Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals (42510 Views)

Stop Using Tissue Paper To Wipe Your Nyash After Poo, Always Use Water . / No Bra Day 2019 Trends On Twitter: See How Nigerians Are Marking It (photos) / Death In A Gin Bottle: How Nigerians Are Drinking Themselves To The Grave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by davidif: 12:18am On Sep 23, 2017
pope5:
I quite agree with you but on the contrary, when water percolate filtration occurs and research have shown that slow sand filtration have been able to naturally deal with impurities even bacteria, i believe many of those who suffer much are those who do not get to the proper aquifer and do not treat after

But water can't filter out the chemicals from the mechanics or the oil spill.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by davidif: 1:03am On Sep 23, 2017
fatherdfd:
Op i don't agree with u at all. The depth at which borehole are dug. I doubt if any microorganism found in sewage would b able to survive. If u say flowing underground water like wells i accept. That's y poor men suffer more water borne diseases

I doubt that you have an understanding of where micro organism are capable of living.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by Nobody: 1:06am On Sep 23, 2017
ziga:

Lol. You are really funny.

I am sure you are sending this message from one of those huts that your ancestors built. Does it have wifi also? Android or windows?

And you also piss and sh!t in the same stream that you drink from.

No argument: the world is changing, so that's why I am on NL via a computer.

But has our genetic nature changed? Not at all! We are still made of blood and water (unless you believe the evolution scam). So let no one deceive you, my friend, what caused our forefathers illness will definitely cause us illness.

With time you will agree with me. If you want to enjoy good health and long life, stick to nature and the natural laws. Our forefathers, were by default (cause they didnt have many options then like we do now) in compliance with the natural laws.

I hope you have a nice night. wink
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by davidif: 1:18am On Sep 23, 2017
xmaticguy:
Rubbish post..... If na so why we Neva die.. Ure talking bout bore hole well nko...u beta do correct research before posting shit....how many of the microorganisms will make it at that dept

He is actually somewhat right. You would be amazed at the depts that micro organisms exist?
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by davidif: 1:20am On Sep 23, 2017
goingape1:
who is this illiterate undecided

the ground (soil to simplifier it for your small brain) is the perfect filter. your shiit no dey go directly to the ground water and the ground is divided by what we called fault.

so it is advisable to give about 10-50meters gap to your source of water from the soak way when planning your House

Actually he is right and you are wrong. Soil is not capable of filtering everything especially not the chemicals from the "mechaniscs" that he was referring to.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by davidif: 1:24am On Sep 23, 2017
emerged01:

Thank you! The soil is a good filter. Even when running filter tanks system you will make use of different types of sand in different layers. Though water on island is not drinkable without treatment. We all can understand why it is like that because most parts are sandfill. No rich man on island drinks raw water except it is well treated. Some even go the length of installing reverse osmosis.

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!! The soil is not capable of filtering everything especially not the large amounts of dangerous chemicals from an oil spill or from a chemical processing plant.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by davidif: 1:45am On Sep 23, 2017
texazzpete:
Can't take advice from someone who calls a 'soak-away' a 'sucker way'.

So you are getting caught up in the weeds instead of focusing on the trees right?
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by davidif: 1:47am On Sep 23, 2017
VeeVeeMyLuv:
this is what microbiologist study in their 3rd or 4th year, then some persons will now open their mouth and say Microbiology is a useless!
only in Nigeria.

all of you here insulting the Op and trying to shut him down, i wonder if you are humans at all,
this post is very serious matter, having grave health implications, and you guys are joking about it. hmmm

kontinu.

You dey mind Nigerians? Look at the comments from.the ignorant and the pseudo scientists pretending to understand what they are talking about.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by davidif: 1:48am On Sep 23, 2017
Dubbydoo:
please i'll advice that you carry out a research before you poo here.

The fact that you don't like it does not mean it's not true.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by davidif: 1:55am On Sep 23, 2017
CHeapTins:
Nonsense! Gibberish!

Our forefathers fetched water from the same stream that they washed themselves, urinate into and even poo into. The water they fetch is what they drink and use to cook food. How many cancer, typhoid, malaria did they have then?

Go to many villages today, people live in huts whose windows, doors have nothing like mosquito nets. How many malaria dey do dem?
Their pregnant women go to farm either on foot or on bicycles - them no dey create scenes like our township ladies. How many of dem need surgery (CS) for child birth? Some sef will just go to farm and return with a baby.

