I have Television, its obvious people confuse more reportage for more happenings, news agencies these days know that bad news catches more attention than good news which in turn Makes people think more bad things are happening because they hear of it now more than before

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by OtemSapien: 10:30am On Oct 26, 2017
peacesamuel94:

The more the communication sector is getting improved, the more bad news you will hear which you hardly hear before because of limited access to information. The world has always been bad. Lets say when fifty people were on earth 25 of them were bad. Now if we have ten billion people on earth and five billion people are bad, do you think there's any increase in the percentage of bad people?No, in each case, it's still 50% bad people.
However, easy access to social media is what is making you think that the world is getting worse. It has always been like this, just that we don't get to hear of it due to our limited access to information earlier.
But never mind, hopefully if we continue to encourage peace, the bad could have a rethink and become good people.
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by peacesamuel94(m): 10:52am On Oct 26, 2017
OtemSapien:
The more the communication sector is getting improved, the more bad news you will hear which you hardly hear before because of limited access to information. The world has always been bad. Lets say when fifty people were on earth 25 of them were bad. Now if we have ten billion people on earth and five billion people are bad, do you think there's any increase in the percentage of bad people?No, in each case, it's still 50% bad people.
However, easy access to social media is what is making you think that the world is getting worse. It has always been like this, just that we don't get to hear of it due to our limited access to information earlier.
But never mind, hopefully if we continue to encourage peace, the bad could have a rethink and become good people.

Let's consider two very simple everyday instances.

Before now, it was normal to completely cover yourself, even in Bible times harlots covered themselves with veils, However in today's world nudity and provocative dressing is now the other of the day, and what used to be the norm is now seen as acting primitive.

In past times Homosexuals, and bisexuals never came out publicly, but now it has been legalized by some countries.

Do you think this is as a result of easy access to social media.
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by Dalam0n: 10:52am On Oct 26, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

exactly!!! Analice107 said its increasing and when I challenged that statement she asked if I have Television, its obvious people confuse more reportage for more happenings, news agencies these days know that bad news catches more attention than good news so they tend to focus more on that and so people are tricked into thinking more bad things are happening because they hear of it now more than before

Exactly. Numerous studies have shown that violence is on the decrease all over the world. We are much less brutal now than the people that lived like 2000 years ago.

There was much more violence during the time of Jesus than now.
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by OtemSapien: 11:03am On Oct 26, 2017
peacesamuel94:

Let's consider two very simple everyday instances.

Before now, it was normal to completely cover yourself, even in Bible times harlots covered themselves with veils, However in today's world nudity and provocative dressing is now the other of the day, and what used to be the norm is now seen as acting primitive.

In past times Homosexuals, and bisexuals never came out publicly, but now it has been legalized by some countries.

Do you think this is as a result of easy access to social media.

Let's also take for instance, considering many instances. In the bible days, genocides commanded by the gods like Yahweh was the order of the day, killing other people and taking up their lands as commanded by Yahweh was the reigning issue. Also, marrying the widow your brother left behind as well as sacrificing innocent animals, thereby causing pollution to the world by roasting of meats and also endangering domestic animal are the things they do as commanded by Yahweh and some other gods, etc. Now they don't do such 'evil' anymore or they hardly do it now. In conclusion, some supposed evil of the past go into extinction while some supposed new 'evil' takes their place. Such is life.
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by peacesamuel94(m): 11:03am On Oct 26, 2017
[quote author=Dalam0n post=61784257]

Exactly. Numerous studies have shown that violence is on the decrease all over the world. We are much less brutal now than the people that lived like 2000 years ago.

There was much more violence during the time of Jesus than now. [/quote

2000 years ago there were no biochemical weapons, no nuclear weapons, terrorism was not as rampant, if at all it existed. what will call jungle justice could only happen to adulterous women or witches as at then, but now we've heard how 12year old have been burnt alive for stealing Garri, and you say violence is on the decrease or has the meaning changed.
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by peacesamuel94(m): 11:17am On Oct 26, 2017
OtemSapien:

Let's also take for instance, considering many instances. In the bible days, genocides commanded by the gods like Yahweh was the order of the day, killing other people and taking up their lands as commanded by Yahweh was the reigning issue. Also, marrying the widow your brother left behind as well as sacrificing innocent animals, thereby causing pollution to the world by roasting of meats and endangering domestic animal are the things they do as commanded by Yahweh and some other gods, etc. Now they don't do such 'evil' anymore or they hardly do it now. In conclusion, some supposed evil of the past go into extinction while some supposed new 'evil' takes their place. Such is life.

