Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,519 members, 7,801,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... (54087 Views)

Car Models From The Same And Different Brands That Share The Same Platforms / These Are The Longest-ever Living Car Models / China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 7:57pm On Sep 22, 2017
Unless you are really knowledgeable about the marquees or a mechanic who can personally handle a spanner with dexterity... I will advise you to avoid the following vehicles:

1. Peugeot 607 V6 plus automatic transmission. I won't explain.
2. BMW series whatever series either series a, series b to z. Especially automatic transmission models.
3. Landrover Freelander... Designed by the devil assembled by monkeys.. left factory for showroom with over 200 known faults... Avoid like leprosy!
4. Audi A4 Allroad... I will leave this for kingreign...
5. Nigerian used Nissan Murano... With wires hanging out in the engine bay...in fact all Nissan cars with the slightest sign of abuse..
6. Add yours as led and experienced or known.

73 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 8:03pm On Sep 22, 2017
Evaberry:

so this one finally said something sensible today.
Not by force to log into your toolbox.... Don't take it personal... it's just a matter of principle... and discipline.

Lest I forget... Jeep Grand Cherokee... Naija used... Your village People will be happy... please avoid if you cannot verify if it has been abused by previous owners.

Someone pirated my post without acknowledgement

https://akahinews./2017/09/23/car-models-you-should-avoid-as-second-or-third-handed-acquisition/amp/

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by princetom1(m): 8:05pm On Sep 22, 2017
Evaberry:

so this one finally said something sensible today.

Savage, served both hot and cold at the same time... OP right now

46 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Mutuwa(m): 8:08pm On Sep 22, 2017
menstrualpad:
Unless you are really knowledgeable about the marquees or a mechanic who can personally handle a spanner with dexterity... I will advise you to avoid the following vehicles:

2. BMW series whatever series either series a, series b to z. Especially automatic transmission models.
3. Landrover Freelander... Designed by the devil assembled by monkeys.. left factory for showroom with over 200 known faults... Avoid like leprosy!
5. Nigerian used Nissan Murano... With wires hanging out in the engine bay...in fact all Nissan cars with the slightest sign of abuse..

Golf...avoid it like Ebola.

12 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Adaowerri111: 8:11pm On Sep 22, 2017
Fx series Infiniti

21 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 8:11pm On Sep 22, 2017
Mutuwa:

Golf...avoid it like Ebola.
Which golf model?

King0071:

Did Something similar May this year with my Toyota Corolla Verso.
The car came with an MMT gear box system commonly known as Clutch-gear or automanual by mechanics.
The model has a default problem, when you hav used it for over 2 year and long distance(lets say 8k km) it starts to disengage from E to N by itself.
Managed to fix it temp last year but had to completely change the gear box to full auto of corrollla. Other tins such as cable, brainbox and other weldings had to be done. I spent approx 200k. My mech was really good.
Since then, i hv really been enjoying the car smoothly.

I think some cars are just better for 9ja roads. But its always safer to get a car that the mechanics around can handle if ever the need.
In this Buharis Regime, nobody needs a car that will be a liability.
Good topic at OP.
Thanks
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Mutuwa(m): 8:14pm On Sep 22, 2017
menstrualpad:

Which golf model?

3 and 4.
I had witnessed how Golf 4 wiring issues messed my friend up.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by hisgrace090: 8:18pm On Sep 22, 2017
You nailed it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Jakumo(m): 8:19pm On Sep 22, 2017
Avoid ANY car that is equipped with air suspension, or hydraulic suspension, all known as "Baloon" in Nigeria.

Mercedes cars made after the year 2000 lead the pack of offenders who created this demonic technology, and when it breaks down, be prepared to pay more than the cost of the entire car, just to fix the suspension.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by kingreign(m): 8:20pm On Sep 22, 2017
menstrualpad:

fixed! wink

9 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 8:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
Mutuwa:

3 and 4.
I had witnessed how Golf 4 wiring issues messed my friend up.
Interesting I see golf three all around as taxis. Maybe he had a wicked Kazeem

40 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 8:38pm On Sep 22, 2017
kingreign:
fixed! wink
Just narrate your Audi Allroad story... Or if I dash you.... you go accept as only car for one year...used of course with 250k mileage?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by kingreign(m): 8:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
menstrualpad:

Just narrate your Audi Allroad story... Or if I dash you.... you go accept as only car for one year...used of course with 250k mileage?

Never owned an audi

2 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by valarinz: 8:52pm On Sep 22, 2017
Volvo S80 T6 (1999 - 2004 models). Don't accept it, even as a free gift, thank me later

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by pato405(m): 9:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
OP, so you forgot Chevrolet (all) angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Tyche(m): 10:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
This cracked me up

125 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 10:37pm On Sep 22, 2017
pato405:
OP, so you forgot Chevrolet (all) angry
What's with these American cars?

3 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by menstrualpad: 10:38pm On Sep 22, 2017
valarinz:
Volvo S80 T6 (1999 - 2004 models). Don't accept it, even as a free gift, thank me later
That terrible?
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by RZArecta(m): 6:38am On Sep 23, 2017
Chevrolet Aveo (except brand new)

Op, I believe the Landrover Freelander had closer to 400 faults and was designed by Nigerian kazeems (the devil is innocent on this one). It was described as the worst car ever assembled on a website I visited some years ago, they went into a partnership with Honda to create that SUV but pulled out suddenly without getting the basic technicalities right hence that monster (and it led to the birth of the Crv eventually)

For those complaining about air suspension in cars (balloon) if you get mind, you can remove them and fit in shock absorbers, works like a charm

24 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by nurey(m): 6:48am On Sep 23, 2017
Avoid anything bugatti as their fuel economy isn't friendly, at high speed you have to buy fuel every 20 minutes.

Avoid anything Rolls-Royce as its a thug magnet and flirt magnet. You get flirt from the opposite sex at any free contact. You can't Park in peace as hoodlums would mob you begging for this and that.

Avoid anything Bentley as the parts are not readily available. Even a mud flap plastic bolt has to be booked a Month from the manufacturer.

Avoid anything Lamborghini, the ground clearance is too low, any even road would hit the under continously.

Avoid anything Ferrari as the color is mostly red, people would say you got blood on your hands.

Avoid anything Porsche as it scares people away from you and they always feel you are pompous.

Please stay away from the massarati Marque the electronic technicalities in that car is for future generations.

To those of you who will ask if I have used all these cars, the answer is...

131 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by chiefbuchiV12(m): 6:59am On Sep 23, 2017
2,3,5 are quite problematic truly but for the rest I disagree it all comes down to having a good mechanic
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by djemillionia: 7:26am On Sep 23, 2017
chiefbuchiV12:
2,3,5 are quite problematic truly but for the rest I disagree it all comes down to having a good mechanic

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by FreeSpirited: 7:26am On Sep 23, 2017
H
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by YomzzyDBlogger: 7:28am On Sep 23, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Discharge(m): 7:28am On Sep 23, 2017
I met a guy in Kaduna who claimed to have changed the engine and gear box of his Nigeria used Murano to that of Siena. According to him, it's been cool. @op what's your take?

3 Likes

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by xana101: 7:28am On Sep 23, 2017
What about Passat FSI 2.0 litre engine, 4 plug 2008 model.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 23, 2017
Kia models
Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by nobodysmanrob(m): 7:29am On Sep 23, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

AirCar: Car That Can Fly Cleared For Takeoff But You Will Need A Pilot's License / Hummer Jeep Used To Sell Beverages And Provisions In Edo (Photos) / 2007 Toyota Avalon or 2007 Toyota Corolla: Which Should I Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.