Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,023 members, 7,799,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever (26746 Views)

Sony Ericsson P990i: How Many Of You Remember This Powerful Phone? / Tecno Spark 4: Decent Yet Powerful Phone / Toughest Phone Ever:The Land Rover's Explore Comes With Swappable Battery Pack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 23, 2017
Decale:

83%
that was before blackberry and nokia moved to android.
Any other known smartphone os apart from IOs and android?
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by texazzpete(m): 9:31am On Sep 23, 2017
Cuteamigo1:
its like giving someone a v12 engine and then you limit his speed and someone who has a v8 engine can ride unrestricted till he milks out every bit of juice from his car. i hope you catch my drift. # teamandroid.

Most times people say this, it's all about cheapskates installing cracked apps, from virus ridden 3rd party app stores. Or piracy.
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Decale: 9:32am On Sep 23, 2017
MetaHuman:
that was before blackberry and nokia moved to android.

Any other known smartphone os apart from IOs and android?

Like I said, 83%
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by texazzpete(m): 9:32am On Sep 23, 2017
blastac:
But wait.... What is iPhone 8 offering that Android hasn't done before... They were making noise about the wireless charge but common alot of phones have done that.... What else abeg even Samsung's S8 camera is better than iPhone 8 camera... Okay dey wan boast of water and dust resistance but even infinix have started dat.... I still don't get why I should gv up Android 4 iPhone.... It's like comparing play station(Android) with Nintendo(iPhone)

S8 Camera is inferior to the iPhone 8 camera. Cant you read the chart in the OP?
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by sarutobie(m): 9:36am On Sep 23, 2017
babtaima:

lame excuse.. you'll outgrow that shitty customization from android.. most people work in big companies and don't really have time to tweak phone.. or all that nonsense except you're a "developer" + android not even secured even if they bring in faceID on Samsung, the Kernel and OS can be easily hacked because it's Android..

Why android be selling more phones because it's really cheap and you like feeling cheap? Samsung doesn't feel cheap though but it still doesn't match the iPhones.
Wait! What? That MOST people work in big companies?? Which earth are you living on? Nigerians and their pseudo intelligence! In a bid to put down someone’s post you had to churn out this big fat fallacy.

3 Likes

Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by sarutobie(m): 9:41am On Sep 23, 2017
Why people just dey yan opata for this thread because of benchmarks? In real life usage you will hardly notice the difference in speed when using an iPhone 8 and a oneplus 5...these tests are under the hood performance and it varies from time to time...
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by sarutobie(m): 9:44am On Sep 23, 2017
texazzpete:

S8 Camera is inferior to the iPhone 8 camera. Cant you read the chart in the OP?
No it is not....in actual usage, you will hardly notice any difference because both phones use OLED displays..the human eyes haven’t evolved to be able to see pixels in their singular form..wait, the iPhone 8 doesn’t use OLED sef..that’s the iPhone X if I’m not mistaken..
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 23, 2017
Decale:

Like I said, 83%
its actually 85.0% at first quater of 2017.
99.6% of new smartphones run android.

Google is your friend.
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 23, 2017
Decale:

Nope. There is no contradictory statement there. IPhone 8 would still sell if there was no iPhone x, probably more than iPhone 7. That has nothing to do with people thinking the design is boring from my former English.

S6 edge brought a different design perspective with the android boys over s6. Sales were shared; but that doesn't mean people wouldn't get the bland s6 then. I'm not sure you understand this

Apple has NEVER BEEN mediocre in the camera department. That term suggests irrationality. Apple has had their strengths in some scene shots over others and vice versa; probably less overall favoured. It doesn't mean it doesn't take good shots, more especially in manual mode.

Why isn't the iPhone 8 sellong pretty well at the moment compared to previous versions? Most are waiting for the X? Why simply because the 8 is a glass 6sss.

Apple in the past years have been mediocore. iPhone 7 camera was trumped by S7 edge and Pixel. iPhone 6s camera was thrumped by G5 and S6, iPhone 6 camera was trumped by G4 and S5.
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Cuteamigo1(m): 9:54am On Sep 23, 2017
texazzpete:

Most times people say this, it's all about cheapskates installing cracked apps, from virus ridden 3rd party app stores. Or piracy.
yeah yeah whatever. the world aint perfect abd mind you its more than that. for your information even apple products get jailbroken to do all that.
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 23, 2017
KillerFrost:
see the iphone 8 blowing away every android device. cheesy

and someone actually came up with an article saying its a piece of trash. grin

silly people everywhere

This is just a department. It wouldn't make sense when a thread is created and the functionalities of the S Pen is unveiled. What about the display technology? Et Al. All phones have their strengths and weaknesses. Well don't forget that iPhone 8 has a 2009 HD(720) screen in 2017. How would you explain that?
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 10:04am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

This is just a department. It wouldn't make sense when a thread is created and the functionalities of the S Pen is unveiled. What about the display technology? Et Al. All phones have their strengths and weaknesses. Well don't forget that iPhone 8 has a 2009 HD(720) screen in 2017. How would you explain that?

