Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) (76401 Views)

Meet Ezelekhae's Benin Crown Prince And His Father, Oba Ewuare ii (Photos) / Prince Obaghator Ewuare And Bianca Oriaifo Wedding Introduction In Edo (Photos) / Prince Ezelekhae Ewuare Poses In His Car As He Arrives Event In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) by Kinsedes: 9:21am On Sep 23, 2017
kazantip:

Not in this change era, because if he dares stray from the palace na hunger go us his take grind pepper...
...i doubt dat, popsi wud hav set him up.
Re: Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) by Xyzee: 10:04am On Sep 23, 2017
odigbosky:

Thank you bros.
Before some pple come here to demand for the head of my brother here, he meant Oba Akenzuwa II was secretary to his father Oba EWEKA II......One thing about the palace is that they keep most of thier practice secret, this makes people to go about thinking whatever thier brains can. Even when Eweka II was made Oba, most palace activities took place in the night and the colonial authorities accused him of humam sacrifices....this made the Oba shift most of the activities to noon. Yet they still run some stuffs in the night. There were many rights done during the coronation that cameras weren't allowed to see and only selected few amongst the numerous chiefs had access to.

Thanks for the correction.
Re: Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) by Urchee: 10:29am On Sep 23, 2017
I thought the CrowmCrowned Prince is not supposed to see the Oba
Re: Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) by correctguy101(m): 12:03pm On Sep 23, 2017
Amarab:
Handsome young guy!
But he is never going to be a christian,
eiyaa!
Juju take over!

You forgot Christianity is someone else's traditional ish. It's god Yahweh is someone else's juju.

Just show some respect for anybody's thing. it pays them. Go face your own especially when yours is imported.
Re: Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) by rhames(m): 1:56pm On Sep 23, 2017
CastedDude:
Crown Prince of Bénin Kingdom has been unveiled. He is Prince Ezelekhae Ewuare. He was unveiled at the Oba of Benin's palace where immediate past Governor of Edo State, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, was honoured by the Benin Monarch, Oba Ewuare II in a grand reception to send forth the Ex-Governor and thank him for his developmental impacts in Edo state.

It is the first time Prince Ewuare would be introduced at an occasion.

Many stood up to catch a glimpse of the future king of Benin kingdom.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/09/meet-benin-crown-prince-hes-unveiled-event-edo.html

Carbon copy of his father, HRH Oba Ewuare II the great
Re: Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) by aimuafigo: 4:46pm On Sep 23, 2017
aariwa:
I heard under beni tradition that a king can never set eyes on his first son who is the heir apparent until the king dies.Binis here ,please is it true?
Yes, it was true until early last century. I believe it was Oba Eweka II that changed that tradition. As custodians of the Bini Tradition, Obas can modify things that they believe are no longer relevant. The Queen mothers used to be killed when their sons are enthroned but Oba Esigie put a stop to killing of queen mothers in the 15th century because his mother (queen Idia) was very powerful and dear to him. She was the first woman to go to war in Bini History. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) by aimuafigo: 4:51pm On Sep 23, 2017
revolt:
Kingdom wey 120 British soldiers conquer their king in 2 days. Mtchweeeeeeeee. Empire indeed
Did your own Kingdom fight at all? Think before you type. It's not that hard to do.
Re: Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) by CioAngels(f): 5:16pm On Sep 23, 2017
aariwa:
I heard under beni tradition that a king can never set eyes on his first son who is the heir apparent until the king dies.Binis here ,please is it true?
The Oba should enlighten us on that.

1 Like

Re: Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) by CioAngels(f): 5:21pm On Sep 23, 2017
I love the Rich Benin Traditions.
Re: Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) by aariwa(m): 8:02pm On Sep 23, 2017
aimuafigo:

Yes, it was true until early last century. I believe it was Oba Eweka II that changed that tradition. As custodians of the Bini Tradition, Obas can modify things that they believe are no longer relevant. The Queen mothers used to be killed when their sons are enthroned but Oba Esigie put a stop to killing of queen mothers in the 15th century because his mother (queen Idia) was very powerful and dear to him. She was the first woman to go to war in Bini History. Hope this helps.
Okay that's a good history there.Thanks
Re: Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) by odigbosky(m): 8:53pm On Sep 23, 2017
aimuafigo:

God bless you my bro.
As long as there is a way for the Oba to change a law without any damage to the throne and kingdom he will change it. He is law and in him lies all the spirits of our ancestors.

