Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,695 members, 7,805,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession (21665 Views)

Iran Claims It Has Attacked An Israeli Spy Base In Kurdistan(photos) / Kurdistan New State Is Smelling Pepper / The Kurdish Referendum And What You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by pasol4real(m): 10:40am On Sep 22, 2017
holatin:
the same UN nnamdi hunchback wan call for help, don't support secession, mehn tears go full this thread, let me find boat to swim in the tears of ipob
Dumb heads every where
How does this Show that the un n uk does not Support referendum.
They only said they wud not ssupport the kurdish because of the war against isis.
Pls always try n read details n not headlines .

2 Likes

Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by SBJoji(m): 10:40am On Sep 22, 2017
Is it the capital city of biafra?
Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:43am On Sep 22, 2017
kindklemz:

You are wrong man except you want to continue courting for more deaths from the Nigerian Army.
Referendum is alien to the Nigerian constituted law and unless it is amended it can not be achieved.

Yes bro, the word referendum can be used in regards to the amendment of the constitution. Personally I am not a pro Biafra or IPOB individual but my stance is this - The FG had better be wise and take up the call for restructuring, failure to do that would result in the call for a national referendum and while it might not be constitutional, the international law and UN charter supports the call for self determination, Nigeria being a part of the international community and a part of the UN would have no choice but to adhere to the laws, failure to do so could result in the freezing of Nigeria's assets, countless embargoes (mind you our primary source of income is through exporting crude, we can't risk an embargo), excommunication, charges of war crimes the list is endless. Lets not even go there, I would like to believe that there are at least one or two people who still reason with their brain in the government so hopefully reason would prevail and the FG would play the ONLY CARD THEY HAVE NOW which is to agree to a national dialogue on restructuring.
Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by Doyin2(m): 10:43am On Sep 22, 2017
BabaRamotu1988:
[left][/left]
hypocrites everywhere

Exactly!

They brandish UN chatter and rights to self determination,only when it suits their interest.

I pity all mumus, who think Nigeria should not protect her interest against session.

Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by victorvezx(m): 10:45am On Sep 22, 2017
pasol4real:

Dumb heads every where
They only said they wud not ssupport the kurdish because of the war against isis.
Even when there was peace for many decades, the united nation, turkey, Iraq and the world still did not support them. Their struggle for independence did not start today

1 Like

Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by bayelsaowei(m): 10:52am On Sep 22, 2017
omenka:
Boko Haram is yet to be defeated. cheesy
is that the same reason given for Nigerias negative feeling towards secession What's the reason for our anti-secession behavior??
Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by Topmaike007(m): 10:53am On Sep 22, 2017
dis un or what is there name?dey should give pple freedom and let us no pple dat remain.
Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by free2ryhme: 10:55am On Sep 22, 2017
omenka:
Instead of reading "Jesus Christ is coming soon", your signature should have read "my brain is coming soon". cheesy

Maybe ipob terrorists should look to Cameroon to come help salvage their hopeless situation. wink
Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by me69: 10:55am On Sep 22, 2017
The prophecies of the Messenger of Allah PBUH will surely come to pass, all these contemporary events are a eye opener for the believers. If they create a Kurd state then it may well lead to the big war that was prophesied between Muslims and the disbelievers and of course Muslims shall come out victorious
Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by OmoManU: 10:55am On Sep 22, 2017
This are people that mean business
Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by Abagworo(m): 10:55am On Sep 22, 2017
The truth remains that there can never be peaceful secession anywhere including US. A secession comes with price of millions of deaths and permanent crisis. Everybody knows this but those who lost election in 2015 want all of us to start killing each other because of bitterness of the loss and blockage of their free money.