��� 2009 HD Screen? This boy is dumb I swear
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 10:05am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

Why isn't the iPhone 8 sellong pretty well at the moment compared to previous versions? Most are waiting for the X? Why simply because the 8 is a glass 6sss.

Apple in the past years have been mediocore. iPhone 7 camera was trumped by S7 edge and Pixel. iPhone 6s camera was thrumped by G5 and S6, iPhone 6 camera was trumped by G4 and S5.

How are you his dumb to say iphone 8 is another 6s. They run the same processor or they have the same camera or what?
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Floridax(m): 10:06am On Sep 23, 2017
performance or no performance ,,they are just numbers ....in real life ..u will hardly spot any difference

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 10:08am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

Iphone 8 runs on a Retina HD display. Retina display had to do with pixel density while amoled has to do with display technology. But you will not understand this.
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

Not disputing that....
You seem to be the one who never agrees Sammy falters!

The stance still remain that the iPhone 8 blows away every android device at the moment! cheesy
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 10:11am On Sep 23, 2017
sarutobie:

No it is not....in actual usage, you will hardly notice any difference because both phones use OLED displays..the human eyes haven’t evolved to be able to see pixels in their singular form..wait, the iPhone 8 doesn’t use OLED sef..that’s the iPhone X if I’m not mistaken..

Now let me explain to you. OLED, amoled and retina HD

OLED and AMOLED and Retina HD are used in area of display. OLED is short for organic light emitting diode, and AMOLED is the short for active matrix organic light emitting. So, the difference shoule be the with or without active matrix. Generally, the OLED display with back panel of thin-film transistors (TFTs) is called AMOLED WHILE Retina display had to do with pixel density.

Retina Display is a marketing term developed by Apple to refer to devices and monitors that have a resolution and pixel density so high – roughly 300 or more pixels per inch – that a person is unable to discern the individual pixels at a normal viewing distance.
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by sarutobie(m): 10:13am On Sep 23, 2017
Floridax:
performance on no performance ,,they are just numbers ....in real life ..u will hardly spot any difference
This is my point exactly..in real life usage the top 5-10 phones are so closely matched in speed of use that an average user(and most phone owners are average users) won’t notice the difference..

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsJonathan:

How are you his dumb to say iphone 8 is another 6s. They run the same processor or they have the same camera or what?

Don't be too dumb not to be able to read between the lines? Of course, there are small incremental internal changes but that's that. The design is still the same besides the glass it incorporated this time.

Why isn't the iPhone 8 selling ? Peole are waiting for the X despite being expensive? The main reason is because of the looks. Most people buy gadgets because of it's design, how would people tell you are using iPhone 8 if you are a previous iPhone 6s or 7 user?

Wonder why the sales are depreciating ? Wondering why Apple shares plumented?!
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsJonathan:

Iphone 8 runs on a Retina HD display. Retina display had to do with pixel density while amoled has to do with display technology. But you will not understand this.

Lol, holy crap. Lol, Apple has really brainwashed you folks mehn. Retina is just a grammer. Apple called the display of iPhone x " super retina display" when its last year's AMOLED from Samsung. Oh, common.
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by sarutobie(m): 10:17am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsJonathan:

Now let me explain to you. OLED, amoled and retina HD

OLED and AMOLED and Retina HD are used in area of display. OLED is short for organic light emitting diode, and AMOLED is the short for active matrix organic light emitting. So, the difference shoule be the with or without active matrix. Generally, the OLED display with back panel of thin-film transistors (TFTs) is called AMOLED WHILE Retina display had to do with pixel density.

Retina Display is a marketing term developed by Apple to refer to devices and monitors that have a resolution and pixel density so high – roughly 300 or more pixels per inch – that a person is unable to discern the individual pixels at a normal viewing distance.
I know what OLED means...you just buttressed my point that the human eye can’t really tell the difference when looking at the screen..
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsJonathan:

��� 2009 HD Screen? This boy is dumb I swear

Isn't HD a 2009 technology? This is 2017 sir, don't be dumb
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 10:18am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

Don't be too dumb not to be able to read between the lines? Of course, there are small incremental internal changes but that's that. The design is still the same besides the glass it incorporated this time.