I agree that they were violent and people were killed in their thousands, but the number of lives the effect of America's nuclear attack on Nagasaki and Hiroshima, the First, Second World war Nigerians civil war took, still surpasses that. Like you said, they no longer spread the gospel by violence.

there was never a new evil, Just that in the era will live in, it has now become more pronounced, what used to be done in secret, before now, has been made public. and what you used to be termed as sacrilege is what is now in vogue.
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by OtemSapien: 11:24am On Oct 26, 2017
peacesamuel94:

I agree that they were violent and people were killed in their thousands, but the number of lives the effect of America's nuclear attack on Nagasaki and Hiroshima, the First, Second World Nigerians civil war still surpasses that. Like you said, they no longer spread the gospel by violence.

there was never a new evil, Just that in the era will live in, it has now become more pronounced, what used to be done in secret, as now, has been made public. and what you used to be termed as sacrilege is what is now in vogue.
The sacrilage of ancient days are the things in vogue in our current world, I.e homosexuality, sodomy etc
In the reverse, the things in vogue in the ancient days are the sacrilege of the modern days, I.e inces-t(practised in Israel but now fast fading off), genocides, sacrificing of animals to the gods, gender inequality(as encouraged by Pol/Paul the apostle)etc.

So I think life is like a see-saw.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by Marvel1206: 11:28am On Oct 26, 2017
It is undoubtedly increasing and its increase is catalysed by the open celebration of immorality

1 Like

Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by Dalam0n: 11:34am On Oct 26, 2017
peacesamuel94:

2000 years ago there were no biochemical weapons, no nuclear weapons, terrorism was not as rampant, if at all it existed. what will call jungle justice could only happen to adulterous women or witches as at then, but now we've heard how 12year old have been burnt alive for stealing Garri, and you say violence is on the decreasing or as the meaning changed.

2000 years ago they had their own type of terrorism that is different from ours today.

The people were so brutal that they lived in wall cities. You there not live outside the city walls. Slavery was the order of the day. Master slave relationship was how they conducted themselves. There was nothing like human rights then. The strong nations invaded the weaker nations and annex them at will and by force.

Studies have shown that you are 3 times more likely to die in the hands of another man 2000 years ago compared to now.

We are living in a very civilized world with less brutality than 2000 years ago.

Studies after studies have shown that to be true. Violence is generally on the decrease amongst humans despite our heavy weapons that include weapons of mass destruction. We even have what we call war crimes today. Back in the days nothing like that existed.
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by peacesamuel94(m): 11:44am On Oct 26, 2017
OtemSapien:

The sacrilage of ancient days are the things in vogue in our current world, I.e homosexuality, sodomy etc
In the reverse, the things in vogue in the ancient days are the sacrilege of the modern days, I.e inces-t(practised in Israel but now fast fading off), genocides, sacrificing of animals to the gods, gender inequality(as encouraged by Pol/Paul the apostle)etc.

So I think life is like a see-saw.

Genocides still happens today, even more rampant(the Rise of terrorism in the world testifies to this) incest still happens, domestic violence which is an aftermath of the mentality of someone who is in support of gender inequality, is also in everyday news. so nothing has really declined.
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by hopefulLandlord: 11:49am On Oct 26, 2017
I doubt peacesamuel94 is aware that preparing for war is arguably the best way to prevent war

for instance most of those nuclear weapons being shown to us on TV are many but some of them are simply used for testing while many are useless

the logic goes like this, if USA has nuclear weapons capable of destroying Russia, Russia would then get their own nuclear weapons capable of destroying America, while both countries would look to the outsiders as "Oh sheet! they're gonna kill each other", both countries would simply never attack each other because they know if they do there would be only losers and no winners, so they're keeping the peace in a threatening way, this phenomenon is called " Mutual Assured Destruction"

so while it looks in theory like we are all gonna wipe out civilisation any minute now, in reality we have never been more further from that

https://listverse.com/2012/12/23/10-non-peaceful-ways-we-keep-the-peace/
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by peacesamuel94(m): 11:54am On Oct 26, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
I doubt peacesamuel94 is aware that preparing for war is arguably the best way to prevent war

for instance most of those nuclear weapons being shown to us on TV are many but some of them are simply used for testing while many are useless

the logic goes like this, if I USA has nuclear weapons capable of destroying Russia, Russia would then get their own nuclear weapons capable of destroying America, while both countries would look to the outsiders as "Oh sheet! they're gonna kill each other", both countries would simply never attack each other because they know if they do there would be only losers and no winners, so they're keeping the peace in a threatening way

https://listverse.com/2012/12/23/10-non-peaceful-ways-we-keep-the-peace/

My point was not against possession of nuclear weapons but, the number of lives it has once taken, and the agonizing state it has left those that were victimized.
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by peacesamuel94(m): 12:08pm On Oct 26, 2017
Dalam0n:

2000 years ago they had their own type of terrorism that is different from ours today.

The people were so brutal that they lived in wall cities. You there not live outside the city walls. Slavery was the order of the day. Master slave relationship was how they conducted themselves. There was nothing like human rights then. The strong nations invaded the weaker nations and annex them at will and by force.

