Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,835 members, 7,806,352 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

What If I Marry A Single Mother? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If I Marry A Single Mother? (1341 Views)

"Chei Why I Marry Dis Girl" Funny Church Banner Spotted In Port-Harcourt / Dubai Yahoo Boy Who Wants To Marry A Prostitute Meets TB Joshua (Video) / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If I Marry A Single Mother? by Ezi39: 7:49pm On Sep 21, 2017
I am at my early forty, and also not immune from the unemployment situation that has gripped most Nigerian graduates.
I have always planned to marry as it is fitting in the Lord but now the odd of getting job that will fetch me money to finance it is slim.
Two Facebook friends who are all single mothers are asking for my hands in marriage. Though I only want one wife.
My question is if it is in accordance with the Bible to marry a single mother if the young man responsible for her only child is still alive?
Does it violate the Bible's rule which limits marriage to unmarried men and women? I am asking this because none of them were officially married and even were denied by the guy.

1 Like

Re: What If I Marry A Single Mother? by consultancy: 7:53pm On Sep 21, 2017
from the vivid narrative u gave about unemployment, ur age, and d 'women' asking for ur hand in marriage(instead of d oda way round); i think u are contemplating getting married to any of dem, to escape poverty and secure your future

to answer ur question. there is notin wrong in gettin married to her even if she has a child, so long as its not anoda mans wife u want to marry.
Re: What If I Marry A Single Mother? by ikbnice(m): 7:58pm On Sep 21, 2017
Sir, are you the one asking their hand in marriage or the other way round. I think single mothers are better than these olosho girls of nowadays with twenty abortions. on
Re: What If I Marry A Single Mother? by Larryfest(m): 7:59pm On Sep 21, 2017
I think you ought to ask a pastor about what the bible accords to such but generally speaking it's the love that matters between the both of you and as for the other man who owns the child , well as long as you are not dragging his kid with him then you have no worries atal..
Re: What If I Marry A Single Mother? by kendrick9(m): 8:05pm On Sep 21, 2017
bro,single mother or not if u lyk the lady go ahead and marry...stop seeking validation from strangers

2 Likes

Re: What If I Marry A Single Mother? by Ezi39: 8:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
consultancy:
from the vivid narrative u gave about unemployment, ur age, and d 'women' asking for ur hand in marriage(instead of d oda way round); i think u are contemplating getting married to any of dem, to escape poverty and secure your future

to answer ur question. there is notin wrong in gettin married to her even if she has a child, so long as its not anoda mans wife u want to marry.

They are all inveigling me into marrying them. You need to see how some single mothers are asking for men's hands in marriage.
Re: What If I Marry A Single Mother? by consultancy: 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ezi39:

They are all inveigling me into marrying them. You need to see how some single mothers are asking for men's hands in marriage.
well then, it is one who wears the shoe that knows where it pinches. do ur evaluations and take ur decision. like a poster up der sed, u do not need validation from anyone here to knw if its a good idea to marry any of dem, or if they will be good wives to u. As for advice, i have given mine already. cheers
Re: What If I Marry A Single Mother? by hopefulLandlord: 8:20pm On Sep 21, 2017
in the hole-ly BuyBull Joseph was not Jesus father and Jesus father was still alive
Re: What If I Marry A Single Mother? by thorpido(m): 8:41pm On Sep 21, 2017
Bible never said don't marry a single mother but another man's wife.
You can date and marry any of the ladies but be sure you really love each other and not because you are old a d don't have much money now.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Dr Paul Enenche Glittering Designers Shoes As He Dances For The Lord / Imagine Nigeria Bans Christianity And Islam! / Gods, Our Ignorance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.