Why isn't the iPhone 8 selling ? Peole are waiting for the X despite being expensive? The main reason is because of the looks. Most people buy gadgets because of it's design, how would people tell you are using iPhone 8 if you are a previous iPhone 6s or 7 user?

Wonder why the sales are depreciating ? Wondering why Apple shares plumented?!

How did you know most people are buying because of the design? Did you do a survey? Can I read It? I don't know about your most people. But I have my iPhone 8 preordered. And will use it until the X is out. Because the X is way more powerful than the 8 and not because of your silly design excuse.
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 10:19am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

Isn't HD a 2009 technology? This is 2017 sir, don't be dumb

Did you see Retina beside the HD? And because it's HD means there's no room for improvements? Have you actually seen an iPhone device or held one?
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 23, 2017
KillerFrost:

Not disputing that....
You seem to be the one who never agrees Sammy falters!

The stance still remain that the iPhone 8 blows away every android device at the moment! cheesy

How?
Blowing away is subjective? Apple's SoCs have always been beastly thanks to tech stolen to arrive at it. Also, a tiny population does video editing let alone doing it on the phone. On a daily usage , you wouldnt see mufh difference in these things.

Same thing was said last year about iPhone 7 yet S7 edge won the award of the best 2016 smartphone
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 10:22am On Sep 23, 2017
sarutobie:

I know what OLED means...you just buttressed my point that the human eye can’t really tell the difference when looking at the screen..
this is what they mean when they say you cannot disceen oga.

There are two pictures below. In one the lines are obvious. And that's the 3GS(non Retina) in the other the lines aren't (iphone 4)

Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by osayuwamwen(m): 10:23am On Sep 23, 2017
And on real life usage u still can hardly notice any reasonable difference in performance btw 2gb ram with Mtk 6580 1.3ghz quad-core device. Na whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram all go still open lol
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsJonathan:

Did you see Retina beside the HD? And because it's HD means there's no room for improvements? Have you actually seen an iPhone device or held one?

You said it yourself that retina is a marteing term yet you are asking meaningless questions again. Of course there is room for improvements but why will HD be incorporated in a 2017 flagship phone? Would you buy a TV or laptop with HD screen tech in 2017 for 700$? It will probably cost over 300k in Nigeria

What sense does your last statement make?
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by sarutobie(m): 10:25am On Sep 23, 2017
ItsJonathan:

Oh for Pete’s sake! Is an iPhone so rare that one can’t come across it again? Even the s6 has a better looking screen with a it’s 1080ppi to the iPhone 7 720ppi, and the s6 is an older device..the s8 brings an even better screen than the s6..but like I said, in real life usage, our eyes can’t really tell the difference between a 720ppi and 1080ppi screen..the AMOLED screen of the s-series phones gives it a darker black, which makes it better for watching movies.....
Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 23, 2017
MetaHuman:
see mouth like broke boy.
How many iphone's you don buy? "Unbroke boy"

Let me school you first. Apostrophes are used for possessive nouns hence the "broke boy's comment". So your "iPhone's " doesn't make any sense. It shows you are a dumbass. Your IQ is so low you have to dig for it.
By the way I saw one of your topics about injoo phones. I now understand why you were hypertensive when I said the "broke boy's comment" Take a chill pill, okay; You will get there if only you can channel the rage inside you into thinking.

4 Likes

Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 10:26am On Sep 23, 2017
ollah1:

How?
Blowing away is subjective? Apple's SoCs have always been beastly thanks to tech stolen to arrive at it. Also, a tiny population does video editing let alone doing it on the phone. On a daily usage , you wouldnt see mufh difference in these things.

Same thing was said last year about iPhone 7 yet S7 edge won the award of the best 2016 smartphone

You were there when they stole the tech or you supplied the guns?

Apple gives out contracts Oga!

And with Apple it must be standard. We must not be ripped off! That's why we have a phone that has just face ID with no back up fingerprint scanner. If you like put on all the make up in the world it will work if it's you. It's Apple.

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8 Benchmarks - By Far The Most Powerful Phone Ever by ItsJonathan(m): 10:26am On Sep 23, 2017
vicfuntop:

Let me school you first. Apostrophes are used for possessive nouns hence the "broke boy's comment". So your "iPhone's " doesn't make any sense. It shows you are a dumbass. Your IQ is so low you have to dig for it.
By the way I saw one of your topics about injoo phones. I now understand why you were hypertensive when I said the "broke boy's comment" Take a chill pill, okay; You will get there if only you can channel the rage inside you into thinking.

lol you're Hot!

Modified! Wait that boy arguing is actually using innjoo? ��

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Facebook Down? / Please, How Do I Stop My Phone From Displaying Unknown Number / My Experience From The Infinix Hot6x Photo Walk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.