Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Should Euthanasia Be Legalised In Nigeria.........? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Should Euthanasia Be Legalised In Nigeria.........? (798 Views)

Should Euthanasia And Physician Assisted Suicide Be Legalised? / It's Time Nigerian Health Sector Adopts Euthanasia - Nigerian Lawyer Says / Private Use Of Marijuana Legalised In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Euthanasia Be Legalised In Nigeria.........? by Ekitiparapo(m): 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2017
Euthanasia is defined as the act of intentionally ending a person's life so as to help relieve suffering or pain.it is synonymous with Doctor assisted suicide.euthanasia is practised in Netherlands, Belgium, Colombia. I had the opportunity to manage patients with poor prognosis.there was a case in which the patient had road traffic accident which affected his C5,C6 cervical nerve, he couldn't breath on his own!, he was incubated and was on mechanical ventilator for 6 months with pressure sores at the back due to paralysis of the whole body,he was later transferred to a teaching hospital in lagos with a functional intensive care unit, he died few days after.should euthanasia be legalised in Nigeria or not?

1 Like

Re: Should Euthanasia Be Legalised In Nigeria.........? by newyorks(m): 12:57pm On Sep 22, 2017
i pledge my support for euthanasiasadsadsad
Re: Should Euthanasia Be Legalised In Nigeria.........? by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 27, 2017
whether something is supported or whether it should be legalized are two different arguments. a country like nigeria is gonna mismanage the hell out of mercy-killing(euthanasia) if it's ever legalized, we have an incompetent legal & health system, anarchy, negligence, doctors botching c-sections, forgetting scalpels in patients, no sensitivity training.

do i support euthanasia? yes, in cases where a human's mental or physical state is so crushed that they cant enjoy most parts of life, if said person ever states their decision to pull the plug, they should be allowed to die. the right to live, the right to die.

do i think it should be legalized in nigeria? no, laws in nigeria are very unregulated and abused. what i feel is that we should have a law to allow the hearing of such cases, allowing ppl to file petitions and come to an agreement with the court as opposed to the laws on abortion(in countries where it's legal) or marriage where anyone can decide and go to a hospital or church and get it done. there's need for a law where if u feel u or a family member should be euthanized, go to court and file a case, the court will give a sentence. unfortunately, i still dont trust nigeria's legal system for even this much. too biased, too corrupt, too non-empathetic.

(1) (Reply)

Did You Know The Nigerian Lady In The Banned Dove Advert Is A Male Model? / I Met A Girl Without A Pussy Hole!!! / 7 Mistakes You Need To Avoid As A Pregnant Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.