Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman (27263 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Exciton(m): 2:15pm On Sep 22, 2017
omenka:
I'd rather not believe an acclaimed scholar made this statement.

Lol. She's a popular writer, not a scholar.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Rajosh(m): 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2017
so She's claiming Diezani is being victimized because of her gender? I'm surprised this is coming from a supposed intelligent woman. Only Diezani can rival Abacha in the looting game.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by handsomebanana(m): 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2017
Timbuktuo:
Yes, just like Sambo Dasuki and Nnamdi Kanu who are also women.

I am yet to see what this woman contributes to the public sphere asides storytelling. In terms of logic and critical thinking, she is seriously deficient.

Abeg, carry your useless identity politics stay for Yankee or Europe or wherever you choose to be. We have too many problems for you to come and start chatting trash here.

I agree with u on d bolded a thousand percent.

All corrupt politicians are pilloried and denigrated by honest citizens of this country.

Saying that a female thief was criticized and attacked just because she was a woman is as a result of groundbreaking stupidity.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Throwback: 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2017
Afam4eva:

It was because Dasuki wronged Buhari in the past.

As for Tafa Balogun, it was because he fell out with Obasanjo.

So Ibori must have wronged Jonathan then, since Yar Adua gave him protection, but he fled Nigeria when Jonathan his fellow Niger Delta brother began hounding him for being a member of the Yar Adua cabal that wanted to deny Jonathan power.

In the end, the UK cared not for African sentiments, they simply applied their laws to re-convict a former convict.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by kingthreat(m): 2:17pm On Sep 22, 2017
Chimanda will support anything a woman. If her husband were to be shot by his mistress, she'd even defend that mistress. I can bet she uses a dilddo for recreation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by SBG04: 2:17pm On Sep 22, 2017
I have no idea why this girl is celebrated abroad. Her books are just there, barely readable to me. The film adaptations are even worse. Its good to know she sounds as shallow and empty as her books make her out to be. I would hate to say this, but this is the kind of nonsense you would expect to hear from an Igbo person. They are people devoid of morals. A thief is a thief. I haven't seen any thread on Nairaland where Madueke's gender is used as a basis for condemning her. Its only this igbo bigot and biafra apologist that sees things that way undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Tipsee2: 2:19pm On Sep 22, 2017
May GOD help us oh
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by ogtavia(m): 2:21pm On Sep 22, 2017
ALways playing the gender card..madam we've heard..but come and live in Naija small and see if you will send all this your gender equality talk..

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Chukazu: 2:22pm On Sep 22, 2017
Timbuktuo:
Yes, just like Sambo Dasuki and Nnamdi Kanu who are also women.

I am yet to see what this woman contributes to the public sphere asides storytelling. In terms of logic and critical thinking, she is seriously deficient.

Abeg, carry your useless identity politics stay for Yankee or Europe or wherever you choose to be. We have too many problems for you to come and start chatting trash here.

what has Nnamdi KANU got to do with stealing undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Bigsteveg(m): 2:23pm On Sep 22, 2017
nwabobo:
Beauty and brains.
Obviously you are the exact opposite of what you just typed.
I totally disagree, thief na thief. The focus was on her because she held an important position.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Phi001(m): 2:23pm On Sep 22, 2017
Sometimes, Chimamanda says ludicrous things...

She's a writer, that's all. Who sent her to start talking politics? undecided

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Chukazu: 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2017
SBG04:
I have no idea why this girl is celebrated abroad. Her books are just there, barely readable to me. The film adaptations are even worse. Its good to know she sounds as shallow and empty as her books make her out to be. I would hate to say this, but this is the kind of nonsense you would expect to hear from an Igbo person. They are people devoid of morals. A thief is a thief. I haven't seen any thread on Nairaland where Madueke's gender is used as a basis or condemning her. Its only this igbo bigot and biafra apologist that sees things that way undecided

when you don't have brain to read how can you graspundecided

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by linearity: 2:25pm On Sep 22, 2017
Ore000:
ok, what are you trying to say
Ibori that went to prison is now a haemaphrodite

Ibori didn't go to prison in Nigeria, all charges against him Nigeria were quenched.

Plus, he was given a hero's welcome back to Nigeria and he is still been celebrated, consulted and reverend even till today in many quarters in Nigeria.

Though, Adichie is a feminist to a fault and sometimes is blinded by her zealous pursuits to extol the female gender and as such I will not subscribe completely to her views on this.

Agreed, women thieves, prostutions, gang members, professionals, etc are looked at and judged differently compare to their male counterparts...but Haba! that woman steal plenty money oh. So it is very difficult to conclude that, the extend to which she is currently judged is because of the heights of her stealing or if the 'woman factor' have crept in...to me, it's a toss up.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Bigsteveg(m): 2:26pm On Sep 22, 2017
Afam4eva:

It was because Dasuki wronged Buhari in the past.

