Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

How Big Is The Entire South East? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Big Is The Entire South East? (9635 Views)

Lagos Revenue In 2018 Was Higher Than That Of The Entire South-East - NEITI / More Clear Photos As IPOB Shuts Down Entire South East And South South! / Kano’s Votes Alone Were More Than What The Entire South-West Gave Buhari - Waku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Big Is The Entire South East? by Pchidexy(m): 10:43pm On Sep 23, 2017
Certainly, sharing a country with scumbags is not easy at all. Oyo state certainly cannot survive without federal allocation. I don't know when barren swathe of land has ever been used as a parameter for state creation.

The solution for all these rubbish is restructuring. We all know that the powers that be won't allow it.

States are created based on its ability to sustain itself and in order to bring government closer to the people. In Nigeria everything is politics!
Re: How Big Is The Entire South East? by wirinet(m): 10:44pm On Sep 23, 2017
CaptainG00D:

north.
South.
East
West.

The whole "ss"and east were formaly known as "old eastern region " before they were divided and given south south.

Go and check ur history, alot of injustices were metted on the east in the past.. that whythey removed history from nigeria education curricullum.. becoz they dnt want u to know the truth.

Please quit spreading ignorance like a disease, delta and Edo states were never under the old eastern region, they were under the western region until they decided to break away to form mid western region in 1963.
To help cure your ignorance, here is more shocking facts; Asaba and Agboh divisions were never under Eastern region but under the western region, both pre and post independence.

5 Likes

Re: How Big Is The Entire South East? by Bede2u(m): 3:06am On Sep 24, 2017
[quote author=ElsonMorali post=60762438][/quote]
Boy u are just another yoruba extreemist. Your argument reeks of low class, while filled with yoruba supremacist nonsense. Enugu still looks like shit and i have never been anywhere else? Boy I have been living abroad since last yr working as a TOP engineer.
I voted ur Buhari... check my 2015 posts. But unlike u... i dont dwell in my stupidity for long.
I dont want to engage u anymore because ur reasonning here is the reasonning of a typical yoruba bigot... which i hate with passion. I was arguing with one deji b4.... he seems more mature and makes better contributions than the silly postulations u write.

Fyi the Enugu international airport was abandonned by buhari admin and has not opened for business. What pple see is the local wing which had its runway extended to serve international flights until the international wing is finished.

Bye babaa u no get talk. But dont worry two bigots like u liked ur nonsense. Rejoice.
Re: How Big Is The Entire South East? by 7lives: 5:31am On Sep 24, 2017
CaptainG00D:

Dude it is not by posting links. When we can usr out common sense.
There is nothing SOUTH SOUTH..
Geographically it is meaningless..
If u mention SOUTH SOUTH in from of any white person he will laught at u.

Thisr placrs u called south south where formally known as OLD EASTERN REGION.
Before ur fraudlent country gave.it south south. grin

Which is meaning less.. u as educated person should ask urself WHAT IS SOUTH SOUTH. grin

I'm trying to understand your argument, the South South is a land occupied by people who are different from Igbos, are you saying they MUST be brought under Igbo SUBJUGATION or what?.
Have the people in this region EVER asked to be merged with the Igbos?.
As you can see they want to stand on their own, I thought this zone was carved out to give the people of this region their own IDENTITY as minority groups within the country?.
Or am I missing something?.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Big Is The Entire South East? by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 24, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

We are talking about current geo political zones but if you want to return to a time past when you had Eastern region then remember that Western region also extended to Asaba and Bayelsa.

Videos from IPOB are all over internet, recordings of true state of alaibo, brown roof everywhere, underdevelopment in every nook and cranny.

We have the pictures saved for brown roof assaults.

Please and please again, in as much as we are here for healthy arguments let's not spread lies.
There was never a time in the history of Nigeria that western region extended to Bayelsa.

Bayelsa is a state created from Rivers State in 1996 which was part of eastern region before it was made a state in 1967.

1 Like

Re: How Big Is The Entire South East? by ElsonMorali: 7:31am On Sep 24, 2017
[quote author=Bede2u post=60769312]

Boy u are just another yoruba extreemist. Your argument reeks of low class, while filled with yoruba supremacist nonsense. Enugu still looks like shit and i have never been anywhere else? Boy I have been living abroad since last yr working as a TOP engineer.

