Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,492 members, 7,801,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

What They Did To Me While Snapping Picture At Oniru Bridge - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What They Did To Me While Snapping Picture At Oniru Bridge (803 Views)

Gracious David West Threatens Journalist For Snapping Him, Remanded In Prison / Lady Goes All Out To Take A Perfect Picture At Leisure Mall, Lagos / US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What They Did To Me While Snapping Picture At Oniru Bridge by IkpuMmadu: 5:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
So, I went to Oniru for a meeting today and on my way leaving the venue, I decided to trek towards Foreshore Road and take the pedestrian bridge so I can briefly enjoy the toll gate, Lagoon and Oriental hotel views. A great view I must say and a tourist delight .

On top of the bridge, many other tourists were taking some pictures . I saw a Corper and another dude taking pictures of the beautiful scenery and then I quickly whipped out my phone to join in the fun. Well, I can say I overstayed my welcome because the guys I met taking pictures had already left and I was still enjoying the moment when a security gaurd (he had a Man O’ War inscription on his uniform) came up to me and interrogation began.

He asked me why I was taking pictures and I replied that it was just for fun. He saw that I wasn’t taken him serious so he took out his phone and pretended as if he was calling a Police Black-Maria to come and arrest me – because I was taking photos!

He asked my name and what I do (the stubborn boy in me was still taking photos during all the interrogation) and i told him i was a photographer he attempted to hold me by the hand forcefully and I pushed his hands away, he became furious and ordered me to follow him down the bridge towards where they have this LASTMA cubicle thingy down the bridge. I followed suit but my main plan was to just walk past as if nothing is happening. He reported me to who seems to be like the Oga-at-the-top and the guy called me. He told me the same “nobody takes photo on this bridge” story and that I’d have to pay a 5k fine or be charged to court. Mind you, there was no signboard or inscription that prohibits people from taking photos there. I told them that I didn’t have any cash on me but they insisted that I’ll be taken to their office and I told them I still have a few more hours to spend.

They stepped aside and spoke some gibberish to each other in Yoruba and came back again, this time, asking me to drop something (BRIBE) for them so they won’t take the issue further. I grinned mischievously and told them again that I don’t have any cash for dash. They delayed me a bit and asked me to go and warned me not to repeat the mistake of taking pictures on that particular bridge again next time.

I didn’t thank them. I left there asking myself why people are greedy and foolish. What kind of law is that? Have you experienced this before?

Well, some of the photos I took weren’t all that good. Only this two stood out. #DiaryofaYoungHustler!

https://etimes.com.ng/oniru-pedestal-bridge/
Re: What They Did To Me While Snapping Picture At Oniru Bridge by Hashimyussufamao(m): 5:03pm On Sep 22, 2017
heyaa sowie
Re: What They Did To Me While Snapping Picture At Oniru Bridge by BALLOSKI: 5:05pm On Sep 22, 2017
Lol
Re: What They Did To Me While Snapping Picture At Oniru Bridge by Nemesis1: 5:13pm On Sep 22, 2017
First of all

You confessed you overstayed your welcome

Secondly you were being stubborn, even if your father is a general the manowar guy probably wanted to shakara, paying attention while being talked, making a joke and smiling like you are talking to a human being would have ended the issue there and then

Thirdly, there are some places around the world that even satellites high up are not allowed to take pictures, I'm not saying this bridge or oriental is part of those places

Finally you may have missed the signpost being the first time you are staying there

Mind you , if the issued had aggravated and they really wanted to collect money from you based on your forming, they would set you up, claim they found lighter/ detonator or something on you

Majority of those in lockup are innocenties

Lesson learnt, nothing a good manner of approach and smile can not fix and well done trying to soil Yoruba I assume you are not Yoruba

1 Like

Re: What They Did To Me While Snapping Picture At Oniru Bridge by Mynd44: 5:21pm On Sep 22, 2017
No pictures of these people, no names, nothing. So how can this be used to nab these people extorting money from tourists?

You could have even used the record using whatsapp and sent it to a friend and we will know how it went.

In any case, you shouldn't have said you dont have money, you should have said you want to be charged to court and watch their mumuism turn to fear
Re: What They Did To Me While Snapping Picture At Oniru Bridge by IkpuMmadu: 5:25am On Sep 23, 2017
Mynd44:
No pictures of these people, no names, nothing. So how can this be used to nab these people extorting money from tourists?

You could have even used the record using whatsapp and sent it to a friend and we will know how it went.

In any case, you shouldn't have said you dont have money, you should have said you want to be charged to court and watch their mumuism turn to fear

Nice and intelligent response
Re: What They Did To Me While Snapping Picture At Oniru Bridge by IkpuMmadu: 5:29am On Sep 23, 2017
Nemesis1:
First of all

You confessed you overstayed your welcome

Secondly you were being stubborn, even if your father is a general the manowar guy probably wanted to shakara, paying attention while being talked, making a joke and smiling like you are talking to a human being would have ended the issue there and then

Thirdly, there are some places around the world that even satellites high up are not allowed to take pictures, I'm not saying this bridge or oriental is part of those places

Finally you may have missed the signpost being the first time you are staying there

Mind you , if the issued had aggravated and they really wanted to collect money from you based on your forming, they would set you up, claim they found lighter/ detonator or something on you

Majority of those in lockup are innocenties

Lesson learnt, nothing a good manner of approach and smile can not fix and well done trying to soil Yoruba I assume you are not Yoruba

Extortion. Is what made most NIGERIANs shoot video outside....Lagos has this tendency of extortion , I don't want to say it's a Yoruba thing...from omo nile to jobless boys blocking the road asking of money to some boys telling you to support carnival to schools asking money for one party or another to latsma to others....this kills tourism industry

What is there taking good pictures..apart from airport and borders ...you can take picture even Whitehouse is the most photogenic house

But Nigeria...they are messed...you can't even take Aso rock picture....how does that house look like

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Watch:Five Persons Confirmed Dead In Kara Multiple Accident early morning(video) / 10 Days After Mourning The Death Of Her Friend, Young Nigerian Lady Dies / Ogun Man Kills His 6-month-old Baby To Punish His Wife (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.