1 Like

Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by rufus7719: 10:57am On Sep 22, 2017
I can't stop laughing in Biafra's language kkikkikkikki. KANU or what do they call that boy. Even the great ,visionary, articulate, brilliant, dynamic and ever respected Ojuku can not actualise Biafra. Is it this vissionless,directionless, static,dull,week and Lilly livered Nnamdi Kanu that will do it. Only the sound of a gun short 10km away he disappeared. I pity those young boys and girls following him.
Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by CEOYOMZZYBLOG: 10:58am On Sep 22, 2017
Ok
Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:58am On Sep 22, 2017
Abagworo:
The truth remains that there can never be peaceful secession anywhere including US. A secession comes with price of millions of deaths and permanent crisis. Everybody knows this but those who lost election in 2015 want all of us to start killing each other because of bitterness of the loss and blockage of their free money.

Personally I detest the idea of secession but look around you in Nigeria, see the injustice, see how some take advantage of the filthy write up we call a constitution. I am all for restructuring but if the FG refuses to do that, then man's nature for survival and improvement would just have to kick in!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by Doyin2(m): 11:00am On Sep 22, 2017
pasol4real:

Dumb heads every where

I think you are the dumb head.

In whose interest is the war?

Does that not suggest to you that despite the UN's chatter on rights to secession,it is national interest that comes first,not sectional interest!

#theUnityOfNigeriaIsNotNegotiable grin
Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by BabaRamotu1988: 11:03am On Sep 22, 2017
[s]
omenka:
They talk about game plan. What exactly is ipob's game plan besides inundating cyberspace with hopeless lies and propaganda?

If those two could get them there, their plans would have come to fruition a long time ago.
[/s]
claptrap
Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by elderhimself(m): 11:15am On Sep 22, 2017
Some people wont learn from this example oh
Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 22, 2017
Iraqi Kurdistan independence will never come to fruition as long as Ankara exists. Fact.
Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by Throwback: 11:55am On Sep 22, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-determination

Kai proper aboki man, see stupidity being exhibited at its finest. The international law (read here : http://www.un.org/en/sections/un-charter/chapter-i/index.html) states that every people or nation are ENTITLED to self determination (something the parasites would tag as secession), the international law is supreme in all ramifications to that of the laws of nations / countries, Nigeria is part of the international community / UN. So unless Nigeria decides to stupidly pull out of the UN, then I am afraid Nigeria has to adhere to these laws, so the Nigerian constitution cannot over ride the international law of self determination

Lesson one : served!

Lesson two: Cooking, look below

Secondly, look up the word referendum - there isn't a single definition of referendum

In the Nigerian context, we can rightly say that referendum doesn't apply to constitutional amendment, why? because we use the term "constitutional amendment" in Nigeria whenever we want to amend the constitution! You and I both know what a referendum means in the Nigerian context, a referendum also means the same to the Catalans and numerous nations. Me and you no dey go ansarudden or almajiri school, Eagle and vulture no be the same lol. The proposal defines the referendum, In Nigeria we all know what the term "national referendum" stands for

Oya come and go and ask your Almajiri "intellectuals" for more propaganda fire power lol

Are you therefore saying that UN does not know its own laws as regards the Kurdish self determination that is being led by the recognised Kurdish leadership unlike a rudderless IPOB who no one vested or reposed representative authority on?

What has happened to the much touted supremacy of international law when its custodians are the very same people posing an obstacle to the self determination of the Kurds?

When will UN sanction Spain and her courts for declaring the Catalonian self determination as ilegal? Are the Spanish courts unaware of how useless their national constitution is in comparison to international law as it concerns self determination?

Are you therefore saying every nation that wants to break into country villages are free to do so in Europe or Asia or Americas? Then why the resistance from all countries around the world in allowing every little village that feels it has the right to self determination from doing so?

Are you therefore saying the Deputy Senate President, who is Igbo and has already detailed the futility of IPOB's separatist ambitions and the irrelevance of international self determination law in applying to many cases around the world where national constitutions have made such illegal and futile, is speaking from a position of ignorance?

Now that you have educated your own ignorant self that a referendum is a tool in form of a vote used to adopt a new law like I have already spelt out before, what do you mean that we all know what "national referendum" means?

Is it to adopt the submission of the national conference of Obasanjo regime or that of the Jonathan regime?