Lool. You're simply hilarious. First, I don't give a sh1t about race or tribe. But since you guys have decided to to be stupidly ethnocentric, I thought I'd make you see the errors of your ways. I gave you examples of what is considered when you're talking about indices of growth and development, you're talking of Kia police patrol car and streetlight. Iranu. Like I said, I doubt very much If you're ever left your village. Yes, Enugu for the most part looks like sh1t, so also most cities in every geopolitical region of Nigeria. Jump in a well If you don't agree. Ya wahala.

I voted ur Buhari... check my 2015 posts. But unlike u... i dont dwell in my stupidity for long.
I dont want to engage u anymore because ur reasonning here is the reasonning of a typical yoruba bigot... which i hate with passion. I was arguing with one deji b4.... he seems more mature and makes better contributions than the silly postulations u write.

Sorry to inform you, But you're still dwelling in your stupidity. You allegedly voted for Buhari, yet you're asking me silly question that why did Yorubas vote for Buhari? Where's the sense in that?

Fyi the Enugu international airport was abandonned by buhari admin and has not opened for business. What pple see is the local wing which had its runway extended to serve international flights until the international wing is finished.

You haven't refuted the fact that the airport becomes a seaport whenever it rains and the runway is so poorly made pilots are reluctant to land there. What do you know? The edifice your sister gave you is an embarrassment to the nation.

Bye babaa u no get talk. But dont worry two bigots like u liked ur nonsense. Rejoice.

Yeah, byebye indeed. You can come back when You've grown up and learnt to make sensible contributions to discussions. You've got No point. Oshi.
Re: How Big Is The Entire South East? by CaptainG00D: 1:45pm On Sep 24, 2017
7lives:

I'm trying to understand your argument, the South South is a land occupied by people who are different from Igbos, are you saying they MUST be brought under Igbo SUBJUGATION or what?.
Have the people in this region EVER asked to be merged with the Igbos?.
As you can see they want to stand on their own, I thought this zone was carved out to give the people of this region their own IDENTITY as minority groups within the country?.
Or am I missing something?.

Go and read me over again.. i neva mentioned IGBO... i said EAST..
What i was trying to say is..
East was not only about igbos before the war.

There was "OLD EASTERN REGION".. and it was made up of the 5igbo states and delta, rivers some other states..

Thats why today u see core igbos in delta, rivers and other states
They were all east, before goverment with their bad intentions decided to split them just to distabilize igbos..

Just use ur google and search for old easter region, thats what i was trying to tell all the dumb bleeps here.
And they are talking trash.

1 Like

Re: How Big Is The Entire South East? by CaptainG00D: 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2017
wirinet:

Please quit spreading ignorance like a disease, delta and Edo states were never under the old eastern region, they were under the western region until they decided to break away to form mid western region in 1963.
To help cure your ignorance, here is more shocking facts; Asaba and Agboh divisions were never under Eastern region but under the western region, both pre and post independence.

Shut up i neva mentioned edo.
Delta is among.. why not use ur google and put.urself to shame
Asaba,isele uku, and many more were part of old eastern region.. olodo.
Re: How Big Is The Entire South East? by malton: 2:36pm On Sep 24, 2017
deji17:

Rather than see Kabba, Ilorin, Offa, Ayetoro etc as Northern territory, we can chose to see them as our eye on the North or our voice in the North. Has Saraki or Dino Melaiye / Smart Adeyemi or Pius Adesanmi seized to be Yorubas because Kwara and Kogi State are part of North central? NO. During the second republic and by 1983, Cornelius Adebayo has become the Governor of Kwara state under the Unity Party of Nigeria headed by Chief Obafemi Awolowo. See, Igbos need to start to think strategically. Society does not necessarily need to be mono ethnic before such society can prosper.

You have a sound mind!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Big Is The Entire South East? by deji17: 5:39pm On Sep 24, 2017
malton:

You have a sound mind!
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: How Big Is The Entire South East? by bkool7(m): 6:15pm On Sep 24, 2017
CaptainG00D:

Thats why i said u havnt traveld out of ur brown roof.. grin SE extended to delta and rivers state., But ur fraudlent nigeria and their envy decided to split it.
Can you read your comment?
We talking of fact, you talking wishes
Re: How Big Is The Entire South East? by laudate: 9:04pm On Sep 24, 2017
CaptainG00D:
Go and read me over again.. i neva mentioned IGBO... i said EAST..
What i was trying to say is..
East was not only about igbos before the war.

