Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

Friendzone - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Friendzone (6510 Views)

Friendzone / Friendzone / Friendzone Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Friendzone by Jenifa123: 12:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
I really don't know what to say but do check it out and give me ur honest reviews

It's http://friendzone.com.ng

Dhtml
Danielthegeek

And all others
Re: Friendzone by 4kings: 1:41pm On Sep 22, 2017
Nice. Enabling google sign in for the site is a good idea too?
Re: Friendzone by Jenifa123: 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2017
4kings:
Nice. Enabling google sign in for the site is a good idea too?
Thanks i'll look into it and enable it asap
Re: Friendzone by 4kings: 2:08pm On Sep 22, 2017
Jenifa123:

Thanks i'll look into it and enable it asap
Ok, mention me when you do.
And do you have a good enough user base already?
Re: Friendzone by Jenifa123: 2:39pm On Sep 22, 2017
4kings:

Ok, mention me when you do.
And do you have a good enough user base already?
Not dat much
Around 10k
Re: Friendzone by 4kings: 10:30am On Sep 23, 2017
Jenifa123:

Not dat much
Around 10k
That's cool.
Count me in.
Re: Friendzone by Jenifa123: 10:31am On Sep 23, 2017
4kings:

That's cool.
Count me in.
You're welcome then
Re: Friendzone by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 23, 2017
Though I am not really here again, only my ghost, I could not open your link, here is what I got

Re: Friendzone by Jenifa123: 1:29pm On Sep 23, 2017
dhtml81:
Though I am not really here again, only my ghost, I could not open your link, here is what I got
I really don't know why it sometimes show like dat on chrome
Re: Friendzone by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 23, 2017
Hmn, maybe na okrika certificate you dey use, so i tried doing login in and got this:

Re: Friendzone by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2017
And so i had no choice but to press back button and that gave me:

Re: Friendzone by 4kings: 1:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
Oga dhtml use mozilla, it works fine.
However Jenifa123 you should look into this issue.

By the way dhtml81, you got any tips on what's going on and what to do about it?
Re: Friendzone by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 23, 2017
I know what is going on very clearly - but here, I am pretending to be a casual user.
As for tips, well, I cannot say except I spy into the code a bit, even then na only frontend I can see.
Re: Friendzone by Jenifa123: 2:02pm On Sep 23, 2017
4kings:
Oga dhtml use mozilla, it works fine.
However Jenifa123 you should look into this issue.

By the way dhtml81, you got any tips on what's going on and what to do about it?
O
I'm looking into it... It works well on my chrome though
dhtml81:
I know what is going on very clearly - but here, I am pretending to be a casual user.
As for tips, well, I cannot say except I spy into the code a bit, even then na only frontend I can see.
Hmm
Re: Friendzone by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 23, 2017
All my tests are on mozilla firefox - MAC OSX
I tested on FF/windows now with exactly same result. Try logging in with a wrong password and see for yourself.
Re: Friendzone by Jenifa123: 3:25pm On Sep 23, 2017
dhtml81:
All my tests are on mozilla firefox - MAC OSX
I tested on FF/windows now with exactly same result. Try logging in with a wrong password and see for yourself.
Oh well i'll work on it

Lest I forget it's also on freebasics so u can add it up and use it for free
Re: Friendzone by Jenifa123: 3:45pm On Sep 24, 2017
If u have ideas on how to improve it just let me know
Re: Friendzone by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 24, 2017
I have gone through friendzone properly, and I have been able to make some deductions:
- You are a very determined person and you have makings of a master programmer too (in future)
- but you lack one singular thing, it is very apparent from examining your codes that you have not really worked with a master developer before.
- The things that are remaining to make your site really awesome are very tiny tiny things that is only visible to the eyes of masters.

My best advice is that look for a programming master and draw close to the person so that you can learn tips and techniques. Those are not things you will find easily on Nairaland, or on stackoverflow as such, they are personal things that comes from experience.