This upside-down oversabi knowledge of nowadays just taya me. People claiming to know stuff that they dont really know.
Leave us alone to drink our bore-hole water abeg. Thaink you. sad

And how do you know they didn't have those diseases back then? What of those indescribable diseases and epidemics they blamed on the gods or witches and wizards? The fact that we didn't have modern medicine to diagnose those things back then does not mean they didn't exist in some form.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by davidif: 1:57am On Sep 23, 2017
benflin:
During my final year in the University, my research work was " the potential effects of sewag on ground water. Case study of Bosso around Futminna". We collected water from several bore holes and measure their distance to closest source of sewage. We took those samples to the water laboratory of Upper Niger River Basin Development Authority for water quality analysis. When the result came, most of the samples pass the test and are fit for consumption. We only dictected feacal Coliform in one sample which might not necessarily be from the sewage. So our conclusion was sewage is not yet pacolating in to the acquifers that provides bore holes with water for now but if the practice of siting bore holes close to suckaways continues it might possibly result in the Op's Opinion.

Finally! A reasonable post.

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by davidif: 2:00am On Sep 23, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:

I liked your comment because it gives us hope. If not nke anyi ekpome in this matter.

He is actually wrong though. The original post is more factual than his. Soil is not capable of filtering massive amounts of dangerous chemicals that are spilled. Just look at the naija delta for an example.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by davidif: 2:03am On Sep 23, 2017
Blue3k:
This post assumes everyone is terrible at building septic tank and eually bad at water purification. Other than that conjecture it's an OK piece.

There is a lot of people terrible at building septic tanks to form critical mass.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by Nobody: 2:29am On Sep 23, 2017
davidif:

And how do you know they didn't have those diseases back then? What of those indescribable diseases and epidemics they blamed on the gods or witches and wizards? The fact that we didn't have modern medicine to diagnose those things back then does not mean they didn't exist in some form.

Wait. But would you agree they lived longer than our present generation?

Then, what good is our "knowledge" when the most of the "knowledgeable" people (those in the cities) struggle to live healthy/long...compared to the rural dwellers, who though, are seemingly less "knowledgeable" have records of people living to a ripe full age? Or isn't this a valid pointer still? grin
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by davidif: 2:46am On Sep 23, 2017
CHeapTins:

Wait. But would you agree they lived longer than our present generation?

Then, what good is our "knowledge" when the most of the "knowledgeable" people (those in the cities) struggle to live healthy/long...compared to the rural dwellers, who though, are seemingly less "knowledgeable" have records of people living to a ripe full age? Or isn't this a valid pointer still? grin

You are talking about statistical anomalies. This so called guys that "lived to ripe old age" were not the norm, they were the true exceptions. Very few of them lived that long. In other words, like 1 in a million
Life expectancy was so low back then. In fact, lots of children died at childbirth back then including their mother's. There is a reason why families were large back then and its mostly because you simply never knew how many children would survive and live.
There are many more people living to old age as opposed to back in the day when maybe 1 out of a 100 did.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by emerged01(m): 2:55am On Sep 23, 2017
davidif:

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!! The soil is not capable of filtering everything especially not the large amounts of dangerous chemicals from an oil spill or from a chemical processing plant.
The man is talking about rich men drinking their own poo not an oil spill or chemical processing plant. My post is in respect of that.

If you talking about oil spill or chemical processing plant area,just install reverse osmosis. It will filter everything.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by Blue3k(m): 3:17am On Sep 23, 2017
davidif:

There is a lot of people terrible at building septic tanks to form critical mass.

Do the stats would prove it so. If people were bathing, drinking and cooking with this water would the disease stats be higher? I would assume when the measure access to clean water the house is something the test for.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by emmanuelpopson(m): 3:23am On Sep 23, 2017
ferhyntorlah:
This article got me to confused.com

I thought the rocks beneath the earth are natural purifiers.

Geologists and soil scientists please helep me.

you are right but the nature of the soils determine if it will be a good purifier or not..most soils like clay which is permeable but not porous will not act as a good purifier...sands like white sand is a good purifier(used extensively to purify water during water treatment)
but places like basement complex like Abeokuta, Ibadan, ekiti will not have good aquifer protection capacity index due to the hard rock overburdens above the aquifer...
geology is the bomb...
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by mechanics(m): 6:32am On Sep 23, 2017
That's true, so what's the solution?
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by Angrymode: 6:36am On Sep 23, 2017
Tolexander:
The OP doesn't seem to know that the soil is a good filter of water going into the aquifer.

Moreover, some of these microorganisms cant survive the condition in the soil.

Have you done extensive research that supports this your claim? Every filtration system has its limit and some microorganisms do survive extreme temperature and pressure. The OP is point on on his fact that every city in this country is living dangerously since people fail to understand that environmental sanitation and health can not truely be achieved individually.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by newfound2012: 6:56am On Sep 23, 2017
Tolexander:
The OP doesn't seem to know that the soil is a good filter of water going into the aquifer.