There was "OLD EASTERN REGION".. and it was made up of the 5igbo states and delta, rivers some other states..

Thats why today u see core igbos in delta, rivers and other states
They were all east, before goverment with their bad intentions decided to split them just to distabilize igbos..

Just use ur google and search for old easter region, thats what i was trying to tell all the dumb bleeps here.
And they are talking trash.

Oga, go back into the archives. undecided Areas like Asaba, Sapele, Warri, Ughelli, Agbor, Benin, Ogharefe and several Ika towns in the present Delta State, used to be part of the old Midwestern region, in the early '60s. And the old Midwestern region was actually part of the old Western region, until 1963, when a referendum was conducted and the Midwest was carved out of the old Western region. sad So until 1963, the western Igbo towns and communities, like Asaba etc., were actually part of the old Western region, before the Midwest was created. undecided In 1976, the former Midwest state (which was previously known as the old Midwestern region), was then renamed Bendel State. In 1991, old Bendel State was split into two states: namely Edo State and Delta State. So, if you trace the historical origins of Delta State, you would see that it actually came from the old Midwestern region, which was formerly part of the old Western region. Delta State was NEVER a part of the old Eastern region. undecided Kindly do your research.

The Mid-Western Region..... was formed in June 1963 from Benin and Delta provinces of the Western Region, and its capital was Benin City. It was renamed a province in 1966, and in 1967 when the other provinces were split up into several states, it remained territorially intact, becoming a state.
Prior to this, in 1963, the citizens of the territory had voted to separate from what was then the Western region, and the Mid-West region was created. This became Mid-Western state following the federal reorganization in 1967; from a second reorganization in 1976 ..... https://www.britannica.com/place/Edo-state-Nigeria#ref250250

5 Likes

Re: How Big Is The Entire South East? by laudate: 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2017
GavelSlam:
The heck?

What brings the thought of SS going with SE in this discourse?

Are we related by culture?

What is the common bond?

Even now every group in the SS has poopooed and renounced the Biafra dream yet your opening suggests a possible collaboration.

Nna, take us time o!

Wetin bring that kind of rough play?

You dey mind dem? shocked Anytime, they start flinging the word 'South-South' around carelessly, as if it is part of their conquered territory, I just laugh. cheesy This was the same myopic way they were carving part of the North-Central area like Igala land etc., into their proposed Biafra map, the other time. Instead of them to restrict their territorial expansionist tendencies to the Igbo-speaking communities within the South-South, they just open their mouths yakata to make a sweeping generalisation that the entire South-South would go with them, as if there was ever a time that other non-Igbo communities within that area, ever agreed to follow them on a mezzanine journey into their enclave. sad

Abeg, just siddon dey look. undecided They don't realise that the non-Igbo South-South minorities will NEVER accompany them to the next street, talk less of moving with them into their proposed republic. If they try to force such an idea down their throats, na dat day water go pass garri! shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Big Is The Entire South East? by laudate: 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2017
GavelSlam:
For the record, I'm itshekiri.

I have been to Abidjan and I insist it is not even comparable with Molete in Ibadan.

You even have the nerve to suggest Lagos.

Maybe you have only woken up in Makoko.

Una no go take laugh kill person for dis place!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Big Is The Entire South East? by laudate: 9:28pm On Sep 24, 2017
Bede2u:
so why has nigeria not prospered? Even by 3rd world standards, we are backward. Only country in the world where polio still exists. Abidjan in ivory coast looks like new york when compared to Lagos. Cattle rearers still move around with cattle even in downtown Abuja where many foreigners live and work. Electricity is as bad as the worst in Africa.. to the sad extent that cameroon gets more electricity than us, yet we are the largest producer of oil and gas in Africa. NNPC is basically an oil-importing firm. We sell crude and import refined produce cos we have no refineries. Where has Nigeria excelled? And who is the cause? Certainly not Igbos... there has neva been an igbo president. Our governors are busy building state infrastructure that were neglected by non-igbo millitary sole admins that ruled SE during millitary era... why cant fg build federal infrastructure neglected during same era?
As for voting GEJ, igbos believed that their interests were more protected in Gej than buhari. Its not an unreasonable believe as we can now clearly see by buhari's actions against us. Igbos believed that a 2nd geh term would see SE get many fg projects. Dnt blame dem for voting gej cos u voted buhari.. their fears were relevant