1 Like

Re: Friendzone by Jenifa123: 5:53pm On Sep 24, 2017
dhtml81:
I have gone through friendzone properly, and I have been able to make some deductions:
- You are a very determined person and you have makings of a master programmer too (in future)
- but you lack one singular thing, it is very apparent from examining your codes that you have not really worked with a master developer before.
- The things that are remaining to make your site really awesome are very tiny tiny things that is only visible to the eyes of masters.

My best advice is that look for a programming master and draw close to the person so that you can learn tips and techniques. Those are not things you will find easily on Nairaland, or on stackoverflow as such, they are personal things that comes from experience.
Thanks
Re: Friendzone by 4kings: 12:42pm On Sep 25, 2017
dhtml81:

Da Boss has spoken. cool
Why don't you volunteer to be the "master" for this project.
Re: Friendzone by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 25, 2017
4kings:

Da Boss has spoken. cool
Why don't you volunteer to be the "master" for this project.

You see, you are not getting it right. I am talking of the developer, when you move close to people that do really big and bad stuffs, you will learn techniques and stuffs and stuffs that you can use to build your own stuff - that is how we all started.

It is not about pointing to this, pointing to that. For every code that you write, or changes that you make, you need to know why you make such changes.

And as for me volunteering, that wont work because this is like the busiest period of my life, I am chasing too many things at the same time.

2 Likes

Re: Friendzone by Jenifa123: 9:16am On Sep 27, 2017
dhtml81:

You see, you are not getting it right. I am talking of the developer, when you move close to people that do really big and bad stuffs, you will learn techniques and stuffs and stuffs that you can use to build your own stuff - that is how we all started.

It is not about pointing to this, pointing to that. For every code that you write, or changes that you make, you need to know why you make such changes.

And as for me volunteering, that wont work because this is like the busiest period of my life, I am chasing too many things at the same time.

Tanks
Re: Friendzone by Jenifa123: 3:18pm On Sep 29, 2017
The app will soon be released
Re: Friendzone by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
It is alright, my schedule is becoming lighter, hopefully by then i will be able to give more comprehensive reviews.

1 Like

Re: Friendzone by Jenifa123: 7:30am On Sep 30, 2017
dhtml81:
It is alright, my schedule is becoming lighter, hopefully by then i will be able to give more comprehensive reviews.
Thank you
Re: Friendzone by Jenifa123: 3:16pm On Oct 18, 2017
Still waiting for the review
Re: Friendzone by 4kings: 2:31am On Oct 21, 2017
@dhtml118 me too...
Re: Friendzone by directonpc(m): 12:14pm On Oct 21, 2017
As for document Expired error on your login.php page you might consider setting a different php file as action for your login form.

And on the page that shows error message for invalid login details you might want to include a link to the login page or homepage on that page.

Or redirect to login.php and add some GET parameters to the url. E.g login.php?status=invalidCrdntl
Then fetch the value of status and display a message.
Re: Friendzone by Jenifa123: 1:17pm On Oct 21, 2017
directonpc:
As for document Expired error on your login.php page you might consider setting a different php file as action for your login form.

And on the page that shows error message for invalid login details you might want to include a link to the login page or homepage on that page.

Or redirect to login.php and add some GET parameters to the url. E.g login.php?status=invalidCrdntl
Sure
I'll work on it
Re: Friendzone by Jenifa123: 11:34pm On Oct 31, 2017
Issues involving pages has been fixed. You can create your page now and reach a larger audience...

It's http://friendzone.com.ng
Re: Friendzone by Jenifa123: 11:35pm On Oct 31, 2017
directonpc:

Fixed it
Re: Friendzone by Jenifa123: 3:50pm On Nov 28, 2017
Hmmm
Updates still rolling in

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where To Start Teaching A Child How To Code / Tech Trends + Jobs Whatsapp Group / Flutter Vs React Native Vs Xamarin For Cross Platform Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.