I was wondering oh. we would all be dead by now if not for the wonderful purification process that is carried out by the soil on water before it sinks down below.
Agreed that in some instances, some soil type cannot perform this function well, but there's a bit of an exaggeration in the writer 's standpoint.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by supajizy(m): 8:31am On Sep 23, 2017
Adieza:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=272389653267150&id=158338594672257
What is this olodos baba saying? Soak Away Pit is not just a Nigerian thing. And bedsides septic tanks are used to control over flowing if the soak away pit. Septic tanks are used singly in water logged areas. ALL THIS OLODO ITK MINISTERS
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by supajizy(m): 8:32am On Sep 23, 2017
Angrymode:

Have you done extensive research that supports this your claim? Every filtration system has its limit and some microorganisms do survive extreme temperature and pressure. The OP is point on on his fact that every city in this country is living dangerously since people fail to understand that environmental sanitation and health can not truely be achieved individually.

The u would fall sick from cash crops as human and animal waste are used as manure.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:36am On Sep 23, 2017
emmanuelpopson:

you are right but the nature of the soils determine if it will be a good purifier or not..most soils like clay which is permeable but not porous will not act as a good purifier...sands like white sand is a good purifier(used extensively to purify water during water treatment)
but places like basement complex like Abeokuta, Ibadan, ekiti will not have good aquifer protection capacity index due to the hard rock overburdens above the aquifer...
geology is the bomb...

Thank you Geologist Emmanuel.
You have done well.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:37am On Sep 23, 2017
davidif:

Yes but they can't filter everything like the chemicals from your fertilizer and all.

Thank you Geologist David for your input.
Much appreciated.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by thunderbabs: 9:08am On Sep 23, 2017
Tolexander:

Tell him, plz. Even our raw shit is by the power given to nature a manure to plants though disgusting.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by eodavids(m): 9:19am On Sep 23, 2017
The worst is, the mechanics through contaminated oil on the ground, the small factories pour all chemicals at the back of their small factory. This is what one of the causes the Cancer in Nigerian today not GMO yet. God allows all these to sink into the ground. Because, he created the laws that operate everything in the universe and he cannot change it for Nigerians despite the prayers.

The big man said he has a clean borehole so he drinks from the water. The other big man says no, I only drink Eva water, but he does brush his teeth with the water. Hmm. Genius. So when he gets cancer, he goes to church to pray for God to destroy his enemies. But God never really answers those prayers.
Now, because you have a city of over 500,000 households all draining their poo into the aquifer, the underground water is getting highly contaminate. Our cities are all sitting on a health time bomb. Because Nigerians are drinking their own poo.

This is serious, it really is.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 23, 2017
The time bomb awaiting Nigeria is not typhoid fever or any bla bla sickness ( I don't see it as anything) but that of inevitable earthquakes & land slides. In btc, hardly there is no house without borehole. A man I know there has 7 boreholes in his compound feeding his fish pond. Again he dug another large one about 70feet deep & channel all the waste water from about 10 bonds there (is this not evil, wickedness & fighting nature?) Government in Nigeria are only good in looting forgetting that earthquakes & natural disaster don't separate the rich from poor. "If up dey fall come na everybody he go consume"

Until we as humans begins to reason that the environment is more important to our existence & life on earth, we shall be consume by it. In a flash all your vanity properties will all disappear.

In some cities or town in Nigeria most boreholes are 200 feet plus to get water & about 7 layers earth filtering & thanks to Almighty God. I have been drinking borehole water from such for decades without issue (so cleaner than so called sachet water)

Areas close to rivers, sea, ocean like lagos & niger delta are disasters in underground water.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by phemmynaetoc(m): 10:07am On Sep 23, 2017
This is what happens when you do copy and paste all the time without making proper research or reading through thoroughly . In Germany, they don't have natural source of water, I the water from bathing and their sewage system is what they recycle and treat and still re-use for drinking, cooking and they don't have any cancer neither are they sick
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by Stylz69(m): 10:13am On Sep 23, 2017
Tolexander:

Exactly plus proper siting of the borehole will reduce any contamination. At least 30 meters buffer zone should be allowed from any septic tank.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:30am On Sep 23, 2017
47% population have access to clean sustainable water and 30% have access to environment with sustainable sanitation. are these figures not dangerous enough?

people here trying to controvert Op post, i am very sure are among the privileged 1% few that have access to perfect water.
hence the reason for their stance on the issue at hand.
Re: How Nigerians Are Drinking Their Own Poo - Aroms Aigbehi Reveals by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 11:15am On Sep 23, 2017
keypad1:
i love u dear but i love ur bwrests more.
where did you see the bwest sir? Don't tell me you see with a metaphysical eye. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pregnancy Symptoms You Should Never Ignore / Huge Tumor Surgically Removed From A Woman's Arm. Photos / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.