1 Like

Re: Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) by gregyboy(m): 9:06pm On Sep 23, 2017
Amarabae:
Handsome young guy!
But he is never going to be a christian,
eiyaa!
Juju take over!
so mister holyman i guess u dont know if your god is a white man or black man but u do know d devil is a black guy.am no religious type of person but sometimes i wanna prove how ignorant we religious people are just like now whanna ask was d difference btw d traditional worship serves and urs they go to d place of worship same as you thier priest heals ur pators the same they worship thier priest by monetary way or praise when they have done good same as yours. u make sacrifice they make also they worship thier god through dance you do dsame so i see know you see his god as unclean and yours clean i would prefer to worship thier god cause they were faithful to it Right till date urs u bck stapped...we africans who takes religion to d extreme are backward while those who dont suceed have you ever wonder that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) by gregyboy(m): 9:32pm On Sep 23, 2017
revolt:
Kingdom wey 120 British soldiers conquer their king in 2 days. Mtchweeeeeeeee. Empire indeed

young man it was in three days and an empire can be brought down a day if giving the needfull information or weapon and if your talking of empire how many days did it take to bring down indian, china or even d British that was humilated by japan you ahould od benin and be shamefull to your tribe
Re: Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) by Eaglesence: 10:33pm On Sep 23, 2017
Sijo01:

Etén wabôwie.

Botaa

smiley
Re: Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) by revolt(m): 7:07am On Sep 24, 2017
gregyboy:

young man it was in three days and an empire can be brought down a day if giving the needfull information or weapon and if your talking of empire how many days did it take to bring down indian, china or even d British that was humilated by japan you ahould od benin and be shamefull to your tribe
when did Japan conquer British empire? You think you're talking to one of your "hushpuppy story children"? Any empire that goes down in less than a week isn't an empire shekina.
Re: Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) by revolt(m): 7:11am On Sep 24, 2017
aimuafigo:

Did your own Kingdom fight at all? Think before you type. It's not that hard to do.
doesn't still change the fact, about a 100 men took down an "EMPIRE" in 2 days. Even the ekumekuku ppl that were just a clan put up a better fight...when jazz meets fun powder (oyibo jazz) e dey run. Yet that same jazz that failed the oba then is still utilised till today. Africa.....
Re: Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) by revolt(m): 7:14am On Sep 24, 2017
valirex:

Who is talking of conquer or no conquer. Abeg tell us how many centuries or should I say seconds it took to defeat yours.
All kingdoms in Nigeria were conquered. For your information Edo was the last

#TeamStupid
#GoBuySense
No. The ekukumekuku wars dragged till 20th century. They were never really conquered and so many other smaller clans.
Re: Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) by gregyboy(m): 7:27am On Sep 24, 2017
revolt:
when did Japan conquer British empire? You think you're talking to one of your "hushpuppy story children"? Any empire that goes down in less than a week isn't an empire shekina.

before quoting me why not research on japan and the british war
strong empires in the yrs have gone down within weeks or days...if u knw history u will this...
but i guess ur clan settlement couldnt even flight a small kingom could fight on thier own instead of u promoting the culture youre destroying it i see why we will d black's will always be subjected to the white mental slavery is d issue with africans and you are one
https://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_the_United_Kingdom_during_World_War_II&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwi3rpf1mL3WAhVJZlAKHUQSCGAQFggtMAA&usg=AFQjCNF2t27XuD2cUvzYd7ql-gYN5uLLlg
Re: Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) by odigbosky(m): 3:45pm On Sep 24, 2017
revolt:
No. The ekukumekuku wars dragged till 20th century. They were never really conquered and so many other smaller clans.

Bros you can lie oooooo
Did your father fight in the war?
Do you have any idea how long it took before ologbosere was finally captured...you dont even have any idea about the wars and British soldiers that died in esan land after Benin fell...Una go just come here dy talk trash, guy park well.....ozuor.
Re: Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) by valirex: 2:10pm On Sep 25, 2017
odigbosky:

Bros you can lie oooooo
Do you have any idea how long it took before ologbosere was finally captured...you dont even have any idea about the wars and British soldiers that died in esan land after Benin fell...Una go just come here dy talk trash, guy park well.....ozuor.

grin grin grin Abeg help me tell am ooo, they know nothing but claim they know all
Re: Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) by aimuafigo: 4:20pm On Sep 25, 2017
odigbosky:

Bros you can lie oooooo
Don't mind them guy! All na beef for the Bini rich tradition whereas common kponmon, they can't afford.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos / Rams Sacrificed Ahead Of Third Mainland Bridge Repair (Photos) / World's Loneliest Man Dies After Avoiding Contact From Humans For 30 Years(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.