Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action (17045 Views)

HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination / Dialogue Or Arm Twisting Approach. The Case Of Ssanu, Nasu & Naat Strike / Fg Threatens To Invoke ‘no Work, No Pay’ Law, With Ssanu, Nasu, Naat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by oluwashedy: 6:10pm On Sep 21, 2017
Oya make una go compute and publish our results
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by DTaj: 6:12pm On Sep 21, 2017
For the first time, I wish to commend Dr. Chris Ngige, Minister of Labour...

In the past few weeks, he's convened (and attended) several trouble-shooting meetings involving several groups, with most meetings extending till 2am-4am of the following day! A friend told me that the man had not slept more than four hours in the last two weeks...

And again, this is CHANGE. This is the first time in recent history (at least since 1992) that an ASUU strike had lasted only one month (or 5 weeks)!

Also, this is the first time in recent history that a NASU strike had lasted just less than one week!

Again, medical doctors' strike lasted only a few weeks, when in the past, it could last 5 months!

Also, NUPENG strike was averted!

Furthermore, ULC labour strike was averted.

All of these was anchored by Chris Ngige's shuttle diplomacy, long meetings, and conclusion of agreements.

Kudos to NGIGE.

For the first time, Ngige, you did well!

6 Likes

Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by SKIDOMOMENTUM(m): 6:12pm On Sep 21, 2017
That is Federal government for u .They can convince without implement.Let just wait and see how it goes in the next 12 months.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by alex81(m): 6:13pm On Sep 21, 2017
James89:
Useless country,I don't just understand why they called off these strike

Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by Macnnoli4(m): 6:13pm On Sep 21, 2017
Resumption of postponed Post utme loading...80%
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by greatman247(m): 6:13pm On Sep 21, 2017
Everyone just going on strike this day even when they don't need to just because A group go on atrike, groub. B to Z also think they can do same. Just to hold this govt to ransom I guess. But God dey.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by osazsky(m): 6:17pm On Sep 21, 2017
littlewonders:
A country where leaders rule in blood and tears.
Lay foundation on hopeless dream.

I'm waiting for the day, I'll hear that student went on strike nationwide. Students are the one suffering yet nobody cares about them. All these depletion of organization or probably bodies are just there to enrich themselves.

Since all the strike they've been going and calling off, nothing has changed. The same system. Even if a student spend his/her quality time and finance to come up with a project you find that project in a thrash can.

I thought projects are means to research and development. But on the contrary, the leaders spend time on ways of getting fast through government than promoting these projects of future generation.

Anyways, nothing concern me. Congratulations to all the slay queens out there, Business has just begun!!
Rituals is on the increasing. Boys tell your sisters o.. If money no dey make they come back house o... After all certificate don't give jobs these days. Me wey get WAEC, OND, B.sc, M.sc, with other safety certicates, nothing happen. Nobody told me I was my business.

I'm not saying its not good o... But don't kill yourself if can't have it. Gbam!
same way staff suffers too
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by littlewonders: 6:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
osazsky:
same way staff suffers too

You no fit convince, you be staff.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by osazsky(m): 6:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
agabusta:
Good! When ASUU declared strike, the first and 2nd page were filled with curses and abuses towards Buhari, eventhough the problem was an inherited one.

When ASUU called off strike, there was no word of commendation.

Same with Saanu, Nasu and the unserious United NLC. There was harsh criticism, abuses and curses to Buhari and his team when they all declared strikes. Some even went further to declare that Nigeria is totally finished under Buhari. cheesy Infact, the wailings were too synchronised. It

Now that they have all called off strike, one will only find few commendation to the govt of the day for their deft negotiation in resolving the industrial issues.

but we have not received allowee alert am sure d suspension is on condition don't just get excited yet .if our demands are not met by October ending as promised by ngige, prepare for the mother of all strikes
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by Sanemind(m): 6:37pm On Sep 21, 2017
Dexter247:
Thanks to Buhari
u say wetin?
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by dokJ: 6:39pm On Sep 21, 2017
Newbiee:
This Ngige man is really trying oh! Quenching 5 strikes within a month. Only JOHESU remains now.
Kudos to this administration for solving an inherited pile of trade unions problems.
Wailers would not be happy to hear this.
JOHESU always trailing behind Resident Doctors since time immemorial!
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by jericco1(m): 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2017
littlewonders:
A country where leaders rule in blood and tears.
Lay foundation on hopeless dream.

I'm waiting for the day, I'll hear that student went on strike nationwide. Students are the one suffering yet nobody cares about them. All these depletion of organization or probably bodies are just there to enrich themselves.

Since all the strike they've been going and calling off, nothing has changed. The same system. Even if a student spend his/her quality time and finance to come up with a project you find that project in a thrash can.

I thought projects are means to research and development. But on the contrary, the leaders spend time on ways of getting fast through government than promoting these projects of future generation.

Anyways, nothing concern me. Congratulations to all the slay queens out there, Business has just begun!!
Rituals is on the increasing. Boys tell your sisters o.. If money no dey make they come back house o... After all certificate don't give jobs these days. Me wey get WAEC, OND, B.sc, M.sc, with other safety certicates, nothing happen. Nobody told me I was my business.