Is it to remove states or create more states or return to regional governments?

Is it to abandon presidential democracy and return to parliamentary democracy?

What exactly is your own national referendum because I know I have heard demands for referendum on many national topics so many times before IPOB had access to a radio station?

If you say referendum does not equate to constitutional amendment in Nigeria, why then are you asking for referendum when your own objective is a vote for secession that is not allowed by the constitution? Or why are you defeating your own argument?

Shouldn't the national assembly be tasked by those who want secession, to amend the constitution to allow for secession?

I repeat, what is this aimless referendum you keep harping on when it is just a tool and not the objective?Unfortunately for you, it is a tool to an objective that is constitutionally non-existent.

I hope you can answer the straight questions I have posed without ambiguity.

1 Like

Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by CIADeepCover2: 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2017
omenka:
cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44.

Good morning Nairaland. wink
Do you have a comprehension problem or what? The article you posted was never in any way insinuating that the Uk, the US were against the referendum in the Kurdish region of Iraq. They were simply concerned about the dangers of having a referendum now will pose against the fight on "Daesh". So, your unintelligent attempt in trying to draw comparisons with the situation in Nigeria is poor and out of order! The Uk and the rest only asked the Kurds to postpone it because of the security challenges there. The only people that will buy the narrative you want to sell with this article are the zombies who cannot decipher simple meanings from an article as clear as this.
Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by Mydazz(m): 12:27pm On Sep 22, 2017
Talkwell:
grin

If U.N can distance itself from the Kurds what of our brothers in the east cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Even when the kurds are helping in the fight against IS, how much more a country, I mean a group with no direct benefits

1 Like

Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by alt3r3g0: 12:29pm On Sep 22, 2017
YelloweWest:
Secession is never an easy thing.

How much more when landlocked.
Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by apalemighty01(m): 12:32pm On Sep 22, 2017
ifeanyija:
But Uk held referandum to exit EU
EU is not a country. its just an European body. kinda lik if u say AU,ECOWAS
Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by ifeanyija(m): 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2017
apalemighty01:

EU is not a country. its just an European body. kinda lik if u say AU,ECOWAS
but there was a referandum? why?
Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by konoplyanka: 1:03pm On Sep 22, 2017
CIADeepCover2:

Do you have a comprehension problem or what? The article you posted was never in any way insinuating that the Uk, the US were against the referendum in the Kurdish region of Iraq. They were simply concerned about the dangers of having a referendum now will pose against the fight on "Daesh". So, your unintelligent attempt in trying to draw comparisons with the situation in Nigeria is poor and out of order! The Uk and the rest only asked the Kurds to postpone it because of the security challenges there. The only people that will buy the narrative you want to sell with this article are the zombies who cannot decipher simple meanings from an article as clear as this.

don't you think that since Nigeria is fighting boko haram, it is not in the best time for secession too?
Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by brightalo17: 1:04pm On Sep 22, 2017
omenka:
In addition to this, the Spanish government has started screwing the Catalonia authorities up their assess, aided by the UN and US, yet some people put their hopes in those bodies.

I laugh.

If there's gonna be a referendum, the Nigerian parliament is the only body that can bring that about.

The earlier these guys wake up to the realities of international diplomacy and politics, the better for them.

Thank you my brother, they kept making noise about Catalonia referendum which is not even insulting, violent full of threat,with whole lots of unlawful activities e.g. BSS and Flags. e.t.c. Let them go and read what is going on about the same referendum today. SMH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2017
omenka:
cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44.

Good morning Nairaland. wink

Any country that lacks Equity, fairness n justice will one day split. Because one day the oppressed will have a strong chance of taking their freedom. Weldone to the Kurds, Since Iraq does not want u to be equals wit the Kurds, then they would accept them to be equal as neighbours

#Referendum.
Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2017
holatin:
the same UN nnamdi hunchback wan call for help, don't support secession, mehn tears go full this thread, let me find boat to swim in the tears of ipob

The UN sighted that a Kurds independence or problems that might come out from it might affect the war on isis.