Stop talking like a child. sad What do you mean by "Where has Nigeria excelled? And who is the cause? Certainly not Igbos... there has neva been an igbo president." You think there are no looters or corrupt people who have impoverished Nigeria from your ethnic group? Look, the good, bad and the ugly exist in every ethnic group, including your own and my own. There are no saints anywhere! angry

2 Likes

Re: How Big Is The Entire South East? by Bede2u(m): 3:40am On Sep 25, 2017
laudate:

Stop talking like a child. sad What do you mean by "Where has Nigeria excelled? And who is the cause? Certainly not Igbos... there has neva been an igbo president." You think there are no looters or corrupt people who have impoverished Nigeria from your ethnic group? Look, the good, bad and the ugly exist in every ethnic group, including your own and my own. There are no saints anywhere! angry
true. Looters are everywhere but that doesnt mean we should over look the fact that igbos have not called the highest shot in this country yet.
Re: How Big Is The Entire South East? by disumusa: 5:00pm On Sep 25, 2017
CaptainG00D:

Ignorants...keep on disgracing urselves.
small time u guys will say u are graduates.. PLS HAVE U ALL ASKED URSELF WHAT IS SOUTH-SOUTH.?. grin
Olodos.
Untill u all come up with a good explanation on this.. else u ar not worth my argument grin

keep on wasting and dreaming the government of river state direct the security agent to arrest any Igbo confession or meeting organization
Re: How Big Is The Entire South East? by wristbangle: 6:03pm On Sep 25, 2017
kn23h:

Ibadan is more developed than Ebonyi and Enugu.

Comparing Ibadan to Ebonyi is an insult bro
Re: How Big Is The Entire South East? by scholes0(m): 2:15pm On Sep 26, 2017
oladeebo:

are you make this post out of daftness or what?
are you ever see in life where the world bodies warn a nation on land mass?
but they warn nation against her increase in it's population towards her land mass, that's her density:
you compare Singapore and Bornu state to igbo land, that is daftness.
look:
Singapore population
• 2016[3] estimate
5,607,300 (113th)
• Density
7,797/km2 (20,194.1/sq mi) (3rd)

Bornu population:
Population (2006)
• Total 4,171,104
• Rank 12th of 36
• Density 72/km2 (190/sq mi)

South east population:
Population (2015 estimate)[2]:15
• Total ~ 40 million
• Density 400/km2 (1,000/sq mi)
The population of Igboland stated here is an accumulation of the 5 main states Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo only
that's the catch!

Who dash SouthEast 40 million? Lool
I go break.

1 Like

Re: How Big Is The Entire South East? by scholes0(m): 2:17pm On Sep 26, 2017
AfonjaConehead:

that the map of injustice..Cross Rivers is clearly a South Eastern state. Nigeria is such a nation of oppression. How can a clear south eastern region like Cross River not be an Eastern state?!

And these a4onja ppl are just confused n making noice themselves upandan shouting igbo igbo igbo...Whadda4K is ur problem with SE?
Do u ppl dream of SE every nite?
Southern nig is face with gross injustice buh these yaubas keep shouting igbo igbo igbo... angry

Mr Edo Imposter.. lol

If Cross river is Clearly SE to you, then even a blind man can see that Edo is quite South Westerly.

2 Likes

Re: How Big Is The Entire South East? by AfonjaConehead: 6:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
Only someone born outside will deny where he comes from
scholes0:

Mr Edo Imposter.. lol

If Cross river is Clearly SE to you, then even a blind man can see that Edo is quite South Westerly.
mental grin
Re: How Big Is The Entire South East? by Ovamboland(m): 8:19pm On Feb 17, 2018
CaptainG00D:

Dude it is not by posting links. When we can usr out common sense.
There is nothing SOUTH SOUTH..
Geographically it is meaningless..
If u mention SOUTH SOUTH in from of any white person he will laught at u.

Thisr placrs u called south south where formally known as OLD EASTERN REGION.
Before ur fraudlent country gave.it south south. grin

Which is meaning less.. u as educated person should ask urself WHAT IS SOUTH SOUTH. grin

Okay i declare South -south to be South-central, has that solved all the problems?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chika Nwoba Not Abducted, But Arrested By Ebubeagu / Supreme Court: Rumble In Judiciary Over Nomination Of Justices / Akpabio Did Not Collapse At His Birthday Event - Senate, Media Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.