Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal (28504 Views)

MMM Announces A “RESTART. Nigerians Weep / MMM Has Crashed Again: The Secret Behind The Ponzi [exposed] / My Advice To Those Still Into MMM.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by dre11(m): 7:53pm On Sep 21, 2017
CYRIACUS IZUEKWE

Hundreds of artisans and motorcycles operators in Ejigbo area of Lagos are now in tears after they incurred huge losses from the money they entrusted to a woman.

The money about N4.5m was their daily savings popularly called ‘Ajo’ which they gave to the woman but she fled after some time. The incident happened at Anuoluwapo Street in Ejigbo where the woman resided with her family and also used as her office.

The police have started manhunt for the suspect known as Ogochukwu for the alleged fraud but she could not be traced as she was said to have moved out from the house with her family due to pressure from the victims.

P.M.EXPRESS reports that the suspect reportedly used their money for the ponzi scheme – MMM with the hope that she will make more profit. But unfortunately, the whole money got stuck in the scheme and she was unable to refund money to the victims.

The scam was exposed when those who deposited their money in her care wanted to withdraw it in order to pay school fees and house rent but she started telling them stories and making unfulfilled promises.

It was gathered that when she could not settle those who needed to take their money back and others got to know, they reportedly came at once to take their money.

According to the victims, she asked them to come the next day so that she will go to the banks to withdraw the money but when they came they were told that she had parked out in the night to an undisclosed place. P.M.EXPRESS visited the residents and her neighbours and confirmed the incident. They explained that the woman had to leave for her safety and that of her family.

Meanwhile, the police have been making effort to trace her as she was said to have gone back to their village in Nnewi, Anambra State. Some of the victims lamented their frustration over the incident. Some said they have been saving the money to in order to pay their children’s school fees and rent because they were not making much money again, but could not do so again because of the fraud.

Some of the victims said that the woman was greedy otherwise she would not have used the customers money for the MMM ponzi scheme and thereby putting the life of many families in jeopardy.

When our correspondent visited the house, the landlord had pasted a notice in front of the gate with the inscription “Alajo is no more living here”.

At the Ejigbo police station where the matter was reported, the police confirmed it and the source said the police was seriously looking forward to her arrest and prosecution.

http://pmexpressng.com/woman-flees-home-using-customers-n4-5m-failed-mmm-deal/

lalasticlala
Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by madridguy(m): 7:55pm On Sep 21, 2017
So painful. MMM shocked

16 Likes

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by Evablizin(f): 7:56pm On Sep 21, 2017
embarassed

MMM ehhhhhh what have you done ehhhh chai.I told some people that they are indirect cheerful givers but they did'nt listen.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by kingphilip(m): 7:56pm On Sep 21, 2017
Is the scam called mmm still on

7 Likes

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by Florblu(f): 7:57pm On Sep 21, 2017
LMAO! I just dey laugh.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by jessejunior(m): 7:59pm On Sep 21, 2017
MMM still causing harm

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by thorpido(m): 8:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
The things wey ponzi scheme don cause ehn!
Some people don commit suicide because of this thing.

19 Likes

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by adeememman(m): 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2017
Chai, MMM do ppl something

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by dominique(f): 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2017
If she's wasn't greedy and stupid, the gain from the thrift collection ought to be enough for her. Hope she gets caught and arrested.

People should be careful about saving money with all these alajo people o, my tailor has over 200k stuck with one. Just like this one, she is also refusing to come clean about what she did with people's monies. I won't be surprised if she also flees sef. I'd rather save my money in a piggy bank (kolo) than with those people.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by chiiraq802(m): 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2017
grin.....Village people at work.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by DanielsParker(m): 9:17pm On Sep 21, 2017
Lol, if na you, you no go run?

how she wan take pay 4.5m

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by soberdrunk(m): 9:17pm On Sep 21, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by naijaboiy: 9:17pm On Sep 21, 2017
People still do MMM?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by Lordcenturion2(m): 9:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
There is something that I didn't understand precisely, Is mmm using juju to collect money from them or something?, are they still functioning underground or something?, y ladies are the one fallen for this most after what happened in the first place?

1 Like

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by Isaacpyo04(m): 9:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
Olojokokoro eniyan. I pray she's apprehended.
Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by fergie001: 9:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
grin
Gbese re

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by kings09(m): 9:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
Mmm dey?
Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by LOVEGINO(m): 9:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
O my good God! E no easy. May god bless d risk takers.

1 Like

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by Zico5(m): 9:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
The biggest lie ever. She should tell the people where she kept the money, I'm sure she didn't put it in MMM. People are just using MMM to perpetrate their evil acts. Maybe she play bet9ja

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
Smart lady. grin
Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by lonelydora: 9:20pm On Sep 21, 2017
Op, why are you opening my 2016 December old wound? Chai...My 75k oooooo. Please where's Chudi's house? I want to just visit him and talk.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by demsid(m): 9:20pm On Sep 21, 2017
MMM will not kill person angry grin
Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by quiverfull(m): 9:20pm On Sep 21, 2017
Investment eyaf enter water.
Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by bangalee1(m): 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2017
Aghhh

9 Likes

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2017
This is the first time I'm hearing of mmm after a long time.
Most of the preoccupying news is that of IPOB,slaymamas and co.
Change is indeed constant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by Realrex(m): 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2017
fucking mmm

1 Like

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by back2sender: 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
kingphilip:
Is the scam called mmm still on
YES ooo. NnaMMMdi COWNU the biafra man playing kalokalo with people's lives in the East

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by chuose2: 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
a
Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by Throwback: 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
Beware of ponzis like MMM.

They only bring misery in the long run.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by veacea: 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
What is MMM?

2 Likes

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by NLProblemChild(m): 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
Rip to the dead

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Flees Home After Using Customers N4.5m For Failed MMM Deal by sisisioge: 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
Chai! MMM is still making the rounds...me sef
for don run go my village if I had been able to borrow then grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg / What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? / How Much Should I Take For Hire Purchase In Keke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.