As for Tafa Balogun, it was because he fell out with Obasanjo.
And Ibori also did not fall out?
Oga park well

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by FisifunKododada: 2:27pm On Sep 22, 2017
Afam4eva:

It was because Bode George was trying to overshadow Obasanjo in the South West.

Whatever skunk you are smoking...I want to sample...your circular reasoning is stupendous tongue

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Alexis0147(m): 2:27pm On Sep 22, 2017
Adichie shud shut up... The reason Diezaini is facing so much backlash is because no Nigerian wud allow go to jail because she is a WOMAN and we treat Women specially... but she must receive the backlash for stealing

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by wristbangle: 2:29pm On Sep 22, 2017
kingthreat:
Chimanda will support anything a woman. If her husband were to be shot by his mistress, she'd even defend that mistress. I can bet she uses a dilddo for recreation.

cheesy LOL

I have to read her speech again and what comes to my mind is if she or her type becomes the president of this country (not that I am envying), all men (whether good/bad) are in trouble. Her stance will make most ladies become arrogant, rude and possessive to the extent that cockroach would be seen to have more value than men.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 2:29pm On Sep 22, 2017
I respect Chimamanda for her literary prowess. But this her feminist fight i think is targeted at gaining relevance internationally, she also supports gay-ism and lesbianism. She knows her game and it is paying her internationally.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Zelex9(m): 2:33pm On Sep 22, 2017
Quite a disappointing statement by Chimamanda. Has it not come across her mind that the reason why there is such uproar surrounding Mrs Madueke might be due to the astonishing amounts involved rather than gender?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Timbuktuo: 2:34pm On Sep 22, 2017
Chukazu:

what has Nnamdi KANU got to do with stealing undecided

Obviously, according to your sister, Diezani is being persecuted because she's a female criminal.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by raumdeuter: 2:35pm On Sep 22, 2017
Let a man and a woman steal in the market place

Max the woman would be stripped naked, The man will be lucky to be stripped naked on another day, he might be barbecued

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Bigsteveg(m): 2:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
Timbuktuo:

Really?
I like how you reply Jokerman. He's really ajoker.
Madueke held a very important post when there was oil boom.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by jejemanito: 2:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
AZeD1:

She's way smarter than you. You should read and re read then ask someone more intelligent to explain what she meant.

PS: the amount of people who can't understand a simple statement is baffling, is our education system this terrible?

For the uninformed, please read this

E
I admire your "intelligence."

Ibori's "prison sentence" is a much softer punishment than the honeymoon Madueke is currently enjoying overseas while the hardest thing to have hit her is the senseless "media trial" EFCC is battling to keep alive.

I admire your intelligence!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by LoveMachine(m): 2:37pm On Sep 22, 2017
It takes a special kind of stupidity to reason like this. Do better.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by lilmax(m): 2:37pm On Sep 22, 2017
never gets old grin

na today?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by joenor(m): 2:38pm On Sep 22, 2017
Ok nice one.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by GoldNiagara(m): 2:41pm On Sep 22, 2017
aminulive:

http://politicsngr.com/2017/09/22/diezani-wouldnt-treated-bad-man-chimamanda-adichie/

This girl no get sense, so she should be excused cos she is a woman thief. We find it appalling that a woman will have the temerity to steal such humongous kind of money.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by mablie(m): 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
SBG04:
I have no idea why this girl is celebrated abroad. Her books are just there, barely readable to me. The film adaptations are even worse. Its good to know she sounds as shallow and empty as her books make her out to be. I would hate to say this, but this is the kind of nonsense you would expect to hear from an Igbo person. They are people devoid of morals. A thief is a thief. I haven't seen any thread on Nairaland where Madueke's gender is used as a basis or condemning her. Its only this igbo bigot and biafra apologist that sees things that way undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Gamesmart: 2:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
nwabobo:
Beauty and brains.

Her brain is damaged.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Jesusloveyou: 2:44pm On Sep 22, 2017
Jokerman:

Has Diezani robbed Nigeria more than these men

Tinubu
Atiku
Obasanjo
Abacha
T.A Orji
Indimi
Buhari
abacha were learning, compare to maduake

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman by Timbuktuo: 2:44pm On Sep 22, 2017
wristbangle:

Lol I wouldn't want us to go tribal here but I often notice that feminists are not politically oriented hence why they spew nonsense when it comes to this topic

The people form the east have made everything tribal. As much as I sound like a tribalist on nairaland, I'm not. I'm currently chilling with two of my Igbo peops. But it is indisputable that tribalists exist and filter everything through the lens of ethnicity. I will fire them till I can fire no more.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka With A Guitar (Picture) / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 43rd Birthday Today / Soyinka Apologizes For Criticizing Buhari: "It Was A Miscommunication"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.