Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Killed By Lightning - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Killed By Lightning (657 Views)

Alhaja Who Collapsed During Ramadan Fast Rejects Malt Drink Offer / Shaykh Amubieya And Ibadan Scholars On Islamic Cemetery / Participate In This Continous Charity>>>green Masjid Cemetery Project. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Killed By Lightning by Bimpe29: 3:19pm On Sep 22, 2017
The management of llorin Muslim Cemetery on Friday rejected the corpse of a 47-year-old civil servant, Mr Salami Adekunle, who was killed by lightning in Oro, lrepodun Local Government Area of Kwara.

The Coordinator in charge of the cemetery, Dr Abubakar Aliagan, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in llorin.

According to him, the cemetery management unanimously rejected the burial of the deceased following an instruction that the corpse should not undergo the normal Islamic prayers and bath.

Aliagan said while the deceased was described as a practising Muslim during his life time, Muslims in his vicinity refused to accept that his death was an act of God.

He said the performance of traditional rituals on Adekunle’s corpse after his death and the instructions warning against conducting Islamic rites on it was unacceptable to the management of the cemetery.

“If the late Salami will sleep in our Muslim cemetery, we have to do it in line with lslamic rites,’’ Aliagan said.

Adekunle was on Thursday struck to death by lightening during a downpour.

The deceased, who hails from lnisa in Osun, was until his death a staff of the Registry Department at the Kwara College of Education, Oro.

The Public Relations Officer of the institution, Mr Adesola Adewoye, said the family of the deceased would meet and decide on the next line of action to take on the burial arrangement.

Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Killed By Lightning by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
If this story is true, i will have to say this Muslim community do not really understand Islam. Someone killed by lightening is not an act of God. Which death no be act of God. This is pathetic and unislamical.
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Killed By Lightning by Empiree: 3:55pm On Sep 22, 2017
For muslim community to reject him this much shows he must be known as mushrik especially reading his line

He said the performance of traditional rituals on Adekunle’s corpse after his death.

But being struck by lightning doesn't suggests he was occult or not muslim. Every death is an act of God regardless of circumstances, And i would expect ilorin to understand better than that. I hope he is not Ali-Agan i knew long ago that used to propagate islam on radio?. That one is knowledgeable.

The statement below is enough to bury him islamically.

Aliagan said while the deceased was described as a practising Muslim during his life time,

There is no need to dig his private life unless he was actually taken away by "alawos" initially and rituals were performed on him prior to being transferred to muslims. That i dont understand. He deserves proper islamic burial as muslim. But then, who knows if this story is true self. Media in nigeria is nonsense now. Another article may surface in few days and denying everything here. Sick media undecided

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Killed By Lightning by Bimpe29: 8:56am On Sep 23, 2017
This is what happened;''H e said the performance of traditional rituals on Adekunle’s corpse after his death and the instructions warning against conducting Islamic rites on it was unacceptable to the management of the cemetery.''

Rashduct4luv:
If this story is true, i will have to say this Muslim community do not really understand Islam. Someone killed by lightening is not an act of God. Which death no be act of God. This is pathetic and unislamical.

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Killed By Lightning by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:13am On Sep 24, 2017
Bimpe29:
This is what happened;''H e said the performance of traditional rituals on Adekunle’s corpse after his death and the instructions warning against conducting Islamic rites on it was unacceptable to the management of the cemetery.''

OK, now I get. Then it's the families fault.
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Killed By Lightning by Fundamentalist: 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2017
I would like to say its better we know more about the true story before we make comments.

According to reliable sources, the man in question was actually strucked by lightening. Since this happened, the IFA community leaders insisted that traditional rituals must be performed before his body will be touched by anyone or else same fate awaits such person who touches the body. This information got to Dr. Aliagan In ilorin who made frantic calls to the people there that they were coming to ORO to take the body and perform neccessary Islamic rites on the body. This was strongly rejected by the Family members who insisted on the traditional rituals which they later paid (#300,000). After their rituals, the body was brought to the Muslim cemetery to be buried just like that (traditional beads among other items were placed on his waist). This was unacceptable as Muslims do not bury their dead like animals. people in charge of the cemetery insisted on islamic rites before burial. the family defied Islamic rites and later took the body to the general cemetery along sango were he was buried like that.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Killed By Lightning by Empiree: 4:06pm On Sep 26, 2017
^^^

Thanks for some clarification.

What i can imply here is that the man in question struck by ARA, was muslim to give him benefit of the doubt. But unfortunately, it seems his family are non-muslims and they have the right to claim his body and bury him as they please. The problem is the man did not have a Will. This is the same growing problem in American muslim community where number of muslim converts are growing but they have non muslim families. When they die without a Will their family claim the body and it is so difficult for Muslims to retrieve the body.

That's why muslims especially whose families are non muslims to make a Will and have it on record with the city that they are muslim and be buried as muslim. If they die, no matter what non muslim family says, the body will be released to the muslims. So now, muslims and Dr. AliAgan ilorin were correct far as i am concern. There is nothing they can do other than to make du'a for him. Will is very important
Re: Ilorin Cemetery Rejects Corpse Killed By Lightning by PierreDeFermat(m): 2:54pm On Sep 29, 2017
Empiree:
^^^

Thanks for some clarification.

What i can imply here is that the man in question struck by ARA, was muslim to give him benefit of the doubt. But unfortunately, it seems his family are non-muslims and they have the right to claim his body and bury him as they please. The problem is the man did not have a Will. This is the same growing problem in American muslim community where number of muslim converts are growing but they have non muslim families. When they die without a Will their family claim the body and it is so difficult for Muslims to retrieve the body.

That's why muslims especially whose families are non muslims to make a Will and have it on record with the city that they are muslim and be buried as muslim. If they die, no matter what non muslim family says, the body will be released to the muslims. So now, muslims and Dr. AliAgan ilorin were correct far as i am concern. There is nothing they can do other than to make du'a for him. Will is very important
exactly bro,Ali Again addressed this on radio on Masrasatul Muhammad today. The family members refused to succumb to Islamic rite totally. they want the traditionalists to do their part and Muslim brothers to do theirs. the sango traditionalists told the family that if anybody touches the corpse,they will die,also,there will be death toll in the family,the school he worked,and the the town,the most ridiculous of all is that the corpse will wake up and walk around like human being if they don't give it sango burial,even Ali Agan was just laughing today ,he because its just too funny.
Africa has a long way to go indeed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Global Media / I Need A Female Muslim Adviser Pls For A Friend / Random Thoughts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.