The Kurds have the gunz already, They are also battle ready because they have been battle hardened from their fight against isis for 3 years now

They will go ahead with their referendum, Freedom is priceless.
Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by apalemighty01(m): 2:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
ifeanyija:
but there was a referandum? why?

Because dey made a pact to work together, both in trade and security. UK government wanted out, so the referendum was to see if the citizens wnt the SAME thing
Re: UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession by Eastfield1: 3:37pm On Sep 22, 2017
vary unfortunate that the UN has no say on this.
the Kurds have everything it takes to become a country of it own and no one can stand on their way.
the Kurdish army single handedly defeated the ISIS and the Iragi army are so afraid of them.
the UN distanced themselves because the know that allowing Kurd to have their own Country will create instability in the sorounding Regions & Country because Iran, Turkey, and Syrea will Neva allow it as there are Large Chunk of Kurdish land & people scattered All over this 4 Countries(Iraq,Syrea,Turkey & Iran)
this four countries are scared of Creation of another Mini ISREAL in their mist.
the new Country(Kurdistan) in Iraq, will therefore serve as A OPERATING BASE for Kurdish militants Operating in the other countries.
(Turkey,Iran,& Syria)
because the Kurdish people/militants in Syria,Iran,& Turkey are also fight to Secede from them.
So it is the War & Instability that The New Country will Create that the UN is Taking into Consideration.
But the New Country will Surely be Created by Crook or Hook cos they are backed by US & Isreal who are so much interested in Creating Instability in the region becos when they are busy fighting themselves, the Us & Isreal will have some peace at home
omenka:
Mynd44, Lalasticlala, don't you think this thread would make for some healthy political jousting? We are in very unique times and this event captures the essence of this time.

Cc: Seun.

Aufbauh:

Onye'nkem, You wan resurrect this thread by fire by force.
I dey behind u......Udo deh Nwannem! cheesy

Thank God we don't have secessionist in this country as our own main problem here is Terrorism.

Imagine small country like Nigeria have two Terrorist groups.... Haba, satan wetin we do you for we obodo naija?
Throwback:
Isn't this the same UN, US and UK that IPOB have placed their hopes on?

I laugh in Biafra.
Talkwell:
grin

If U.N can distance itself from the Kurds what of our brothers in the east cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
intruxive
you guys are trying so hard to convince us to give up on Biafra, only that y'all are doing it the Wrong way cos as a matter of Fact,
we know the Real deal on the Ground
THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT CAN STOP THE KURDS FROM HAVING THEIR ON COUNTRY ARE THE KURDISH PEOPLE THEMSELVES.
even turkey army fear them so much that all they threatening to do to them if they form their own country is to SANCTION THEM.
SO U SEE.
THE CHOICE ONLY REST ON THE SHOULDER OF THE KURDISH PEOPLE

Kurdish population
The Kurdish people live in the historical Kurdistan region, which today is split between Iran , Iraq , Turkey , and
Syria
. [2] The estimated population is 35 million.
[url]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurdish_population[/url]
Kurds
"Kurd" redirects here. For other uses, see Kurd (disambiguation) .
The Kurds ( Kurdish: Kurd , ﮐﻮﺭﺩ ) or the Kurdish people ( Kurdish : Gelê Kurd, ﮔەﻟﯽ ﮐﻮﺭﺩ ) are an ethnic group
[25] in the Middle East, mostly inhabiting a contiguous area spanning adjacent parts of southeastern Turkey ( Northern Kurdistan ), northwestern Iran ( Eastern Kurdistan ), northern Iraq ( Southern Kurdistan), and northern Syria ( Western Kurdistan ). [26] The Kurds are culturally, historically and linguistically classified as belonging to the
Iranian peoples
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurds

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Dead, 2 Injured In Norway Bow And Arrow Attack, Suspect Is A Muslim Convert / Ukraine: Russia Must Not Win, We Will Send Ground Troops If Necessary - Macron / Kenya's Supreme Court Upholds William Ruto's Presidential Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.