Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,056 members, 7,807,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition (46281 Views)

Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? / Baby Born In Egypt With Two Heads, One Heart, Two Spines / Baby In Pains As Her Head Continues To Swell Due To Medical Condition. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Angelanest: 9:11pm On Sep 21, 2017
Parents of this little baby suffering from a medical condition known as Hydrocephalus are lamenting after being unable to take care of their child medically due to financial restraints. According to reports, the little baby who was delivered last month in Jos, Plateau state - has been in pains following the gathering of fluids in her brain and also her back.

Hydrocephalus is a brain condition that happens when cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) — the clear, watery fluid that surrounds and cushions the brain and spinal cord — can't drain from the brain. It then pools, causing a buildup of fluid in the skull.

Hydrocephalus (also called "water on the brain"wink can make babies' and young children's heads swell to make room for the excess fluid. Older kids, whose skull bones have matured and fused together, have painful headaches from the increased pressure in the head.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/09/baby-born-with-hydrocephalus-condition-in-jos.html

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by PROPUNTER(m): 9:15pm On Sep 21, 2017
The Baby wan turn to Edward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Ekikor(m): 9:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
Blood of God shocked .. I may not sleep again this night :|

1 Like

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Cinkq: 9:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
When lack of money makes you powerless or when physicians fail, JESUS IS ALWAYS AN OPTION.

Let the parent of that baby take him/her to church. I've seen a case similar to that solved by jesus before. My advice w'd only look funny or stupid to you if you have not tasted Jesus power.

86 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by baybeeboi: 9:23pm On Sep 21, 2017
This is a condition called hydrochephalus. It is a condition where there's too much fluid in the skull. An operation will be required to drain the water from the skull.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Godmother(f): 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2017
baybeeboi:
This is a condition called hydrochephalus. It is a condition where there's too much fluid in the skull. An operation will be required to drain the water from the skull.

Yea, the original post has already said this smiley

I hope someone helps this child soon. I can't begin to imagine the pain she's in.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Homeboiy: 9:35pm On Sep 21, 2017
will her head return to normal after treatments?

7 Likes

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by baybeeboi: 9:51pm On Sep 21, 2017
Godmother:

Yea, the original post has already said this smiley

I hope someone helps this child soon. I can't begin to imagine the pain she's in.
its a terrible condition. Av come accross lots of children with it. At a stage the head becomes too heavy for the body the child would be as though crippled. It even affects the brain as the child becomes kind of imbecillic.

There was a Siuth African Lady in Nigeria some time back who offered free treatment for children with the condition. Dont know if she still around though.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Rtopzy(f): 9:59pm On Sep 21, 2017
What is this? I feel for this baby

1 Like

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by DEXTROVERT: 10:05pm On Sep 21, 2017
its Called Hydrocephalus when The Ventricle system has a blocked communication with the drainage Hence Accumulated and head swells
surgery can be done such as creating Ventricular peritoneal shunts etc

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Discharge(m): 10:20pm On Sep 21, 2017
I Proclaim healing to this Baby.
joining Faith with my Nigerian people and Biafrans

20 Likes

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by nalnaya: 10:20pm On Sep 21, 2017
baybeeboi:

shocked shocked
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Kestolove(m): 10:21pm On Sep 21, 2017
May God heal her

3 Likes

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by JoshMedia: 10:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
God help you, young girl

Check my signature

2 Likes

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Ayo4251(m): 10:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
If it were to be an advance country, I believe the kid would have undergone the proper surgery... Poor medical service in Nigeria... sad

2 Likes

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by littlewonders: 10:23pm On Sep 21, 2017
Too bad
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Naff24(f): 10:23pm On Sep 21, 2017
PROPUNTER:

undecided undecided undecided

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by flawlessT(f): 10:23pm On Sep 21, 2017
DEXTROVERT:
its
Called
Hydrocephalus
when
The
Ventricle
system
has
a
blocked
communication
with
the
drainage
Hence
Accumulated
and
head
swells

surgery
can
be
done
such
as
creating
Ventricular peritoneal shunts etc
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Jacktheripper: 10:23pm On Sep 21, 2017
So she is her I thought he is him
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 21, 2017
PROPUNTER:
You need a resounding slap. Who has the Odunlade slapping picture?

9 Likes

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Jacktheripper: 10:24pm On Sep 21, 2017
Kestolove:
May God heal her
How do u know she is her
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Naff24(f): 10:25pm On Sep 21, 2017
Kai...may God heal her and the rest of being struggling to survive.

1 Like

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by claremont(m): 10:27pm On Sep 21, 2017
The fluid needs to be drained quickly before permanent brain damage sets in. These kind of cases reminds us that quality and affordable healthcare is relatively non-existent in Nigeria. The usual folks will always flock into threads like these with their ''God will heal the baby'', ''May God perform a miracle'', ''Take the baby to so-so-and-so church/mosque for healing'' etc etc.

6 Likes

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Naff24(f): 10:28pm On Sep 21, 2017
Jacktheripper:

How do u know she is her

When u no go read update undecided

2 Likes

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by busjeep: 10:28pm On Sep 21, 2017
They just born the poor child come suffer sad....even if the pikin well na. How will he live freely in this world with that kind head....God have mercy on us lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Estiara(f): 10:29pm On Sep 21, 2017
What are the chances of survival during and/or sequel to the operation?

baybeeboi:
Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by Daboywizzy: 10:35pm On Sep 21, 2017
The power of God can Cleanse that child.

Such a Sickness that is Terminal, Only the Hand of Jesus can Crush it.

since distance is not a barrier in the Glory, I speak to that growth of The Head, and I command it to dematerialize in the Name of Jesus, Amen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by idinc(m): 10:41pm On Sep 21, 2017
PROPUNTER:
are we rili both humans? cos i dont think we share same features

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Head Of Baby Born In Jos Continues Swells Continuously Due To Medical Condition by attention007(m): 10:42pm On Sep 21, 2017
Before it goes outta hand let them seek medical help

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obuwe Tega, AuchiPoly Student Dies After Complaining Of Movement In Her Body / Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Bleach In Surulere / Idayat Gbadamosi: Ways Of Fighting Coronavirus With Herbs By Boosting Immunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.