I'm not saying its not good o... But don't kill yourself if can't have it. Gbam!
you need connection
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by chiraqDemon(m): 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2017
How will they start strike when we are going for hols and suspend it exactly the week that school is supposed to resume. Let them come and finish their full strike, I just got job I've not even enjoyed it for one week. Where do they expect somebody to carry school fees from sad
Is like somebody will find sugar mommy for me o
This kind of Nigeria with lecture timetable from 8 to 6 everyday no space for part time job still come and be reading for 10000 credit unit and be doing unnecessary courses for half of ur stay in school.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by DavGrace(m): 6:56pm On Sep 21, 2017
Danty37:
why did they call off the strike now...?? my cousins will start disturbing me for money now... ko funny
it's inevitable... you can't run away from it.

1 Like

Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by chiraqDemon(m): 6:59pm On Sep 21, 2017
osazsky:
but we have not received allowee alert am sure d suspension is on condition don't just get excited yet .if our demands are not met by October ending as promised by ngige, prepare for the mother of all strikes
Another one week strike??
Just go on strike till u receive the alert b4 u come back. At least stop confusing students. Many of us just got jobs to hustle up and some joined and paid for some training programmes only for u guys to come back, next thing u will strike again and still come back. Next time have a timetable for ur strike and make it public so that we students will be able to plan our lives accordingly. angry

1 Like

Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by Holuwahyomzzy: 7:01pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ok
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by reasonz(m): 7:08pm On Sep 21, 2017
now the government is talking sense
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by otokx(m): 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2017
Newbiee:
This Ngige man is really trying oh! Quenching 5 strikes within a month. Only JOHESU remains now.
Kudos to this administration for solving an inherited pile of trade unions problems.
Wailers would not be happy to hear this.

The man really tried.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by onyxo76(m): 7:32pm On Sep 21, 2017
So were their demands met? or was it just some usual political agreement, imagine tackling issues dating back to 2009
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by littlewonders: 8:04pm On Sep 21, 2017
jericco1:
you need connection

Abeg connect me.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by Keballl: 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2017
agabusta:
Good! When ASUU declared strike, the first and 2nd page were filled with curses and abuses towards Buhari, eventhough the problem was an inherited one.

When ASUU called off strike, there was no word of commendation.

Same with Saanu, Nasu and the unserious United NLC. There was harsh criticism, abuses and curses to Buhari and his team when they all declared strikes. Some even went further to declare that Nigeria is totally finished under Buhari. cheesy Infact, the wailings were too synchronised. It

Now that they have all called off strike, one will only find few commendation to the govt of the day for their deft negotiation in resolving the industrial issues.

Will you keep shut there. What is deft in the negotiation when ASUU will hit harder if Ngige as usual decide to play one of his silly games.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by agabusta: 8:39pm On Sep 21, 2017
Keballl:

Will you keep shut there. What is deft in the negotiation when ASUU will hit harder if Ngige as usual decide to play one of his silly games.

You talk like a kid, you can make your contrary opinion known without being rude. The negotiation was deftly done in such a way that the strike did not even take more than 1 month. Kindly give commendation when due.

If the strike has lasted months you would have endlessly abused Ngige. So it's not bad to commend him.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by Keballl: 8:44pm On Sep 21, 2017
agabusta:

You talk like a kid, you can make your contrary opinion known without being rude. The negotiation was deftly done in such a way that the strike did not even take more than 1 month. Kindly give commendation when due.

If the strike has lasted months you would have endlessly abused Ngige. So it's not bad to commend him.

You know nothing, if Nigige should play games like he usually does the repercussion will be epic. JAC calling off their strike was definitely on the card as soon as ASUU suspended theirs. Their demands was entirely hinged on ASUU position and there wasn't any need for them to continue
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by fratermathy(m): 10:31pm On Sep 21, 2017
Keballl:

You know nothing, if Nigige should play games like he usually does the repercussion will be epic. JAC calling off their strike was definitely on the card as soon as ASUU suspended theirs. Their demands was entirely hinged on ASUU position and there wasn't any need for them to continue

You keep mentioning Ngige as if he is the problem. Was Ngige the one that made agreements that were not upheld by the previous government? Is Ngige the one that did not uphold the agreement reached last year during the warning strike?

Ngige is only the FG's negotiator. Implementation of agreement rests solely upon the President and his directives. So Ngige is not the one to play games, but the government.

And I do agree with you that if the FG doesn't honour the agreement, the mother of strikes in Nigeria will be unleashed, perhaps lasting over a year.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by lanrezy: 10:34pm On Sep 21, 2017
kudos to the number 1 defender Chris ngige.....he has being keeping the shot from our strikers ;Dkudos to the number 1 defender Chris ngige.....he has being keeping the shot from our strikers
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by Abdulrahman4858(m): 1:14am On Sep 22, 2017
Chai
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 22, 2017
LAUTECH
ow far nau?
Make we come back?
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action by donqx: 8:27am On Sep 22, 2017
ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

EDC, Mastercard To Equip 40,000 Nigerians With Entrepreneurial Skills / Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting / How Do I Report A Corrupt JAMB Registration Centre?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.