Studies have shown that you are 3 times more likely to die in the hands of another man 2000 years ago compared to now.

We are living in a very civilized world with less brutality than 2000 years ago.

Studies after studies have shown that to be true. Violence is generally on the decrease amongst humans despite our heavy weapons that include weapons of mass destruction. We even have what we call war crimes today. Back in the days nothing like that existed.

The possibility of bokoharam coming to were you stay now is the same as the example you made, and you make it seem like Nigeria is a safe haven, people are loosing their lives every minute, others are busy taking it.

2000 years ago they could build walls to shield themselves from impending attacks, but now you don't even know who the enemy could be, we hear of security agents(like the police) shooting at unarmed citizens, mothers and fathers killing their own children coupled with the Fulani herdsmen and bokoharam insurgency come on!

You seem to confine your opinion on immorality around violence alone.
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by OtemSapien: 12:39pm On Oct 26, 2017
peacesamuel94:

Genocides still happens today, even more rampant(the Rise of terrorism in the world testifies to this) incest still happens, domestic violence which is an aftermath of the mentality of someone who is in support of gender inequality, is also in everyday news. so nothing has really declined.
Nothing brought to the world can totally be eradicated. More things would even be added. That's the certainty. But what I'm saying is that incest, genocides etc which are seen as norms and even acceptable by the gods in those days are now seen as evil and bad in our days, including slave trade which was even accepted by the gods including Yahweh to the extent that they give laws on how to direct the affairs of slaves, but now slavery is condemnedthe but some people still practise it.
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by Dalam0n: 12:57pm On Oct 26, 2017
peacesamuel94:

The possibility of bokoharam coming to were you stay now is the same as the example you made, and you make it seem like Nigeria is a safe haven, people are loosing their lives every minute, others are busy taking it.

2000 years ago they could build walls to shield themselves from impending attacks, but now you don't even know who the enemy could be, we hear of security agents(like the police) shooting at unarmed citizens, mothers and fathers killing their own children coupled with the Fulani herdsmen and bokoharam insurgency come on!

You seem to confine your opinion on immorality around violence alone.

Studies after studies have shown violence has gone down. I've even posted 2 for you here. Where I'd your own research that has shown that violence has increased btw now and 2000 years ago?

We now live on a civilized society where people have human rights compared to back in the days when it was master and slave.

Our morality is better compared to the ancient Romans that were having sex every and anywhere like bonobos.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by Originakalokalo(m): 1:11pm On Oct 26, 2017
Thousands of years Ago, let's say population is

800 million people and 400 million people are evil.

Now, Population is above 7 billion people
assuming 3.5 billion people are evil,

It means that evil has spread as a result of population increase.

It is thus reasonable to say that evil
" has increased"
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by hopefulLandlord: 1:16pm On Oct 26, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Thousands of years Ago, let's say population is
800 million people and 400 million people are evil.
Now, Population is above 7 billion people assuming 3.5 billion people are evil,

It means that evil has spread as a result of population increase.

It is thus reasonable to say that evil " has increased"
that's absolutely meaningless as I can say "GOOD HAS INCREASED" too
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by OtemSapien: 1:34pm On Oct 26, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

You hit the nail on the head. Everything increases with population increase, including the level of gullibility.

Cc: Originalkalokalo
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by Originakalokalo(m): 3:03pm On Oct 26, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

It is not completely meaningless sir. You derived your conclusion from it by using "too"

That said,

Being good is the default of man.

Evil only corrupted this Nature later.

So, we are concerned about the level of deviation from the default.

Deviation from the default of state of man is EVIL.
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by peacesamuel94(m): 3:04pm On Oct 26, 2017
Dalam0n:

Studies after studies have shown violence has gone down. I've even posted 2 for you here. Where I'd your own research that has shown that violence has increased btw now and 2000 years ago?

We now live on a civilized society where people have human rights compared to back in the days when it was master and slave.

Our morality is better compared to the ancient Romans that were having sex every and anywhere like bonobos.

The Ancient Romans that were having sex every and anywhere were not regarded as moral at that time. And their actions were not considered as standard for living. hope you are not saying sexual pervasion has declined.
when you go to strip clubs you will find people far worse than the ancient romans. at least as at that time sexual perverts like porn actors and actresses were not celebrated and seen as role models like we have now.
Re: Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World by Originakalokalo(m): 3:11pm On Oct 26, 2017
Witches now have association and even endorse political candidates. OPENLY.

People now call themselves SATANIST, LUCIFERIAN, etc OPENLY.

The Devil is now more open than before.

His activities are becoming real/daring

Yes. Evil has been on the increase.

Later, He will Reveal Himself Openly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? / Politicians And Pastors: The Two Things Holding Nigeria Back! / Jesus Is Coming Back!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.